Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
12/27/2014 10:47:12   
Draycos777

Oh just a sidenote, since I forgot to add it in.

Kit's coat reach down to the back of her calves and the sleeves have cuffs at the ends.
AQ  Post #: 51
12/27/2014 10:54:09   
Bastet

Seems like we'll all be classmates here, at least for the first two years.

< Message edited by Bastet -- 12/27/2014 10:55:24 >
Post #: 52
12/27/2014 11:03:25   
TJByrum

I like having Kit in multiple roleplays Draycos; reminds me of what I'm doing with the Valgards.
DF AQW  Post #: 53
12/27/2014 11:20:13   
Draycos777

Haha, well Kit has been with me fo r a long time. At least the past five years; even if her appearance changes, she's a part of me now.

@Bastet Yup, hopefully our characters can get along this time, unlike these last two RPs :p

< Message edited by Draycos777 -- 12/27/2014 11:23:31 >
AQ  Post #: 54
12/27/2014 11:27:22   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Draycos777,

I'd like to address a few inconsistencies with your bio. Do please explain them. Feedback has been written in colored text.

quote:

Name: Kitsandra Fon/Little Queen

Age: 16/first year; 17/second year; 18/third year; 19/fourth year.

Race: human

Physical Appearance: Kitsandra has the appearance of a fifteen year old girl. She is caucasian and stands at a height of exactly five feet and seven inches. The Little Queen's hair is short, just out of reach from touching her shoulders, and black. Her eyes are a light violet. Kitsandra wears a seemingly plain but warm dark grey shirt, made out of a soft but sturdy fabric; the tips of the sleeves, are ruffled. The bottom is knee-length brown shorts with a black belt. On her legs is a pair of shin-length, black, stocking. For foot-wear, the Queen sports shin-high, low-cut, black leather boots. Over her shirt, Kit wears a white, almost lab-like, coat with pockets.

Items: Kitsandra carries a large assortment of magical items and catalysts stored within a magically enhanced sling bag. What kinds of items exactly...? Catalysts are acceptable but you'll have to give a few examples for items.

Magic: First year/While still being studied and practiced, Kit can change and shape the form of an inanimate object for a short time. Second year/ the amount of time Kit can change an object has increased and she can change multiple items at once or change the same object multiple times. Third year/Kit's spellcrafting has let her create two spells to increase a person's speed and physical strength. Forth year/Kit's form changing magic let's her make an inanimate object into a completely new object. She can also change the appearance of living things. Please explain what forms can Kit change inanimate objects to...? Since Weapons are not allowed up until Third Year so you'll have to explain this part. Also, just curious, but other than the Third Year power, I am confused as to how the shape-changing powers help you in battle and conflicts.

Personality: Driven, Kit wants to know more. Not just to complete the magic of form control she is working on, but, knowledge for knowledge's sake. Kit likes a challenge, and will willingly jump at a chance to prove the fruits of her work were worth it. She has a habit of putting her hands in her coat pockets when she is thinking.

Courses:
First year/alchemy, rogue arts.
Second year/ alchemy, rogue arts.
Third year/ Sage training.
Fourth year/ Sage arts.

This section has a problem. Alchemy and Rogue Arts cannot be written together. While it's a small edit, please specify which you want to study for the first year and which for the second year. It'll help to clear up confusions.
History: Born into the Fon family, Kit was a branch member. Like all children of the Fon family, once she came of age Kit had to decide what her training would be. However, noting stood out to her. While she was athletic, none of the weapons she could learn interested her. That was, until a wandering merchant came along with a book on magic. Kit tried casting a simple light spell and while it didn't last a few seconds before exploding in her face, she knew she wanted to learn more. Since magic wasn't a very 'known' subject within the Fon family, Kit's parents sent her to the Vanguard Academy. Now that she is here, she's going to learn all she can and nothing is going to stop her.

That's all there is. Other than that, I found nothing lacking in your bio. Just clear these things up and you are good to go.^^
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 55
12/27/2014 11:48:25   
Draycos777

When it comes to the items, none of them are weapon. There items of magical properties found in nature, like plant roots and claws from magical animals.

As for her first and second year powers, she can't change the form but the shape. Making things bigger or smaller, wider or thinner ect. As for how that helps;thinkvof it like this. She can tthrow her opponents off by making her weapon or their weapon different or she could harden her clothes to soften a blow.
AQ  Post #: 56
12/27/2014 11:55:23   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Ah. So in a sense, she can change the properties of materials. Alright, I get it. You might want to consider changing the wording to reflect the nature of your magic better. Shape and Property are completely different in meaning.

A'right then. Kitsandra Fon is Accepted. I welcome her into the Vanguard Academy.

Just explain your skills better. I'll add your bio to the first post. :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 57
12/27/2014 11:55:56   
TJByrum

@Draycos: Ah, I hadn't realized you used her before; I know I've seen her in Hallows Inn and Yulgar's Inn. I've been trying to establish my own sort of thing like that, but it is in the form of several family members. Right now this is the family tree of the known members but it is subject to change. At least four of them are active in a total of 3 roleplays here on the forums, but the origins go as far back as 2012 (The Tempest), but even before then I had ideas for them, so probably 2010 or 2011.

EDIT: Arthur, I am trying to work on a background for Aia. It concerns her affinity for the Beyond, a necromancer named Nero, and her eventual decision to learn at the Academy before becoming a full-fledged Necromancer herself.

PS: The RP boards are slowly but surely coming alive, eh?

< Message edited by TJByrum -- 12/27/2014 12:12:55 >
DF AQW  Post #: 58
12/27/2014 12:20:40   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@TJByrum,

Yep, just you wait and watch. We'll be back in our zone within the next couple of weeks.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 59
12/27/2014 12:29:57   
Bastet

I may be a newcomer, but as long as you guys are around I won't ever leave the RP boards. I love roleplaying too much.

< Message edited by Bastet -- 12/27/2014 12:32:14 >
Post #: 60
12/27/2014 12:57:02   
TJByrum

@Arthur: Exactly, cause everyone is suppose to be busy during the holidays. But the holidays are partially over and I'm sure more people may be incoming.

@Bastet: Glad to have you on board. I've only been around since about 08-09 but the people I've met here make a nice community. Back before that though you had some major players, like Afina. I use to think she was legendary, like some sort of goddess at roleplaying. Wonder where she got off too?
DF AQW  Post #: 61
12/27/2014 14:26:41   
Legendium

@TJ

Spoiler alert on that family tree, eh? Now I know the connection between Toric Varro and Lily Valguard. ;)
Also, I don't think we really need the old "gods of RP" anymore. We have entered a paradigm shift, and that is when gods are forged.
(That sounded very... revolutionary. I surprised myself there.)

Anyways, expect a bio soon. At first I wanted to go with an alchemist, but now I think I'm going to make a saboteur. Oh, and by te way, Arthur, in the course descriptions wouldn't a paladin be Alchemy and Sword Arts, instead of Sword Arts * 2?
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 62
12/27/2014 14:44:10   
TJByrum

@Legendium: Still a lot of stuff you don't know. Like, why Toren is even got her in the Darkwald to begin with.
DF AQW  Post #: 63
12/27/2014 14:47:45   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Legendium,

I guess you're right. I'll take care of that.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 64
12/28/2014 3:37:10   
Bastet

@Legendium: Couldn't have said it better myself.
Post #: 65
12/28/2014 5:31:22   
Legendium

Name: Malqwen Ah'zan
Race: Human

Skills:
Foundation Skills: (I took the liberty of taking three since they're very underpowered compared to what others can do)
- Tinkerer: Malqwen lived on an airship nearly all his life, and often helped around the ship in various tasks requiring mechanical expertise. He's no expert, per se, but he knows his way around various constructs, including locks.
- Agility: Also due to where he lived, Malqwen has developed very good climbing abilities. After all, when living on an airship, someone has to repair the inevitable cuts on the ballon that come during hailstorms.
- Hawking: Malqwen owns an osprey named Mawik, whom he has trained to catch small birds from the sky and fish from the sea. He's by no means good at it, and if he lands a catch, it's usually because Mawik felt like it.
Year 2 Starting Power:
- Basic Swordplay: With the basics down, Malqwen can thrust, parry, block and slice effectively. His edge alignment still needs work and he's not very good with a shield, but he can still make do in a fight.
- Also note that tinkering and hawking would likely get better.
Year 3 Starting Power:
- Sneaking and Evasion tactics: Basically what he's learned in rogue arts. I haven't really much of an idea what he's going to learn, to be honest.
- Note that despite not taking sword classes in this year, he will be practicing in spare time, and thus his level will rise to apprentice or so. Hawking and Tinkering will also continue to increase, and his climbing skills may as well depending on what is in the rogue lessons.
Year 4 Starting Power:
- Saboteur Skills: I'm not certain what a saboteur is, but hey we'll find out, won't we? I have the feeling it entails silently taking down foes with in combat, but I'm still unsure.
- By now sword level will have risen to adept, sneaking will have gotten good too and most other skills.
- He will probably start combining these skills as well, like using Mawik, his climbing skills and self-made gadgets in combat and stealth.
Courses:
First Year Study Option: Sword fighting
Second Year Study Option: Rogue Arts
Third Year Study Option: Saboteur
Fourth Year Study Option: Saboteur

Appearance: Malqwen comes from the southern deserts of An'Dijot, and as such, his skin is deeply tanned. His hair is a deep black that falls in loose curls over eyes as green as emeralds. They often have a mischievous, yet friendly, glint in them, and his mouth usually tends to have a slight smile.
He is short, but muscular, and he has a few scars on his hands from when he called Mawik to him without hawking gloves on.
Malqwen usually wears brown leather pants, a green shirt and a light grey button-up vest with a pocket for a pocket watch he built himself. He has a dark grey leather trench coat padded with lamb's wool for when in cold areas. He usually wears goggle-glasses when on his family's ship or during training, as they provide a much more secure fit, but he has a more basic set of copper-wire spectacles for everyday tasks. Specially designed for when tinkering with mechanics, Malqwen has a special set of magnifying glasses of differing size and intensity, which he can connect to his normal set of goggles. I think I may be able to find a picture, but I hope you guys know what I mean.

Personality: Malqwen is a rule breaker. One thing he loves doing is pushing boundaries to the limit, regardless of the risks. That's why he always climbed way higher than sometimes necessary on the airship, just to test his limits. It's also the reason why he chose to get an Osprey with a temper; he just enjoys taking risks. He's the kind of guy who loves heights, interrupting teachers, wandering around at night, climbing on the school's facilities, etc. It infuriates teachers who hate him even more that he's not a failure, and his grades are rather above average.
However, he only acts this way when people are watching. It's like he feels the need to prove that he is capable of doing these things, which in a way is connected to his fatal flaw of envy. Malqwen gets jealous extremely easily. Being used to being one of the best in class, one thing Malqwen hates is when others are better than him. If this is the case, he usually will challenge them to duels almost anywhere, trying to beat them (sometimes using foul play) until he has proven himself to himself again. He's definitely not a bully; but he certainly can be if he feels his ego is threatened. Most of the time he is an amiable colleague though.
When alone, he usually acts very calm and reserved, and it is in times like these that he tends to pull out all his bits and pieces of metal and play around with them, or if he's outside, he'll go hawking.

History: Malqwen was the second son of a family of three. In the culture from which his parents came that meant he was the one who was overlooked the most. His brother, the firstborn, was going to be sent to the capital of An'Dijot to become a knight. His younger sister, the third born, was going to take over the airship after Malqwen's parents died and would likely inherit all their wealth. Nobody made plans for Malqwen, because he was the middle child.

At any rate, this doesn't mean he led a bad life. Naturally, his sister and brother got to do all the fun stuff. Malqwen's father taught his older brother the ways of the sword whenever possible, and Malqwen's mother would teach economics and trading to his younger sister. Malqwen was usually left to his own devices.
Most of the time, he would work with the crew. Down in the hold, he would help with the machinery, and thus developed his interest in mechanics. Outside on deck, he would help with repairing things, tugging on ropes and so on.
Naturally, Malqwen did always seek his parents' attention. That's why he would climb to dangerous heights and do other things. His whole risk taking trait was developed because of neglect from his parents, and the rule breaking one was because breaking rules proved most effective. His fatal flaw of envy was developed because of his siblings; they got all the attention even though Malqwen just knew he would be better than either of them given the right training.
When he was ten, he found Mawik. His parents had docked near a cliff in north Friesland, and Malqwen had seen the ospreys circling above it, which piqued his interest. Abandoning the ship while everyone was in town, he climbed the cliffs and stole one of the hatchlings from the nest. This was enough to get the attention from his parents for a bit. They scolded him for leaving the ship and doing something so dangerous, but they were impressed enough by his feat to buy him a pair of jesses, falconing gloves and a bird hood. Ever since, Malqwen spent most of his time either training Mawik or sitting somewhere high tinkering with his machinery and watching Mawik fly around. Mawik was very similar to Malqwen. He broke rules, often ignoring Malqwen's commands, but in the end he was always faithful and would come back. That's why Malqwen has no problem letting Mawik fly around unhindered.

Around his fifteenth birthday, Malqwen's parents got wind of an academy known as Vanguard Academy where heroes could be trained. As Malqwen was coming to the age where something must be done with him, they simply decided to send him there. They let him choose his courses and so on; after all, he was in the end just the middle child and as soon as he was free from his parents, they wanted nothing more to do with him.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 66
12/28/2014 6:50:45   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Legendium,

One big mistake. Skills here means Magical skills. The skills you've mentioned are non-magic and can be added in your bio separately(if you wish). But that particular section needs to have magical skills. o.O

Rest all is okay. I see you brought a pet with you.^^
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 67
12/28/2014 7:26:17   
Bastet

@Arthur
Does that mean that any and every character is forced to possess magical skills?
Post #: 68
12/28/2014 7:30:37   
Legendium

@Arthur

I did say that Malqwen is entirely unmagical. He has no magical skills. So I filled that section with non-magical skills.
DF MQ Epic  Post #: 69
12/28/2014 8:33:12   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

Hmm...

I guess it's fine then. In fact, we've never had non-magical students at Vanguard Academy so this should add a nice twist to the concept. I hope your character is able to handle himself, Legendium.

Accepted. Welcome to VA. :)

@Bastet, Nope. Not at all.
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 70
12/31/2014 2:51:16   
Zephyrial

Well, I know that you recommended that we create new bios... but I had great ideas for this guy, and I was devastated when the original Academy closed down and I wasn't able to put them in motion. So, if it's alright, I'd like to give it another try.

Name: Gaius Arvain
Race: Human

Skills:

Foundation Skills: Rudimentary control of magic. Gaius can manipulate mana in an imprecise manner, producing ill-defined blasts of magic suited only for offensive purposes. He also possesses the ability to divine the location of - and recognise - nearby people by sensing their auras.

Year 2: Control of magic increases. His offensive blasts become more powerful and reliable. Gaius can imbue inorganic objects with raw mana, which can then be released in various imaginative ways or, with patience and concentration, slowly change the physical form of said object.

Year 3: Advanced understanding of magic. Gaius can produce barriers that can absorb magical power and redirect it for his own use. He can also utilise small portions of energy from existing sources (such as a raging fire) to supplement his own strength or heal minor wounds.

Year 4: Mastery of magic. Gaius can channel mana through his own body for short periods of time, exponentially increasing his offensive capabilities, and also granting him several other powers, such as greatly increasing his resistance to physical attack (a’la ‘Mage Armour’), low level levitation and basic telekinesis.

Courses:

First Year Study Option: Alchemy
Second Year Study Option: Alchemy
Third Year Study Option: Alchemy
Fourth Year Study Option: Alchemist

Appearance: Gaius is a small, unassuming child, short of stature and delicate in form; he stands at about 5'7", well below that of his peers, and is as slender as any boy can be. Ocean blue eyes frame his gentle, almost cherubic face, and his straight auburn hair falls almost to his shoulders. His visage positively demands glasses, but his eyesight does not warrant them. As is, he gives off an air of vulnerability that can inspire cruelty or pity, depending on who is beholding him. Despite this, however, he maintains an almost perpetual look of determination on his face as he goes about his business, providing a window into his bold heart.

Other notes: His right leg has been rendered useless by a deformity at birth – it is wizened and wasted, and cannot support his weight. He must walk with a crutch at all times, and always wears full-length robes or trousers to hide the ruined limb from others.

Personality: Gaius is a quiet and studious soul, fiercely devoted to his task of developing his own magical abilities. He delights in passive activities, most notably the act of seeking greater heights of knowledge in the words of musty tomes and dusty scrolls. His motives are pure, and he is diametrically opposed to those who seek power only for their own profit. Despite his introverted nature, Gaius is exceedingly personable, and is always happy to talk or share his knowledge with others. His disability is understandably a sore topic, though he is gradually accepting it as part of who he is. He has nothing but disdain for those who pick on the weak.

History: Gaius’ disability has shaped his path from birth. Condemned by fate to walk with a crutch for the course of his natural life, Gaius was alienated by the other boisterous children residing in his tiny country hamlet, and lived under the shadow of his father’s disappointment. He spent the vast majority of his childhood devouring the few books that found their way into the village store, and he was well liked by the majority of adults of his acquaintance, especially his beloved schoolteacher.

Then, the Shadowscythe returned. Almost immediately the village mobilised, reinforcing its boundaries and preparing to defend itself. Every child – girl and boy – trained in the arts of sword fighting and archery alongside the adults… all except for Gaius. Dejected, he spent his time squirreled away in an abandoned barn, attempting to decipher a mysterious coded journal pawned by a passing stranger. With patience and application, he eventually cracked the code and read the journal – ‘A Treatise on Mana and Magic’.

Gaius quickly discovered his own magical ability through study of the tome, and returned in triumph to his village to relate his discovery – only to find it gone, ransacked by the Shadowscythe. His mother was among the victims of the attack, and in his grief Gaius’s father cursed his name, and disowned him. Wracked with regret, but with new-found purpose, he gathered his meagre belongings and set off for the one place where he could truly belong – Vanguard Academy.

< Message edited by Zephyrial -- 12/31/2014 3:07:23 >
Post #: 71
12/31/2014 2:54:22   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

@Zephyrial: Good to have you back.^^

I just wanted to bring to your attention that you can now add one more First Year Power.

Other than that, Gaius is welcomed back to Vanguard Academy.^^
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 72
12/31/2014 3:05:51   
Zephyrial

Right-o, updated. I didn't want to change it up too much, so we'll leave it at that! I also had to edit to add in an appearance section. My bio isn't in that Gdoc and the local one I have saved is seemingly a little incomplete. All is well now, though!

It's great to be back!
Post #: 73
12/31/2014 3:12:49   
Draycos777

Looks like VA is officially open with four students now:) I look forward to learning with you all :P
AQ  Post #: 74
12/31/2014 3:16:50   
Arthur
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

I have sent a PM to Ronin requesting permission to start the IC. The Gates should be opening shortly. :)
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Gaming Community] >> [Role Playing] >> Role Playing >> RP OOC >> RE: Vanguard Academy OOC-Recruiting(Students&Tutors)
Page 3 of 10«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition