Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

SilentDuel 2014

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> SilentDuel 2014
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/23/2014 19:47:07   
One Winged Angel1357

Since this thread got a necrobump out of the blue and all of the recent comments, that I saw, survived M4B's cleaning I figure why not bring it back to be discussed again in a rule following manor.

quote:

So recently I have started grinding away at missions on both One Winged Angel and OneWingedA to notice something I have most likely known about for ages. EpicDuel is a pretty quiet game once you are inside a battle.

You enter a duel and you are lucky to get any sort of comment from the enemy which is a far cry from when I started and you had a minor amount of conversation every now and then. Personally I think the imbalance and general amount of luck, good or bad, just kinda sours the attitude of duelists.

What is everyone's opinion on this matter just because a lot of you duel much more than I

That was the original prompt I made roughly this time last year so has anything changed since then? If you are curious and want to see the responses from a year ago to compare with how it is today here is the link until it is removed, clicky!
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 1
11/23/2014 20:36:29   
  Exploding Penguin

I just played a few matches today. I literally only got responses from 2 players who came back after a year.

New players just don't talk. The old ones still do, though.
Epic  Post #: 2
11/23/2014 21:27:35   
Mother1

With the way the community is now I don't blame most people for not wanting to talk. I try to strike up conversations but most just ignore me. What really surpised me today though was in 2 of my 2 vs 2 matches I was actually able to get some conversation out of some people.

Most of the players are excited about the winter event the staff has in store. I mention that and I get a lot of conversation through out the battle.
Epic  Post #: 3
11/23/2014 21:35:52   
One Winged Angel1357

I haven't tried using the winter event in conversation, mainly because I hate talking about things I worked on it always strikes me as gloating.

Recently I've been grinding three accounts to level ten for the point of a full tutorial video and in these low levels I've been trying to help players out by hinting they should try upgrading their gear* or do some of the event missions ending in Part 1 to get a lot of credit really quickly. These comments have met me with silence and negativity.

*Most if not all of the players I have met are still using level 1 gear so they are cheating themselves out of stat modifiers \
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
11/24/2014 1:51:18   
Thylek Shran

Some reasons why players are quiet today in PVP:

- Things got boring after some years as most players are pros (playing alts) - Even chat is repetitive now
- They dont like the PVP balance
- They know that chatting will distract them from winning
- They know that they can be reported and banned for foul language

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 5
11/24/2014 3:55:56   
dfo99

quote:

- They know that they can be reported and banned for foul language

this is the main reason that i don't answer anything in game, the socond is the non sense inapropriamente languages, for exemple, if you try say: "i will put a new armor" it is blocked and idk why. the worst is that instead send the text with asterisks like others games with censorship, the text is blocked and you miss the write time or you turn or the match over.
Post #: 6
11/25/2014 13:28:01   
The berserker killer

@THylek- People are rudeeeeeeeeeeeeee
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 7
11/25/2014 14:40:32   
The Jop

I don't know if it's silent; I see a lot of people just saying "hi/hola/hey/hello", saying the level of the person to attack first, telling someone to heal, and a lot of people calling others "noobs" (whether they're winning or losing, and whether it's their partner or opponent).

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
11/26/2014 18:04:58   
doomkiller98

I've been saying it for a couple of months now, Old players talk , new players don't. Makes the game stale and boring, So.... i haven't played in about a month.
Post #: 9
12/2/2014 9:15:48   
Liz Vicious

Hello all. Hope your all well on this run up to Christmas :)
I'm an old Beta player. I might log into the game once every 4-6 months or so out of curiosity.
Sadly, I think you have to except that the silence is reflective of the attitude towards the game as a whole.
They're is a wealth of other things to do on the internet, perhaps you guys ought to simply move onto something else.
For example; I don't repeatedly visit a shop i don't like anymore - but I might visit it occasionally to see if it's improved.
It's credit to a game you once enjoyed that you might visit occasionally, like myself. But, sometimes things just don't work out...
This is starting to sound like some old relationships of mine ;) 'It was good once but it's not working anymore' That's life I'm afraid :) x
Post #: 10
12/2/2014 15:33:51   
ArchPowerdragon

The game is quiet because well, it just that people are so focused in winning or they maybe thats just lvls 20 and below. The only comments I get when battling is just from players saying how they are going to beat him before the match even starts. Usually a match for me doesn't last that long, so there isn't really any point to talking to the other player.

~Arch
Your friendly neighborhood player
My Twitter

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/2/2014 19:06:09   
Inkwolf

I see lots of chat in 2v2, almost none at all in 1v1.

In 2v2 there is time to chat, you take your turn and then three more people play before you do again. Even so, I have occasionally missed a turn when typing, if I am desperately editing typos or freaking out because the chat filter keeps blocking my statement.

In 1v1 I am afraid to even do f4f because I might miss my turn. The only chat I see is by trash talkers, and either they type really fast, or they have a bunch of useful stock phrases to cut and paste, like 'Luuzer noob u die now lol'
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/3/2014 4:58:43   
Gepard Acht

1v1 is usually dead silent. Only the few 'f4f?', 'noob', and 'luck'. My level is just outside of the level 40 1v1 range though so that might matter.

2v2 actually gets pretty rowdy from time to time, if not from both sides talking about ANYTHING, then at least from your partner or yourself talking about strats. Though half of those games are just calling out people's level and 'heal/gen' which I dont count as proper conversations

What I do notice is that most people who talk are either the older players (I sometimes check people's cheevo) or people who just returned playing from X month's/year's. While I won't make assumption's about this game's current state, I do think that the community was more active before I stopped playing, chat's were very frequent and the game has a more lively feeling to it. Now, not so much
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/3/2014 6:59:11   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

For those in Alpha/Beta, were people more talkative in game/battle?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/3/2014 9:50:46   
comicalbike

yes they talked a lot then but now if you talk they get nasty but there are still lots nice players but it would be nice if there was a mute button for the bad ones
Epic  Post #: 15
12/3/2014 10:51:34   
Actual

Oh yeah, it was hard to not find anyone who didn't talk. I mean even if they were calling you a noob it's better than saying "Hey how are you" and getting no response.
AQW Epic  Post #: 16
12/3/2014 17:48:58   
remus190

DigitalX Hello, I play EpicDuel the time they were very entertained many players speaking, the time in which Gamal was the first place I know players like Vix, VegetiX, Gamal and many others, I noticed that at 2-2, partner my not talk to me because he did not speak English or Romanian (my tongue base) usually speak only 2-2 players in my country, very few rest, in Alpha / Beta players talked a lot about how to win faction 1-1, 2-2 faction, do not post a message based factions and come ready to play until the end of the day without talking at all, are frustrated because uni 1-1 players only talk to you after the match and you call 'noob' for losing a match.
My opinion is that old players knew how to have fun, to make friends, to help not only play for victory, new players, new players do not all play for the win, to pull for them not to know how to fun.
In my opinion, no offense, I apologize for my English!
Goodbye!
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> SilentDuel 2014
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition