Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Unplayable PVP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Unplayable PVP
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/1/2015 10:29:32   
Lord Machaar

When players reach lvl 38, they start meeting lvl 40s of all ranks.

Many friends of mine reached lvl 38 and told me that pvp is unplayable at that stage.
I wanted to give it a shot, since I had a pretty good build. But I faced same results. So I thought about putting a limitation to the ranks of level 40s you face.

NPCs option is there, but I thought since this game is PVP based, you should be able to enjoy this feature at any level, class...

What do you think about this guys, and do you think putting limitations to ranks will higher the waiting time?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/1/2015 17:03:17 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
1/1/2015 11:13:08   
Remorse

I think they need to fix legendary ranks so it's not a broken feature dragging the game down.

Epic  Post #: 2
1/1/2015 11:16:26   
Lord Machaar

Yeah, I think they had a break after all the great "Balance" they have done. It would be great to get paid for tearing a game apart.

I personally don't have a problem, because this problem is temporary, and soon I will reach level 40, but not everyone like me and won't quit.

I refuse to do NPCs intensively, because in the end this is a pvp game. I will give 2vs2 a shot. Even though I made a promise not to play it again.
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
1/1/2015 11:16:30   
Justingbieberfangirl

Tbh ranks were broken from the start. You don't see a lot of people complaining about other level ranges... Yes there are few posts there and here but there is nothing you can do about those because of the search times.

There are two obvious solutions which they should implement asap.
1.) Remove the ranks
2.) Change the ranks so they aren't as beneficial in pvp.
Post #: 4
1/1/2015 11:23:58   
Lord Machaar

Took me some edits to get this post legit, because AKs don't understand the you can't post anything about this matter without a sense of frustration because frankly, this is tearing the game apart.

I hope this problem will be looked into, when devs come back from their vacation.
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
1/1/2015 13:30:19   
Mother1

@ Justingbieberfangirl

That suggestion has been made quite a few times however while this would greatly help those's who have to face these players, anyone who has spend varium to rank up or for boosts will call foul. Especially since something like this happened once before in the form of having enhancements removed from the game.

So without any form of compensation that is fair the player base who did buy these ranks and/or boosted to get them will be dealing with enhancement removal 2.0.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/1/2015 14:19:26   
One Winged Angel1357

@Mother I think the main reason people called foul with enhancements was not because they were removed but because of the ROI players had on them.

If we could change the reward for ranks from a PvE/PvP reward to a cosmetic reward and put out an offer for any players with legendary ranks at the time of update to claim a fair compensation the outcry should be less than that of the enhancements outcry.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/1/2015 14:24:03   
The Jop

Well, it's playable, you just lose a lot. I'm not a fan of it really; maybe they should account for rank when matching people for battle.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/1/2015 15:01:45   
Mother1

@ the Jop

That would work well if they had a backup plan installed for the isolation it would cause. Thanks to legendary ranks giving power the staff had outcry like this before and the result was cutting the level range of the most isolated group even more.

Especially during hours when the server aren't at peek hours.

Players who are level 40 with huge amounts of ranks would be really hard pressed to find fights that aren't NPC especially if anyone within their range isn't on and/or playing the same battle mode as them.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/1/2015 15:18:54   
Justingbieberfangirl

@Mother 1
way way back wasn't it when you could buy a varium pack and you unlocked everything? And they had to change it because it was too strong n so on.

Yes players will quit but just like with the enhancements they have been abused (a bit because they give you like 5 lvl advantage n so did enchantments) but that is NO REASON TO NOT NERF THEM.

E.g. If you buy the assault bot which has a core which makes you win every time just because of its OP core then don't complain when it gets *Use common sense Hmmm I win every time with this item now WHY on the earth would they nerf it or change the way it works?*

nerfed because somewhere in there there is something that said that staff is allowed to do what ever they want with ingame stuff as long as it helps the game *Something along the lines of that*
@Topic

And for people saying that people will quit. To them I say that 1.) People will quit any way and
2.) People who are NPCing because of how broken the ranks are. Are going to do quiet a bit more battles *Because battles are interesting instead of doing the same thing over and over again*
Tl;Dr
(Too Long To Read Didn't Read.)

Just because someone spent money on it doesn't mean that the game must suffer.
Post #: 10
1/1/2015 16:55:58   
Lord Machaar

^ For god sake, do you have to implement Assault bot being op in every post? I have edited this post many times so it doesn't get deleted by AKs, and you keep trolling with these posts like nothing happens. I think a moderator should look into this, because what is so called "AKs" do not know what does trolling mean.

- Back to topic.

As I mentioned before, this is a temporary problem, which you can bypass through many ways, NPCs or 2vs2 if you are lucky enough, taking consider that jugg is borken atm.

For NPCs: I don't like them frankly, I like to play for what the game is there for. 2vs2: is just broken, when you are a level 38 or lower, and team up with a 40, against TWO level forties is just insane.

Since many ED forum guys are lvl 40, this problem will be never spoken of, and when I reach level 40, I won't be talking about it frequently, since I will be dealing with new "porblems".

So when devs don't see frequent posts about this problem, it doesn't mean it's fixed, for the simple reason that the forums don't reflect the whole ED player base, and only a few guys post here, a fewer of them dedicated players put posts about current game problems from a general view. Not taking in consider the class they are currently playing, or the build they are using.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/1/2015 20:30:12 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 11
1/2/2015 8:05:44   
MrBones

Well I agree that the ranks system do not work or maybe work too well when you happen to have unlock a lot of them. The problem this game (and most small web browser games) faces is longevity.
How do you keep players entertained enough so they keep on login in, playing and of course, spending money.

Now with that being said, are the ranks really broken ? I do not believe so. To me, the problem lies in the player base.. or the lack of one.
There is just not enough players.

On one side, you have what I call 'general population' from level 40 (rank 5 at most) all the way down to level 1. This represent about 95% of ED player base. The other 5% are the high rank players.
The problem is that the general population is not big enough to mix and blend the 5% well. If the general population was high enough, you would only encounter these 5% once in while.
You would get a lost, feeling that lost was legitimate since the player was so strong and move on. This problem would not even be pointed out.

Another thing to keep in mind is the efforts and time players put on the game. Even by doing NPCs, getting to a high rank is a lot of work. This also means that those players have been playing for a long time and are fully part of the community.
A player doing that certainly deserve a reward that should be proportionate to the efforts, energy, time and money invested. The ranks, as they are now, are fair for those players.

With the new 'evolution' phase coming in, I am very curious as to where the developers will take this game. Omega is failure on so many levels. The game is heavily wounded but still not beyond recovery.
- Will they go for the new trend in web gaming and add micro-transactions all over the game ?
- How will they fix the Juggernaut system ?
- Will they bring passives back ?

I could go on for days on all the questions left unanswered. They [the developers] cannot wait for 9 year old kids in the forum to come up with the genious solution for all the game problems. They need to step-up.

EpicDuel have a tremendous amount of potential. They might be giants.. but why aren't they ?

Epic  Post #: 12
1/2/2015 8:37:02   
Lord Machaar

^ I see what you did there, already mentioned in many of my posts I said that player base is the main problem of balance, which means, if ED had, like before that 3k players on their servers, level range first of all will be decreased, since now it's almost impossible to meet a level higher or lower than you by 5 levels. And this with an amount of players between 500 - 300.

Imagine if the player base was bigger enough to get the level range down to two levels or even one (works with ranks also). You only meet players with level higher or lower then you with one level.

That's it, a major problem of balance will be sorted out, and devs will be dealing with smaller problems. In a smaller range. But how to get players back? ED Revolution, not sure...

I wouldn't say that ranks system is the problem now, but the +1 level worked pretty well also. Back in beta, when there was level 32 as level cap and we were patiently waiting for level 33. Even the period between level 32 and the increasing of level cap is just boring, because you earn nothing for your wins. Yes, ranks system came to solve this. But did ranks system dodged bringing more problems? I believe not, it just generated and gave birth to others. And this shows the lack of long term vision of devs.

But heck, who gives a flying potato? it's O-muga.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/2/2015 8:50:08 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/3/2015 0:54:50   
PenyihiR

Epicduel battle system is already broken, and seems like it's always had motto that sayin "Unfair Battle All the Way"

Long live unfair battle!
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/3/2015 1:06:12   
Nightmarefang

To give some perspective from a level that doesn't encounter 40's, I'm finding pvp unplayable due to matchmaking and (my) luck. I've been 1v1ing for the past hour and a half or so, and I've won 4 fights. I've only encountered 4 lower levels, and I only beat 2 of them. I went first twice in total and still lost both, in every lost match I've been either blocked or crit'ed or deflected at least twice in each. I was 2v2ing for 2-3 hours the other day to get enough wins for a mission, only 3 or 4 times were the teams exactly even or tipped to my side. the blocking/critting/deflecting/first turn I understand really comes down to the RNG hating me, but the matchmaking is still awful. This has probably been suggested before somewhere, but maybe it'd be nice if they could implement filters on battle searching so that you could adjust the range of levels you'd fight.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 15
1/3/2015 1:37:09   
Remorse

^ What you are experiencing.

Is result of low variety.

Of coarse luck would be the main decider when the builds you verse are variants of the same thing.

Don't blame RNG and poor matchmaking, blame the devs for removing passives and variety along with it.
Epic  Post #: 16
1/3/2015 3:02:12   
Oranges366

It is a big problem, but the best you could do is select the Overpowered class and build right now and just hope for the best maybe.
AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/3/2015 3:05:00   
Mother1

@ oranges366

It is because of this that we have those who don't want to do this, complain about this, and eventually leads to the nerfing of said class/build.

The more they nerf variety to more of these sheep builds we will see.

As the game is now you are punished for being creative while rewards for being a sheep and it shouldn't be this way.
Epic  Post #: 18
1/3/2015 5:53:37   
Remorse

^ Nerfing is not the problem.

They just need to add variety.

The reason why nerfing is ineffective is because of low variety.

Don't put nerfing on the same page as lowering variety, because both buffs and nerfs can have the same result of lowering variety.

For instance, when they gave bounty hunters static grenade rather then EMP, the result was a buff for them while also lowering variety by making classes similar in energy capabilities.

Arguably, it has been recent buffs to classes that has harmed variety the most, not necessarily nerfs.

But then again it's neither, buffs and nerfs are not the same thing as variety change though that can be the result of it.

Also adding variety doesn't have to be a buff or a nerf either.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/3/2015 5:56:28 >
Epic  Post #: 19
1/3/2015 6:48:33   
Lord Machaar

^ I don't see how variety can solve the ranks problem.

Sure, variety should be brought back to game. But will it solve all of the problems or will it create others?

Variety will be effective in battles between same level (or 1 - 2 level differences) battles, but how about 38s vs 40s, or rank 1 lvl 40 and rank 196 lvl 40.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/3/2015 6:49:32 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 20
1/3/2015 7:01:49   
Remorse

^ True,

This is a separate problem on it's own.

However, here is idea.

What if they hit two birds with one stone and use the legendary system to add variety?

For instance,

What if legendary points were spent on changes to your class which were nether good nor bad merely different, allowing for new builds concepts.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/3/2015 7:02:05 >
Epic  Post #: 21
1/3/2015 18:31:50   
king altoen

That is the exact Argument I had in a previous post. It's totally absurd that I had to face EDZO at rank 60 while I just hit 38.
Epic  Post #: 22
1/3/2015 19:55:19   
Lord Machaar

^ This is just shows how the PVP system is broken at certain stages.

First time you might encounter REAL problems at PVP: Level 38.

Second time that you will encounter long term problems: Level 40 (Ranks) Problem.

NPCs should never be a need. IT must be an option, a secondary plan to small periods. Lack of credits, lack of experience in battles, testing you build, ranking up when your build doesn't work.

NOT playing PvP for 3 months because that will be insane. Many players are now going for hybrid plan, PVP for fun (Not that much fun), and NPCs at Power hours, which means, NPCing is a better choice, even better than PvPs? I mean that was back in beta, when NPCs wins were added to your record, but now it's not... And yet players still think NPCing is better.

Now you are obliged to quit pvp from lvl 38 to lvl 40 (rank 60). Is this a PvP game? If this game is PVP, shouldn't the devs focus more on this feature, which is the main supply of players? Instead of getting a thousand hair style each update and home decorations. Sure this is good, but I think the priority goes to PVPs, and currently ED devs are spending more time bringing home decorations than working on game balance. Which is really sad.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/4/2015 11:45:01 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 23
1/4/2015 11:35:52   
MrBones

I agree with Lord Machaar on his comment about updates. I am also feeling that most of these updates are empty. Artwork is great but in my opinion, the game is already overflowing with it.
I honestly don't see any use for more. To collect maybe ? Well in that case, a tiered cheevo will be needed because right now, it only takes 25k rarity points to get it.

Now since the Omega phase, all the gear is pretty much the same. You can 'enhance' any type of gear to top level and play with it.
Some have special locked cores that are favored by players but the theory is that you can play with whatever artwork you like. Old gear becomes get new again and stats points are customizable. You can even choose your armor res of def.
I wish I had to buy the cores only once and be able to move them around on my gear but hey, this is a business after all. It is what it is.

Updates on hair styles, house decorations end even missions are futile at this point. Players left. Clearly, it is not an artwork issue since all they did was pouring more and more artwork since Omega started.
Players left anyway and not many came back or are planning to so in the near future. Missions are limited by the game itself and are quickly becoming more of a burden than fun.
Even my dog gets tired of playing 'go fetch' after a while ...

I browsed around in this forum, read many thread and comments. There is almost no objectivity here. People will post comments about how they played for an hour or so, with 'insert random build' and lost a lot.
They'll complain that they got crited 'too much', they got blocked 'too much' and so on. And then the overused ''no balance'' argument will appear. Most of those comments are wildly biased of course.

Now from what I hear in the DN, they will try to get the gift feature permanent. This will become like the old war kills system, where players will blow money to simply be on the leaderboard.
Congratz to the developing team for recycling an old idea. Oh this may add traffic in the game, but no PvP battles. All you will see is players camping in rooms yelling 'GOGOGO GIFTS PLS', all eyes on Twitter.

This is just sad.

< Message edited by MrBones -- 1/4/2015 12:11:35 >
Epic  Post #: 24
1/4/2015 20:10:13   
Remorse

^
Completely agree.

And what annoys me the most is that they must be oblivious to this problem.

Either that or I have no explanation for their constant useless updates while neglecting core issues.

Or perhaps they simply do not care.
Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Unplayable PVP
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition