Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

EpicDuel: Evolution

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> EpicDuel: Evolution
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/22/2014 16:29:35   
The berserker killer

We've all heard rumors about the next phase coming into ED, Evolution. But Evolution from what? "Evolving" what"?

Evolving:
The Playerbase?- Well I feel like that can be doable as long as ED utilizes this new "gift" update properly and keep feeding the playerbase updates long enough so they can get Evolution implemented into the game. That is their best chance at evolving the playerbase and making them stay.
The PVP?- Well this would be very interesting because there are a few features you have to focus on in order to give players the incentive to play. Factions, ranks, this will require a lot of small updates such as making it easier for faction leaders to see the activity of their faction members (seeing their daily wins). This will require special armors for your rank (Warrior, Officer, Emperor, Grand Emperor, Legend). This will require more cores, not just ones in promos or you risk going back to the Enhancement Phase when Varium users ruled. This will require more stats, more levels, more skill points. This will definitely require something for lvl 40 Juggernauts, whether it be a core that makes them go first or a core that gives them extra stats. Case in chef, if you want to Evolve PVP you have to include more.
Factions?- Factions just need more. That's it. If you want to evolve factions you have to let faction leaders alter their factions. Put home items in there, put up a Faction Glory Board that will show each faction member and the amount of wins hes done for that faction. You have to let the look of a faction evolve with each level (Level 1- Barracks, Lvl 10- Luxury Lounge). Even something in the game where we can purchase our faction flag to use a sword will be absolutely amazing.
Diversity?- This is what I am looking to the most. I expect you to let us be able to change the element of our skills on our skill tree. For example, a merc can pay a certain amount of credits or varium to change Bunker Buster to Energy Bunker Buster. Or a blood mage can change Plasma Cannon to a Physical Plasma Cannon. Toxic Grenade will be energy damage. Hunter Stun Grenade can be an energy Nade. Now this is how you ensure diversity while keeping each and every class unique.

Well this is what I somewhat expect from the next phase, Evolution. I am hoping that this thread will help devs see what we want so please be respectful enough to keep this thread open and going.

What do you expect from EpicDuel evolution?

Edit: The more thought out your answers are, the more quality they should have!

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/4/2015 16:18:45 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
12/22/2014 16:43:41   
Ranloth
Banned

quote:

EpicDuel Evolution
War 2.0 will herald a new phase of EpicDuel development: EpicDuel Evolution. This new phase will be unlike any before it – over the last few months we have been gradually building tools and tutorials to allow EpicDuel’s future to be directed by a force more powerful that the mighty Titan himself: our Community.

Over the years we’ve attracted some amazingly talented and ambitious players. Our player base may be much smaller than AdventureQuest Worlds, but the level of talent is no less. Our intention for EpicDuel Evolution is to allow more input and direct involvement from our players to influence things like content creation and balance. If you were shy about contributing content or ideas to EpicDuel, now is a better time than ever to express because soon we’ll be offering the resources to make them a reality!
Source: February 21, 2014 - War Two Point Oh

There wouldn't be any rumours, if players did read the DNs carefully back then. The Evolution phase are the tools that allow easier implementation of player-suggested content. Missions (writing), weapons (art), and balance.
AQ Epic  Post #: 2
12/22/2014 16:57:08   
The berserker killer

Oh. Well that changes everything
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
12/22/2014 17:11:34   
Justingbieberfangirl

Sure hope they improve the play stiles.(Classes more different)
Now in my opinion there aren't enough skills and some interesting ''improves with'' need to be put in place.
Like heal should improve with something and the base should be lowered. 170 energy for 400 hp.

What I want is something that balances credits because as in game currency they have flaws for the new stuff it osts 299k if you dont get gifted anything so that means around
8000+!!! 1 v 1 PVP VICTORIES

More perma cores which revolve less around luck and are gotten from missions such as doing 300 pvp wins. *states the obvious*Less broken ranks.

Dont forget that evolution is just a name and has nothing to do with the actual game content ;).

And maybe pls pls pls something like a robot (New equipable mayb a ticket and you get like 10% improve to all the 2nd tier skills or to all the skills which improve with dex)
Post #: 4
12/22/2014 19:23:12   
Lord Machaar

Yeah, your post trans shows they didn't give a flying duck about players ideas in the past few years.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/22/2014 19:24:40 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
12/22/2014 23:15:42   
Mother1

@ Lord Machaar

The staff has been putting in players idea since omega has started and has been doing so for a while.

The Juggernaut button was suggested by the players.
The recent Mute button that was added? Something that was suggested by the players ever since beta
The Cost to cores? An idea suggested by the players

The list goes on of idea that the players suggested that the staff has put into the game.
Epic  Post #: 6
12/23/2014 4:42:53   
noremako

quote:

Diversity?- This is what I am looking to the most. I expect you to let us be able to change the element of our skills on our skill tree. For example, a merc can pay a certain amount of credits or varium to change Bunker Buster to Energy Bunker Buster. Or a blood mage can change Plasma Cannon to a Physical Plasma Cannon. Toxic Grenade will be energy damage. Hunter Stun Grenade can be an energy Nade. Now this is how you ensure diversity while keeping each and every class unique. /quote]

omg YAS

I support this idea, partly.

Except personally most elements should remain as they are.

Instead, other things like poison should be changed. Instead of slow poison, a change could be something like

90 damage per round for 3 rounds ---> 180 damage for 1 round.

Adrenaline Rush:

Give 65% rage ---> Boost critical chance for 3 rounds by 15%

Things like this. Elements are finnicky and changing elements doesn't alleviate strategy but colours it dull.

Diversity though, definitely thumbs up from this guy.

~Approved by Noremako and Co (:D)
Post #: 7
12/23/2014 7:05:50   
Lord Machaar

@Mother1

I'm talking about real players, not omega players, those are jokes.
Second of all, I'm talking about future decisive ideas, mute chat button will bring more players? adding up a juggernaut button will bring more players?

I'm talking here about idea and suggestions of players who played this game since the beginning. Balance, weapons, war...etc... They sure have better idea of what can make the game better, but when they started taking the players' suggestions? at Omega? Yeah, I can see where is that going... and in Evolution, it will be worse.

I'm not saying that 9 years old and 10 years old can't come up with ideas. They might, but balance needs players that have first of all experience, and second of all, these are numbers in the end, and I see that Rabblefroth is just doing what he wants, he posts some numbers in the DNs and everyone is happy yet they don't understand a word he said.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/23/2014 7:15:47 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
12/23/2014 7:49:26   
Satafou

But... but.... Omega players are pro too right? :(
Post #: 9
12/23/2014 7:55:54   
Santa ClawZz

@Lord Machaar

What is your idea of balance? In my opinion, the game is a lot more balanced than it was years ago. Sure, high level players lose more than they did before, but lower level players actually have a chance to win now. Battles rely mostly on builds, cores and skill usage (with some luck included, as it's always been). Cost of gameplay has gone down drastically, where basically everything in game in purchasable through credits, which aren't hard to get. That means new players can enjoy the game and all its features as much as the high level players.

Back in Beta/Gamma/Delta phase, I don't remember thinking I could lose when I entered a battle with someone one level lower than me, now I (a level 36 player) can lose to a level 33 if I don't play my cards right. On the other hand, I've won against level 39s, so don't think I'm weak.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
12/23/2014 8:14:51   
Lord Machaar

@Santa Clawzz

I think the changes you see now could have been done even earlier than Omega, and even executed better than now. Back then there were more players than now, which means the changes that have been executed now could have saved the game player base.

The balances have been badly executed in Omega, because the developpers had a short time to save the player base but eventually they failed, and no gifts don't count because they will be gone soon.

I don't mind losing to a level 33 or 32 or 20, if his win was legit, I don't mind to lose a non-varium player if I'm a varium player. Varium players won a big time before Omega, when I was a varium player Beta/Gamma/Delta facing a non-varium player in 1vs1 was like a 100% win, and as you said if that player was 1 level lower than you then it's 100% win chance. But not in Omega ,and they were a little bit late. this balance was executed in Omega, where most of the players left. And if you tell me that players quitted for this, then I don't think so. Epicduel gave Varium players a good advantage back then, a Varium player before Omega always had to won against a non-Varium player. This era is over. Take it or leave it.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/23/2014 8:19:59 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
12/23/2014 11:04:25   
Santa ClawZz

I don't get what point you're trying to make here. So EpicDuel is better, new players are happier, balance is far better and current content is more diverse than before. Where's the problem?
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
12/23/2014 11:10:12   
Mother1

@ Lord machaar

Those suggestions where all made before omega by players who weren't from omega with the exception of the last.

My point was that many suggestions that players both before and during omega made are coming into the game since you were complaining that the staff doesn't put our ideas into the game.

Epic  Post #: 13
12/23/2014 11:21:12   
Lord Machaar

@Santa Clawzz

I think those balances were badly executed and late. Player base went down dramatically, which means Titan himself will be doing pvps with Nightwraith to save the game. And listening to 9year olds and 10 year olds ideas in the next phase which means evolution will just secrew it up. I played with legends, with brains, with people that actually think for the future of the game not for their personal influence such as class, weapons etc...

@Mother1

To sum up my point, I don't know if you played back in Beta or not. But quadrillion and quadrillion of ideas and suggestions were presented by the players, yet the devs thought that there is no need to put them in, since there were 4 servers, 2 first are pretty much full and 2 last were half full. But many players had enough and quitted.
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
12/23/2014 13:19:49   
Santa ClawZz

@Lord Machaar

My question, again, is what is your point? Are you trying to change something or are you just bashing the developers for no actual outcome? What's your end goal here?
AQW Epic  Post #: 15
12/23/2014 13:48:56   
MrBones

I have been out of the game for almost a year but still log in to play new missions and grab any new cheevo available. These [cheevos & missions] are the only things bringing me back to game.
I consider myself an old player, joined the game mid Gamma. Like many, I had high hopes for this indy game and spent over 1k real dollars on it.
Battle enough to reach emperor rank, legendary rank, keeping an average of 90% wins. Currently 3 blue stars. Won the daily 1vs1 during the highest traffic this game has seen (end-Gamma beginning of Delta phase).
Does my opinion matter more because of all these personal achievements ? Absolutly not, but I believe I should be taken very seriously.
I know most of the old famous players, the ones that put a lot of efforts (and money) on the game when it started. All but a few are long gone. They are many reasons why, but to me, here is the one that stands out from the rest.

As much as I was fed up back then with enhancements, over powered promo packages coming out every months, I now realize that it was not that bad. By changing the core and foundation of the game, the game lost it's soul.
It as been very well documented that the 'pay-to-win' gaming model do not work in north america or europe. Although being perfectly acceptable in asians countries to buy a 5000$ sword and run around killing everybody, it just doesn't work here.. Or does it ?

The varium advantage enhancements and the promo packages was the glue that kept the game together. Players kept coming in to see what new items would come out.
These new items, with fixed stats, could be the key to a new and crazy build.. but only if you had them and they were out for a limited time! New players that joined the game at that time, like me, started dreaming about owning some of these premium items.
Oh the things I could do if I had (insert any gear). They kept playing, leveling, trying to get powerful enough to be able to buy and use these weapons. Remember back then they had a minimum level.
An old player had a definitive advantage because he could make builds combining different promo items (auxi, guns, and swords) over a newer player that bough only one promo, or none, and just gotten started. Having 'seniority' actually meant something and had a tangible advantage.

As for one of the biggest problem in ED now, clone builds, I believe they were less noticeable back then. Don't get me wrong, they always existed and forever will with a game like this. Why?
Due to the fact that for most of the high powered build you needed the perfect combo of gear. That meant some builds could only be available to you after playing through a whole year, carefully choosing among seasonal rares.
Missed the item you desperately needed for the crazy build you invented? No problems, keep playing until it get back or better, wait until something new comes out and make your build even more perfect.

Oh I can already hear some of my fellow forumites scream (>_> looking at you Remorse). Enhancements were so bad, we hated them!! But that is how the game was build. That WAS the game.
Numbers never lies. Nobody plays the game anymore and even worst, nobody sticks around. I truly think the 'pay-to-win' model worked with that game. I recall the discussions back then, just before the company made a 180° turn.
People were arguing, and I was with them, that we needed more free-to-play players. Varium was too strong we said. They were so many threads about that subject. But what has become of varium nowdays? AND were are all these new players that we were supposed to get with the new system???

To me, varium is only artwork now. That is all. Realistically, you don't need a lot of gear now to get by. One or 2 maxed out items of each kind and your ok. Why would a player invest more just for artwork ? Some do of course, but they are a very small minority.
They could at least encourage the ones that do invest and collect (some call them committed, others hoarders) with an upgradable rarity cheevo for example. Back then, high prices for premium items were justified by the strength and usability in-game.
Now, for that same price, all I get is artwork. Not worth it in my opinion.

I am well aware that discussing money is frown upon here. I hope that I did a good job explaining my opinion, without stepping over the line.

And for the ones that still thinks that the game is going down because of balance, you should learn to let go. True balance cannot and will never be achievable.
How can you have 100 % of the player population win at least 90% of theirs fights ?? Everybody wants to win. But for every winner, there is a loser.
True balance at 50% win ratio, making the game a 'coin toss'? I for one, would never enjoy such a thing. Bring back support. Open the game. Let focus go. No more diminishing effects. Let players go crazy.
AND for god's sake fix the energy issue. Don't wait for me or the community for the genious idea. You guys [devs] fix it. You are the pros, I loved your game at first sight back then and trust you will come up with a decent idea.

In a nut shell, the game feels less exciting in general. I feel the game is not as good as it used to be. Lost the flavor. Look at the numbers of players in the server (notice no 's' at the end of server for there is no need for more than one anymore).
Am I the only one feeling this way ? As I stated previously, numbers never lies . . . .

Thank you all,
DBag
Epic  Post #: 16
12/23/2014 14:58:06   
Lord Machaar

@Santa Clawzz

I think my point is pretty clear.

@MrBones

Pretty decent reasoning from an old player. I have same ideas and same case. But I believe mr @santa clawzz still can't get it.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 12/23/2014 15:00:55 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 17
12/23/2014 17:27:55   
One Winged Angel1357

@Dbag beautiful post though there is one thing that was key to the old EpicDuel that a suggestion I just saw, link below, reminded me of. There is no real community anymore. People have stated that there is no real place to just sit down and chat like there used to be at Oz world whatever was the highest open.

Now if you step out of battle there is really nothing to do. Well right now there is gifting but I meant now in a general phase meaning not the literal meaning. When I'm in a battle I'm sitting silently unless I stumble upon an old friend or a new fan and when I'm out of battle I'm sitting silently because who is there to talk to?

As promised link below be here: http://forums2.battleon.com/f/tm.asp?m=21889904
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 18
12/23/2014 17:34:16   
The Jop

The problem is paying players should not be given advantages in PvP when it's mainly a PvP game. That means free players have basically nothing to do since they wouldn't win when fighting varium players. Thus the player base shrinks because all the free players start leaving, and the advantage varium players paid for is basically gone because it's just varium players fighting each other in this case. I agree that there could be more to buy with varium in the game, but nothing that gives an advantage in battle (at least nothing that can't also be gotten with credits).

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
12/23/2014 18:38:04   
The berserker killer

this is disappointing if this is evolution. I had real high hopes for some od the suggestions I posted above.

@the jop- I think youre absolutely right. Some weapons, armors, bikes (now that everything is the same it wont affect pvp) should be varium only

@mr. Bones that has to be one of the best posts I've ever read. Especially the part about 50% of the players winning 90% of the time and complaining about balance.

@Mother-they may be taking our ideas but they are taking the wrong onss

Posts merged, please don't triple post. ~WhiteTiger

< Message edited by WhiteTiger -- 12/27/2014 21:02:27 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
12/28/2014 21:06:02   
MrBones

This 'evolution' phase, if this is not just a wild rumor, is scaring me. As any browser player, I have wandered around and played numerous games. What I find is very worrying.

The new trend is with 'micro transactions'.
For example, games are packed with cooldowns on all features, which of course can be eliminated by paying a small fee. The most terrifying thing is that these games have tremendous success.

I sure hope Epic Duel is not going in that direction. This would be, for me anyways, the death of my character.

Remember kids, freemium isn't free.
Epic  Post #: 21
12/29/2014 10:06:18   
Lord Machaar

^ I think we will have to just wait and see. Can't deny, I'm pretty excited for it, all or nothing.
MQ Epic  Post #: 22
12/29/2014 12:04:23   
Remorse

@ MrBones

I can agree with some part of your post,

The game is definitely not the same, and for the worse.

But I believe the old enjoyment factor is not from enhancements, nor is it from the varium advanatge.

The difference I believe is the change in viable variety.

The games variety has gone the dumpster thanks to multiple changes such as the removal of passives.

And this is what causes "copy builds" to be so dominant.

People mistake "copy builds" as the cause of an issue. But it is a result of the issue of removing variety.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 12/29/2014 21:37:18 >
Epic  Post #: 23
12/29/2014 12:27:03   
Gepard Acht

@MrBones That is exactly what I feel and you've said it perfectly, 100% with you. Even as a f2p player since beta, I kept playing because of the unique stats that weapon gave, although comes in odd times, had me playing over and over again because if I just miss once, I cant make a 'certain build'. Not everyone had the same rewards because not everyone did the same hard work/grinding. Sure there were always that certain build that would dominate for "X" time, but even with the same build few had the same Stats/Weapons/Damage/Etc. Thats just how diverse the game was, even with only 1 build. Enhancement I feel wasnt even much of a problem. F2P can purchase enhancements albeit with more grinding and top daily's. What made me come back from a long hiatus myself was the memories that the game brought me, It was actually a really enjoyable game. I'm not saying that it's horrible now, it's just pale in comparison to what it used to be.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
12/29/2014 17:30:00   
The berserker killer

^^I third that.

Build variety was virtually unlimited when each and every weapon was different. Especially when things like deadly aim were in the game but i guess we can't go back to that time.

I'm just extremely depressed that this is supposed to be the great Evolution. There are so many things we should be doing by now that we aren't doing by now and I posted alot of those things above.

And @Gepard its not about being a f2p player or not because the important thing is that you had fun back then when things were different.

Theres too much of "alike" in this game, competition js a joke, PVP is not even a challenge, and I was really hoping that would change by the phase "Evolution". But I guess Evolution isn't a phase
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> EpicDuel: Evolution
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition