Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Forum sig advertising

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Forum sig advertising
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/8/2015 19:56:01   
Misty_kitty
How We Roll Winner
Dec14

What does the no-advertising rule for forum sigs cover?

Thanks!

< Message edited by Misty_kitty -- 1/8/2015 20:46:35 >
AQW  Post #: 1
1/9/2015 16:14:40   
Niki
Legendary AdventureGuide!

=AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules - Signatures
quote:

• Signatures may not advertise any external content, nor may they contain referral links or any viral ("do this if") content. Advertising Slogans for Clans & Clubs based on these forums are permitted as long as they are not misleading (eg "Click Here To Join My Clan" is ok, but "click here" or "check this out" are not).

• Advertising: Anything endorsing external (Non-AE) sites, anything that look like a commercial or political campaign. No Click-Me requests, referral or linking to prank sites. Linking to blogs, artist sites or social networks is allowed but the signature text or image should not mention the service name (linked content must be PG rated). Use common sense, and in doubt post it first in the Signature and Avatar Testing thread.
    DF MQ AQW  Post #: 2
    1/9/2015 22:29:15   
    Misty_kitty
    How We Roll Winner
    Dec14

Would asking people to vote for your entry in a forum contest such as the how we roll contest count?

AQW  Post #: 3
    1/10/2015 8:04:35   
    Kian
    Creative!

It's allowed. But if people vote for your piece because you tell them to, rather than them actually appreciating it, then what is the purpose of going through all the hassle of crafting your entry? This has always been strongly discouraged in the Here's How We Roll contest. Along the same lines are those who vote for someone because they know them, without taking the effort of reading or viewing what the others came up with. That is not the purpose of this contest. Its goal is, and always has been, an opportunity to show your talent to your fellow forumites. Not trying to assemble as many votes as you can. Winning should be a secondary, less important goal. Your primary target is to inspire others, appreciate the work of others, meet friends through the contest, and to let the world see what you're capable of.

Cfr. If a random famous person without any talent or passion makes something much less time-consuming and less detailed, and overall just delivers very subaverage content, he/she will probably still win because of the fame. That is the kind of behaviour that is trying to be tackled here, as this is a relatively small community, it's certainly possible to achieve non-biased voting. People should vote for what they personally believe they like best.

All this is what I tried to clarify in my private message to you. Hope this suffices.

< Message edited by Kian -- 1/10/2015 8:09:33 >
    AQ DF AQW  Post #: 4
    1/10/2015 15:34:26   
    Misty_kitty
    How We Roll Winner
    Dec14

My apologies, Kian. But thank you for clarifying it =]
    AQW  Post #: 5
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [AE Forum Resources] >> Forum Support and Suggestions >> Forum sig advertising
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition