Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Instead of Energy for some moves, Quantity

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Instead of Energy for some moves, Quantity
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/14/2014 22:10:11   
The berserker killer

I was thinking that some skills really should not require energy to use if you are not a mage. Skills that use items like Stun Grenade, EMP, poison grenade, even bunker buster should have a limit as opposed to energy. This way they can be used multiple times without such the cost. They would still scale accordinlgly however in order to use them you will need to purchase them. It will be like the +6 cores but they will be valid for 100 uses instead of 30 .

Lets be honest here, 620 base mp seems like a lot and everyone can raise it but its such a waste. I have not seen anyone effectively be able to raise their mp since CH massacre build got nerfed. At least with this bounty hunters can finally effectively max their stun grenade, same with plasma nade, mercs can buy RPG shells (bunker bullets) and use it without killing their energy, same with artillery strike maybe, and maybe some other moves you guys might have in mind.

It just made no sense to me as to why Stun grenade, at 105 dex, only does 597 damage for at least 300+ energy.

Edit: I think it goes without saying that Mage energy moves need a little buff if this were ever implemented. they need a buff now anyway. At least lower the cost of energy moves. It shouldn't cost that much since energy is supposed to be their specialty.

Merged identical threads. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 12/14/2014 22:40:01 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
12/14/2014 22:14:53   
The Jop

That seems really problematic, since your opponent can really do nothing to stop you. Imagine someone using poison for no cost, draining your energy, and then even when you drain their their energy they can still use it again. That might make some sense plot-wise, but not balance-wise. Things like bludgeon shouldn't cost any energy by that logic since it's just hitting someone with the other end of your weapon. Mage skills are definitely not powerful enough to make other skills cost nothing, especially when you normally only use most skills 2 times in a battle at most.

< Message edited by The Jop -- 12/14/2014 22:18:57 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
12/14/2014 22:23:32   
The berserker killer

I guess you're right. However there is no class that has poison and can drain energy at the same time when it comes to this. Pooison would cost for both hunters, and TLM doesn't convert energy.

Moves that exert force, like bludgeon, require energy because it requires an extra amount of energy to get that extra amount of dmg.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
12/14/2014 22:28:04   
The Jop

Wouldn't bunker buster take energy in that case, since you're lifting a bazooka over your shoulder?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
12/14/2014 22:44:53   
Tatparjya

the problem is very simple.

1. the energy they would have used while using the energy based skills will be open for use in other areas which would make thins A LOT more complicated.
2.quantity has price and in a case if every use of such skills require credits then lower level players would not be able to use such skills beacuse of the fact that they have low amount of credits.
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 5
12/14/2014 22:49:42   
The berserker killer

Well Jop if we're gonna be that literal then picking up your gun would take energy took. All i'm saying is that iit's just an idea I had haha.

Case-in-Brief: Moves require too much energy
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> Instead of Energy for some moves, Quantity
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition