Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Why are people so cruel?

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why are people so cruel?
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2014 1:06:01   
InFlamed Fury

So basically I have been recording battles to make a new video and the build that i'm using happens to be a Support Spamming Merc Build so i can understand why some people are acting negative towards it, but what i don't understand is that when i come up against a player who has another 'noob' build, they start acting like they are the best in the world. I personally have noticed that players in the levels 23-28 have been a lot more rude compared to players at any other level range.

Has anyone else noticed this and am i the only one who misses the (almost) completely friendly community that used to exist as this is a little bit of a turn off for players that are currently in that level range.
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
12/14/2014 1:13:14   
The Jop

People are generally a little aggressive because Epicduel is mainly a PvP game; they're especially aggressive when they're losing. I guess also violence breeds more violence, so the more someone is insulted, the more prone they are to insulting others. People over level 28 have probably been through a lot of battles so they're generally not as concerned with winning and can be a little more mature.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 12/14/2014 1:14:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/14/2014 1:16:09   
InFlamed Fury

But the thing is that the people who are being very 'aggressive' are NOT the ones who are loosing and it's me who is getting insulted and for what? Just having a little fun with a stupid build? I just don't understand how/why people are so mean nowadays.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
12/14/2014 1:20:43   
Mother1

People want to win and when someone uses a build they deem crappy they will flame out their partner especially if it causes them to use.

Sadly this is yet another reason why more people go to sheep builds as I call them instead of being creative and making fun builds. Because they get mocked and insulted for doing so.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/14/2014 1:24:53   
InFlamed Fury

Fair enough, but still even in just 1v1 (what i've been playing) just... i don't get it. And my build isn't even hard to beat xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/14/2014 1:34:59   
Qwerty Again

Also since at around level 28 you are in the midrange after fully understanding game mechanix but not yet at the social aspect of the game. You have had enough loses to be angry but not enough wins to understand your losses
Post #: 6
12/14/2014 1:38:25   
InFlamed Fury

Good point, maybe if some more of the older players who DO have mid level accounts go back and help out the newer players, there wouldn't be such a large amount of negative talk in matches.
Either way i hope that it stops because it seems that quite a lot of mid-level players are starting to not pay because of this, i have a couple of people on my Alt's buddy list and none of them are still playing even after saying how they enjoyed the game during the first 20 levels of it.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/14/2014 2:01:52   
  Exploding Penguin

You should honestly just assume everyone who plays ED has the maturity of a 5 year old. I accepted this fact and these things haven't bothered me much since.

Especially after Omega came out and you don't see most of the old players anymore, trying out a new build will often have other people telling you that you suck rather than trying to offer advice on how to make it better. I remember when I tested out strange builds back in Delta and I got a lot of positive responses like "interesting build" and stuff. Unfortunately the new playerbase that's moved in is mostly just a bunch of immature people.

See my post ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 1/2/2015 22:03:53 >
Epic  Post #: 8
12/14/2014 2:13:55   
Daph Duck

I'd have to disagree with everything that's been written here. I've met nothing but kind, friendly souls on ED always willing to lend a helping hand and are generally very respectful of their fellow players.
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/14/2014 2:40:23   
  Exploding Penguin

Just yesterday when Charfade and a bunch of mods were giving out presents at the Naval Yard, 2 unnamed users came and began to complain and rant an unbelievable amount, throwing slanderous words at the staff and at ED as a game.

Some people are nice, but in general most these days are either quite silent or a bit rude.
Epic  Post #: 10
12/14/2014 2:56:33   
Dual Thrusters

Turn public chat off. Trust me, you'll enjoy 1v1 a lot more when you can force your opponents to shut up.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
12/14/2014 10:31:24   
Inkwolf

@Daph, all I can say is that you've been lucky.

I meet a lot of nice, friendly people when playing. Unfortunately, for every nice person there are many totally silent people and at least one complete jerk. (BTW-- the chat filter won't allow you to tell someone they are a jerk, even though you're stuck listening to their abusive chat-filter-evading ranting and taunts. Seriously?) And turning off chat in 2v2 is not really a good option.

I disagree with the statement that it's at mid-levels, too. I am at level 37 now, playing a lot of 40's, and I still run into these people all the time. The only reason I can think of that there might be less is that some have been weeded out by being reported and banned or muted.

quote:

You should honestly just assume everyone who plays ED has the maturity of a 5 year old.

True, but the trouble with this concept is that I don't like to assume that every silent player is a grenade that might blow up in my face if I make a bad move or say something that ticks them off for some random reason. I'm already dealing with that feeling to a degree. And twice I've fallen into the trap of ranting back, and that's not improving anything. The fact is that you seem to need the hide of a rhinoceros to enjoy this game for long. Every time I get chewed out by some ranting maniac, I feel that much closer to the day I decide to quit.

< Message edited by Inkwolf -- 12/14/2014 10:32:09 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/14/2014 22:07:08   
Tatparjya

The problem is simple but solution is not.
Maturity(some older people are also im-mature but due to lack of better words in my vocabulery we shall use this word)
is relative and changes from person to person and it depends on the way they were raised, from the very old days we have had a lot of parents who very much spoil their children to the point where they become the "ranting" persons in the game who when anything goes against their will , they will blow up like a grenade and we truly can not do anything about it.you will see not just this game every MMO has these players whether its AQW or Call of Duty.In most cases we can not do anything , They were every much born and raised this way.
Ignoring these players completely is the best thing you can do.Reasoning with them is not a option beacuse they prefer to never listen to anyone but like it when someone listens to what he/she says.

I am the silent type of player and even though low level if i meet players who have an extremly bad build i tend to tell them that
and you will see alot of players both in the fourms and in the game might actually do that. but as for the ranting people , except ignoring them you cant really do anything.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
12/15/2014 2:15:55   
  Exploding Penguin

Just wait for the day when your off-meta build becomes FotM then recall the days of being verbally abused by others and laugh at it.

But seriously, if you're having fun try your best not to get it spoiled by people who are just downright rude.
Epic  Post #: 14
12/15/2014 3:29:23   
InFlamed Fury

Well either way, i finished recording and i have uploaded the video, if you watch it, i think that you will be able to understand why some people are a little angry with it.

Video of Build

Anyways thanks for everyone's opinions on this topic, it makes me happy to see that people are still managing to find nice people to talk to, maybe I just have been unlucky with who i come up against xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/15/2014 6:46:02   
  Exploding Penguin

It's not actually a bad build given the mid-level meta.

I think people are just angry cause they can't beat it.
Epic  Post #: 16
12/15/2014 16:11:53   
InFlamed Fury

Oh, it's easily beatable. It just requires a bit more knowledge of the game to do so though.
Also thanks xD
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
12/20/2014 19:57:30   
Darius

The rudeness hurts a guy like me, not because I have a strong build, but because I have a weak one. I can't get a rating in BatStrat because the people on the forums are even more rude than the people in the game and won't rate me until I get to Lv.20, and I can't level up to Lv.20 without a viable build. Then the people in-game make fun of my UPness, and will even toy with me before ending my misery in an OHKO.

My character is so weak, useless, and underpowered that it's been rendered completely unplayable, and then the evil, elitist community makes damn sure I never forget it as long as I live. I HATE EpicDuel.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/20/2014 21:55:58   
Qwerty Again

Hey darius, If you can post the equipment and class you are using under epicduel q&a I am willing to help you find a build.
Post #: 19
12/22/2014 13:13:28   
LigerBeard

True, there are a lot of people who do that, but I've seen some people who are like that who are over lvl 30. Plus, I myself am lvl 27 in ED and I don't act like that!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
12/22/2014 16:04:45   
mr.p

you know how noobs are. all the losing gets to them. and the choose to rage at random times
Post #: 21
12/23/2014 19:28:46   
Zeruphantom

I got called a noob today by a Commander founder. Is this really how far we've come?

It is a really degrading feeling, even when your opponent is running the most overused Blood Mage build available. A lot worse when your opponent has been around since Beta and obviously hasn't learnt how to show respect yet.

< Message edited by Zeruphantom -- 12/23/2014 19:31:13 >

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 22
12/23/2014 20:51:25   
king altoen

you do know that a majority of the players in ED are under 15 right? That's what kids do. Just tell him that it's past his bed time.
Epic  Post #: 23
12/23/2014 21:57:03   
Zeruphantom

I am aware of that, but I've seen 6 year olds with better attitudes than a lot of the ED players
AQ Epic  Post #: 24
12/24/2014 14:05:41   
Exodasbr

^This I agree with, I usually just try and ignore them. Sorry you feel that way Darius.

< Message edited by Exodasbr -- 12/24/2014 14:06:17 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Why are people so cruel?
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition