Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 16th, 2015 - EPIC MMO EVENT BARRENS WAR

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 16th, 2015 - EPIC MMO EVENT BARRENS WAR
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/16/2015 14:54:29   
  WhiteTiger

Majestic Feline of AQ3D & ED

quote:

January 16, 2014
EPIC MMO EVENT BARRENS WAR

After a long holiday truce between Legion and Exile forces, war resumes on Delta V. The war for the fate of the Barrens Outpost begins today! The Legion will battle to defend the powerful Barrens Turret Array while the Exile will attempt to undermine their control through hacking terminals.

Hacking terminals are already scattered throughout the Barrens Outpost. Set your starting location for quick access to these crucial war points.

The prize at stake is the Barrens Turret Array. Access the Control Panel, control the Barrens. Those who faught against Dravax and the Dragonoid remember the potency of these mighty guns. If they can wound an interdimensional dragon they'll have no problem turning an armada into scrap.

Win PvP battles to earn war drops and boost the score of your alignment! The Legion took the last region; can they continue their winning streak or will the Exiles emerge triumphant?

Remember that this is also an opportunity to earn Barrens Outpost influence to build up your regional achievement! Let's see some red stars!

New Year's Loot
Guest artist Bidoof has crafted a timely set of New Year's gear available at Torgan in Frysteland!

What time is it? Time to DUEL!

One again, we prepare for war. Good luck and good dueling!

Tags: Nightwraith
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/16/2015 14:58:48   
Lord Machaar

Wow the PvP is perfectly balanced, let's launch a war.
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
1/16/2015 15:57:46   
Justingbieberfangirl

I agree that pvp is balanced apart from that pesky assault bot. Always gets me!
Post #: 3
1/16/2015 16:30:03   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Am I missing something about pvp balance? If it's sarcasm sorry, I'm tired

Also those new weapons would go quite well with the Disruptor gear. More-so the red, not sure about the blue.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/16/2015 16:36:39   
Lord Machaar

Not really, it's perfectly balanced.
MQ Epic  Post #: 5
1/16/2015 16:39:07   
  Digital X

Oh. Maybe I'll battle a bit and see. Maybe get a weap. Or two. Maybe all of them who knows.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/16/2015 16:50:41   
King Bling

Cannot find the flags, where you can see the people's influence and whose first or which faction is? Is it removed?
Or what?
Post #: 7
1/16/2015 16:52:26   
Variation

^They're located at Mirv.
Post #: 8
1/16/2015 16:55:01   
Lord Machaar

@Digi

You are still safe at that level, wait until you reach level 38.
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
1/16/2015 16:58:59   
Zeruphantom

quote:

I agree that pvp is balanced apart from that pesky assault bot. Always gets me!

Just stop already...

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/16/2015 17:06:04   
King Bling

Variation I cant find it at mirv
Post #: 11
1/16/2015 17:28:11   
  Digital X

@King: http://oi59.tinypic.com/2naiiw5.jpg
Click those two banners at Mirv, a screen shows like in the link. (Sorry for the two screens, Oculus is connected)

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/16/2015 17:29:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 12
1/16/2015 18:03:41   
Vextur

This war got me unprepared,but i hope i ll still be able to make it to top 20.
Go legion!
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/16/2015 18:43:58   
Lord Machaar

http://puu.sh/eCeXl/d65ea41b4d.jpg

Latest pictures from the battlefield, everything is going well.
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
1/16/2015 23:43:55   
Silver Sky Magician

What's the prize for the winning alignment?
Post #: 15
1/17/2015 0:41:31   
  Exploding Penguin

^I think they're keeping it secret until the end of the war, like they've done with multiple wars in the past.
Epic  Post #: 16
1/17/2015 1:50:06   
SouL Prisoner

Hmmm... i gues i'm back??

Btw, is there like daily influence for the war or something?? Like busts the most bombs for a day?? Was wondering if i should collect'em??

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 17
1/17/2015 1:56:40   
Variation

^Yes there is. It's called War Hero, very similar to the mechanics of the Infernal Infiltration War. If you get more influence than anyone in your alignment you will win the War Hero achievement, which is worth 1,700 rating points.

Also the server will only reward you with a bomb only if the sum of active war items in your inventory < 10. That includes both regular war items and super war items regardless if you purchased the super war items. However, there is no limit on how many super war items you can have in your inventory(if you're buying them that is because as I said above, no war items will be rewarded if you have >=10 bombs), but keep in mind only 50 can be stocked in the Regional Ammo Depot at the time. They're restocked hourly if a restock is necessary. The super war items also cost 165 varium a piece while upgrading a normal war item only costs 95 varium. That should be enough general information to help you -- also one thing to note, the defensive war items do consistent damage(if not you need to be using the objective that does the highest damage), however if you're interested in helping your alignment you need to focus on turrets that are a threat.

For instance the strategy that I believe works the best for the defensive side is, attacking the health objective until it does less damage than the standard (which makes it the weakest of all offensive objectives), then completely destroy the finisher objective, then destroy the standard objective, and finally go back and kill the health objective. So far no offensive side has actually followed that strategy, however the alignment that followed it from a similar standpoint has became victorious more than once.

< Message edited by Variation -- 1/17/2015 2:24:17 >
Post #: 18
1/17/2015 2:08:46   
SouL Prisoner

Nice. Where do i check my status for the day?? I don't see any lb.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
1/17/2015 2:13:04   
Variation

^The leaderboard for this region is located at Mirv -- in the Barrens Outpost, the active war region. However, you won't be able to see your overall/daily influence unless you're in the top 20 for those categories. However, you can indeed see your overall influence in the main war module(the bar that has the damages of both alignments) press that and you will see your influence below the visual representation of the war zone where it says "Your War Influence:."

Also I recommend that you keep a log of your start influence of the day if you're ever curious how far you are away from the daily influence leaderboard.
Post #: 20
1/17/2015 2:18:11   
SouL Prisoner

hmmm.. Thnx for all the info. Appreciate it :)

EDIT: Someone please notify Dev's about this problem. Happening way too often! http://prntscr.com/5ti8si . Hate to leave someone behind in battle alone.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 1/17/2015 5:15:46 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
1/17/2015 5:53:59   
Ranloth
Banned

Heh, it seems like Aldhagrimm was replaced in this update, with her spirit. Seems fitting, considering the next part of her story will cover the Void and Afterlife -- but she's still alive for those who haven't finished Part 3 yet, which is quite a neat way to do it! With the Barrens War, we also released (earlier this week) Slayer's backstory for those interested on how he came to be on Delta V, the meaning behind Dragonslayer, etc. ^^

< Message edited by Trans -- 1/17/2015 5:59:17 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 22
1/17/2015 10:11:40   
Bagofbricks

the war item drop rate seems extremely low for this war. thats kinda sad :(.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 23
1/17/2015 10:58:14   
The berserker killer

Disgusted. Bad job keeping all the mechanics the same.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 24
1/17/2015 11:14:13   
The Jop

Yes, this is definitely going to be a varium win. But I guess that's no surprise.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 16th, 2015 - EPIC MMO EVENT BARRENS WAR
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition