Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Deadmen OOC - Open for applications

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Deadmen OOC - Open for applications
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
11/28/2014 18:46:19   
DA Holder67

Thread

AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
11/28/2014 21:12:55   
liamliam1234liam

Interested, will apply later.
DF  Post #: 2
11/30/2014 21:32:14   
kkutwar

Since humans and elves are supposedly descended from orcs, does that mean all three races can interbreed? I'm also going to guess the varied hair and eye colors might be because of leftovers from the Old World. Besides that, since even (temporary) complete immortality can be alchemized is there any limit on what can be done with potions (given the right materials of course)? In addition, since potions have been invented does that mean Player Alchemists can request to develop new potions?

Though, regarding the potential of potions: Does that include altering or creating life? Like could you have a pregnant woman ingest a potion specifically to ensure she, say, has a son or twins for example? Could you also use potions to animate the dead or cause new life to physically form from another (like splashing a potion on gathered animal remains to twist it into a human baby)? In addition, could one temporary bring golems to life?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
11/30/2014 23:24:38   
DA Holder67

The three races can technially interbreed, but its a really huge taboo and very rare. Alchemy can potentiay do anything, but gets complicated fast and is still a relatively young art. Life cannot be created or altered yet. Golems exist, but require a pretty complex and expensive ritual, and must be controlled telepathically by their creator. Player alchemists could potentially invent new potions, but it would require a lot of research and fancy lab equipment.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 4
12/1/2014 10:12:26   
kkutwar

Would inventing life potions or simplified golems be something PC Alchemists are completely banned from doing? In addition to that, what exactly do you mean by research? Like "Hmm, I want to do *** so I just need to randomly make it right!" or "To manipulate ***, I need to understand how it works and then calculate the amount of power I would need to have this potion actively defy reality correctly"?

Could you explain more about Golems? Are they all mindless brutes, or are some (since the ritual is complex anyways) very complex themselves? Are they basically treated as the magical equivalent of robots for this? Would it be possible for a king or other insanely rich/powerful person to commission the creation of a Golem otherwise indistinguishable from humans to hide amongst their natural guards?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/1/2014 23:13:46   
DA Holder67

Inventing new potions is going to require a full lab complete with staff, unless you experiment with an ingredient that hasn't been explored much. So inventing complicated stuff like creating life isn't going to happen for a long time. I'll figure out how I want to handle that when we come to it. Golems are basically robots. A whole skeleton has to be built and then covered. After that, it is anointed with oil while a special powder is burned. After a specific amount of time, another potion containing bits of the golem and blood from the creator is brewed. This potion is then thrown on the golem and drank by the creator at the same time, forming a link. From then on the golem follows orders given to it telepathically. You could technically make a golem out of human materials, but it would be easy to recognize as a golem and not that great at combat compared to say, an iron golem.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 6
12/11/2014 20:05:57   
liamliam1234liam

Name: Cyrus Dicarp
Race: Elf
Class: Skald
Biography: Later.
DF  Post #: 7
12/12/2014 0:06:02   
Superemo
Constructive!

Name Oriana
Race: Elf
Class: Assassin
Biography:
"Why do you need to know who I am? I'm not even sure if I know the answer to that myself sometimes. I'll try my best to give you what you want, though.
"I was born up north in Wendalkas. One of the smaller towns, near the border, so I'm not sure it exists anymore, what with the chaos up there. I left when I was young, though. Never liked it much there, and I didn't have anyone keeping me there, so it was a rather simple choice for me.
"I ended up living in a city, further away from the border. Unfortunately, relying on the charity of others isn't really a reliable strategy for long-term survival, so I ended up having to do... things for people. No, not like that. Just general work: delivering groceries, picking up mail... stuff people could trust a child to do. Eventually, I learned that nobody would suspect the little girl who delivered their groceries was slipping extra coins from their purse, or that people who delivered mail had a free pass to go pretty much anywhere without drawing much attention.
"So, I used that skill, along with a few others I had picked up (picking locks is relatively easy to learn, especially when one of the people you run errands for is a locksmith who's especially proud of his work, and attempts detailed conversations about locksmithing every time you visit), to take up a few more lucrative jobs... Mostly, taking things with no practical value, and selling it to someone who would sell it people. On my second and last job as a thief, though, I almost got caught. I say 'Almost' only because he didn't tell anyone. Kind of hard to do that with two holes in your throat.
"So, since I apparently had a knack for that sort of thing, I took up killing for money. I only had one job, and he ended up getting away. He left with a bunch of refugees. I don't like leaving a job unfinished, though, and Wendelkas is kind of turning into a pit, so I followed suit, and left. And now I'm here, being asked who I am."
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 8
12/13/2014 16:12:36   
DA Holder67

Superemo: Accepted.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> Out of Context >> Forum Games >> Forum Games OOC >> Deadmen OOC - Open for applications
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition