Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

How long did your build take?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> How long did your build take?
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/17/2014 23:54:03   
FameFortune

Way too many people have the same builds and its annoying to look at. Same with same user names, if everyone is different we should at least be able to think of something different that works right?

Moved from ED GD and shortened title. I will lock this thread if it turns into a list of complaints. Thanks. ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 11/18/2014 15:02:28 >
Post #: 1
11/18/2014 0:02:30   
Mother1

As the game is now the masses care more about winning than being creative and possibly losing. While some players make builds for themselves most aren't master build makers. SO when they see a successful build that gets results they copy it.

In other words:

Being a sheep player and getting wins at a good rate > being creative and getting clobbered by sheep builds.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/18/2014 0:38:42   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Being a sheep player and getting wins at a good rate > being creative and getting clobbered by sheep builds.

Until one creative build starts clobbering sheep builds then becomes the new sheep build.

Back in the good old days, I was constantly broke because I literally spent probably 3-5k credits every few days just messing around and making a new build. Too bad that doesn't happen anymore because some changes in Omega severely limited build flexibility among classes.
Epic  Post #: 3
11/18/2014 1:39:43   
Gepard Acht

Well not too long ago, I did a semi-tanky high str poison/cheapshot build with no malfunction. Next thing y'know all the ch I fight used the exact same thing .....
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/18/2014 8:03:07   
Mother1

@ Gepard Acht

Back in delta while I was playing as a merc I started using a high tech focus 4 Bunker surgical strike build before the infernal war. The build at the time while weak against strength blood mages, did well against mostly every other build. Then after a short while I saw my build and tripped out versions of it all over the place as well.

So I know the feeling of having that happen to me as well.
Epic  Post #: 5
11/18/2014 11:01:00   
Satafou

Mother1 the build you mentioned was actually around during gamma, which was used by Mokta 3, myself and heartthroperishbh. It was exceptionally strong during 2vs2 as it had more hp than the 5 focus and during this time period you could gamma bot P then gamma bot E, as well as surgical or bunker depending what was more suitable for the situation. Also referring to your question," if everyone is different we should at least be able to think of something different that works right?" As mentioned by mother, not everyone is master build makers. I'd be surprised if there was even as many as 5 master build makers left on ED. However one thing i will add, and this isn't a complaint for the record, just the obvious truth. With the removal of enchantments and removal of weapon requirements and locked stats it actually removed pretty much all of Epicduel's diversity in build making. It's easier than ever to copy a build now as specif gear doesn't matter anymore but as well as builds being easier to copy there's also less options to do but to copy. The removal of enchantments as we all know resulted in less stats. Less stats = less possible combinations that are viable for a high ratio build. They could of simply lowered the credit cost for enchantments,which would of resulted in a lot of old friends we miss and other players sticking around, instead of quitting because they felt ripped off, because lets face it, there wasn't actually anything broken about the actual enchantments themselves, all that went wrong was a gap grew between those who paid and those who didn't. Since items which would be considered varium back in the likes of delta are now for credits, there would of been no harm in making enchantments more cost efficient for non vars either.
Post #: 6
11/18/2014 12:30:45   
Exodasbr

This is my opinion but this game isn't actual that complex, most builds have already been done by someone somewhere and there is also the fact that people are more concerned with winning (Which you can't really blame people for as it is a pvp game).

People even copied my quick loss build when I gave up on actually trying to beat lv40s. (I am lv40 now though)

< Message edited by Exodasbr -- 11/18/2014 12:48:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
11/18/2014 19:38:21   
  Exploding Penguin

Oh, those crazy days with my 140 energy merc or CH builds. Good fun they were.

When BM first came out and everyone thought it wasn't the best class, I made the max zerker max fireball build. I sucked with it, but about 3-4 months later someone made it and it became a notorious build.
Epic  Post #: 8
11/18/2014 22:35:52   
Gold Shock

@ Satafou, About time someone mentioned heartthroperishbh. An emperor with 30k 1v1 wins, 94%. He was probably the only Mercenary with a 97+win% anyday he got onto the daily 1v1 with his build. We were in BkoC together at that time and he taught me so much about mercs. Man I miss that guy...An Unknown Legend. Another honorable mention was AshtonsDad.

< Message edited by Gold Shock -- 11/18/2014 22:46:12 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
11/19/2014 9:37:12   
Inkwolf

I'd like to point out, too, that there is a certain amount of peer pressure in the game. If you play 2v2, it's not uncommon for your partner to yell, call you a noob, or even rage quit if they don't like the look of your build.

There is also lots of more friendly and well-meant advice from other players that starts with, "Your build is bad. You need to--" or even "You should copy my build." This was extremely helpful when I first started out and knew nothing about how the game worked, but it gets kind of annoying after a while. And I'm sure it adds to the number of people following standard/clone builds.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 10
11/23/2014 14:08:46   
Stonehawk

It's like a rock-paper-scissors game with some issues. An OP build will be defeated by another build that can be beaten by some others that aren't even OP. There's no 100% build. The only problem is that most of the builds that beat the MOST USED BUILDS either lose by almost all other builds or only beat the OP builds with a bit of luck. This is where the balance everyone wants should get in. That Kartherax made it possible to beat Strength builds without having to count on luck, for example.

Talking about copying builds, well once I beat a sheep build and that guy thought my build was good for beating him so he copied. But I think he gave up when he noticed it mostly beat builds of his kind and not all of them, so he probably went back to the old build.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> How long did your build take?
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition