Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Intimidated

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Intimidated
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/8/2014 18:04:31   
The berserker killer

I gotta admit, whenever i enter a match and see someone wearing the Banana Suit armor with Celtic Cleaver... I automatically think "I lost". That just looks so intimidating to me because of how past EPIC players used to equip that combo and pwn everyone.

What armor/weapon do you get intimidated the most by?

Moved to ED GD ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 12/8/2014 18:14:33 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
12/8/2014 18:06:34   
  Exploding Penguin

None at the moment. I used to have a huge aversion to hatchling rush but it fell out of style so it isn't much of a problem anymore.

It's very refreshing to see people with founder armor and beta/alpha equips though. What really makes me sad is all the level 40s who are commanders and think they're more skilled or know more than the level 37 emperors.
Epic  Post #: 2
12/8/2014 18:08:57   
The berserker killer

true that, the abyss set was really intimidating and i love seeing the Founders with their armors on. It's like refreshing to know that theyre still playing and supportng the game

....Edit: This was supposed to be in General Discussion...Awkward. Sorry ArchKnights!

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 12/8/2014 18:10:05 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
12/8/2014 18:27:49   
Zeruphantom

Nothing at the moment really intimidates me per say, since the majority of items are the same (Kartherax Bot is a pain though) however anyone with the Azrael gun and auxiliary in early Omega was a scary opponent to face.

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/8/2014 18:38:01   
Variation

No items intimidate me in PvP. I guess that's what happens when it's a rare occurrence for you to lose.

When I'm in 2v2 I do see a lot of players intimidated sometimes by the opponents' gear. That's probably because some of the gear is generally classified as strong by most players.

@Exploding Penguin:
Some of those level 40 Commanders have much more win experience than 10,000 and even 25,000 if they've used other accounts in the past (more accounts = more wins for most people, I have 39,735 on my main and past mains combined, and probably an approximately 50,000+ if I combined the wins with all of my alts). So actually it isn't impossible for someone with a lower PvP rank than you to have more PvP experience than you.
Post #: 5
12/8/2014 18:43:12   
Gepard Acht

I used to be really intimidated by Imperial acp +Frostbane. The sword alone probably has more stats than my entire equipment stats in beta lol.

Now the closest thing I can think of is probably the azrael gun, its like a guranteed stun.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/8/2014 18:47:14   
The Jop

Players with a lot of health, around 1,500. Not only is it more of a pain to beat them than most players, they have a good chance of winning if they get lucky and don't really get any blocks/deflects despite their low dex/tech.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 12/9/2014 0:49:59 >

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/8/2014 18:50:34   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

What armor/weapon do you get intimidated the most by?

Platinum's Pride of course. Nothing like a strength build having an unblockable strike that can also follow up with rage.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/8/2014 18:53:53   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Stat spammers are the only ones who intimidate me. I know I'm not going to cope well with mass amounts of damage, then having to heal and get blasted verbally for surviving.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/8/2014 18:55:24   
Zeruphantom

quote:

then having to heal and get blasted verbally for surviving.

Epic Duel PvP in a nutshell.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
12/8/2014 18:56:07   
Mother1

@ Digital x

wouldn't that be just about all builds at the higher levels? I am not sure about you but every time I play against someone I always see at least one or two stats being spammed higher than the others.
Epic  Post #: 11
12/8/2014 20:32:57   
The berserker killer

I hear you there digital X lol. I forgot about some of the other items you guys mention lke Platinums Pride (sheesh, talk about taking a chance fighting a str build), and frostbane.

Even certain builds intimidate me, like the 1500 build mentioned above ^.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
12/8/2014 21:38:10   
Daph Duck

Old Scimitar, I've never met a single bad player that uses that weapon and whenever I see it I usually just don't bother trying to win because I know they'll cripple me to the ground.
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/8/2014 21:53:00   
The berserker killer

And the Slugger ( i think thats what its called). Whenever mercs use it... i immediately know im in for trouble.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
12/9/2014 7:11:50   
Exodasbr

Cardboard armor (don't know why) and pyro fly.
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/9/2014 7:27:24   
  Kokujoe

Currently speaking, it has to be Black Abyss Gear for obvious reasons.

~Kokujoe \(>____<*\)
Post #: 16
12/9/2014 9:27:42   
greederman

Those players with ugly face style.
Post #: 17
12/9/2014 9:42:37   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Mother1, yeah it's the majority from what I've seen. Focus builds I can deal with, but when you have near 150 odd in str, supp etc it's just manic.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/18/2014 9:49:22   
Lord Machaar

I gotta say, back in my days, where non-varium players stood no chance against varium players:
The 100% win combo was: Founder Armor, BunnyZooka.

Those were like constant ultra weapons, then wrist blades and side arms were variable.

And everytime I see that combo of weapons, I know it's a strenght build.
MQ Epic  Post #: 19
12/18/2014 11:37:32   
Remorse

For me it's the Celtic maul (forgot the name).

Back in the day when people put everything into STR as a Merc and tried to Maul stun then bezerk someone. Effectively killing anyone under 100 hp (1000 in the new formula) before they have a turn.

Though the feeling was less intimidated and more, pissed off.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/18/2014 11:38:09 >
Epic  Post #: 20
12/18/2014 12:04:28   
One Winged Angel1357

Stun zerker was terrifying and really upsetting in the worst kind of way.

For people who want to imagine it just be low level and face a dex mages. There are some dex mage setups that work exactly the same as stun zerker
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 21
12/18/2014 13:01:26   
Remorse

^ Exactly

Which might I add is broken due to lack of counter play.

Serves them right for needlessly changing plasma rain from tech scaling to dex.

Epic  Post #: 22
12/20/2014 19:59:23   
BBA322

2011 when Bunker Buster & Artillery Strike Mercs. ran rampant was when I last felt intimidated. Nothing like getting slammed by a double crit. bunker buster off the bat and then having it rain artillery to follow up, as well as having the aux. do quite a bit of damage itself... All that support... Coming back a few days ago since stopping in February 2013... things have changed a lot so I'm still deciding what gets to me haha. Probably these level 40 Juggers I keep coming across in 2v2.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
12/20/2014 20:26:35   
king altoen

focus BH with the old Shadow arts. (the one that blocks, deflects, and I think adds chance to stun). + smoke screen, dare autoattack.
Epic  Post #: 24
12/26/2014 4:44:28   
akiratoriyama

Back then (2013ish), anyone with the Azrael Gun.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Intimidated
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition