Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Totallymad8's gallery

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> Totallymad8's gallery
Page 1 of 3123>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/17/2015 10:51:04   
totallymad8

Hello and thank you for visiting my gallery. I like to experiment with art styles, but I'll probably post lots of sketches. For my first post, here's Fae... in pixel form!

Note: I don't know if this will work, but I hope it does.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 1
1/17/2015 11:18:06   
  Gingkage
Wolf Rider

I'm more the type to silently appreciate art than comment, but that is too adorable to not comment on its adorableness.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 2
1/17/2015 11:20:33   
totallymad8

@Gingkage: Thank you
Post #: 3
1/17/2015 13:24:20   
Flamehead 12

Great work! Keep it up, cant wait to see more from you!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/18/2015 1:01:24   
totallymad8

Here's a coloured sketch of Pandora. I kinda rushed it, but I'll try to make a proper drawing of her soon.

Edit: Oops, forgot to embed picture. Fixed it.

Attachment (1)

< Message edited by totallymad8 -- 1/18/2015 1:02:47 >
Post #: 5
1/18/2015 16:16:03   
flashbang

That looks really cool.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 6
1/18/2015 17:29:15   
Death snake1

So far, I love your work. I have to agree with Gingkage, I am more of the silent type of viewer. It is not the place fore someone who has no skills in something to criticize that subject, but these works are very nice! Do you take requests? and if so, what styles of at are you good at, specifically of the painting variety. *may or may not be requesting a watercolor painting of Pandora.......* Your sketch reminded me of that style of painting. Good Luck with all of your art endeavors!!!!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 7
1/18/2015 23:28:52   
totallymad8

Thanks everyone :D

@Death snake1: I'm more than happy to take requests. I often like using a soft colouring style (which is how I get the watercolour look), but I also do traditional drawings, pixel and vector art.
I'll definitely try making a watercolour painting of Pandora when I can, and thanks.
Post #: 8
1/19/2015 1:54:44   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

A full watercolor painting of Pandora would be beauts. : p

The Fae pixel art is cute, anyhow. I'd suggest making there be more variation in the fabric creases, but otherwise it's fairly well-done.
DF  Post #: 9
1/19/2015 10:18:39   
totallymad8

I attempted a watercolour style drawing of Pandora. I was trying to draw her arm crossing her chest with her hand on her other shoulder, but it failed.

@Ragsrun: Thanks for your comment and suggestion. Clothing creases are one of my weaknesses in drawing so it's good to know how I can improve.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 10
1/19/2015 10:57:20   
The Odor

These are really lovely. Thank you for showing them.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 11
1/22/2015 17:35:15   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

@totallymad8: Happy to be of some assistance.
As for your newest work, Pandora looks like a darling. I'd say the clothing creases look better there compared to your Fae art, and I do rather like your soft style. But the eyes seem a little...bewildered/derpy. It's almost like she has chameleon eyes with one pointed at the viewer and the other looking off to the side somewhere. The shoulder shading is a little puzzling too—the way it is now, it gives a sort of disjointed puppet-y or mannequin-like appearance. Or is that thick line there to roughly represent her shoulder decorations?

As a last remark, more for general presentation purposes than anything else, I'd suggest using a slightly darker background when showing someone as bright as Pandora. A light grey, violet, or whatever color you please. It'd just help make her form pop out more to viewers' eyes. Especially if there's no dark definitive lineart like in your first drawing of Pandora.

< Message edited by Ragsrun -- 1/22/2015 17:39:40 >
DF  Post #: 12
1/22/2015 22:15:33   
Death snake1

When looking at your watercolor version of Pandora, failure is the last word on my mind. I think it looks absolutely wonderful! Doing things like this, trying different styles, learning in general, are all ways to help expand your abilities, and make you the best artist you can be. You can definitely see the grief on her face, and the blending (at least i hope blending is the right word XD) helps make that dramatic emotions that go along with her much more acute. Very good work!

Sorry I can't be of help with are skill stuff, but I am studying Cell and Molecular Biology, and the last art class i had was in elementary school, so.......I will just stick with what I am good at, giving LOTS of positive support and encouragement. You are doing very well, and I hope to see very good things from you!
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 13
1/22/2015 22:41:14   
totallymad8

@Ragsrun: Thanks! I'm glad you could give a few more pointers. The eyes were a challenge, especially since it was quite late at the time I drew it (I have to stop drawing so late at night). The thick line is her shoulder (it kinda looks like she dislocated it, sorry Pandora...). I'll also be sure to make use of backgrounds in the future, thanks for your help .
Post #: 14
2/3/2015 8:40:22   
totallymad8

@Death snake1: Thanks!

Here's a forest and jungle fury. This was challenging to complete, mainly because I struggle with shading.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 15
2/4/2015 4:30:02   
apielang

Good shading, and good drawing too. I feel like that too, when i need to coloring feather too. Soon try full body ok.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 16
2/4/2015 9:07:16   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

I really like your work in this gallery, especially the pixel art. Personally, I think that if DF was made in the nineties, it could have looked like that.
DF AQW  Post #: 17
2/4/2015 20:05:56   
Death snake1

Those furies are exceptional!! You can definitely see the detail, and since I have actually taken a class on ornithology, I think it is safe to say that you got their more bird-like features very well.The beaks are marvelous, and the detail of them and the nostrils are spot on. Another thumbs up from me! *throws more support because there can never be to much*

< Message edited by Death snake1 -- 3/6/2015 14:30:55 >

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 18
2/7/2015 14:05:56   
Ragsrun
DF Artist

Shading's always a thorn in one's sides at some time or another. But I think you did fairly well on the Furies, particularly around their beaks, eyes, and "hair". You've made them look a little more bird-y like Death snake1 said. They also don't have as much of a color gradient on their faces as they do in-game, but the feathery detailing does go a long way—and probably was time-consuming as well. If it wasn't for that unfortunate side-effect, I'd be demanding for similar textures across their arms and torsos too. : p

And...that's about all I have to say right now. Don't take this as a bad sign though. Rather, it means there's less for me to pick apart and I may or may not still be admiring your work. Staring at it.
DF  Post #: 19
2/20/2015 12:03:36   
totallymad8

Thanks for the wonderful comments everyone :D

Here's some pixel art of lust. This was a little challenging to do (mainly the highlights), but it was also easy since I didn't need to use many colours for this. I might end up doing a few more elemental spirits...

Attachment (1)
Post #: 20
2/20/2015 15:58:12   
Heartdragon

Awww, Lust looks particularly cute!

Anyway, I would recommend you to be careful with the eyes' symmetry-- her right eye is a bit higher than the left one. ;)
DF AQW  Post #: 21
3/6/2015 14:33:46   
Death snake1

I like it, that part is obvious. The shading around the eyes seems to be a bit much, with the lines being much thicker than any of he others, but they definitely highlight them well. The long hair fits with her so well, and it seems like it would have a natural flow to it.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
3/7/2015 1:13:28   
totallymad8

I was close to doing another elemental spirit, but I ended up with a pixel Elysia instead. I tried using a different program, but it was much more challenging to use.
I'm also working on a pixel Celestia, but progress is slow. I'll try to get it done soon!

Attachment (1)
Post #: 23
3/25/2015 2:27:48   
totallymad8

Since I haven't finished pixel Celestia yet, I decided to make an OC. She's an elemental spirit of water. I'm still trying to think of a name, but I can share a bit about her: She died when she was 19 years old after being attacked by one of her closest friends after they (the friend) was possessed. After her death, she decided to forgive her friend, but to this day she still struggles to let go of her past.

I'm not usually the type who makes OC's, but I decided to give it a try. I'll probably make a few changes to her design and hopefully I can decide on a name.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 24
5/8/2015 9:40:12   
totallymad8

It's been a while since I posted, sorry about that. Sadly Celestia isn't finished yet (it's much more challenging than I thought...).
I did manage to do a quick pixel drawing of Nythera. This time I experimented with shading and ended up with this.

Also my soul-ally OC still doesn't have a name, but I do have a few name ideas: Lotus, Carrie, Lily.

Attachment (1)
Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> DragonFable Art Gallery >> Totallymad8's gallery
Page 1 of 3123>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition