Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The Unlikely Quest OOC (Applications Currently Closed)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: The Unlikely Quest OOC (Applications Currently Closed)
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/6/2015 8:29:04   
Superemo
Constructive!

The game has been approved, and the first update is up.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 51
1/6/2015 9:43:48   
megakyle777

I have a couple of questions:

Which would be better for my char: a Chain Shirt of hardened leather? I would assume the Chain shirt would give protection while allowing better maneuverability, but the hardened leather costs more. Also, I'm not sure what weapon is best for a Gambler TBH.
DF  Post #: 52
1/6/2015 12:31:53   
liamliam1234liam

How easy would it be for me to steal stuff from here.
DF  Post #: 53
1/6/2015 13:41:24   
Superemo
Constructive!

@megakyle: The Chain Shirt is a medium-weight armor, but it's unlikely to restrict movement. However, since it's just a shirt, it's not going to protect anything other than the area covered by the shirt. Additionally, it's relatively heavy, and it is made of lots of metal rings, making it shiny, noisy, and prone to catching on things when you try to put it on, take it off, or move nearby something that it could catch on (e.g., bushes, trees, etc.). The Hardened Leather armor is full-body armor that's quite a bit tougher than the standard Leather armor, at the cost of being more restrictive of your movements and slightly heavier. As for the weapon, I'd suggest the Brawling Dagger (which is essentially a cross between brass knuckles and a dagger [and no, it's not a knuckleduster. Knuckledusters are knives, which are used for slashing. This is a dagger, used for stabbing]).

@liam: The stuff would be easy to steal, but you would get caught rather quickly, especially since you have virtually nothing in the way of storage. Additionally, the armory isn't very well organized, so it would take anyone but the Armory Guard a while to find anything specific.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 54
1/6/2015 13:49:02   
megakyle777

How restrictive are we talking for the leather armor? Because I'm leaning more to that.
DF  Post #: 55
1/6/2015 14:31:52   
Superemo
Constructive!

^: Picture a rather snugly fitted leather jacket, but a bit thicker and all over. That's as close of an approximation that I can think of for the movement restriction. As for Hardened Leather, think thicker, and it weighs a bit more.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 56
1/6/2015 17:08:41   
Heroic Necro

What is the sort of range on Transmutation, and can I set it on a delay? Like, could I shove a spell into a chair, leave, and a few seconds later the chair becomes a stool?

And do they have anything raw? Like could I get a better price if I wanted just straight up steel or iron if I got it as ingots?

< Message edited by Heroic Necro -- 1/6/2015 17:12:31 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 57
1/6/2015 20:58:40   
deathlord45

What do you mean when you say half plate armor? It just half a suit of plate mail? Or is just metal plates sown into leather armor?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 58
1/6/2015 21:12:03   
Superemo
Constructive!

@HN: Delaying the effects of a spell isn't something you are capable of at the moment. As for raw materials, it's an armory, so it's stocked with finished weapons and armor, not the materials to make them.

@DL: Half Plate is like the plate armor equivalent to a chain shirt, with the addition of gauntlets, a gorget, and a helmet.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
1/6/2015 21:34:51   
Heroic Necro

What about a discount bin of broken or otherwise badly made items?

And the range? How far away can I be?

< Message edited by Heroic Necro -- 1/6/2015 21:40:50 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 60
1/6/2015 22:00:40   
Disc Lorde

Let me see if I understand 0 Craftiness correctly. I think it means that I can't puzzle my way out of a paper bag, the simplest math and logic problems make my brain hurt, I have no sense of tactics, and I'm basically incapable of inventing new ways of doing anything. Is that about right?

Also, it is alright to assume that I grew up speaking some variant of Common?
AQ  Post #: 61
1/7/2015 0:48:24   
DA Holder67

As a dwarf, can I handle the heavy crossbows efficiently or will they be massive and awkward? Also, how do the repeating crossbows operate?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 62
1/7/2015 9:11:52   
Superemo
Constructive!

@DL: Craftiness doesn't affect your strategic thinking or your ability to solve puzzles. It does affect your ability to pull off an irregular strategy (shooting someone in the foot to pin them in place [which would also be affected by Wisdom, due to it involving use of a ranged weapon], disarming an enemy and/or taking their weapon, etc.), as well as your ability to use the environment to your advantage in combat, but it won't hurt your ability to think.

@DA: Heavy Crossbows have a higher draw weight than standard crossbows, resulting in the bolt flying further and faster. As a Ranger, you'd be able to wield it with no problem, especially since the Royal Army has crossbows made for Dwarves as well. As for Repeating Crossbows, the magazine is loaded into the top of the crossbow. In order to ready it, you pull back the draw lever, which locks in place and drops a bolt into position. In order to fire the crossbow, you pull the trigger, which unlocks the draw lever and launches the bolt. And yes, repeating crossbows are a real weapon. They trace their origins back to China.

@HN: It's an armory for both the Royal Army and the palace guards. They don't keep damaged items here, and they don't stock poorly made items. As for range, it works on an exponential scale. Theoretically, there's no maximum range, but it gets more difficult to transmute things the further away they are.

< Message edited by Superemo -- 1/7/2015 9:20:50 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 63
1/7/2015 18:23:10   
Heroic Necro

Last set of questions. What's the enchantment on the robes, and would I be any good with a light crossbow at all?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 64
1/7/2015 20:02:35   
Superemo
Constructive!

^: The enchantment on the robes is damage resistance, including magical damage. It's not very much damage resistance, but it's the only piece they stock that has any resistance to magic. Additionally, since they're robes, they count as clothing instead of armor, meaning they have no chance of restricting your movement, and since it's a magical effect, it doesn't matter where you were hit for the purposes of figuring out the damage resistance.
As for the crossbow question, since you're a wizard, you aren't trained in the use of crossbows, meaning you wouldn't be any good with one.

< Message edited by Superemo -- 1/7/2015 20:05:48 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 65
1/7/2015 21:10:40   
DA Holder67

My stats on the main post are wrong btw, they look like this with the race bonuses factored in:

-Power: 7
-Craftiness: 8
-Magical Ability: 2
-Wisdom: 10
-Spirituality: 1
-Charisma: 9
-Luck: 6
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 66
1/8/2015 2:59:07   
Disc Lorde

Does the sling get bonuses from Power and which of the Melee weapons would I be able to wield in one hand?
AQ  Post #: 67
1/8/2015 11:22:35   
Superemo
Constructive!

@DL: Slings would not get a bonus from Power, due to the force behind a sling coming from centripetal force (you load whatever you're going to fling, spin it around until it's spinning as fast as possible, then release one end of the sling, sending the projectile flying at your target [assuming you timed it properly and your aim is decent]). One handed melee weapons available are the Dagger, the Brawling Dagger, the Short Sword, and the Long Sword. If you're a Warrior, you can wield the Hand and a Half Sword with one hand.

@DA: Sorry. I'll get that changed before the next update.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 68
1/8/2015 18:45:18   
Disc Lorde

I edited my post a bit, now that I know what craftiness does.
AQ  Post #: 69
1/10/2015 17:58:27   
Superemo
Constructive!

DA's stats have been updated, as have a few other things in the first post. Felt like giving some more information on a few relevant details.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
1/10/2015 21:37:01   
deathlord45

Huh. I forgot to put in my Bio bonus point. Can I still do that? If I can I'll put in the Craftiness Stat. Making my stats

-Power: 10
-Craftiness: 7
-Magical Ability: 1
-Wisdom: 8
-Spirituality: 6
-Charisma: 6
-Luck: 5

If I can't then it's also not a problem.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 71
1/11/2015 22:21:00   
DA Holder67

Does my ability with ranged weaponry extend to siege weapons?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 72
1/12/2015 7:47:08   
Superemo
Constructive!

@DL: I gave HN and Liam restrictions to getting their bios in for the point, so, to be more fair (since you submitted your app longer ago and had more time to get your Bio point added than they did) I'm not going to allow the point to be added. I'll allow it if someone makes a convincing argument, or if HN and Liam both say you should have your bio point added.

@DA: If it were possible for one to wield a siege weapon, it would. The operation of siege weapons is typically a team effort, though, meaning that most stats wouldn't be applicable.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 73
1/12/2015 19:20:41   
Heroic Necro

I don't care personally. Especially since last time you did stats you threw them out immediately and admitted it was just a ploy to keep certain players out
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 74
1/12/2015 19:40:09   
Disc Lorde

@superemo: HN and Liam's restrictions were on getting the bios added, not adding the point to their stats, so is it really the same thing for the purposes of fairness?
AQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> RE: The Unlikely Quest OOC (Applications Currently Closed)
Page 3 of 5<12345>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition