Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Botters - A Serious Issue

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Botters - A Serious Issue
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/5/2015 5:44:08   
King Bling

I have seen numerous amount of botters, now a day, its clearly visible since, they play wrong skills at wrong time, this is not to be ignored, I have seen many botters rank up 5 to 6 ranks in just a weeks time, which is not much but for a botter it is, I suggest to bring back the Capche or basically the thing that used to be there around Beta-Delta where you had to enter a code every 10 battles or so, therefore not encouraging botting furthur, implement it asap, because these numbers of botters are increase, making me feel to bot with an op str build as well ( Wont though ).
Post #: 1
1/5/2015 8:34:26   
a non varium player

supported, cz many botters.
Post #: 2
1/5/2015 9:12:20   
Mother1

I support this 100 percent.
Epic  Post #: 3
1/5/2015 9:17:33   
comicalbike

supported
Epic  Post #: 4
1/5/2015 12:47:50   
suboto

not support because that was extremely annoying haveing to type that every 10 battles id rather have something new

< Message edited by suboto -- 1/5/2015 12:48:04 >
Epic  Post #: 5
1/5/2015 14:22:36   
king altoen

Rofl sometimes I end up dying to those full strength abuse, 0 dex Autoattack botters, because they fail to block.
Epic  Post #: 6
1/5/2015 14:30:39   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

@Subuto, a few letters or numbers every 10 battles is not a huge amount. You chat in battle right? But yes I fully support this and would like to see it considered.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/5/2015 18:31:23   
suboto

That maybe so but haveing to type randomly ever 10 battles would rather hurt the game play experience how about a pop up that says something like advice for battle or such then u scroll down and click ok.
Also another way to end the botters would be a new report button in pvp that has report for botting and if enough reports go in they get loged out for 2hours wait time.
Epic  Post #: 8
1/5/2015 19:18:07   
lionblades

I remember in the old days of ED we had to type something in every x number of battles to make sure you were not botting (captcha program I think)
AQW  Post #: 9
1/5/2015 21:47:30   
Daph Duck

You are soooooo right this is a very serius problem sometimes I fite the same botter 10 times in a row and they and i always do the same thing and the match always ends the same this is another thing causing the LACK OF VIABLE VARIETYS please stop botters we are here to have FUN if people wanted to fight the smae thing over and over they would npc! Bring back captcha not just every 10 battles but EVERY SINGLE battle U should enter a capchas because I am SICK of TIRED of botters.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/5/2015 23:43:15   
Remorse

The fact botters can win simply by striking is proof the game mechanics are completely broken.

This is also the result of what happens when you remove visable loses from a characters record just like I said in defence of not removing loses.

Personally I would prefer if they fixed these two things before adding battle captcha as they most likely not need to.
Epic  Post #: 11
1/6/2015 0:08:13   
Daph Duck

I agree with you remorse! Viable losses need to be visible.
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/6/2015 2:37:03   
Mother1

@ Remorse

There were botters even before loses became invisible so please stop trying to make it seem like the making of loses invisible has started this.
Epic  Post #: 13
1/6/2015 4:56:32   
King Bling

I cant hold back this name, this guy , Judas Fatalis, he botted yesterday, got in top 5 1vs1 lb, like 300+ wins, he ranked 3 times from 25 to 28. I cant believe that.........too much
Post #: 14
1/6/2015 6:20:44   
Remorse

Of course not mother,

Their are multiple reasons why it's worse however.

Partly because thier is not much to lose (accept the risk of being banned)

And their is so much to gain.

In particular legendary ranks would be a high contributing factor since it basically a grindable unfair advantage.

Both legendary ranks and hidden loses would be the cause for the peak in bot users.

Changing legendary ranks also has the added benefit of adding balance.

And I still can't see why loses are hidden now their is a mute option.

< Message edited by Remorse -- 1/6/2015 6:22:54 >
Epic  Post #: 15
1/6/2015 6:35:56   
Mother1

@ remorse

Is the mute feature in battle? I haven't checked yet myself but if it isn't in battle then the problem of harassment will still be there.
Epic  Post #: 16
1/6/2015 6:39:16   
Remorse

^agreed

If it's not in battles then perhaps they should make it as well.
Epic  Post #: 17
1/6/2015 6:45:15   
Mother1

@ remorse

I just checked it and you can indeed use it for battle. However even with this feature unless enough people persist about bringing records back to being visible or the staff changes their mind I doubt it will ever come back.

But back on topic even with records being shown there will always be people who don't care about their battle records and will bot to progress faster.

A good reason for the increased botting is because of how expensive things have become in omega due to the change. While the change in omega isn't the main reason for botters it is a reason why botting has spiked.
Epic  Post #: 18
1/6/2015 6:51:50   
Remorse

^
Your probably right.

However maybe making losses visable would be enough to prevent some potential botters.

And considering it has multiple upsides and no downsides I can think of thanks to muting they should consider it.

Plus I doubt it would be a hard thing to bring back, probs could take them less then an hour
Epic  Post #: 19
1/6/2015 19:58:08   
The berserker killer

you kknow whats a serious issue?first turn keeps going to people with 20 less support. im getting mad
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 20
1/6/2015 20:30:20   
king altoen

The only way to prevent botters is re implementing the battle captcha tbh.
Epic  Post #: 21
1/6/2015 21:00:54   
The berserker killer

I just had a lvl 40 with 2k energy say to me "Quick loss build. I get 21 xp a minute. Setting up my bot now" which, compared to me, I get 12 xp nearly every minute and a half for winning....Maybe we shouldget more xp for winning
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 22
1/6/2015 21:04:05   
king altoen

^ if that's the case then me lvl38 would be facing a bunch of rank 100+ in 1v1. More xp for wins = hardcore ED Athletes will become too ahead, therefore making the game more unbalanced.
Epic  Post #: 23
1/6/2015 21:45:55   
Inkwolf

My only problem with the captcha idea is that they have been making captchas harder and harder for real humans to read...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
1/6/2015 23:37:16   
The berserker killer

well if I weren't in a faction id be abusing botting right now. Log on for 400 losses, should take about 2 hours, get 2800 xp, spend an extra hour doing 100 npc wins during Power hour for about 2k more xp. Abuse
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Botters - A Serious Issue
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition