Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

A great change to Lvl 40 Juggernaut

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A great change to Lvl 40 Juggernaut
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/4/2014 20:45:04   
DeltaNoob123456789

This is something I thought thru alot of times, I think that the opponent's the juggernaut faces should like not be able to heal(except for Surgical Strike and Super Charge or some other skills), use generator, recieve energy, use piston punch, and steal energy, Why? Cause Energy problem makes juggernaut hard plus when one of you're oppenents heal, and I think that the Juggernaut should be the only one healing and stealing energy

Skills That Should Be Disabled For The Opponents During A Juggernaut Battle:

Bounty Hunters:
-Field Medicī
-Mark of Blood
-Static Grenade

Mercenary:
-Field Medic
-Blood Commander
-Static Smash

Tech Mage:
-Field Medic
-Battery Backup
-Assimilation

Cyber Hunter:
-Field Medic
-EMP Grenade
-Static Charge

Tactical Mercenary:
-Field Medic
-Battery Backup
-Atom Smasher

Blood Mage:
-Field Medic
-Mark of Blood
-Energy Parasite

My suggustions usually never get implement, if you like this idea or would like to share a better idea feel free to express yourself, Thanks

< Message edited by DeltaNoob123456789 -- 11/4/2014 20:52:22 >
Post #: 1
11/4/2014 21:22:47   
Mother1

Not supported

This is basically putting the opponents the jugs face at this level on a major handicap. Also Juggernaut is supposed to be a hard battle mode for those who want a challenge not something where they can make their opponents punching bags.

I will admit Jug isn't balanced, however making the opponents weak like toilet paper just to please the angry jugs who get clobbered at this level isn't the answer either.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/5/2014 9:42:34   
FrostWolv

How about removing energy pool of every player including Juggernaut?
Epic  Post #: 3
11/5/2014 11:39:52   
Exodasbr

^That wouldn't work either imo.

That would make jugg mainly a game of striking, blocks and crits
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/6/2014 9:04:27   
Thylek Shran

This is an interesting suggestion. Maybe it will make the Juggernaut to powerfull
so it could start with making the opponents only unable to use Field Medic and
see how it works. The heal and energy looping of the two opponents is definetly
the biggest issue.

quote:

Also Juggernaut is supposed to be a hard battle mode for those who want a challenge not something where they can make their opponents punching bags.

I thought that it was supposed to be a hard challenge for the two opponents as the
metaphorical Juggernaut is an unstoppable force that brings alot pain and death
to everything in its way. Currently the Juggernaut is the punching bag which is so
wrong.

quote:

A juggernaut in current English usage, is a literal or metaphorical force regarded as
mercilessly destructive and unstoppable. This usage originated in the mid-nineteenth
century as an allegorical reference to the Hindu Ratha Yatra temple car, which
apocryphally was reputed to crush devotees under its wheels.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juggernaut

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 11/6/2014 9:26:35 >
DF Epic  Post #: 5
11/6/2014 12:30:22   
Mother1

@ Thylek Shran

I remember the staff saying themselves that Juggernaut was meant to be a challenging mode for the Juggernaut not the opponent they are facing. With the way the battle mode is made what you are saying makes no sense for the following reasons.

1) It is the juggernaut who has the power to start this fight sense they are the one who chooses to play it.

2) The opponents are forced into this battle mode every single time a Juggernaut decides they want to play this mode.

Making the battle mode so the opponents who are Forced to play a mode they never had a say in only to have their builds crippled with an idea like this for the amusement of the player who started this fight will cause major problems, and if this were to happen we would have all of those complaint threads about Juggernaut mode being unfair to the opponents like we had in gamma and delta.

Remember as I said the Juggernaut has a choice in the matter if they want to play the battle mode or not. If it is currently too hard for them or the mode is unbalanced they can choose not to play the mode. The opponents who fight the juggernaut however don't get a say if they battle a juggernaut or not.
Epic  Post #: 6
11/6/2014 20:47:54   
Thylek Shran

The Silver Skull Card which is the requirement for the Juggernaut duel mode does cost 20k credits so
there should be some amusement for the Juggernaut. Winning is amusing while loosing isnīt, especially
when the Juggernaut will just be a weak punching bag that the lower levels will laugh about and give
names like "noob" because of the bad Juggernaut mode balance which benefits the lower levels ALOT.

Nearly all lower level players who start a 2vs2 duel know that they can encounter a juggernaut so they
have to deal with that. Nobody is forcing them to play 2vs2 which also includes juggernaut opponents.
They just could play 1vs1 if they do not like this fact. I think it is a pleasant change for 2vs2 players to be
able to encounter a Juggernaut as long as it is challenging for both sides and not only for the Juggernaut.

DF Epic  Post #: 7
11/6/2014 22:02:04   
Mother1

No one forced the Juggernauts to buy the silver skull card or the gold skull card when it came out either. that was the players choice.

Plus it still doesn't change the fact that juggernaut chooses when they fight a jug battle where as the opponents have no say. If a jug decides to have a battle 2 unsuspecting players will be dragged into this fight. While at higher levels most don't run due to it being an easily win due to broken balance at lower levels I see many people running away. I don't know how many times I have seen my partner run away due to the fact that they are forced into a fight they can't win.

if this were to happen prepare to have players run due to them being handicapped.

While I can agree a solution is needed to fix Juggernaut at both higher and lower levels, crippling your opponents to make it easier for the juggernaut who has the choice of not playing the mode isn't the answer.

But for argument's sake let's say the players did as you said and stayed away from 2 vs 2. If enough people stay away from the mode The Juggernaut won't be able to get their battle anyways so it will be a lose lose.

Epic  Post #: 8
11/7/2014 8:45:22   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Plus it still doesn't change the fact that juggernaut chooses when they fight a jug battle where as the opponents have no say. If a jug decides to have a battle 2 unsuspecting players will be dragged into this fight.

This is only partially true. Players that enter a 2vs2 duel have a percentual chance to encounter
a juggernaut depending on how many players press the Juggernaut battle button, while the
juggernaut always will encounter two opponents that pressed the 2vs2 battle button which also
includes the chance for juggernaut opponents. So basically the 2vs2 battle mode description is
wrong for players below lvl 40 as it is not only 2vs2. It is 2vs2 AND 2vs1 !

While a player that wants to be the juggernaut nowadays has to wait 1 to 10 minutes until the
battle does start, 2vs2/2vs1 does start in 5 seconds to 2 minutes. Only very few players press
the Juggernaut battle button today as the the mode is so broken so the chance to encounter
a juggernaut is small now.

quote:

While at higher levels most don't run due to it being an easily win due to broken balance at lower levels I see many people running away. I don't know how many times I have seen my partner run away due to the fact that they are forced into a fight they can't win.

When I was the juggernaut at level 40 nobody did ever run away even when both opponents
was lvl 36 as its so easy to beat a juggernaut now when the players understand the game
mechanics. Alot players with level 35 to 39 characters are veterans anyway. Even two level
36 characters can take out a Juggernaut pretty easily when they loop Field Medic and energy
regeneration while having descent builds with enough HP and defenses. This is why the
suggestion of this thread is good.
DF Epic  Post #: 9
11/7/2014 10:35:13   
Mother1

@ Thylek Shran

No one hardly presses the Jug button due to not wanting to lose which is the smart thing to do. The mode has always been broken even from the beginning either on the Opponent's side (Gamma - Delta) or on the Jug's side (Omega)

Also when was the last time that description screen has been shown for Juggernaut? I haven't seen it sense delta myself.

quote:

When I was the juggernaut at level 40 nobody did ever run away even when both opponents
was lvl 36 as its so easy to beat a juggernaut now when the players understand the game
mechanics. Alot players with level 35 to 39 characters are veterans anyway. Even two level
36 characters can take out a Juggernaut pretty easily when they loop Field Medic and energy
regeneration while having descent builds with enough HP and defenses. This is why the
suggestion of this thread is good.

None of those players who didn't run were purposely handicapped for a juggernaut's amusement either. They had fully ability to use their builds and the ability to counter the juggernaut as it should be on both sides. That is why you don't have runners because they can play effectively and win which is what this suggestion is going to take away from the opponents of the jug while leaving the jug free rain to cripple the opponents without problem.

This is basically another form of putting the juggernaut on superior ground just like it was in gamma and delta when enhancements were still around.

Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> A great change to Lvl 40 Juggernaut
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition