Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 18«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/17/2014 19:27:09   
BJEBLE

Vertigo won the first, then I won, then in a match decided by 125 health, Vertigo advances and I go to the loser bracket. They were really good, thanks for the duels.
DF  Post #: 51
11/17/2014 19:28:02   
kakarot1123

Corruption's really strong.

Is there a bracket to see who my next opponent is?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 52
11/17/2014 19:28:34   
Vertigo Beast

Bjeble and I just faced each other. It was a really fun match

I ended up advancing, I forgot to take screenshots except of the last one: http://i.imgur.com/33YCQYR.png

Great matches Bjeble! Really strategic :D
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 53
11/17/2014 19:47:21   
Skurge
The Dealer

That's a lot of progress for one day! Everything's been updated as of now.

Also, King Rogue, any updates on your status? :-)

< Message edited by Skurge -- 11/17/2014 19:48:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 54
11/17/2014 20:55:22   
DarkLore

First round goes to The Warden. Now for round two.
Second round goes to me. Last round!

< Message edited by DarkLore -- 11/17/2014 20:59:15 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
11/17/2014 21:07:09   
The Finnish Phoenix

You're my next opponent Hendrik! Good luck and let me know when you're ready. :)

quote:

Vertigo won the first, then I won, then in a match decided by 125 health, Vertigo advances and I go to the loser bracket. They were really good, thanks for the duels.

So neither player won twice in a row?

quote:

A match is a series of 3 duels with the same opponent. If you lose 2 matches, you are out of the tournament!
You must win the best out of 3 battles to defeat your opponent! The higher level player should allow the lower level player to go first; if you are both the same level, decide who gets to be the most courteous and allow their opponent the initiative! In the case of a tie (1 win each), continue dueling until someone wins 2 matches in a row. Alternate who goes first between matches. If the match continues to prolong for a long time, we'll use the Poker Rules described in the previous thread. This is only to occur when the match is causing the tournament to delay too much.

So if Vertigo Beast were to have won duels 2 and 3 (as Gorillo Titan did in his 2-1 win against DarkLore), he should advance because he won both with and without going first since the first turn alternates and his wins were consecutive. However, since Vertigo Beast won duels 1 and 3 (nonconsecutive) then it's unfair to consider it a match loss for Bjeble because Vertigo Beast's bracket win would in part be as a result of the significant advantage of an extra first turn. The tiebreaker above makes it impossible for the winner to have had more first turns than the loser, which is its rationale and the reason why it keeps things fair.

I'm not sure whether Bjeble is aware of this and is opting to bow out, but if he isn't then he should know that he and Vertigo Beast should "continue duelling until someone wins 2 matches in a row." after a 1-1 split. This is why results where the bracket winner has more than 2 wins are fairly common in "best 2 out of 3" tournaments like this one.

quote:

First round goes to The Warden. Now for round two.
Second round goes to me. Last round!

Again, not necessarily...

I just don't want anyone to expect their opponents to bow out after two nonconsecutive losses due to false precedents when two in a row are necessary to win a bracket. That's the main reason I'm concerned about Vertigo Beast and Bjeble having prematurely agreed on their bracket's conclusion and outcome with Skurge updating the bracket accordingly.

quote:

Is there a bracket to see who my next opponent is?

I'm not entirely sure since the numbers for brackets in progress aren't listed. Counting down it looks as though Bracket 8 would be mine and Hendrik's, but mentaldaemon's bracket is two below and shows as Bracket 11 which would presumably make Bionic Bear's bracket the real Bracket 8 as it's three brackets above 11. I could be reading it totally wrong though.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/17/2014 21:22:53 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 56
11/17/2014 21:07:44   
the warden

darklore is yours frozen as well?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
11/17/2014 21:13:46   
DarkLore

The Warden takes the final round! GL buddy!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 58
11/17/2014 21:14:08   
the warden

darklore: thanks man:)
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
11/17/2014 21:19:41   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

The Warden takes the final round!

Round 3 is not necessarily the final round and shouldn't be if The Warden won it. Again, it's not over until someone wins two in a row.

If it's 1: The Warden, 2: DarkLore, and 3: The Warden then nobody's won two in a row and the duels should continue until someone wins two in a row.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/17/2014 21:20:45 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
11/17/2014 21:26:14   
elite dark slayer

Didn't Skurge say it was best two out of three and if someone wins the first two, then there would be no need for the third duel? You're confusing me, TFP.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 61
11/17/2014 21:26:29   
Vertigo Beast

@The Finnish Phoenix

Oh you have to win two in a row? I don't think either of us were aware of that.

After winning the 3rd fight Bjeble said "You Advance" to me and we parted after saying "Nice match" and "Good Luck" etc.

First Match: Thok v Genesis Warrior (Both lvl 11, Bjeble sent duel, I went first, I won)

Second Match: Thok v Dire Monk (lvl 11 v lvl 14 respectively, I sent duel, Bjeble went first, Bjeble won)

Third Match: Thok v Dire Monk (lvl 11 v lvl 14, Bjeble Sent duel, I went first, I won)

I was Thok all three rounds, Bjeble was Genesis Warrior and then Dire Monk.

@Bjeble

Are you still online?

< Message edited by Vertigo Beast -- 11/17/2014 21:53:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 62
11/17/2014 21:27:51   
Gorillo Titan

You just need 2 wins in a row to win.
Post #: 63
11/17/2014 21:29:06   
Axel459
The Void Calls

@Elite It is best three but you have to win two in a row to advance.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 64
11/17/2014 21:30:32   
Gorillo Titan

Also I did say to make this clear cause people would have convos like this in every tournament.
Post #: 65
11/17/2014 21:33:08   
Vertigo Beast

Honestly, Its not even "Best of 3"

That whole "Best of 3" part of the rules should be removed completely and just state "First to win 2 Duels in a row advances - Alternate between who goes first"

"Best of 3 duels" implies that there are only going to be 3 duels sent, but the actual Rule is you must win 2 duels in a row.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 66
11/17/2014 21:36:32   
The Finnish Phoenix

Vertigo: Right, and I understand with you since it's your first tournament but I'm pretty sure Bjeble, DarkLore and The Warden have each participated in at least as many tournaments as I have so I'd have thought they would've seen how this tiebreaker plays out by now. :F

quote:

Didn't Skurge say it was best two out of three and if someone wins the first two, then there would be no need for the third duel? You're confusing me, TFP.

If someone wins the first two to make it 2-0 then they've won two in a row. Since they've won with and without first turn, they would indeed advance as clinton did against over under. However, that wasn't the case in Bjeble vs. Vertigo Beast or DarkLore vs. The Warden.

If it's a 1-1 tie then duels continue until someone wins two in a row, both of the aforementioned brackets were a 1-1 tie and the duels didn't continue until someone won two in a row.

< Message edited by The Finnish Phoenix -- 11/17/2014 21:42:48 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 67
11/17/2014 21:38:25   
the warden

TFP: idk I was doing it out of 3 lol.
besides darklores offline now anyways
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
11/17/2014 21:45:42   
Axel459
The Void Calls

I went 2-0 against Kiyone both were fun games.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 69
11/17/2014 21:50:04   
The Finnish Phoenix

Congrats Axel!

Vertigo and the warden: Sure, and if Bjeble and DarkLore are in a hurry to lose without having read the first post I don't have a problem with that being on them, I mainly just want to avoid further premature conclusions in the future and make sure that a precedent hasn't been set.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 70
11/17/2014 21:55:50   
  Kiyone

Axel beat me fair and square 2 to 0. Always fun to play against him. Good luck with the rest of the tournament. Now back to the drawing board for me.
DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 71
11/17/2014 23:55:44   
Gorillo Titan

Can someone tell sign its best of 3 not four?

So far he won first duel then I won the 2nd its my turn to go first but he wont let me go first.

Duel 3 glitched. https://twitter.com/Gorillo1/status/534578645864423424

< Message edited by Gorillo Titan -- 12/14/2014 2:19:51 >
Post #: 72
11/18/2014 2:58:55   
The Finnish Phoenix

quote:

In the case of a tie (1 win each), continue dueling until someone wins 2 matches in a row.

I guess nobody's following this?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 73
11/18/2014 3:08:15   
chaosplayer

@clinton pm me if your online meet me at solace-1
yes! clinton had not replied yet so training time

< Message edited by chaosplayer -- 11/18/2014 3:52:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 74
11/18/2014 3:48:31   
The Finnish Phoenix

Alright that's fine then. :3

Well looks like you've got the next initiative then, ball is in your court sir. :P
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [Oversoul] >> Oversoul General Discussion >> RE: =OS= Seventh PvP Elemental Tournament - Discussion Thread
Page 3 of 18«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition