Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Stat boosts from hair styles

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stat boosts from hair styles
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/9/2014 20:51:36   
My Name is Jake
Banned

I suggest we pay 500 varium to get 50 HP, 50 Energy and a 10 strength, dexterity, technology and support boost from 1 hair style.

You will be able do this for every single hair style, pay 500 varium and receive 50 HP and 50 Energy and 10 strength/dexterity/technology/support.

What are your thoughts about this?
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/9/2014 20:57:31   
Zeruphantom

I quite like this proposal, however there would have to be some sort of differentiation between starter hairstyles and varium hairstyles in terms of stat capabilities. It would not be fair if a, say, Level 40 with a non-varium hairstyle still got the same boosts as a Level 40 with a varium style. Of course, players with varium hairstyles in the first place would get a virtual upperhand because, as we all know, anything bought with varium is potentially going to be better, therefore I suggest that varium hairstyles receive some drawbacks. I can already foresee the reaction from the minority of players with non-varium hairstyles.

< Message edited by Zeruphantom -- 12/9/2014 20:59:30 >

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/9/2014 21:00:06   
The berserker killer

I really like this....What if we made Hairstyles the same way weapons used to be? They can give their own different stats.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
12/10/2014 3:52:59   
Ranloth
Banned

Bikes and hairstyles are meant to be aesthetic features, not something that affects PvP. The last thing we want is to widen the F2P and P2W gap again, as well as force players to spend more Credits / Varium just to be able to compete - and no, the recent Credit influx is not the solution, since it's a temporary event and will be changed drastically, if we ever redo it.
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
12/10/2014 10:41:49   
Frost Moglin

I disagree. This would just widen the gap between varium and non-varium players, which nobody likes.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 5
12/13/2014 16:44:17   
Stonehawk

quote:

What if we made Hairstyles the same way weapons used to be? They can give their own different stats.

This is quite interesting! Here's an example on how I think this could be, followed by the explanation (not sure this would make sense, but here we go):

Winged head (credits): +6 dex, -4 str (+2 overall stats)
Nightwraith's head (varium): -5 str, +7 dex, +7 tech, -5 supp (+4 overall stats)
Witch's hat (credits): -2 str, -10 dex, +10 tech, -50 health +100 energy (+2 overall stats)
Eye head (credits): +6 tech, -100 health, +50 energy (+2 overall stats)
TITAN's demonic head (varium) +10 str, -4 dex, -4 tech, -6 supp, +150 health, -50 energy (+4 overall stats)

What changes with this new feature:

1- Credits hairstyles give +2 total stats and varium +4 total stats, which is not a big advantage. (just an example, the numbers could be lower or higher, but the advantage to the varium hairstyles can't overcome the non-varium ones)

2- Increases builds possibilities and flexibility
Examples:

- A 5 focus build with MAXED TECH (all stats 45 and 101 tech) with the Witch's hat can have higher MAX tech, but there are health and dex penalties.
- A strength build with TITAN's demonic head can have strength and health bonus, at the cost of other stats.
(the stats can be compensated depending on how you retrain, and you get a little bonus for every hairstyle you buy)

3- Initial hairstyles have no bonuses. (or very little changes)

4- All hairstyles have their own stats bonuses and penalties, you just have to buy the one that suits you better for your appearance and your build!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/15/2014 19:13:13   
beaststyles

How does a hair style make one healthier or stronger¿

And the pay2win again? No thank you.

Sry for being so blunt :s

< Message edited by beaststyles -- 12/15/2014 19:15:32 >
Post #: 7
12/19/2014 15:12:25   
Stonehawk

quote:

And the pay2win again? No thank you.

You can't win without an enhanced weapon, you will have to pay to make it stronger.

quote:

How does a hair style make one healthier or stronger¿

And how does a Helm NOT make your defenses better?

Pay attention to my suggestion: A wizard hat increases technology and energy but decreases strength, it happens because you look more like a wizard, for example.
AND I suggested only 2 stats difference for varium hairstyles which wouldn't give such a big advantage, but it could work the same way for everyone. This would just improve variety and makes hairstyles useful somehow, since most of this game is only looks and people enjoy new battle features.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Stat boosts from hair styles
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition