Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

bot

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> bot
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2014 8:48:32   
Lycan.

Hey peeps,
I wanted to discuss an issue I personally have with bots and thought i'd like to share them with you.
There are currently a couple of bots that have 190 base damage i.e katherax and new bot. The problem with this is that it kinda destroys fairness in a way. What I mean is there are some bots like assualt bot which only have one form of attack (A super weak one) with only 150 base damage, then there are bots with 190 base damage with two forms of attack, Katherax.

I think the only bots that should have a slight damage advantage are the ones with a single attack, so i don't object anything against the lionheart bot or the new promo one , but what i do object is that katherax's damage should not be 190 base damage, because if it is, then surely Gamma bot should also have 190 base damage since it's main purpose was to function as a nuke bot.
I think all one form damage bots including assualt bot should have a slightly higher damage than the two-way damage bots like Gamma bot or Katherax or the Devs will end up continuously upgrade bot damage to grab peoples attention like in Gamma/Delta what they did with stats.
My reccomendations:
Katherax; Blood Hawk: Black abbys (or any other two-way damage bots): 170 base damage
Gamma bot: 160 Base (Because it does 100% damage with both normal and special ability)
Assualt bot, Lion Heart, New promo bot (or any one other one form attack bots): 180 - 190 base damage

And no, this should not go in the balance thread, I just want people to discuss their opinions on this.

~ Discuss your opinions :)
Epic  Post #: 1
12/14/2014 10:37:08   
Inkwolf

Well, the solution to some bots being better than others seems to be obvious: get a better bot.

Though it might be interesting if some of the weakest bots were tweaked to give them some sort of highly specialized extra power. Like, say, a three-round support boost, or a rage increaser/remover or something that would make them more interesting to use than just a weak attack.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/14/2014 13:28:17   
mr.p

kartherax does not have two forms of attack.
Post #: 3
12/14/2014 13:31:36   
SouL Prisoner

Legendary bot like Gamma has just 170. They should definitely increase it! or the competition from the new bots will just eat up the old legendary stuff... :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/14/2014 14:35:56   
Lycan.

@SOul Prisnor
I agree that the old stuff needs to be tweeked, especially Assualt bot.
And Gamma bot's base damage is 160 not 170 :P

EDIT: @Mother1
My bad, must have read it wrong

< Message edited by Lycan. -- 12/14/2014 15:48:50 >
Epic  Post #: 5
12/14/2014 14:38:07   
Mother1

@ Lycan.

Here is the wiki info on the robot it does indeed say 170
Epic  Post #: 6
12/14/2014 17:33:47   
Rayman
Banned

Yep it is 170.
And There might be a new robot balancing update just like before.
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
12/17/2014 19:37:32   
Daph Duck

Completely disagree. The Assault Bot's damage is already way too high for how good the special is, I think it needs to be lowered by a bit actually. I don't talk about the Lionharts much but their special is also extremely powerful. Teamed with Adrenaline Rush and Platinums Pride you could be raging every other turn and that is just dangerous. Their base should be lowered to 160 I'd say. For how bad Kartherax, Black Abyss and Blood Hawk are they need a damage buff to 190.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
12/17/2014 19:44:02   
The Jop

Assault Bot really isn't that good. Debuff effects aren't a major part of the game, and even if they were, you still waste a turn doing 0 damage to only reduce the nerf by a little more than half. Blood Hawk and Black Abyss' debuffs are not affected by the skill either.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
12/17/2014 22:51:32   
I Underlord I

The cost of different Robots is not equal since the Robots themselves are not equitable; for the most part, all seasonal (which are, of course, initially promotional) Robots can be used with similar effectiveness though with variable functions, and cost 45,000 Credits due to the relative power and rarity.
One could argue that some Robots are objectively better, but being more usable (and "abusable") in the current meta is does not make something fundamentally superior; decreasing an opponent's Defensive rather than offensive capabilities is the preferred style, due in major part to the broken and imbalanced Rage formula. However, this should not mean standardizing their based on attack "type;" rather, standardization should be resultant of balance. The differentiation of base damage beyond attack "type" is also a necessity of sorts, since Katherax's Darkspawn, say, is usually not as viable as Black Abyss Bot or Blood Hawk. (Without discussing how Darkspawn's attack can be deflected rather than blocked at this time.)

However, Infernal Android, for instance, only costs 25,000 Credits; it should not receive a buff, especially since it is generally fine as is (without delving into the new effectiveness of deflection).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

quote:

The Jop wrote:

Assault Bot really isn't that good. Debuff effects aren't a major part of the game, and even if they were, you still waste a turn doing 0 damage to only reduce the nerf by a little more than half. Blood Hawk and Black Abyss' debuffs are not affected by the skill either.

Daph Duck seems to believe it rather amusing to post using ironic humor; feel free to ignore messages from them.

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 10
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> bot
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition