Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= November 13th, 2014 - Frozen Fury MMO Event Preview

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= November 13th, 2014 - Frozen Fury MMO Event Preview
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/14/2014 14:51:07   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

November 13, 2014
Frozen Fury MMO Event Preview

The War for the Biological Preserve is well underway and it's still too close to call. The Exiles have a slight lead, having already taken out a Legion Purifier. Remember, with scores as close as they are now, every player can make a difference! Everyone receives war drops just for participating in PvP battles so be sure to use them well!

Artix Anniversary Event Wrapup!
Monday, November 17th we will be removing the Coffee Crusader mission chain PERMANENTLY. This means that the Omni Knight Blade and Titan's Mug will be rare, much like the anniversary weapons and achievements that came before. If you still haven't completed the Coffee Crusader mission chain, there's still time! Those who already have Titan's Mug can take their time redeeming the Mug for the rare achievement in Caffeine Crash mission chain.

If you wish to refresh your memory about the Artix 12th Anniversary Event, you can read more about the Anniversary Event here!

New Home for the Holidays!
Nestled in the Frysteland Wilderness, these Frysteland Yurts will be available on Monday through a small update.

This modest home will be the basis for an upcoming contest. More details about that will be unveiled at a later time.

Frozen Fury
The cold winds of Frysteland are chilling all of Delta V, and that can only mean one thing...an EPIC Winter Event! We're already hard at work to make this upcoming event one to remember!

For years, Frysteland has been the focus of Legion and Exile conflict, with the region's control in flux over the years. Alydriah has never forgiven Legion Commander Edgar Boothe for his lack of devotion to her ideals of discipline (i.e. refusing to order public executions for littering). Boothe may feel a soft spot for his native Krampus people, but he believes firmly that the benefits of Legion order and technological progress can enhance their lives immeasurably. Alydriah won't let this perceived mercy go unpunished, but the ever-watchful Endless has stayed her cybernetic hand...until now.

Insane treasures await you in the coming months as EpicDuel prepares for its biggest event in ages! Prepare for Frozen Fury!

Tags: Nightwraith
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/14/2014 15:03:00   
DOOMdeath

Yaay, more weapons and not a word about balance -.-
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 2
11/14/2014 15:26:10   
Ranloth
Banned

Only because it's not been mentioned, it doesn't mean balance isn't worked on. There are different teams focusing on different aspects of the game - testing, balance, writing, and art. Promising any sort of updates in the past (and then delays), didn't go down well with the players - one of the reasons DNs are now released on Thursdays/Fridays, when we know for sure what will be released.

AQ Epic  Post #: 3
11/14/2014 16:58:25   
Exodasbr

Is that the future promo? , It seems decent from the shape, but I miss swords, we've had too many scythes recently in my opinion.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/14/2014 17:32:37   
Mother1

I just finished getting the titan's mug cheevo for all my accounts and thanks to all the PVP missions I was able to get them 3 of them to the second tier and 1 to the third. Though I have a feeling legion might win this war.

Exile made the grave mistake of going after the Standard instead of the finisher and with no war rallies happening due to how close it is?
Epic  Post #: 5
11/14/2014 17:36:03   
dfo99

quote:

Remember, with scores as close as they are now, every player can make a difference

i get 28k of influence in a recent war and 1k during this and it does not affect in anyway the war bar. weird, isn't it?
Post #: 6
11/14/2014 17:39:13   
Ranloth
Banned

Influence Bar is refreshed periodically, not in real-time.
AQ Epic  Post #: 7
11/14/2014 18:07:18   
dfo99

yes, i know. but it don't answer nothing.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 11/14/2014 18:08:25 >
Post #: 8
11/14/2014 22:02:42   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

@dfo99 What Trans is saying is that the influence you are contributing to the war is being added to the war bar score, but due to the fact that the war bar is refreshed periodically, you may not see your influence being added to the war bar.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/18/2014 17:35:35   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

Titan @Titan_EpicDuel
A big blizzard of content is coming your way: Several new cores in the works! New mission chains, new Varium packs, and 27 days of prizes!
https://twitter.com/Titan_EpicDuel/status/534836767741194240

*cough* We're going all out for the Winter Event. ;)
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
11/18/2014 17:50:13   
Rayman
Banned

If That quote had Big Balance Changes Coming I Would of started Criying.
And for The Cores In the works I hope that these new cores are not only the new Promo Cores.
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
11/18/2014 19:12:19   
doomkiller98

Fact of the matter is they need to release cores And fix balance.
NOT promo cores!!!
And NOT tiny balance updates that don't do crap. (the tiny balance releases that they release just to make it look like their at least doing something)

Oh boy wheres Xendran at.

~Doom
Post #: 12
11/19/2014 0:50:09   
  Kokujoe

quote:

Nightwraith ‏@Nightwraith_ED Mulp http://puu.sh/cWmg5/0a4dff9267.jpg

https://twitter.com/Nightwraith_ED/status/534835406811176960

Would love to see what these new cores are......here's probably one of them! Seems like its got something to do with the Yeti Hulk, perhaps?
Always excited for new chain missions, I just hope we're rewarded handsomely just like we've been in the recent past. But what has really caught my eyes is this -> 27 days of prizes. I wonder whether it has something to do with the daily quests or maybe prize codes instead?

~Kokujoe ^____^b
Post #: 13
11/19/2014 1:16:33   
Mother1

@ Doomkiller98

Huge balance changes can be just as bad if the flaws within the update aren't taken care off. Look at the passive to active change for example. That wasn't small no way no how. However, due to the previous change of adding costs to cores, along with most of the active passives now costing energy it has put extreme strain on energy to the point where many of the builds before are hardly usable due to this.

Personally I would rather small ones that have all the bugs worked out than big ones that have flaws that wreak balance even more.
Epic  Post #: 14
11/19/2014 7:47:15   
Ranloth
Banned

There are cores planned on top of the promo ones, so it won't be just the promos getting cores. Besides, after a year, anyone can get these cores too, so it's only temporary lack of cores - if we look at the promos only, not in-game ones. We're all aware there's a lack of in-game cores, but it was said many times that they aren't easy to create, hence why promos are getting them the most. In a few weeks, you'll see more Blood Hawk items being used since they are going to return and have a Credit option. General variety should increase, for those who don't buy promos.
Likewise with big balance changes. Major ones like removal of passives, or adding costs to cores, won't be happening anytime soon. Doing major changes, without fixing smaller ones first, only creates more issues. Right now, balance between classes isn't all that bad; TLMs could use some spicing up, CHs seem to be doing well after the latest SC buff, etc. Objectively speaking, that is.

Also, a small pool for you guys: http://strawpoll.me/3017098
We're planning ahead with the releases, and want to expand on a few more NPCs sometime after Christmas (since the Winter Event takes priority). Daily Missions will also be looked at, in terms of more chains and buffing up their rewards - especially since mission rewards have been increased, compared to around a year ago.
AQ Epic  Post #: 15
11/22/2014 2:40:49   
SouL Prisoner

Those are some cool frosty weapons there. And on a side note. WT an ArchKnight!!! Neat bro! :)

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 11/22/2014 2:41:44 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
11/24/2014 10:53:06   
doomkiller98

@mother

Since my last post got deleted i'll put it this way, Where in my post did I say "HUGE balance updates"?

Passive to active was not a good example of a bigger balance change cuz it wasn't even a good idea.
Post #: 17
11/24/2014 12:30:21   
TankMage

Quick reminder this is not the balance forum and as these design notes don't mention changes there's no need to turn this into a balance discussion thread.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tt.asp?forumid=415
AQ Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= November 13th, 2014 - Frozen Fury MMO Event Preview
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition