Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Here!
Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/11/2014 4:30:10   
elite dark slayer

If the Jop is Akhilleus (Yes I'm using a variant spelling, but it's correct), who am I? I'm not going to take part, either.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
11/11/2014 4:38:13   
The Finnish Phoenix

Pfft, they're both in the wrong alphabet anyway. Ἀχιλλεύς is correct. And I guess if you're not taking part then you can be Ἀχιλλεύς too since there are enough spellings of his name to go around.

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 52
11/11/2014 5:00:29   
elite dark slayer

How long do you think this tourney will last? Betcha it'll be longer than the energy one.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 53
11/11/2014 7:14:46   
chaosplayer

IGN:yong3nidad

timzone:UTC

guys im nervous because this is my first tournament on OS
anyone else nervous?
and also is thok banned for this tournament?

< Message edited by chaosplayer -- 11/11/2014 7:28:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
11/11/2014 8:34:40   
solomi123

@chaosplayer
me too *shake hand wildly*

ING: solomi123
timezone: ICT
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/11/2014 8:57:09   
DeathGuard

I had rather suggest that the players are able to decide if you can use IronHide CC or not.

This could be the cases:
  • 2 players agree they can use any CC: They will be able to equip IH and Corruptions
  • 2 players don't agree that they can use any CC:
    Two options here:
  • Players won't use no CC at all.
  • Players won't be able to equip IronHide and Corruption.

Take in mind that the decisions they take would be posted on forums before starting the fights to avoid misunderstandings or accusations.

If anything, I think my suggestion would work out better than forcing a ban on the style of some players. After all, the players are the ones who decide how a duel should be played against them.
    If you accept any of the conditions above, you should know far you will get by making those decisions.

Pretty much my last suggestion to make this tournament a bit enjoyable.
  • AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 56
    11/11/2014 8:58:31   
    Gorillo Titan

Iron hide glitches the game if you guys forgot how many duels have you had only to see the enemy not die when they went into the negatives the moment that happens you have to redo the duel banning iron hide lowers the chance of that.

No CC isn't a good idea with nuetral characters IMHO some of them lack the damage to do anything amazing with the lack of any really impressive direct attack cards. Powerstrike is a terrible card imo.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/11/2014 9:00:34 >
    Post #: 57
    11/11/2014 9:01:05   
    DeathGuard

If an opponent reaches negatives, he should concede the battle since he was supposed to die. I wouldn't deny a lost if I got negatives even if I killed my foe afterwards.

Players should decide that. You don't like no CC? Pick one of the other choices with your foe.

< Message edited by DeathGuard -- 11/11/2014 9:02:26 >
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 58
    11/11/2014 9:06:39   
    Gorillo Titan

The glitch shows different number on both players screens one would see a negative the other would see a positive if that happens you have to redo the match it was a big problem in the water tournament for some players.
    Post #: 59
    11/11/2014 9:14:17   
    kakarot1123

@chaosplayer Thok is allowed as of this moment. All that's banned right now is Ironhide CC. I think everyone gets nervous, even if they've done this type of thing before! I've found it helps to take deep breaths and and focus on my general strategy before a match begins.

@Deathguard I don't see a reason why that couldn't be an option. I've seen such friendly agreements work in other competitive environments.

quote:

Like what? Bare in mind that while "because it'll make matches longer" is an accurate assessment, the "longer" duration in question would potentially be "ad infinitum" due to defensive looping. So while it would be a "longer match", that's not the whole truth of the matter as it's not just a "longer match", it's a stalemate, which is a fundamental problem.

At high levels with all current CC's permitted and all Neutral characters available, a player cannot lose so long as they continue mounting Iron Hides, Shields, and Counters. This turns duels into waiting games rather than contests of skill. Patience is a virtue and a skill to an extent when it comes to any duel, but should be one of several measures, not be the sole determinant of the best Neutral player.

If matches can't be completed, then it's a bigger issue and I can see the problem.

Has anyone used or fought against most/all Ironhide CC, Neutral against Neutral? I have not and acknowledge my entire argument could be irrelevant, so I'd really like to hear anyone's experience if they have.

quote:

How many did each of you CC and were you both mounting defences without compromising energy that could be spent on defences for attacks? If not, could one of you have done better if you'd mounted more defences or included more Iron Hide CC's?

I only used one Ironhide CC. He used at least 1, if not 2 for the matches we played. I'd rather not give away his CC for the upcoming tourney without his permission. Anyway, that's a difficult question to answer since it's a hypothetical scenario, but I'll try. Arcane Ranger could have the tools to get through all Ironhides, as you said. Tharr has a native deck with 4 5's and 3 Power Strikes, so with good draws on offense and Neutralize it's possible he could keep smashing through Ironhides. Attacking at least a turn early can give a chance to attack before Ironhides can be set up and/or looped, so it's possible to make a sizable dent in their HP before that strategy can take off. Granted it's not always going to happen, but it means you have a better chance to break through the stalling when it does because there's less HP for them to hide behind.

quote:

Alas, these tournaments put pride at stake. Player participation wouldn't be conditional if nothing were at stake. Achilles wouldn't have refused to participate if nothing were at stake, but something was at stake then. Like Achilles, The Jop refuses to fight, for as the defending champion, he is under pressure to excel which he feels he could do better before under the unaltered conditions previously in place. Sadly, the conditions must be altered because defensive looping causes stalemates which is a fundamental problem.

You've got a good point there. I meant to say there's not much at stake but that's my mistake for miscommunicating.
    AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
    11/11/2014 9:24:13   
    Gorillo Titan

Its a game no reason to get that worked up over it. Why not just ban anything with two iron hides and see how it works out?
    Post #: 61
    11/11/2014 9:27:21   
    DeathGuard

@Gorillo Titan: If it happens, the rematch should be done, just as DCs are likely to happen as well.

@Kakarot1123: Yeah, I have prefer that type of agreements than having a forced ban on one of the CC.

What is fair or not, is subjective so I don't think either of us in general should actually be banning any of the cards, since it is far from being a fact. That's why I think players dueling against each other should decide the rules they want to abide by.
    AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 62
    11/11/2014 16:21:51   
    Bionic Bear
    Helpful!

I'd have to agree with Deathguard on this one. Let the players work out the CC by themselves, rather then there being a strict rule on it.
    @gorillo
    No. Banning CC, provided the players agree on it, is fine. Banning characters? No thanks. Not everyone has more than one high level neutral character to use. I only have my monk, who is level 16. My next highest neutral character is level 9, or something.
    Post #: 63
    11/11/2014 16:23:27   
    Gorillo Titan

The health glitches cause arguing between players you get angry and don't wanna redo matches though.
    Post #: 64
    11/11/2014 16:34:37   
    The Jop

If you're going to use that argument, then DoTs also cause glitches, where one player can't see the DoTs inflicting damage so they die when it shows they still have health or where they actually don't do damage so the other player gets frustrated.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/11/2014 17:12:09 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 65
    11/11/2014 16:45:52   
    Gorillo Titan

Happens more with iron hide.
    Post #: 66
    11/11/2014 17:15:03   
    Hendrik

IGN: Hendrik

Timezone: GMT
    AQ MQ AQW  Post #: 67
    11/11/2014 18:38:06   
    The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

How long do you think this tourney will last? Betcha it'll be longer than the energy one.

I agree, even if CC Iron Hide is banned Neutral is still a much more defensive element (Counters and native Iron Hides) so the matches should last longer. That and I think we'll have more participants this time.

I encourage you to play too!

quote:

I think Skurge just wants to use his set up that he used against Dylligraphy so he has a better chance of winning.

Before that match took place he'd stated his intention to ban Iron Hide and not Corruption and we both agreed not to use CC Iron Hides so we could practice as if it were a tournament match. I can confirm that Skurge intended to ban Iron Hide and is telling the truth when he said he overlooked it in his initial draft.

quote:

Most likely that was also why his reaction was "don't play if you don't like it" which got 3 people to leave, but also gives him a better chance of winning.

As I understand it, DeathGuard is still willing to test the waters, One Winged Angel1357 specifically stated his departure was "because of a lack of time instead of the ruling on cards", and elite dark hadn't signed up to begin with for reasons unknown, although perhaps I'm missing someone. Anyway, if you feel he's discouraging you from playing to increase his own chances, wouldn't that be all the more reason to participate? Skurge organized the past few tournaments, I'm glad he's participating and wish him well. I hope you participate too, I wish you well, and as I said I for my part won't use Corruption against you if we fight in-tournament.

quote:

His last quote was "Dylli would've busted me if I didn't have IronHides."

Native Iron Hides were part of those duels though. I had equal access to them and still lost badly, twice. If anything he was just being modest. I have learned since then though, am now very much aware of his CC set-up, and would be delighted with revenge if I get a chance to fight him in-tournament.

quote:

guys im nervous because this is my first tournament on OS
    anyone else nervous?

Yes, on many levels!

quote:

2 players don't agree that they can use any CC:
    Two options here:
    Players won't use no CC at all.
    Players won't be able to equip IronHide and Corruption.

This's effectively the same as banning Corruption as anyone who doesn't like Corruption can disagree and win their disagreement.

quote:

The glitch shows different number on both players screens one would see a negative the other would see a positive if that happens you have to redo the match it was a big problem in the water tournament for some players.

This is true, although as far as I'm aware it's only caused matches to be re-done in the water tournament.

quote:

If matches can't be completed, then it's a bigger issue and I can see the problem.

Has anyone used or fought against most/all Ironhide CC, Neutral against Neutral? I have not and acknowledge my entire argument could be irrelevant, so I'd really like to hear anyone's experience if they have.

That's very fair of you to say, I've found that such CC sets can indeed lead to stalemates where the players involved have no means of killing each other and either give up or see how high their Counters can stack.

quote:

I only used one Ironhide CC. He used at least 1, if not 2 for the matches we played.

Right I figured as much, and it makes sense that 6-7 Iron Hides would be more likely to cause a loop issue than say, 3.

quote:

I'd rather not give away his CC for the upcoming tourney without his permission.

Sure and that's fair, though he would have to either replace or leave empty the slot(s) he used for the 1-2 CC Iron Hide(s) and I'm still not sure whether he's participating as he's only been involved in the Fire tournament so far, but hope he does as he's a great player and has more PvP experience than anyone.

quote:

IGN: Hendrik

Timezone: GMT

We have another heavyweight joining us. :D Hey Hendrik, did you move? I remember you being across the world. :P

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/11/2014 18:47:56 >
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 68
    11/11/2014 18:46:49   
    Gorillo Titan

I find one very funny thing about the convo we have had for the last day if you look at the last feedback forum after the energy tournament it says Iron hide will be banned and also the fact you guys could of talked skurge into not banning it there. lol I said it twice guys leave feedback on the tournament but yet no one listened. Maybe next time yall should leave feedback.

I think skurge is the AK in charge of tournaments during his break we didn't get anything same as vox being the mod for in game related tournaments.

Seeing as heal work similar to iron hide in the only work on yourside a glitch on the enemy could cause it not to register and change the health.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/11/2014 18:51:15 >
    Post #: 69
    11/11/2014 18:54:35   
    The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

I find one very funny thing about the convo we have had for the last day if you look at the last feedback forum after the energy tournament it says Iron hide will be banned and also the fact you guys could of talked skurge into not banning it there. lol I said it twice guys leave feedback on the tournament but yet no one listened. Maybe next time yall should leave feedback.

I suspected as much and checked the thread earlier but couldn't find Iron Hide mentioned in this thread: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21818780

I agree it should've been more of a point of conversation though.
    AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
    11/11/2014 19:02:10   
    Gorillo Titan

Must of been another forum around the same time then I know it was around the last tournament that skurge said that about the iron hides and it was brought up on the forum.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/11/2014 19:14:09 >
    Post #: 71
    11/11/2014 20:14:15   
    The Jop

@TFP
    That's nice of you, but I would want everyone to be on equal ground according to the rules (which is not the case with iron hide CC being banned but not corruption CC). The tournament is for fun anyway, so I wouldn't want a 'pity battle'. I could join to get eliminated right away, but the rules put me off so much that I don't want to even do that, plus I hate what it means for everyone who hasn't gotten corruption CC.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 72
    11/11/2014 20:21:14   
    Gorillo Titan

How this any differnet from people who used CC in other tournaments vs people who didn't was the fire tournament almost won by someone who didn't even use CC?
    Post #: 73
    11/11/2014 20:33:48   
    The Jop

Since now there's a restriction making it so you can only use the best offensive card neutral has but not the only special defense card neutral has. And this tournament will not be won by someone without corruption unless it's banned or a limit is set, I guarantee it.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/11/2014 20:36:42 >
    AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
    11/11/2014 20:38:18   
    Gorillo Titan

Do you care more of that fact that Corruption is strong and some people would be at a "disadvantage" or the fact you don't have corruption and feel people would have an advantage against you?
    Post #: 75
    Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Here!
    Page 3 of 7«<12345>»
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition