Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: Unplayable PVP

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Unplayable PVP
Page 2 of 2<12
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2015 14:28:42   
ambien

rly you fail to understand something here. at one time the the 40th levels were once 38th level an had the same problem as the 38th are having now. they did it an became 40th level. if it takes some npcs then do it. well all been their so rly it is not that big of deal.

ask any of the 40th ranks now an they will tell you the same they been their to.

my thoughts

always the syfy
Post #: 26
1/5/2015 14:42:32   
Drianx

quote:

rly you fail to understand something here. at one time the the 40th levels were once 38th level an had the same problem as the 38th are having now. they did it an became 40th level. if it takes some npcs then do it. well all been their so rly it is not that big of deal.

ask any of the 40th ranks now an they will tell you the same they been their to.

my thoughts

always the syfy

Well this is untrue. Many of the hardcore players leveled up quickly, when there were not that many high rank 40s around.
Now on the other hand, when lv38s get in the firing range of those high rank 40s, they get crushed over and over and over again.
Not even varium helps them now, unlike before Omega, when a fully equipped varium player could successfully win many matches against higher levels.

The main issue is that now, when varium doesn't help anymore and builds are extremely similar, matchmaking must be very tight, otherwise higher levels always win. But wth low population it is a problem.

This issue needs to be dealt with.

EDIT: the best suggestion I can come up with is - when a battle starts between a lv40 and a lv38 or 39, legendary rank bonuses (weapons damage and def/res bonuses) should be automatically disabled. This way the lv40 player would be downgraded to rank 1 for that battle. This should not apply in duels between lv40s.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/5/2015 14:51:09 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/8/2015 13:50:45   
Lord Machaar

^ Drianx is right.

If I played when level 40 just came out, I would have reached it within 3 days, Double EXP + Power Hour + Strenght build, 500 wins a day, and tell me I won't. And then, I will just enjoy PVP meeting players lower level than me.

But the problem is, there are some hardcore players, who broke the records, and maxed out their ranks within weeks. I won't blame them. They do have the right to enjoy the game and still have something to play for, anyone of us, will get to that stage.

The devs sure had to make something for high level players to look up for, including me, I will be lvl 38 for some days only, but ranks, it might take months, which will ruin the game.
MQ Epic  Post #: 28
1/14/2015 0:27:04   
Noobatron x3000

I have two 40s still low rank and trust me we get abused as much as the 40s do a lot has gone wrong with this game.

Sadly legend ranks were yet another thing. They make the balance issues that were already bad far worse.

30 extra primary damage per turn - 150 damage assuming you get 5 shots. 300 for 10 - 30 def/res - 150-300 less damage taken in a 5- 10 round game

Assuming your opponent ddoesnt have ranks that's a 300-600 point difference to boot that's massive. Far far far to much . Game breaking.

And I feel as though the server numbers would start to pick up again .

I've gone from playing 4-5 hours a day - to once to twice a month, Now once every few months (playing a new game I wont mention)

I would of never left epicduel I spent a lot of money here but legend ranks was one mistake to many sorry dev team . I will still play when the feeling arises every few months. But for the most part omega has told me its time me and ED say our goodbyes.
Post #: 29
1/14/2015 6:31:04   
Lord Machaar

^ That's sadly true, ranks ruined up the game for good. The fact that you are not being able to play PvP from level 38 to rank 60 is just insane... It's just... I hope there is something coming in the way to fix this.
MQ Epic  Post #: 30
1/14/2015 9:11:43   
Squrwogrona

@Machaar
In previous phases 2v2 was similar from level 24+-, thanks to juggernaut (which was more powerfull than rank 60 is now, imo), but at least we had strategy. 2v2 now is just more broken, but to say it is unplayable from lvl 38 up, people wouldn't play it if that were true. What I am seeing every day I log in and battle, people lose/win more thanks to RNG than an actual rank. Sometimes I get lvl 36 partner (I'm 27 rank now) against two lvl 40 and own them, other times I get 40 lvl partner against two lvl 39 and get my ass kicked bcs of one crit that decided the battle.

Battle engine needs a revamp, you as player don't decide if you win, the engine does it for you. I posted about this problem in several threads now, but generally what I am seeing is that people blame ranks, skills, builds, whatever, but not the real culprit, which is Omega RNG (i.e. "luck"). What I think, tone down luck, like a lot and then there will be sense to balancing things. Every balance change made till now just dances around this issue, almost like hm, lets do at least some balance so people can't say we do nothing, but really why waste time on mundane balance like swapping %, adding/lowering cooldowns when luck negates it all...

I've made my build, which is not perfect, but created with one thing in mind: how the system would work if there was no RNG. Well, the build works most of the time and when it doesn't, lets just say it is still worth it. Don't let me get started about those rude hypocrites, who just spout trash at you, doesn't even matter that luck favors them, but whatever.

Thing is, there are rare times when 2v2 battle lasts 20+ turns and like 1 crit block, stun or deflect procs, i.e. nearly zero interference from RNG. Those battles are most fun and are the most rewarding in a sense of accomplishment and it is like a breeze from pre Omega Epic Duel. That is my main reason for still playing. But the rest of battles in 2v2, (80% +-) are just result of luck favoring either your team, or enemy team. As I stated above, it should be ideally opposite, i.e. 80-90% skill, 10% luck

Hell, if the devs made a button "let your computer decide", they wouldn't need to change a thing in current mechanics. Which is bad. Horrible even. There, I've said my piece, now I'm gotta get roasted.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 1/14/2015 9:15:28 >
Epic  Post #: 31
1/14/2015 11:52:28   
.Sir Lazarus.

Maybe its still too early for that change in fight making calculations. Maybe we should wait a bit more before we ask to change that aspect of the game cause there not enough level 40s.
AQ AQW Epic  Post #: 32
1/14/2015 11:59:54   
Squrwogrona

@ Lazarus
If you think it helps... but we're going in circles here, bcs 36-39 suffer in whatever mode they play. And many 40's are over rank 60 and what is there for them? Nothing. Rest of 40's, myself included, are somewhere in the middle, bcs we can still grow to rank 60; is it enjoyable? Hell no. 5 battles for every hundred for me... toning down luck would at least be a big step in the right way for everyone. Out of curiosity, are there some statistics how many new accounts made it to lvl 30+ and are still playing? Personally, I think not many.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 1/14/2015 12:05:57 >
Epic  Post #: 33
1/14/2015 19:04:12   
Lord Machaar

@SirLazarus
Most balance problems are due to the:
- Lack of calculations.
- Lack of testing.

Devs base on theories more than practical plans. Which is really sad.
Such features should be tested intensively before coming out to life, because they decide the future of the game.
I'm not talking about lowering the energy cost of some cores and its outcomes, because that is reversible.
Ranks, nope, Enhancements, nope, passives, nope....
Such things have great influence over the game's future, yet devs tend to have theoretical long term vision of it.
Now the game is merely playable from level 38 to rank 60. And this will remain for a very long time until solutions will be found, which I hope won't profound the current problems.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/14/2015 19:05:56 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 34
1/14/2015 19:13:23   
RageSoul

^Emphasis on testing . Every time a balance update comes , it's completely random without what direction a class / skill is supposed to be ( it was clear back in Delta ) . Example would be TLM's recent Frenzy change ( from HP only to HP/EP only ) .
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/16/2015 7:46:42   
Lord Machaar

Oh great look, the PvP is unbalanced.
Wha? what?
LET'S LAUNCH A WAR.

Yeah right. Hands down, catch ya laterz.
MQ Epic  Post #: 36
1/16/2015 8:38:04   
The berserker killer

There are only 6/7 players who didn't have to feel the pain of being a level 38 vs 40 so your argument is invalid when you say that many players leveled up quickly. I'd be glad to name those 6/7 players too. The point is that lvl 38 is hard but you can do other things like npc or 2v2 or jugg . There are lvl 40s who haven't done a single PVP until rank 60.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 37
1/16/2015 19:08:59   
Xendran

This game has been around for a long time.
Anything that truly matters to them has already been fixed.
Anything that hasnt been fixed by now, don't expect it to ever be. Tweaked, modified and changed a bit? Sure. Fixed? No.

< Message edited by Xendran -- 1/16/2015 19:09:45 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 38
1/16/2015 19:11:55   
Lord Machaar

Amen

Gifts pomped some $$, and they are all crazy about it now, they came up with a permanent idea within days after it was over.

Balance? Mehh, what is that? A bacon burger? Does it produce $$? No? Alright then give it to Rabblefroth.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/16/2015 19:16:53 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 39
1/27/2015 14:15:53   
RaXZerGamingZ

wel , the game isnt exactel FAIR already in my opinion , tons of rich players buy tons of varium to get robots high rated classes robots , bikes basicly everything in the game , i know this fastreply will be removed , but the game isnt fair itself
Post #: 40
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: Unplayable PVP
Page 2 of 2<12
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition