Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 9th, 2015 - Epic MMO EVENT: Gift Codes 2015

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 9th, 2015 - Epic MMO EVENT: Gift Codes 2015
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2015 18:00:07   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

January 9th, 2015
Epic MMO EVENT: Gift Codes 2015

It's a new year and we're already rushing out the gate with new features! The first is a new, reimagined gifting system! Rather than rehash the existing gift system, we've combined the excitement of giving gifts with the awesome power of PRIZE CODES!

With this new feature, accessible from the Varium shop, you will be able to create your very own prize code!

Choose your code, choose your prize time, choose your quantity, and share the code in game and on social networks! All your generated codes, including the number of redemptions remaining will be stored within this interface for quick reference.

NOTE: I should hope it goes without saying, but using inappropriate language in your codes will result in moderator action.

Pit your generosity against your fellow Duelists with competative daily and all-time leaderboards. These boards will track the number of code redemptions so you'll need to be craft to organize your buddies, fans, and followers to claim as many codes as possible. You'll also be rewarded with daily and all-time achievements!

Fame 2015

For the longest time, the Fame system in EpicDuel was completely external from the game client. This made the system vulnerable to exploits and very difficult to manage. Now, we've finally incorporated fame into the game client which will allow you to fame your friends and foes in and out of battle!

Click your friend, and click the arrow! Easy!

After you receive fame, you will receive a toast informing you that you were famed by another player. Be sure to fame them back and say, "Thanks!" Please don't beg for fame, though, as you can be reported for griefing/spamming. Please fame responsibly.

With this long-awaited revamp, we hope that this feature can become a more fair and engaging part of EpicDuel.

New Daily Missions

Guest Writer Trans has crafted several new daily mission chains! Sharpen your blades and load your bazookas as you come to the aid of the denizens of Delta V for great rewards! Be sure to check the Daily Missions tab to see the currently available mission.

New Year, New Loot

Visit The Endless' shop in Frysteland (assuming you've already unlocked it) to pick up some new seasonal, limited rares designed by Reki, T0mcat, and Revontheus!

If you've already got swords aplenty, then decorate your home with new interactive bobble heads based on your favorite EpicDuel NPCs!

Here's to a grand new year of sharing and dueling in EpicDuel!

Tags: Nightwraith
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/9/2015 18:10:38   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Random chance of an arcade token is nice, I like this feature. As well as achievements, looks to be a good update.

Regarding the daily and all time (If you can mention it now) will it be for example: 200 code redemptions is 500 rating, 400 is 1000 rating etc. Over time? Or will it not work in that way?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
1/9/2015 18:15:02   
The berserker killer

this hardly seems like an update. very disappointed mann
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/9/2015 18:16:04   
  Digital X

Well, they're adding in features to the game so it is an update in that perspective.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/9/2015 18:32:53   
Lord Machaar

New gifting system: Warlord 2.0

I hope everything runs well, because devs tend to abuse anything that players like, to the point that no one likes anymore.

Leaving special features for special events is more "special", insteading of abusing that system, it's better to create new special events... my point of view anyways.

MQ Epic  Post #: 5
1/9/2015 18:33:23   
Drianx

- A new varium cow
- Items for Endless Armor owners only
- Oh wow, an easier way to fame... really?

Nothing else.

Where's the tasty-sounding, mutating CC Endless Armor announced on Dec 31st Release Notes?
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/9/2015 18:33:59   
Inkwolf

Sounds cool to me. :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/9/2015 18:36:00   
Dual Thrusters

Yay, more free stuff

MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 8
1/9/2015 18:45:47   
  Digital X

I forgot about that Armour, when was it due?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/9/2015 18:51:38   
One Winged Angel1357

Endless shop aside i like the sound of this update. In-game fame means a less annoying process to fame but possibly harder to spread the word about daily fame attempts.
Custom codes mean i can actually reward viewers instead of asking about the ugly green sword, sorry guys might have to retire my army marker.
I am worried about pricing because a gift was roughly four bucks for 100 people so hopefully that benchmark stays
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/9/2015 18:51:54   
Drianx

@Digital X: It was due last Friday.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/9/2015 18:52:43 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/9/2015 18:54:39   
  Digital X

@Drianx, Oh. Don't remember seeing the date. Well achievements give me something to aim for, and I can always use the arcade tokens as I'd like to eventually max out every shop as a personal goal.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/9/2015 19:10:20   
Mother1

Epic duel has finally done something about fame. I am glad now people won't be able to cheat to win. Also gifting 2.0 sound interesting. Shame most likely non variums will be once again left out of all the fun of this feature.
Epic  Post #: 13
1/9/2015 19:18:00   
I Underlord I

My, this update seems interesting. I'll be sure to check out the new daily Missions, at least! ;)
As a side note: While I do appreciate all updates of any type, I do hope the progress on the Balance Tool and other such functions remains steady, as it is perhaps what is most requisite at this time.

quote:

Mother1 wrote:

Also gifting 2.0 sound interesting. Shame most likely non variums will be once again left out of all the fun of this feature.

Although I am a proponent for Varium granting nothing more than a "shortcut" for Credits as well as exclusive items that do not affect PvP (or PvE), gifting should logically remain Varium-only. Spending Credits to send Credits or items with Credit sellbacks, particularly if these amounts remain the same or similar, is nonsensical, unless the cost in Credits for producing a prize code is immense--in which case, it isn't worth implementing anyways.

As someone who cannot purchase Varium, I am more than a little dispirited that my ability to send gifts does not exist, but I understand why this must be the case. ^^

"Memories and thoughts age, just as people do. But certain thoughts can never age, and certain memories can never fade."
~ Haruki Murakami, The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle

AQ  Post #: 14
1/9/2015 19:20:04   
Lord Machaar

^ It's more like Warlord 2.0. Varium version. I think devs are preparing for the big retirement.

For Omega folks who don't know what I'm talking about.
You had to spend var to win that cheevo. It's an old system that I'm glad they removed.

Link: http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Warlord_(Achievement)

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/9/2015 19:23:13 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 15
1/9/2015 19:25:30   
One Winged Angel1357

Again before we say anything about this being a cash grab we need to see the price they are asking.

I have no problems saying something like war turrets is a cash grab because it did bugger all in the game except go towards a leaderboard but if they did this gift system right then I will stand by them.

My definition of right is fair asking price and not game breaking with the rewards. Shouldn't be a hard thing to get right with all the data they could have collected during the winter holidays so only time will tell
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/9/2015 19:28:47   
Thylek Shran

This seem to be a nice update. We now have a real chance to get the highest
fame achievement (Rockstar) and IP abusers no longer have a chance to cheat.
Im also curious for the new daily missions even that it does not improve the
game much. Personally I prever such updates much more than the weekly
weapon style spamming that is happening since 6 years.

v.35.3 (2016-01-23) ~ beam.to/shran
DF Epic  Post #: 17
1/9/2015 19:48:55   
Rayman
Banned

Kinda Nice and Needed Update, I have famed like 60 people already and got 30 back without doing nothing at all, seems fine to me.
Also With the Removal of fames at the char pages, the Char Pages looks kinda Ugly, I Guess it is time to add the Faction name, Alligment and The Rank, Also the Other Ranks (Emperor, Legend, Ect).

< Message edited by Rayman -- 1/9/2015 19:49:28 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
1/9/2015 19:52:29   
  Digital X

Just so I understand this new code addition:

>Make code
>Post on Twitter, Forums or wherever is acceptable
>People use my code, It tallys up into an achievement
>They and I gain tokens, fame etc from said code

Yes?

Edit: Did not see it costs varium to make a code and how many it can be made for. Blast.

50 players: 295 Varium
100 players: 495 Varium
200 players: 695 Varium
350 players: 895 Varium

Plus the addition of 495 to create aforementioned code.

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/9/2015 19:54:43 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/9/2015 19:55:52   
One Winged Angel1357

So far I have no issue with the code system seeing that a it is $5 for 100 people instead of $4. Eh not really a lose on me there but you can more than triple the amount of codes without tripling the price.

I feel like they are trying to coax you into larger codes by not increasing the price as much as they could without being outlandish. Seeing as there is also a leaderboard to go with that I don't think that is really a problem. Go big and reward more people as it isn't really going to hurt you that much on one buy.

Edit: Digi beat me to it but here is a picture instead of just words clicky

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 1/9/2015 19:56:16 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 20
1/9/2015 19:56:38   
Thylek Shran

^

Yes. Fame is optional and not included.
DF Epic  Post #: 21
1/9/2015 19:57:54   
  Digital X

Yeah, the price is OK. Not quabbling over that as such. Got a free Doom Hammer to clonk people with play with so that's fine :)
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
1/9/2015 20:00:49   
One Winged Angel1357

I got Exile War Sword and Concussive Shot x25

This will be an interesting system for sure
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/9/2015 20:09:34   
I Underlord I

quote:

Digital X wrote:

50 players: 295 Varium
100 players: 495 Varium
200 players: 695 Varium
350 players: 895 Varium

Plus the addition of 495 to create aforementioned code.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe there is an additional cost of 495 Varium to create the code; is that not just the cost for the "default" of 100 players? ^^

If anyone is interested, incidentally, pure Credits are gifted as 350 and the sellback of items and cores appears to be 250.
AQ  Post #: 24
1/9/2015 20:14:18   
  Digital X

Ingame with mates, they said it is the cost of making the code, plus the cost of the amount of people. But that's hear-say as far as I know, it seems to make sense to me. Any staff shed some light please?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 9th, 2015 - Epic MMO EVENT: Gift Codes 2015
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition