Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

What the point of creating new Weapon

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What the point of creating new Weapon
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/9/2014 4:47:08   
Maggotz

well, since you got the same stat modifier for every weapon,
maybe the different is only its view
Post #: 1
11/9/2014 5:08:38   
Vorzathiel

you have just answered your own question, it is for cosmetic purposes only
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/9/2014 5:54:22   
Maggotz

first time i play this game, its have different stat for each weapon, so i could search for good equipment for each build,
i remember when use tech mage, i really want to buy tyhe staff that have 24 tech point (forget staff name)
and gun which could only bought by varium, so i managed to buy some varium, which could make me got satisfied when i got that gun,

but now when i see the new release stuff, is kinda useless to grind for, even now the premium stuff could be bought by credit

the player also not many as i play last time,
is kinda boring to wait opponent,
Post #: 3
11/9/2014 7:08:16   
InFlamed Fury

Every since the start of the Omega Phase of EpicDuel, the playerbase has declined and is only now just starting to slowly rise back up.

Most people quit because of the massive amounts of balance issues that were caused by the Omega Phase (which still haven't been fixed) while others quit because there was no sense of variety between all of the weapons.

The Developers have said that this was a necessary step to help further balance the game, when what it actually has done is made it more unbalanced than ever.

I have faith in the Developers though and I do believe that they can fix the game before it becomes 'dead' (hopefully it doesn't) but they can't do anything to one class or level without changing another class or level so it has been and will continue to be difficult for them to balance it all out. This is (IMO) the main reason why they have so many new weapons being released because they keep the game going forward (more or less) instead of the same thing happening over and over with no little extras in it.

So whenever you see a new promotional package it's usually there to try and balance out the game without ruining a specific class(es) and the new weapons are to keep the people happy who like the large variety of different customization and uniqueness for their characters.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/9/2014 10:55:33   
One Winged Angel1357

One thing that will also be overlooked by many is the guest team is basically a learning tool for people who want to dedicate their learning to helping progress EpicDuel. The artists are constantly improving their skill and in time will get away from just creating gear and items, don't ask when i don't know, and the writers are improving their craft to bring better missions and stories to the game.

So really new weapons on your end are purely for looks and every now and then a new promo with a core. But on our end it is a needed step towards bringing you bigger and better updates
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
11/9/2014 11:43:00   
Ranloth
Banned

To add to the above, it will also extend to balance as well. A dedicated balance team, made out of players who have knowledge of the game as well as creative ideas to improve the balance and variety. Essentially, it's having a bigger team working on the game and being able to do more work in a shorter period of time - benefits the players and game alike.
AQ Epic  Post #: 6
11/9/2014 14:58:41   
  Exploding Penguin

IMO this is the reason why I don't play ED that much at all anymore.

New releases are about 10% as exciting as they once were. I remember the good days when I was so hyped that harvest reaper was coming back because it gave the most obscene amount of support in the game and had no strength requirement.
Epic  Post #: 7
11/9/2014 20:32:59   
Gepard Acht

I remember people discussing on which staff is the best one; Azrael, Charfade, etc. One gives more support (Tech mages usually do a high support build back then), the other gives more stats, the other gives more damage, the other has less stat requirement.

Now people dont really care, every weapon is the same right?
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/9/2014 20:41:51   
The Jop

I like it, it means you can actually choose things based on appearance. If you had to choose the best weapon, everyone would be using the same thing and people would have to get rid of weapons they liked more but that weren't as powerful.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/9/2014 20:47:20   
RageSoul

Perhaps combining old Enhancements system with our current item system would do the trick . Items like Mjolnir , Caden's Curse / Wrath and the Harvest Weapons would be iconic again , hence more comparison of weapons .
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/9/2014 21:12:42   
Mother1

Except for any locked core the weapons may have every single weapon power wise is the same.

However, upon doing this there was some good and some bad.

The bad is what many of the people already mentioned. However the good that came behind this is that you can buy one set of weapons and you never have to buy any new one ever again. This is because as you level up your weapons can be upgraded to match your level.
Epic  Post #: 11
11/20/2014 17:36:34   
SS

How about the fact that all these identical weapons result in identical builds? In the past you had to think what weapon you want depending on your build, and vice-versa, there were more factors and thus a bigger variety. Now every weapon is the same, so the build variety is almost non-existent. Suffice to say that more than half of level 40 players are high-tech blood mages with high level Plasma Cannon skill. This makes the game less fun, you can only express your individuality through appearance, and that's really not enough for some of us. This is a PvP fighting game, not a beauty pageant, after all.
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> What the point of creating new Weapon
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition