Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New Primary: Promo

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> New Primary: Promo
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/13/2014 15:29:41   
The berserker killer

The core on this weapon is blockable and it definitely shuldnt be that way. Sure, it might be stronger than hawk guardian but people use this core for the same reason they use hawk guardian. For guaranteed damage and a Last Stand
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
12/13/2014 16:45:03   
Xendran

It's a sidegrade. You can either get guaranteed last stand damage, or you can get non-guaranteed damage but with leech.
If you want the reliability, you have to give something up for it. That's exactly how cores should work.

It's also much harder to imbalance these cores compared to each other than other cores, because increasing the power of the blockable one even further also increases the loss incurred when it IS blocked. This is how you achieve what is known as perfect imbalance, where numberical values might not be theorietically balanced perfectly but the end result feels like a truly impactful decision and you don't feel gimped either way.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 12/13/2014 18:12:01 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
12/13/2014 18:08:27   
Stonehawk

quote:

It's a sidegrade. You can either get guaranteed last stand damage, or you can get non-guaranteed but potentially higher last stand damage with leech.

No.

quote:

Sure, it might be stronger than hawk guardian but people use this core for the same reason they use hawk guardian. For guaranteed damage and a Last Stand

It's only 115% damage with some lifesteal, not 125% like the hawk guardian.

DRAWBACKS.
- higher costs
- lower damage
AND to make things worse:
- blockable

The blockable part doesn't really make sense, because all "kneeling cores" have guaranteed effects.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/13/2014 18:11:38   
Xendran

Misread as 135%.
The fact that the life leech is at 40% easily makes up for it, as that still creates a HP deficit equivalent to 161% damage when used at the right time.
161% vs 125%, seems fair that its blockable with a higher cost. Against an opponent with 25% block chance you still do 120.75% compared to blood hawks 125%.
Having the gap created with damage vs damage and life is also another interesting decision that changes based on what kind of utility you need out of your build.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 12/13/2014 18:16:52 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
12/13/2014 21:54:08   
  Exploding Penguin

There's a flaw in either one's playstyle or build if they're consistently getting this move blocked. Against high dex opponents you should honestly have a very reliable countermeasure, otherwise the build used is just flawed. I cannot stress this fact enough:

PLAY SAFE

this makes up the people who win a lot of fights and those who don't. People will insist on using rage frenzy against even dex caster TMs quite often, when they could just opt for the safer but potentially less beneficial rage gun/aux. These kind of decisions determine who are the good and who are the mediocre players. It's just bad luck if cores like these get blocked every now and then, but it's important to understand to stop trying to fight high dex-based builds head-on at what they're good at, and to find other countermeasures.

Epic  Post #: 5
12/13/2014 22:01:02   
Gepard Acht

^ This so much

As a frequent Dex TM I cant remember the amount of time people try to use block-able skills on me and getting blocked then cursing 24/7. If you know the opponent have (much) more dex, use unblock-able stuff as well. This also applies to the opposite.

TBH i find that this core being blockable isnt bad. IMO this core should be used by those that have high strength to make use of the lifesteal and any decent strength players have a high amount of dex to back it up.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
12/14/2014 13:36:47   
zion

With the new buff to deflections how many "safe" moves are there? Besides for high energy guaranteed hit skills, the only safe moves are the meteorite-type primary cores. That's why this core might be a bit dangerous / too gimmicky to carry around in such an important slot.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/14/2014 14:27:05   
  Exploding Penguin

^Aim assist/7% lucky strike helps a TON. I see no reason to take any other passive core over these. Also, people can't have builds that both deflect and block you extremely often unless there are 2 things happening that match:

-Your build sucks because you made a bad one with no dex and tech, in which case you're getting punished for it
-The opponent's build is super tanky and has very weak damage output in general or another underlying weakness due to the lack of stats in other areas.

Most of the time successful builds will either only block you a lot or deflect you a lot, not both at the same time.
Epic  Post #: 8
12/14/2014 15:44:26   
The berserker killer

I get blocked at 70 dex+35 wep stats and its annoying. Sure it grants lifestyle but, this may sound selfish, I bought it. Just like I bought bloodhawk and I expect it to be unblockable. What's the reason of having a "back-up" or a "last-stand" if that is going to fail??? Crtical heal never fails...right? Blood hawk never said "Oops, damn he blocked me boss. Im out"...right? Now I gotta get blocked?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
12/14/2014 16:04:23   
Xendran

The purpose is that it's stronger and provides different utility.
Don't like it? Don't use it. Whether or not your specific build and playstyle benefits from an item does not determine whether or not it is balanced.

If you guys ever want to see this game become good again, you should be ENCOURAGING asymmetrical balancing like this because of the increase to build diversity it brings.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> New Primary: Promo
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition