Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

true colors

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> true colors
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2014 9:35:05   
ambien

seeing the players on ed running in the 600----900 players now seems like ed has taken a step ahead, but really not. players on line are not really battling all they want is free gifts.

when players that are gifting or are thinking of gifting we see 2 things or maybe 3.

1. lagg is really bad because players are having bikes on flying around. when told to take them off they get mad.

2. players begging for gifts and if no ones gifts they get mad. the ( f2p ) players. lets face it gifting is not cheap.

3. trying to jump to worlds where players are gifting well wow takes some time to get their if your are a gift bagger.

ok maybe some time out of the kindness of eds heart maybe a a free gift to players like 10k varium they could drop once an awhile in free gifting from the deves, just some thing to think about.

how about once p2p players just go to a house an gift to their p2p players once an see how mad the f2p players get once. maybe it would stop the bagging which is really gets ugly in the game rooms when players are gifting,

any way my thoughts on this

always the syfy
Post #: 1
12/8/2014 11:03:05   
zion

Wonder what will happen to EpicLagBegGifting Duel when the new Varium packages arrive....
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/8/2014 11:35:48   
Exodasbr

I thought the release is quite good, sure there is begging; but even Christmas in real life involves begging and is so commercialized imo. There are always faults in anything but at least more people are online, even though it is temporary.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/8/2014 11:37:27   
One Winged Angel1357

I will be one to say we have a lot of people online for the wrong reasons but this many people coupled with the removal of the matching system has really reduced match making times when people aren't gifting
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/8/2014 11:42:08   
Mother1

I had to go to exile server when it was open last weekend to actually finish the mission chain.

but as for the gifting system it is a win win for both sides. The people who are spending money are competing for that alpha gear, and the F2P are gathering for the free gifts. This helps the P2P players who are trying to get that gear.

However, there is another reason why some people are just waiting for gifts instead of just battling. However I won't say what it is and I believe you already know.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 12/8/2014 11:44:31 >
Epic  Post #: 5
12/8/2014 12:24:36   
SouL Prisoner

Involving f2p into gifting could have solved the begging problem, but instead they made it varium only. How it could have solved you ask???

If gifting required something called "XGems" (X = Xmass) And XGems can only be bought by varium or as a drop from 1v1, 2v2 or Jugg. This way all players would have earned the right to gift and right to receive! :)

< Message edited by SOuL Prisnor -- 12/8/2014 12:26:34 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/8/2014 12:26:22   
One Winged Angel1357

There is the slight people that the gifting system is economy breaking.

So the less people we have giving gifts the better it is on the in-game economy
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/8/2014 12:40:14   
zion

The gifts have been slowing a bit but they will really pick up when the new packages come out... and it is totally breaking the in-game economy... those new cores better be special because everyone has all the credits they need. How about lower credit amounts or a greater variation ie can be 50 credits?

< Message edited by zion -- 12/8/2014 12:43:45 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/8/2014 12:54:25   
DOOMdeath

quote:

The people who are spending money are competing for that alpha gear

Let's face it, we all know who will get this gear

On topic: This begging is insane, something should be done about it.....
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/8/2014 14:02:33   
beaststyles

I posted a suggestion in another topic, thought it was relevant here so here it is:

I think the gifting system could have worked a little better so as to not severely interfere with the main purpose of the game (i.e. pvp). If it is at all possible to I would like to make a humble suggestion. Instead of limiting gifts to players on the same screen; If players were able to gift everyone in the same part of the map or world whether or not they are in battle, it may have been healthier for the game. In this way both the lag issues and players hording gift screens instead of battling could have been solved. This would also widen the player base receiving gifts to those who are less aware of where gifts are being given out and also those whose hardware does not support current meeting places. (the rating points per player gifted can be altered accordingly). One more suggestion that comes to mind is the fact that whether you gift 3 players or 300 players, the cost is the same. This seems quite unbalanced and it would be fairer on those spending their varium to gift others if the cost reflect the numbers gifted. This would also decrease hording of a particular location and make the even much more widespread (new players who are not aware of where to go may also be gifted).

Beast.
Post #: 10
12/8/2014 22:42:32   
doomkiller98

You might have to think for once, buuut this whole gifting thing is helping the games economy, growing a bigger play base for the long run, And its christmas time. Stop complaining. (unless its balance, then you can complain all you want)

~Doom
Post #: 11
12/8/2014 22:55:41   
Mother1

@ doomkiller98

When the event ends it won't be. Players will have huge amounts of credits which would mean the staff would have to do the one thing people hated more than bad balance and that is inflate prices of credit goods.
Epic  Post #: 12
12/8/2014 23:20:58   
The berserker killer

This is the smartest suggestion ive heard regarding this topic

quote:

If gifting required something called "XGems" (X = Xmass) And XGems can only be bought by varium or as a drop from 1v1, 2v2 or Jugg. This way all players would have earned the right to gift and right to receive! :)
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
12/8/2014 23:38:27   
Gepard Acht

Yes, that could be so much better. It can also be bought with vars for those that want it. Sorta like war bombs
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
12/9/2014 8:55:08   
Inkwolf

quote:

Players will have huge amounts of credits...

Just saying, EVERY character in the game isn't lurking in the gift zone for hours and getting buried in presents.

All ED needs to do is put out an upscale shop with a some cool, super-expensive status-symbol items, and economic balance will be restored.

I also wish there was a non-varium way to do a little gifting, since I don't have any spare cash at the moment, and it would be nice to give a few. It could be a rare enough drop item that free gifters would be no threat to the varium buyers competing for the prizes.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/9/2014 10:11:16   
doomkiller98

You guys didn't think too hard.

What is all the f2ps gonna do with all the credits? Spend them all in about 20 minutes. You watch. It will be the best thing that has happened to the game in a while, so please stop complaining that people are actually gonna have a chance to win against loaded characters. Most f2ps will spend the money on class changes and accessories (house items, bikes, helmets, etc).

If there money isn't gone in 20 minutes it'll be a few 2 weeks when the new cores and releases start coming out! And yes this is better for the long run, most people quit this game because they get stuck economically, this will fix that issue quite a bit.

Thats just my opinion on it.
Post #: 16
12/9/2014 11:00:07   
Dual Thrusters

@doomkiller

Yeah, I've already heard players recklessly throwing their credits away.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/9/2014 12:13:55   
ambien

when you gifted an dropped 25 gifts in the room an when you stop the players not all start saying more an most are the f2p players. that it gets old. if it was not for us pay players there would be no gifts being dropped. like said in the post the f2p players are saying wow now l can get a limo, a staff, bot,etc etc.

they do not get it the new cores are coming out, new items, bots which cost either varium or credits. be thankful that their us p2p players out their to gift to all the f2p players or they would not have any credits to spend. and doom are you a f2p player if your are then think what you said here ( Date 12/8/2014 22:42:32
You might have to think for once, buuut this whole gifting thing is helping the games economy, growing a bigger play base for the long run, And its christmas time. Stop complaining. (unless its balance, then you can complain all you want). and if you are a f2p player you like the free gifts right!!!! for the free credits which cost you nothing to get, but your time

l think gifting is great but like l said most of the players are f2p players an they always want more free things. when it hits home the credits they wasted on cars, bikes, staffs etc, etc they will be the 1st ones to cry about balance in the cost of new cores, an the new items an or even bots.

like posted here maybe like berserker said

like l said l do not mind gifting it is the other side of the coin l do not like

my thoughts on this

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 12/9/2014 12:17:50 >
Post #: 18
12/9/2014 13:46:57   
SouL Prisoner

Did anyone notice the new update?? I think it's perfect. Very smartly thought out. Only able to see player info and that really reduces the lag!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/9/2014 15:39:26   
  Kokujoe

^Aye, and its such a relief now I can actually goto Edgar and continue with the mission chain. Thanks Titan!

P.S.: Also "Hatchling Rush" issue got sorted out it seems. Phew!

~Kokujoe ^____^v
Post #: 20
12/9/2014 16:34:31   
Mother1

Lol Nemosis and joe are duking it out in world 6.
Epic  Post #: 21
12/9/2014 16:50:11   
The berserker killer

This "No-Lag" update is probably the best update in a long time.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
12/10/2014 16:19:46   
doomkiller98

Syfy I am not a f2p. :) I used to be, which is why I said what I said, I understand the pain of f2ps.

~Doom
Post #: 23
12/11/2014 4:30:36   
Thylek Shran

quote:

There is the slight people that the gifting system is economy breaking.

Yep. Even that gifts are nice to reveive they are a curse to all the players that farmed
hard for credits and Arcade Tokens by doing the daily missions. As all players compete
for experience, influence, credits and in the sum for power and fame the gifts are a
slap into the face to all farmers and hardcore players that did spent so much time to be
more powerfull and special than players that didnt investest that much time. Now every
noob can get rich by just hanging around all the day at Edgar Boothe in world 6 or 7.
Credits and Arcade Tokens received a big devaluation by the gifts and players who
dont hang out for gifts reveive a disadvantage as everything has to be seen relative.

As example there are players that did earned 200-365 Arcade Tokens in a year by
doing the daily mission chains which can be done in 1-2 hours. Now its possible to get
this amount of Arcade Tokens from gifts in just a week.

Atm its alot more rewarding but not very satisfying to hang out for gifts than to duel
or doing the daily missions. I hope for serious changes to the gift system. It would be
better if the gifts would get shared randomly to a fixed ammount (100) of characters
(who are online) on the servers to prevent disadvantages and prevent focusing the
game on gifts.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 12/11/2014 23:45:49 >

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 24
12/11/2014 7:57:29   
SouL Prisoner

^ that's all true and stuff, but who likes to say no to gifts???? :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> true colors
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition