Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

High Ranks Get Low Level Partners In 2vs2 Most Of The Times!

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> High Ranks Get Low Level Partners In 2vs2 Most Of The Times!
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2015 4:47:51   
King Bling

As the title says, discuss.
Post #: 1
1/9/2015 5:01:57   
Mother1

They do this as a somewhat odd way to try and balance out the fights and make them more fair.
Epic  Post #: 2
1/9/2015 7:09:20   
beaststyles

It makes sense. I am a low rank and I get them too.

Would a level 90 rank expect to get a level 40 while a rank 1 gets a level 36?
Post #: 3
1/9/2015 13:41:32   
King Bling

If you get a partner lower than 40 its 50% lose already, either you dont really play 2vs2 or you are a noob. When you will get 50 times low level people and lose all those times due to their foolishness you will get what I mean.
Post #: 4
1/9/2015 13:46:02   
The berserker killer

I kinda like getting 38s because of the extra xp I get for winnig. but 2 months ago I got a lvl 35 and....yeah you know how the story goes
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
1/9/2015 16:17:46   
Lord Machaar

2vs2 is just broken, on so many levels, it's just... a messy battling mode.

A clicky here to know what I'm talking about: http://puu.sh/duEVH/1ffe51123c.jpg
P.S they started first. And from that battle I decided to quit this battle mode.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/9/2015 16:21:09 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/9/2015 16:23:04   
Mother1

@ lord machaar

If what Variation told me is true then the Exile vs legion filter is still playing a part in that sadly.
Epic  Post #: 7
1/9/2015 16:30:26   
Variation

They only removed the alignment time restriction. Meaning battles will indeed start faster, however if two Legions and Exiles happen to enter a 2v2 match then the teams will be decided by the alignments -- even if it results in an unfair match.
Post #: 8
1/9/2015 16:53:07   
Lord Machaar

I don't give a flying potato anymore, I quitted this battle mode, so let them do whatever they want.

Players number dropped down, it will be silly if they are keeping this filter for any longer.
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
1/9/2015 16:55:17   
Ranloth
Banned

@Variation
Got me curious, so I've asked the Devs about it, and the alignment restriction was removed completely - it decides by level, and then looks further away from yours (if it's taking too long), like it used to prior to the LvE filter.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/9/2015 17:17:42   
Variation

@Trans: I wouldn't have said something like that without seeing it pair based on alignments firsthand. Anyways, here is a screenshot of it pairing based on alignments (taken today).

ConQrR(Legion) is rank 111,

I'm(Legion) rank 106,

VANDRAK(Exile) is rank 13,

and Time Loop(Exile) is rank 11.

Therefore if the alignment pairing system was "removed completely," Time Loop would've had ConQrR as a partner and I would've had VANDRAK as a partner.

This is hardcore evidence that if there are two Legions and two Exiles in the room the battle engine will select teams based on alignment. Lord Machaar's screenshot even shows that, however I wasn't sure when he took it and the issue could've possibly been resolved, so I reconfirmed the pairing issue today.

< Message edited by Variation -- 1/9/2015 17:21:41 >
Post #: 11
1/9/2015 17:29:26   
Squrwogrona

As @berserker says, 2v2 has at least the option to earn extra xp and creds like in the old days when I was not at the top level. 1v1 gives so little xp and is so boring that I'd choose 2v2 any day. That doesn't mean that it is enjoyable though. Just lesser evil than 1v1. Honestly, if there is a notion to reduce low level partners so the result would be permanently 4x40, well lets not go there. Even with low levels, 2v2 battle takes sometimes forever and I don't want to spend 15+ min in a match everytime I click 2v2.

My opinion though, if u like loooong battles, then disregard this. Current RNG for me just doesn't promote long battles in the right way.

< Message edited by Squrwogrona -- 1/9/2015 17:32:58 >
Epic  Post #: 12
1/10/2015 0:53:54   
King Bling

There is still Legion Exile Barrier or whatever, just now I (Rank 36 ) and my friend Drogo ( Rank 74) Both Legion VS 36 ( Exile) And a 40 rank 3
Post #: 13
1/10/2015 2:34:06   
I Underlord I

Though Rank undercut bonus should exist (to an appropriate lesser extent) as the Level undercut does, I'm not sure this is the case; have the developers mentioned anything about this?

To my knowledge (please do correct me if I'm wrong), the Design Notes have not revealed any such amendment, and the first turn formula has not been changed with respect to Legendary Ranks; thus, battles that are unfair as far as Ranks are bound to occur regardless of players' alignment, as has very often been the case for me.

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 14
1/11/2015 8:01:50   
beaststyles

@ Kin Bling .. Nice Judgement there.

Four you information when i was 38 I used to get a 40 partner vs 2 level 40s. I used to win quite often. All you need is a positive attitude and the ability to outsmart your opponent. What also helps is that because it 2 40s v 1 40 and 1 lower: they underestimate the team make them use reckless moves and loose. What makes many people loose is their mentality which makes them not try and hence they give up thinking there is 50% chance to loose anyway. Hmm... I wonder who thinks like that?

< Message edited by beaststyles -- 1/11/2015 8:14:09 >
Post #: 15
1/11/2015 12:35:35   
Lord Machaar

^ You would get a chance if your ally doesn't quit the battle. Which many do, knowing the result.
MQ Epic  Post #: 16
1/14/2015 0:33:59   
Noobatron x3000

Higher ranks should get lower partners till they fix ranks.
Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> High Ranks Get Low Level Partners In 2vs2 Most Of The Times!
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition