Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Here!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Here!
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/11/2014 20:39:49   
The Jop

The first; not banning a super powerful card while banning the only real counter to it is ridiculous. I normally get eliminated near the start of tournaments and I still join every one (except now!); I couldn't care less about winning.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/11/2014 20:40:39 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 76
11/11/2014 20:42:06   
Gorillo Titan

You should complained about shatter in the ice tournament or super charge in the energy tournament or the "unfair" advantage people get from using a 525 card.
Post #: 77
11/11/2014 20:43:07   
The Jop

That's not the same. This is allowing one of the best cards neutral has while banning its counter. A.K.A. easy wins for people with corruption CC.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/11/2014 20:44:55 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 78
11/11/2014 20:45:41   
Gorillo Titan

Dylligraphy proved iron hide wasn't the only counter to corruption though.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/11/2014 20:48:02 >
Post #: 79
11/11/2014 20:46:11   
The Jop

It is the best though. Only defense besides shields for DoTs.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/11/2014 20:48:56 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 80
11/11/2014 20:49:47   
Gorillo Titan

No iron hide/corruption just leaves you with spamming counters and iron hide to put both players at a stalemate since you can't go through counter with regular cards and iron hide doesn't work against counter.
Post #: 81
11/11/2014 20:52:48   
The Jop

You don't have to spam anything, I'm just saying that when you're inflicted by corruption that iron hide is the best defense if you can get it in time. It won't eat up all your energy so it becomes a stalemate.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 82
11/11/2014 20:58:56   
Gorillo Titan

When I duel I use corruption on iron hide cause its a great strategy bring iron hide down to 500 then attack if you know the enemy is stalling go through it banning iron just mean your gonna have to think out the box when you duel. Looks like skurge isn't gonna do anything to the corruption card so this convo is pretty useless when I think about it.

Just leave feedback in the next tournament discussion. Since Omni knight bavaria setry lord and queen all have iron hides capabilities will they be banned also?
Post #: 83
11/11/2014 21:01:02   
  Kiyone

To help put you guys at ease with the card restriction/ban issue. I wanted to give ya some input on why we remove CC Iron Hide and only Iron Hide. The removal of Iron Hide came done to a few issue. Concerns with minimizing fights becoming glitch and balence issues with the card itself. The 100 extra defense it provide. We the Archknights thought was too problematic with card balence in neutral vs neutral format. Especially in terms of countering on a turn given cards play and mana management. Where corruption did not have that in the group check.

Also this a go round to see how well the community can handle cards/characters being restricted or ban. Which will have big impact on addition tournaments we have planning in the works for you guys.

I hope that helps clear things up for everyone.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 84
11/11/2014 21:04:04   
The Jop

I'm not happy when you guys decide to allow the most powerful offensive card while banning the only counter to it. Sorry if I sound like a broken record, but I think that more thought should have gone into this decision.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 85
11/11/2014 21:05:55   
Gorillo Titan

Iron hide isn't the only counter for it.
Post #: 86
11/11/2014 21:06:30   
The Jop

We just had this conversation. Go up a few posts to see my response again.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 11/11/2014 21:07:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 87
11/11/2014 21:07:30   
DeathGuard

Deleted my entry post. I just feel this tournament won't be enjoyable so I will just refrain from competing to avoid my rants about the decision taken.
I just hope they don't restrict other tournaments, else what's the point of adding CC to make strategies for such a limited deck of a specific character?
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 88
11/11/2014 21:13:08   
Gorillo Titan

People would complain either way would you rather fight someone spamming iron hides and corruption or just spamming corruption?
Post #: 89
11/11/2014 21:14:40   
The Jop

How about spamming neither? Set a limit on both (I would prefer this) or ban both. Let the actual power of a character and skill of the player determine the match, not their CC.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 90
11/11/2014 21:21:40   
Gorillo Titan

Impossible to know if someone is using CC corruption if they use thok and if they ban thok and corruption free players aren't gonna stand a chance.

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 11/11/2014 21:22:11 >
Post #: 91
11/11/2014 21:23:30   
  Kiyone

@The Jop
You don't sound like a broken record. You have a concern and we want to make sure it address and that were not ignoring you guys. We understand not allowing CC Iron Hide and allowing CC Corruption would not be the ideal choice. But given other factor we thought this woul be the best route for all in the tournament to have fun and be competitive.

@DeathGuard
Sorry to hear that. Hopefully you be in for the next one and if you change your mind let us know. With future restrictions on other tournaments. Like I said this is a test for us to see how well community can handle it. Since we do have a tourney idea were discussing over but for us to do it. We would have to do some unpopular restrictions be it card and characters. So be prepare for those but don't fret. We will do tournaments which will have no card or character restrictions.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 92
11/11/2014 21:24:51   
The Jop

Set a limit of 1 per each, that's my recommendation. They won't have to ban characters with native corruptions in their decks and one type of CC won't dominate the tournament that way. As for not being able to tell, we can use the honor system. People here are generally very friendly and are not so competitive that they would cheat to win.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 93
11/11/2014 21:25:10   
Gorillo Titan

How about the dual character tournaments everything gonna be allowed for that right?
Post #: 94
11/11/2014 21:29:15   
  Kiyone

Its too early to tell at this time if they be any restrictions for a future dual character tournament. Like I said this tourneys is the testing ground on CC/character restrictions.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 95
11/12/2014 0:34:35   
Igneous

OS IGN: Signeous - T- ZONE: PST
HOWDY ALL - L20 THARR I AM

- or maybe my L-20 crossbred Dire Arcane Taro Chieftain -
- or an L-14 Engineered Thok -

Just stopped by to enter your tournament.
Clinton asked me to join ( for the 10th time ) and said please.
:D ( Impressive ) this is why you win Clinton - so persistent..
Well - most of you can beat me unless I get lucky -

So any one I don't play in Tournament
- can find me - waiting for you on Battle Vs Player if I am online. Mwa Ha Ha
Take Initiative, Just Press Player and repeat as needed.....

any restrictions* are fine with me
- could someone encapsulate the current decisions* on that?

{Please consider a round robin tournament sometime in the future.
- Win, Lose or Draw - 4 games per match
- rankings by 1 point per win .5 point per draw
Run it as long as it takes - nonstop fun.
- everybody plays everybody in no particular order -
}

< Message edited by Igneous -- 11/12/2014 4:00:06 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 96
11/12/2014 3:05:13   
kakarot1123

@Kiyone
Are there plans for a tournament where players can use any character of any element?

quote:

This's effectively the same as banning Corruption as anyone who doesn't like Corruption can disagree and win their disagreement.

If an agreement can't be made, I think it should default back to the tournament rules. In this case, Ironhide CC being banned. To avoid such a thing from happening.

quote:

That's very fair of you to say, I've found that such CC sets can indeed lead to stalemates where the players involved have no means of killing each other and either give up or see how high their Counters can stack.

Thanks for sharing your experience. Not to ignore what you've just said, but I have to wonder if stalemates were caused by trying not to lose rather than trying to win. To clarify, I mean continuing to defend when it's clear that will cause a stalemate and snowball into an unwinnable situation for both sides, rather than breaking it and in the process leaving yourself open. There's a difference between improving your chances to win and doing everything possible not to lose. This is something I'd like to experience for myself.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 97
11/12/2014 6:16:35   
chaosplayer

kakarot please accept my friend request at oversoul
I see you in solace kakarot
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 98
11/12/2014 17:42:58   
The Finnish Phoenix

Awesome so glad Signeous is playing thank you clinton.

quote:

Dylligraphy proved iron hide wasn't the only counter to corruption though.

Well everything can counter everything, just with varying degrees of success. I do feel as though Corruption wouldn't have that much more of an impact than Empowered attacks which are potentially more efficient than Corruption and can't be interrupted.

For example, if Corruption meets just one Iron Hide over its 4-turn course (likely), it can do 1000 damage for a difference of 5 energy deducting the opponent's use of Iron Hide.
An Empowered 500 attack does 800 instant damage for 4 energy and can't be interrupted or pre-empted by Iron Hide.

Corruption also can't finish as well because it's delayed and can be responded to.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/12/2014 17:59:59 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 99
11/12/2014 20:41:24   
  Kiyone

@kakarot1123
On an overall free for all tournament. Its possible we may do one in the future but theirs a few factors making it not likely to happen anytime soon. Mainly were more focus on running theme tournaments at this time and if theirs another official Oversoul Tournament. Most like that hypothetical tourney would be free for all. Where the forum would want to avoid duplicate that. So theirs a chance we may do free for all but its got some competition to deal with for a while.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 100
Page:   <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament: Sign Up Here!
Page 4 of 7«<23456>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition