Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AK= The Ultimate Golden Giftbox Discussion Thread

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Golden Giftbox Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/12/2015 9:35:58   
Lord Athor

I think Poelala should return, but either as a promo item that comes with z-token packages (same as Dunamis) or if returned in-game in the GGBs then Dunamis should end up the same just so that it's equal for mages and warriors in respect to how to get the pet(s).

Also I wouldn't mind a Ranger version (Moglin Hood?) since, well, Rangers need love too.

As in what's to return and what's to stay rare I don't care if anything or everything returns, all I want is that they tell us before hand if a new item that's released into the boxes will be permanent or go Rare. That way I'll know if I "need" to hunt for a specific item or can get it at my own leisure while hunting for other items, I just want to know since it's Real World Money it's about.
Post #: 26
1/12/2015 10:05:03   
Thor

I would like to see Gandolphin and Poelala (because it's a Mage Dunamis, and it shoud be equal to both parts, Dunamis returned, so should Poelala, so it would be fair to both the Warrior and the Mage) return, those are game changers(Gandolphin not so much, it suffers from the Patch, and would be nice to see it get a slight buff). Midnight Wish Dagger series too, Mages lacks Water weapons and it's the best one out there. Magesoul is the best non-promo Wind weapon for Mages out there. Wrath of Nulgath because it's an amazing Fire weapon because of the HP sweep. Botanical Staf because it heals MP like crazy, a Pure Mage would love this because after using all their MP up they could get a lot of it back faster weapon or a mage who uses Gandolphin, with Rejuvenating Necklace as an example. Juvenile Void Dragon because it's great against those low resistance mobs, those like Snow golem.
These are the items I would like to see return(Mostly Poelala and Midnight Wish Dagger series)
AQ AQW  Post #: 27
1/12/2015 11:09:10   
Luster Bladewarrior

Lord Athor: Yeah, knowing how long things are going to stay for would be pretty good, though for truly insanely awesome things those who already have the tokens are not going to wait.

Captain Bob: I believe we've covered Poelala/Dunamis/etc. from all aspects now :p. Moving on from it...

Wrath of Nulgath - I think it is a sword? Well, I checked what "Sacragon special" was and wow it is amazing, excellent combo weapon with paralysis/skills.
Botanical Staff looks amazing, but the special, while superficially similar to Nulgath in being "damage charging", suffers from spells requiring discrete mana and requiring a spell to be cast first to heal anything. It is unique as one of the few mana regen options that is boosted by attack boosters, and doesn't take a misc slot like Rejuvenating Necklace.

And, of course, both have the minor downside in "Aw c'mon, the monster is almost dead - attack, not special!" :p They're both far neater for combos than some existing options.

On the other hand, Magesoul is pure awesome and I'd like to see a spellweapon in similar vein.

As for Midnight Wish Dagger, eh, Claw Master Emblem isn't exactly mage item. However, while there are plenty of high level water weapons, they all appear all to have special, so I can see what you mean. I believe this is almost archetypical example of one type of GGB item, being pure, simple power.

Though, when speaking of items returning because of their abilities...

It'd be better but harder(requires new stuff to be drawn, animated, coded) if new items were created with similar abilities so that those who already have the items benefit too. For example, instead of Wrath of Nulgath, hypothetical Berserker Flail.

Though honestly, I like more the other archetype of GGBs - compression.

("Our archetype is power! Power and Compression! Wait...")
("Our two archetypes are power and comperssion and reswept old rares! Wait...")

Though, let's see how to dance around this with discussion, without suggestion...Hm.

Speaking of slots needing filled and gaps being empty, plus compression more guest compression would be neat, especially for water and fire which solely lack options. And I don't believe there is any guest-pet or guest-shield compression yet, so maybe something in the spirit of Pygmy Zombie Entourage?

(To fit the rare/trigger archetype for this, there are Poison Cloud and DracGuard. But it is not like all GGB items are rare, power, compression items all at once :p)
AQ  Post #: 28
1/12/2015 11:10:52   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

I dont see why people seem to think Gandolphin is this absolute game changer or anything... even pre-patch, the shield it generated was only worth IF you used ImbueLore+Generalist robes AND got a lucky strike in which case you'd get to block some damage at a decent efficiency. Even then, using a healing spell was much better strategy.

Now its just plain bad, although defensive builds can still utilise it to some effect.

Seeing as how everyone is listing their "want to return" item, did the staff ever mention that other items will come back? As far as I know, the hostile reception the original 2nd coming of a few fringe items received might have reduced the chances of another such return.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 29
1/12/2015 11:16:36   
Luster Bladewarrior

@ss2195:It was one of the few ways to survive certain monsters chaining skills for 0-END builds (I recall one BSG about Trigoras ran into "does more than my full HP"), but mostly repeating the myth myself.

And as far as I can recall, staff have never announced that some GGB thing will definitely return later, even for those that did return/stay.
AQ  Post #: 30
1/12/2015 11:29:18   
1stClassGenesis

Caladbolg and Zorbo, definitely.

I feel we're lacking in 0 Proc Magic Darkness weapons, and Zorbo is just because it's that good.
Post #: 31
1/12/2015 11:55:24   
Lord Athor

Personally I'd like to see more non-weapon items in the boxes. There are plenty of armors, shields and miscs that could be given a re-vamp and introduced, to name a few:

Armors:
Bullyfighter
Pegasid Rider
Unicorn Rider
My Way Armor
Giant/Necromancer/Ninja/Vampire/Zombie Form
Undead Horse Rider

Miscs:
My Way Helm
Clover Essence

Shields:
Heartrender
My Way Shield
DracGuard
Bone Shield

And these are just a few, I think people are far too focused on weapons to see the other gems that might be there... maybe all aren't the "omgoverthetopkillthemallinaninstantwithouttakinganydamageyourself" kind but they might be fun
Post #: 32
1/12/2015 12:11:08   
Seth Hydra
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

Clover Essence is not rare.. its seasonal from the blarney war!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 33
1/12/2015 12:16:07   
afterlifex
Legend-X

quote:

I hope promo items like Kiss of the Amesha V or Catching Fire do NOT return as GGB because those items should be permanently rare .

Such items are not allowed to return so it's probbaly safe to say they can't be GGB'ed either.

edit: not to say the effect can't be used but it wouldn't be the same item. No "Golden Kiss of the Amesha" but you might have a smiler one with different animation etc.(lets call it " Potion Fairy Blessing".).

< Message edited by afterlifex -- 1/12/2015 12:24:10 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 34
1/12/2015 12:17:46   
Thor

quote:

As for Midnight Wish Dagger, eh, Claw Master Emblem isn't exactly mage item. However, while there are plenty of high level water weapons, they all appear all to have special, so I can see what you mean. I believe this is almost archetypical example of one type of GGB item, being pure, simple power.

Well, I can't really think of any magical Water weapons, well there's Poseidon's Edge, but it's Rare, then there's Custom Staff which is meh because of its look, and we also have Brackish Blade which is a bonus item when you buy the 20k Z-Token package, but most of those are either package or rare, and they don't have a bloody amazing LS MC, like that's crazy good (even with Luk being nerfed this thing still beats every other magical Water weapon even Poseidon's Edge with full MP, and even though you can't use it with Sword Emblem, you can use it with another misc, like maybe one that gives luck).
AQ AQW  Post #: 35
1/12/2015 12:24:21   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

Gandolfin was a great healing spell pre-patch, with or without LS's. Now its barely adequate using generalist robes + Imbue Lore, but it's still better than all the other healing spells, overcharged spells included.

Aren't the My Way items also promo items, so won't be coming back? Although new items with similar effects could be released.
Personally I would like to see more spells, but there is a lack of rare spells, just like there is a lack of spells in general.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 36
1/12/2015 13:18:25   
Luster Bladewarrior

@Lord Athor: All those Riders...Hm. For some reason, I am thinking that rider armor should take CHA bonus.

...Moving on to shields, just keep in mind that shields will probably have defensive, not offensive trigger after revamp; However, an offensive anti-were option to match defensive one would be neat.

You're right that there are too many weapons though; there being Z-tokens weapons shop is evidence enough :D

@Captain Bob: I just looked at un-updated (thus, not including Llyr's Druid's weapons, for example) Magic Water Weapon Index, Which has Treevoolu Zenith for 151, Aged Aqvarius for 150....first non-trigger non-special is rare Kneeboard at 145.

Anyway, that still run into the problem of using another misc just for it; and I bet just LUK misc won't be enough - remember, even with the boost INT is still superior damage stat, and INT miscs lose against Emblems to far more significant degree than, looking at latest Monolith Mace comparision, the 2,7% advantage it provides.

@Carandor: Well, I'd say that with proper timing against monster skill Angelic Wing is easily superior, but that is for single element and will be going rare soon too.

And correct on My Way items.

AQ  Post #: 37
1/12/2015 13:27:00   
Thor

Oh my bad, I forgot those weapon.. :/ IIRC, Aged Aqvarius is a dagger though, and you could always use PoTG, that's what I do for my Mage anyway, works out just fine, and with dual poelala? Pretty sure it would beat any emblem
AQ AQW  Post #: 38
1/12/2015 13:50:13   
Luster Bladewarrior

Aqvarius is a sword. Pendant of the Galin...Well, assuming 85% accuracy and highest level variants, it comes out as 15,29% boost, while Master emblem gives 25,3% boost - making the Dagger require 22,6, or perhaps 21,7 if LUK didn't get 3/4 that magic weapons get. Now, this is not accurate at top level, but let's say you sacrifice DEX(instead of LUK) for CHA, dropping accuracy by 12,5%. That still pumps it up to only 17,9%. As for Poelalas, latest emblems, like them, are both still multiplicative, so don't see why they'd matter.

I think only Legendary Shadow Crystal V1 on Naga or Minotaur day or Polygalactase process can beat an emblem for mage, one of which pays for earth and other for dark resistance, (assuming the Naga does get 4/3 for magic weapons), but this is more of a "generally can beat Emblem thing", atop which the extra 2,7% is just a cherry on top.

Now, speaking of GGB things....Both Lucky items were weapons.

It'd be nice if this LUK mechanic were reused in a spell or guest for those that don't like attack button :)

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 1/12/2015 14:02:24 >
AQ  Post #: 39
1/12/2015 14:01:31   
Thor

Blood Contract (which is also rare) could beat the Emblems though, OH and my bad about the "Sword", it used to be a Dagger.
AQ AQW  Post #: 40
1/12/2015 15:48:21   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

quote:

Well, I'd say that with proper timing against monster skill Angelic Wing is easily superior

That is like saying Svadilfari's Oath is superior to any other energy armour because it beats energy monsters that are weak against energy faster. Sure, using Healing Wings the turn a darkness monster uses a skill would be using it to it's maximum potential, but using it any other time, or against any other element monster would be worse than using other healing spells of a similar level.

EDIT: Forgot the reason I came into this thread in the first place. For some reason I really want Chibi Dragonoid to come back and I can't put my finger on why...

< Message edited by Carandor -- 1/12/2015 15:54:26 >
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 41
1/12/2015 17:16:37   
Inferno369

quote:

I'd love to see the Vampire Lord Form, or at least the old Vampire Form make a come back as a revamp. It definitely would complement Savage Werewolf. Hmm.. I'd also love to see Dwarf Form come back revamped. Considering the fact that Peter Jackson just crushed the hearts and souls of us Tolkien fans, I think we deserve it. It could go either way in terms of Lean, considering how tough Dwarves are and how fierce they are in battle. I'd also possibly like to see an Elvish themed Ranger / Archer armor, lean could go either way like the Dwarf Form. Great at killing things with a bow, but they're swift and agile making them hard to hit.

Hmm.. what else could be thrown in.. ooh yeah, definitely an updated Carnax Fighter.

Quoting myself from the other thread, still think these are somewhat good ideas. I'm not good at suggesting items, but I could try suggesting these.

Personally, I love the idea of the GGBs, they're a good way to update old rares. Hopefully we can see more armors in this new year. I mean, I've liked at least one of the items from each round this year, but I'd try and grab them more often if armors are involved.
AQ  Post #: 42
1/12/2015 17:23:11   
Luster Bladewarrior

Carandor:
True about skill, but it is still stronger than regular trigger for INT :p And against darkness monsters in general will still be 11% superior to other healing spells of similar level - just not as much superior as Generalist makes Gandolphin.

Chibi Dragonnoid...Uh. It reminds me of certain flying snail image?
AQ  Post #: 43
1/12/2015 18:23:53   
Samuxex

remove GGB. Why? because it became cancer AQ Classic
Post #: 44
1/12/2015 18:40:59   
The Green Guy

I spent 2000 tokens to try and get Dunamis guest summon spell...ended up mostly using it to level up to 150.

I tried spending 250 tokens to get a common shop and pick up the Arthurian Shield over the Communicant shield I have now, and I wound up getting the ultra-rare shop.

Oh well, I just *had* to pick up Dunamis instead....
Post #: 45
1/12/2015 20:21:12   
Senras Wolf

God, I so want the old rider armors updated. At least one of them to be FD or MD. They should also get a CHA bonus.... or CHA based skill.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 46
1/12/2015 20:44:04   
KaizerWolf

I'm also of the same mindset that more rider or mount armors should be added; I can just imagine opening a giftbox with a pop-up saying, "YOUR REWARD IS A CHICKEN!"
AQ  Post #: 47
1/13/2015 0:00:44   
collapsinghrung

The one rare / one ultra-rare GGB release model doesn't really work -- anyone who goes for URs ends up with a huge, permanent and ever-growing surplus of rare purchases. You have to save those, though, just in case there's another month when a ton of rare items all release at once.

I think either the rare/ultra-rare distinction should be collapsed, or more items should be released at rare than at UR.
AQ  Post #: 48
1/13/2015 11:48:48   
s_venom

How does this new GGB system people talking about?
AQ DF  Post #: 49
1/13/2015 11:57:49   
Carandor
Legendary Scribe of Lore

Talk to Valencia>What are Golden Giftboxes?>Whats inside?>pick which shop you want to have a look in, if you have giftboxes saved up from that shop you will be able to buy something without spending a giftbox.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 50
Page:   <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> AdventureQuest General Discussion >> RE: =AK= The Ultimate Golden Giftbox Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 6«<12345>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition