Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Locked Special Cores

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Locked Special Cores
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/17/2014 11:11:29   
Lord Machaar

Icy Chill for example, a passive core in all frost weapons.
This core is locked, grants you 250+ damage when you you use it against George Lowe.
We understand that, but George Lowe's Era is gone, and so is those weapons?
I persoanlly like the look of some Frost Weapons, I would like to use them, but also I would like to use a passive core that will help me in PVPs and NPCs.
Make those cores unlocked but on the other hand un-sellable.
Or atleast make those locked "Useless" cores deal more damage to other NPCs.
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
12/17/2014 11:18:03   
The berserker killer

Yea I support this. I know it's too hard to make it so that we can remove them and put them onother weapons but, if anything, we should be able to remove them ven if they are hard-coded. Some of the gear, especially the guns, look sick
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
12/17/2014 11:29:23   
Lord Machaar

There is no need to put them in other weapons, or that core/weapon will be completely useless.
Just the ability to change it with more useful passive cores in PVPs and NPCs. But keeping them Locked and Unsellabe and not usable with other weapons.
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
12/18/2014 9:27:30   
Mother1

If the core has a use in the game period they will leave the core locked from what I saw. Icy Chill dispute how useless people call it still has a that one use against George Lowe which is why they haven't removed it.

Cores like extoskeleton infernal spirit and Char's fury all had no more sure whatsoever when the bosses they worked on were removed from the game so that was why those cores were unlocked and in the charfade's weapons completely removed when they came the second time around.
Epic  Post #: 4
12/18/2014 10:19:36   
Lord Machaar

You probably misunderstood my idea, I didn't refer to the word "Remove", which slighlty more powerful the word "changeable".

I hope we complete our discussion in the ED GD forums. I have opened a thread there.
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
12/18/2014 12:52:27   
Ranloth
Banned

Two solutions:
  • [1] We remove the core entirely, and sell the coreless weapons. However, this would become an issue for those who do want the core - and there are always some.
  • [2] We sell the weapon with core, but unlocked. However, this means some are paying bonus Credits/Varium for a core they will replace either way.

What is not a solution:
  • Selling the core on its own. Cores like Char's Revenge and Icy Chilly are hard-coded in the database, and cannot be re-used easily (e.g. for a new Boss/NPC/etc), so having the core separately would be a long process, which could possibly not be worth the effort - especially when you claim the core is useless, too.
  • AQ Epic  Post #: 6
    12/18/2014 13:21:07   
    Remorse

^

They need to make cores unequipable.

Yes it would be hard long process, but definitely worth it, they already have the inventory system and the mechanic of equiping cores, so surely being able to un-equip them can't be too hard to make.

Then this Locked core problem is 100% solved.

Because the player can simply unequip the core into the inventory which remains unsellable (Because apparently it's "hard coded") and can only be re-equiped to the weapon it originated from.

Honestly this is the system that makes so much sense and should of been made when first introducing cores, or at least when they created the core inventory.
    Epic  Post #: 7
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Locked Special Cores
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition