Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Skill Replacements

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Skill Replacements
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/9/2014 15:32:40   
  Exploding Penguin

Another one of these threads.

Atomic Capacitor

-Replaces Atom Smasher
-Fires your auxiliary weapon, removing an opponent's energy equal to a % of aux damage. This skill does not require the auxiliary to be available nor does it place it on cooldown. A percentage of the energy drained is converted into a shield for the TLM that absorbs damage or energy drains for the next turn only. Poison damage goes through this shield. Energy drains will affect the shield before they affect the TLM's energy pool.

Fireball

-Scales with dexterity
-Fires a ball of fire that, on impact, applies a burn debuff on the target for 1 turn. If the target attacks, its damage on that attack is reduced by a small % and the debuff is consumed. If the debuff is still active when the affected target is attacked, they take %-increased damage.

Mark of Blood

-Fixes a clone skill
-Replaces BM's mark of blood
-Marks the target for 3 turns. Using your skills on targets applies additional effects based on the skill used. Putting skill points into this reduces the energy cost. Using a skill consumes the mark of blood debuff immediately.

-Fireball: Amplifies damage by a moderately small %
-Overload: Increases stun chance by 10%
-Plasma Cannon: Doubles the resistance ignored.
-Plasma Rain: Deals bonus damage based off of how many skill points are in this skill
-Bludgeon: Heals for 40% of the damage dealt
-Intimidate: Reduces the enemy's support by 40% the strength debuff.
-Supercharge: Additional +10% lifesteal. Returns an amount of energy equal to a % of the damage dealt.
-Energy Parasite: While energy parasite is active, recovering energy is 15% less effective on the target.

Crushing Blow

-Replaces Mercenary Intimidate
-Increased energy cost
-Strikes the target with overwhelming force, dealing +10% more strike damage and applying the debuff "crushed" for 3 turns. A crushed target deals % less damage on any of their attacks until the debuff wears off. The crushed debuff wears off as soon as one attack is used while it is applied. The % damage reduction scales with support.

Cybernetic Shield

-Replaces CH's shadow arts
-Activates a shield which absorbs an amount of damage before breaking and lasts up to 4 turns. While the shield is still active, the CH restores energy equal to 15% of damage dealt. This effect stacks in an additive fashion when using static charge while the shield is active. The shield strength increases with support.

Plasma Strike

-Replaces CH's cheap shot
-Strike and deal energy damage while ignoring a large portion of the target's resistance. Blocks reduce damage from this skill by 50% rather than 85%.

Shock Venom

-Replaces CH's venom strike
-Deals unblockable on-hit damage which scales with technology and applies shock venom for 4 turns. Shock venom deals non-scaling damage each turn based off of skill points invested. Using EMP grenade on a shock venom target increases the drain by 6% (+1% per skill point in shock venom). Also, when recovering energy from damaging a shock venom target, the energy recovery is increased by an additive 1% (+1% per skill point in shock venom).
-Plasma grenade has +1% (+1% per skill point in shock venom) bonus damage and stun chance to targets applied with shock venom.
-Shock venom deals less damage overall than venom strike does.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 11/12/2014 23:38:46 >
Epic  Post #: 1
11/9/2014 17:04:46   
Mother1

The Atomic Capacitor one sounds interesting. But I have to ask though does it require a weapon to use? Cause if not than TLM will have no weapons based moves seeing as due to complaints in the past those kinds of moves have been changed one by one.

As for the fireball change and new Mark of Blood not supported. As it is right now BM as you put it are already the gods of Epic duel especially at the higher levels. Both of these changes would make BM's even more godly.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/9/2014 18:06:12   
Zarakii Kenpachi

playing a BM myself right now i agree with mother1 on this such as the overload extra % chance to stun imho it would make bm's do what i have seen so many techs do for a while now and abuse dex/overload as a bm myself i can honestly see why parasite is the number one reason people are playing the class right now. as for suggestions im not sure as of right now on any good alternatives there are many many ways to sap energy tho as any class but when its put up vs an npc its far too good a skill lol
Post #: 3
11/9/2014 23:46:20   
InFlamed Fury

@Mother1

The Atomic Capacitor Requires an auxiliary to be equiped to use and from what i can see but it will not put the auxiliary to go on to a cooldown.

This is the second skill that has ever required a weapon other than a primary weapon, with the 1st one being Deadly Aim (R.I.P).

As for fireball, although it is quite useless right now i still don't agree with the fact that it scales with dexterity (Remember, they already have overload and plasma rain, 3 dex moves is a little too much IMO).

Mark of Blood just sounds too good, as it would increase every skill on the blood mage's skill tree. No other class would have such ability to do so because as you have said, it would only affect Mark of Blood on Blood Mages.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/9/2014 23:52:27   
Mother1

@ Inflamed fury

I was talking about weapon requirement such as would it need a club to use. Not in the sense that you would need an aux. That was the reason why I also mentioned if it didn't have a weapon requirement than TLM would be able to use a sword without any downside.

As for your second point about fireball I remember someone made a similar suggestion about making fireball scale with dex when strength blood mage was the flavor build (Back when fireball scaled with 3 strength instead of 4) and I gave the same response you did.

However now it would be worse due to Energy parasite seeing as this combo would be loopable unlike back in delta when Blood mage didn't have anyway to drain or gain energy.

As for the last one, Tech mages have several of BM's skills or rather BM's have several of TM's skills due to TM being here first.

Bludgeon
Overload
Plasma rain
Supercharge

All these are shared between the two so if anything in 2 vs 2 those moves might get the same effect which could cause even more problems if BM and TM were partners in battle.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 11/9/2014 23:54:54 >
Epic  Post #: 5
11/10/2014 2:47:23   
Satafou

The atom smasher replacement is actually very interesting, i can actually see it working in game. However that mark of blood replacement is a joke. Bludgeon rage 40% heal is madness and the double res ignore by plasma cannon is just scary to think about not to mention, intimidate is effective enough as it is never mind with it also debuffing support.
Post #: 6
11/11/2014 0:25:18   
  Exploding Penguin

Changed the mark of blood effect to instantly wear off after one skill is used with it. 40% lifesteal isn't that much if you think about it because it's a 1-turn thing that requires prior energy consumption and the previous mark of blood gives 28% lifesteal per turn at max rank.

Double resistance ignore maybe adds an extra 60-80 damage. Using energy to place the debuff for a single use that only deals that much bonus damage isn't too ridiculous.
Epic  Post #: 7
11/11/2014 1:56:46   
InFlamed Fury

That sounds a lot more balanced so i am a little more convinced towards this suggestion, although i am a little curious as to know what the MP requirements to use it would be.

Would they stay the same or change drastically?
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/11/2014 11:50:56   
  Exploding Penguin

I would say it would probably be something like 200-250 energy cost at level 1, and it would go down by 10-15 every time you invest a skill point into it.

The cooldown would also be 2 turns so you could apply the mark, consume it, then have another turn to do something else, then apply it again (if you wanted to apply it again that quickly).
Epic  Post #: 9
11/12/2014 3:19:23   
InFlamed Fury

Sorry i'm just a little confused here but, does that mean that the higher the level of MoB, the cheaper it is? That's what it's sounding like to me and also how would the actual effect of the skill scale with increasing it's level?

Would the skill's effects stay the same at each level or would they increase like all other skills?
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/12/2014 19:01:00   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

-Marks the target for 3 turns. Using your skills on targets applies additional effects based on the skill used. Putting skill points into this reduces the energy cost. Using a skill consumes the mark of blood debuff immediately.

Leveling it up doesn't not improve the effects; it just makes the cost go down. Given the relatively short cooldown and the amazing benefits the skill gives you would probably want to put some skill points into it though.
Epic  Post #: 11
11/12/2014 23:21:19   
InFlamed Fury

Hmm, It seems that it'll be used but it won't be OP so you have my vote for putting this into the game.

Keep up the good, detailed suggestions Penguin! I'm loving most of them so far and it will be interesting to see how they will play if they are put into the game.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
11/12/2014 23:39:15   
  Exploding Penguin

Thanks for the encouragement!

I've added a couple more skill suggestions to the OP now.
Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Skill Replacements
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition