Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: The new core: Whiteout

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The new core: Whiteout
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/2/2014 13:40:47   
Cyber Dream

Exactly, and the luck factor is one thing everyone hates.
AQW Epic  Post #: 26
12/2/2014 14:51:02   
Ranloth
Banned

Let's say it lasts three turns. In 2v2, it will last significantly longer (time wise, because 4 people), and you're likely to forget what's where if your EP was drained, or you were forced to Strike, or just multi-tasking. It's one core that literally tests your skills, and yours alone. The effect seems niche, but duration may "balance" it out, making it pretty good for a smart player.

A core that requires skill to use, doesn't need any bonuses to make it easy to (ab)use for everyone. Quite ironic how a strategical core, that isn't even luck based but testing players' skills, ends up being "bad", before it's even been released. So much for wanting strategy and less luck, and then saying the opposite.
AQ Epic  Post #: 27
12/2/2014 15:07:17   
The berserker killer

The core does seem a bit pointless. I'm just gonna have a ss of my skills open in paint. Maybe it should've been called "Blizzy" and switched up the moves while halving the amount of time you have to make a move. Or maybe it should've just put all your skills on cooldown and call it "frozen". Either one would've been more strategical
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 28
12/2/2014 18:31:53   
Goony
Constructive!

Just my opinion on this, but there are only 8 core slots available to each player... 4 active and 4 passive (disregarding the 2 fixed robot cores)

The thing with whiteout is it will probably be an active core (unless it is a chance to activate like the frostbite core) and using it will consume energy. The player will have to sacrifice a damage core to create confusion... I know what I'd rather have ;)

This will just add variety to the cores available and I doubt that it will be a major game breaker especially when there are around 8 new cores being released.
Epic  Post #: 29
12/3/2014 19:01:24   
Cyber Dream

@Trans
quote:

Quite ironic how a strategical core, that isn't even luck based but testing players' skills, ends up being "bad", before it's even been released. So much for wanting strategy and less luck, and then saying the opposite.

Have you tested the core yet?(I don't mean that in a smart way) I'm assuming that the core only hides your skills hoping that it will be changed upon release because all you have to do to counter this core thus making it pointless is to take a screenshot of your skills and this core really does seem like a luck core either way you put it. If it just hides your skills then you will have to guess, if you rearranges your skill and hide them then you will still have to guess. Either way it's luck, not skill. Now let's say this, what if a player has all of skills memorized and the core is used on him? Then what's the point of the core? Maybe i'm missing something. Trans your example can still be justified as being luck. Does anyone else have an example that can explain how this is a core that requires skill?
AQW Epic  Post #: 30
12/3/2014 20:19:31   
Mother1

@ cyber dream

That is the point of the core. So it will be effective against some players where it is strategic, but not so game breaking where it is forcing everyone to hope and get lucky due to there being no counters. In this case memory and/or a screen shot of your skills is a good counter and for those who don't have such good memory they are the ones who fall into this core's trap.

Epic  Post #: 31
12/4/2014 1:00:24   
King Bling

There is no strategy in this core Mother1, you are acting totally absurd, this core will have no use until we have it the right way, either randomize the skills and hide or we have to rub then screen like that to find out the skill and then use or its completely useless, you are saying its OP while it is not, there are counters, just strike or gun or aux or gen , that is the counter, like "you" said counter kartherax by just gun or aux or gen or heal, so yes it should be randomized your talk has no weigh.
Post #: 32
12/4/2014 1:53:06   
Mother1

@ King Bling

You didn't look at the screen shot well of the core. Cause if you look at the screen you would would have noticed that your aux and your gun are also whited out along with the cores be they passive or active.

Take a look at the core screen shot in the design notes then please tell me how can I use my aux or my gun when they are also whited out?
Epic  Post #: 33
12/4/2014 2:15:38   
The Jop

@King Bling
Yeah, from the screenshot only the primary weapon is visible. Again, in your situation at least you know what you're doing even if your main weapon has been nerfed, and can win through strategy. If everything but your primary is whited out and randomized, then it's fairly luck based. It's not a good idea.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 12/4/2014 2:17:01 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
12/4/2014 2:22:27   
Goony
Constructive!

Maybe it would work better if the whiteout core just stopped skills from being used for X amount of turns... You can still use strike, gun, aux and robots (including associated cores), but not anything from the skill tree??? IDK, just tossing ideas around :)
Epic  Post #: 35
12/4/2014 6:01:55   
Gepard Acht

@King Bling

I wouldn't say that it's the same as Kartherax as it completely negates everything besides strike. All Kartherax does is nerf strike and it's related skill (Bludgeon, Double strike), you can still use your entire skill tree, cores and even your other weapons. It doesnt even nerf strength directly so your gun and skills that improve with them (Fireball, Assimilation) works just as fine, on the other hand Whiteout makes you not do ANYTHING for a period of time which means that in that duration you can't even heal, mana drain/gain leaving you defenseless.

@Goony
I believe that locking the skill tree for a duration will be fine, though 2 should really be the max, any longer would be rather insane especially if combined with something like Azrael's Will.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 36
12/4/2014 11:34:09   
King Bling

I knew you guys would raise that question, to which I mention earlier many a times, just randomizing/swapping "skills".
Post #: 37
12/4/2014 15:29:10   
Mother1

@ king bling

I read your previous post to none of which mentioned leaving your weapons visible. It was Soul Prisnor who said at least leave those visible.

But then again this core could end up like Dead battery did and not even come into play because I do remember the staff mentioning the dead battery core in the past but at the last minute couldn't get it to work the way they thought it should.
Epic  Post #: 38
12/4/2014 15:33:04   
Ranloth
Banned

^ The core works, though. It was even tweeted by Titan to showcase it. Dead Battery literally wasn't working, due to coding complications.
AQ Epic  Post #: 39
12/4/2014 21:46:01   
King Bling

quote:

Edit: I meant , only skill swapping / randomizing , not the strike button or the gen or aux or gun , only the down row where the skills are located, only that should be randomized not the upper row where you have gun aux gen.

quote:

either randomize the skills

I think I mentioned.
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: The new core: Whiteout
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition