Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =ED= January 9th, 2015 - Epic MMO EVENT: Gift Codes 2015

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 9th, 2015 - Epic MMO EVENT: Gift Codes 2015
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/9/2015 20:35:29   
One Winged Angel1357

To my knowledge the price shown is the price paid
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 26
1/9/2015 20:36:30   
martinsen5

You can no longer fame yourself by the looks of it, not that it made any sense to do so either. Liking this system, though! Not making as much credits as before with the gifts, but hey. Also since the sell back price for random weapons is 250 I think people will use the 350 credit option instead, as people tend to sell the items anyway.
AQW Epic  Post #: 27
1/9/2015 20:58:06   
RageSoul

Not what i was expecting for "gifting the gifters" . Only the Credits are worth . Fame finally became easier to give , but oh well , an OK update though .
AQW Epic  Post #: 28
1/9/2015 21:07:30   
dfo99

great, now what about reset the fame lb? :D
Post #: 29
1/9/2015 21:35:32   
Zeruphantom

^ How would that work?

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 30
1/9/2015 21:36:02   
The berserker killer

I have to admit, the original gifting was much better, more fun, and way more rewarding
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 31
1/9/2015 21:44:52   
SMGS

It's pretty cool that fame has made its way as an ingame feature now... but I'm still sort of confused. How does Fame fit in with EpicDuel exactly? It seems to be one of the more bizarre features of that has caused the game to step backward, in some respects. Just from quickly skimming old Design Notes, the main goal of creating the feature was to "bring recognition to some of our best and friendliest players." I don't necessarily think this has actually been a goal that has been accomplished, in my opinion, anyway.

It instead has created an environment where begging or trading for fame seems to be commonplace and the creation of this feature allowed for that to happen. Obviously, I recognize the staff condone that type of behaviour, but it really has grown to the point where that matters very little. As if to further my point, I'm sitting in a random spot ingame and the first message I see in my chatlog is "f4f."

I'd be curious to the goals of implementing the Fame feature actually are. What purpose does it serve and what result does the team hope to get for keeping this feature around? And there has to be some sort of reason it exists otherwise it would be very much a wasted effort to fix it's exploits and move that feature in-game.
Post #: 32
1/9/2015 21:49:46   
Drianx

I'd rather say the previous gifting system was not rewarding, but horribly broken.

The only good thing was that you could gift to the entire room without the need to rush typing the code, but again, this also meant that many grabbed the gifts just by afk-ing there.

Many people managed to reach millions of credits within a short amount of time, while those who joined late or completely missed the event have no chance of completing the endless mission.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/9/2015 21:52:59 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 33
1/9/2015 21:52:04   
Zeruphantom

quote:

I'm sitting in a random spot ingame and the first message I see in my chatlog is "f4f."

Yes. The majority of my post-update battles have consisted of the first message/action being "f4f;" I've done roughly 40 battles today and 75% of the chatlog conversations within those battles have been about fame exchanging.

Normally I don't mind giving fame to people if they ask for it politely - but as much as I like this update, it has encouraged people to beg even more. I am aware that the mute button exists but sometimes I like to play without the mute button because there often comes a time where I engage in friendly conversations amidst a battle. I like to play socially rather than having to ignore people - willingly taking into account that there's a minority of players that don't know how to behave sufficiently; six year olds run rampant in this game.

< Message edited by Zeruphantom -- 1/9/2015 21:54:06 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 34
1/9/2015 21:52:39   
avincentaa

Rewarding? Yes, although the past gifting is too rewarding and easy to abuse.
AQW Epic  Post #: 35
1/9/2015 23:50:53   
One Winged Angel1357

I'm hoping the update has caused a momentary spike in the fame begging that will even out as time passes from this update.

@SMGS as far as I could tell the old fame system was supposed to be free marketing for the ED team by players asking their real life friends for fame on a social media thus putting the game in-front of new eyes. I also think it failed this goal pretty badly
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 36
1/10/2015 0:37:53   
RageSoul

On the even darker side , the update's a "nerf" for non-beggars for Fame . Well , pretty much a wrong way of attracting players .
AQW Epic  Post #: 37
1/10/2015 1:50:22   
dfo99

i was the only one expecting a core that gives +15 on primary weapon?
Post #: 38
1/10/2015 2:36:58   
Rayman
Banned

Above

Yes
AQW Epic  Post #: 39
1/10/2015 4:19:47   
dfo99

with the rage nerfed (for who have no 75 or + suport status), the new 15+ def cores and the katherax and new yeti bot helping, almost everybody now use highly defensives builds, the intimidate now is more effective than before especially during the rage.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/10/2015 4:20:08 >
Post #: 40
1/10/2015 4:44:06   
Squrwogrona

Not a word about customizable endless armor. Is it in his shop? Also, personally, IDC about new fame system, it is easier, true, but surely not the most pressing issue in ED today to push into updates. New prize codes? Ok, why not, at least more use for twitter.
Epic  Post #: 41
1/10/2015 5:01:57   
Ranloth
Banned

*this is my view on it, mind you, not the Devs'*

quote:

I have to admit, the original gifting was much better, more fun, and way more rewarding

Original gifting has also given us The Endless shop - which not everyone are fond of, alienated the PvP which is the core purpose of the game (even more so than the current low playerbase) + rendered it useless in terms of Credits gain, and you had to AFK to get rich, as opposed to actually being somewhat active with them codes; since waiting in-game won't help you at all, when all it'd take is to log in / finish your current battle. Credit rewards were lowered here, to prevent a permanent rise in prices of all items, which would only make PvP more tedious as the result of it.

On a different note, I like the new Fame system. It's about time it was put in-game, to prevent the abuse it has previously received, making it really difficult to win the Daily Fame cheevo. It's a niche feature, but a change was planned for around a year now - so it was probably a side project (instead of being a priority), and probably was completed recently. Not that the begging will stop for good, but the bad side of Fame (as a feature) is gone now.

AQ Epic  Post #: 42
1/10/2015 12:05:39   
SouL Prisoner

Dev's say making a new feature takes lot of time. So they don't prefer to make new features much. Really?? They just made 2 new features in just few months only and only because the features are money bearing to ED.

So instead of giving lame reasons, they should be clear. If the feature makes tons of money, *Will make it in few days!* No money??? Welll... errr who cares. It's hard to make. :D

And if you think i'm wrong, then please explain why so many player suggested features are not implemented even today! (Co-Founder, faction name change, ballyhoo etc...) Instead Dev's just makes whatever they like...

This new feature is great. No doubt about it. It will bear lot of money too! But, it's nothing and no were close to what ED really is/was! EpicDuel an online PvP. The game has lost track/focus of what it really should be doing!

Everyone likes free gifts and all. But do Dev's realize how things have lost it value!! Earlier getting a new weapon(s) or having all the weapons was in itself a big achievement. But now...

The game is just getting fancier and fancier ... losing it's actual purpose! And what's it's actual purpose?? PvP! Lot of players in ED, but very few are actually doing what the game was is meant or was made for. Just my opinion.

p.s: Why did they remove the fame button from character page?? Now to fame someone, i have to login, find the person, then fame.... WTH??? Please make it optional.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/10/2015 12:16:05 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 43
1/10/2015 12:22:25   
Elite Tuga

IDK exactly why, but my instincts tell me this is going to be a good year for ED. I love the new update, keep it up guys.

Epic  Post #: 44
1/10/2015 14:08:56   
One Winged Angel1357

The fame button was moved in-game because having on the character page allowed players to abuse proxies and gain infinite fame. Moving it in-game removed the problem of using proxies and now if you want to cheat up your fame you would have to create a ton of master accounts and put them all in one room to fame you
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 45
1/10/2015 14:34:19   
SouL Prisoner

Tell me one player who has cheated using proxy?? I did not notice anybody has that has abnormal fame rate.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 46
1/10/2015 17:28:21   
Rayman
Banned

Soul there are Tons of players that Cheated Using it, Also Someone for a Whole Month hacked the fame LB and Gave the Old Players Like 500 Fame each day, All the days of a month the daily LB was Full with Old players that quit with over 500 fame each.
AQW Epic  Post #: 47
1/10/2015 17:49:11   
avincentaa

@Soul Do consider that the 'features' being released may have been planned for some time yet only launched at this point of time. More-so, there may be 'features' that can be easier to introduce and some that are not.
AQW Epic  Post #: 48
1/10/2015 19:16:36   
dfo99

that's why i suggest reset the fame of everybody.
Post #: 49
1/10/2015 19:21:20   
Mother1

@ dfo99

What about players who never cheated period? I got all of my fame 100% honestly and there are many players who also have. Reset everyone's fame just because of a few people who have done this is wrong for those who got it honestly.

Players like Comicalbiker who have over 90K fame and worked hard for it over the course of 5-6 years or like myself 2-3 years would be take a lot blow because of it.

< Message edited by Mother1 -- 1/10/2015 19:23:22 >
Epic  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: =ED= January 9th, 2015 - Epic MMO EVENT: Gift Codes 2015
Page 2 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition