Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Lower retrain costs

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Lower retrain costs
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/19/2015 14:03:27   
The berserker killer

Some people retrain and only change one stat yet end up paying 250 credits anyway. What I am suggesting is 1 credit per point you retrain and 2 credits for every point on the skill tree. Yes, in some ways it may be more expensive but in most cases it will be cheaper

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/19/2015 14:04:07 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/19/2015 14:33:18   
Riddler
Banned

Supported but I think it should be 5 credits each until 50 and than just like 250 standard retrain cost for above that
Post #: 2
1/19/2015 14:43:50   
The berserker killer

even that would be a good idea!
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/19/2015 17:10:19   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Cool idea, however, with the massive amount of credits earned from the Holiday gifting, I feel 250 is already pretty generous.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/19/2015 17:27:17   
Mother1

@ battle elf

Not everyone was around for the holiday gifting though. Plus not everyone could get to said giftings especially if they lack twitter or weren't friends with the gifts who gave them a heads up.
Epic  Post #: 5
1/19/2015 18:24:17   
The berserker killer

@Battle Elf: That's like saying Dex mages don't need to be fixed because there is gear like the Omega weps to counter them. Lol get it? It only happened once.

AQ DF Epic  Post #: 6
1/21/2015 4:16:45   
Thylek Shran

Retraining should not cost anything as its fundamental. I had suggested
this years ago already but instead the retraining cost had been increased !
DF Epic  Post #: 7
1/21/2015 11:28:07   
The berserker killer

It actually shouldn't cost anything at all now that I think about it. Omega is about customizing your character and being different yet retraining still costs a certain price.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
1/21/2015 16:11:14   
  Exploding Penguin

^this.

There's no reason to have a cost on retraining. A common noob trap is a bunch of new players retraining a lot then not having enough money to upgrade their gear to stay on par with opponents. Then they're screwed.
Epic  Post #: 9
1/21/2015 21:01:13   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Retraining cost was actually decreased from 500 credits. The cost serves as a way to encourage players to spend time and energy refining their build and not simply creating a new build after every loss. 250 credits is only a couple wins worth of credits and I don't foresee the price being lowered any time in the future.
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/21/2015 21:24:22   
DeathGuard

250 is really cheap. If you claim you can't win it in PvP, I doubt you can't farm lower lvl NPCs to get that much. You will need about 7 NPC wins to actually get a retrain which I don't see as time consuming as PvP. As Battle Elf claimed, retrain was 500 back in other phases. I spent thousands on it but then I look back and notice that build copying wasn't as bad as today. You can fight someone and next fight you see that person with a similar or your same modificated build using it.
I'm against lowering retraining costs.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/21/2015 21:29:24   
The berserker killer

It wasn't a big deal back then because there was variety. things were different and there were easily over 200 effective builds that could be used when you factor in the different weapons, weapon stats, and armors. Now players are striving and dying to create builds only to have that build copied mainly by a non-var who bought the same weapons a var user bought in his promo, only the non var user was able to buy it in game.

Now there are roughly 50 builds, if even that, that actually work in this game at the current level cap. Sure, 50 builds give or take sounds like a lot but in this game where someone can copy it in a flash and spread it to half of the database....50 builds isn't a lot. At all. Especially when the average amount of players online during a 24 hour period is roughly >400 and 100 of them turn out to be level 40s.

At least with free retraining you can encourage players, the ones that are actually making these builds and literally handing them out, to make more builds and get variety at least somewhere close to where it used to be.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
1/21/2015 23:17:58   
  Exploding Penguin

quote:

Retraining cost was actually decreased from 500 credits. The cost serves as a way to encourage players to spend time and energy refining their build and not simply creating a new build after every loss. 250 credits is only a couple wins worth of credits and I don't foresee the price being lowered any time in the future.

Include stat recustomization for some items and you'll be spending a couple to few hundred extra credits based on how expansive your inventory is. It is true that people should be encouraged to refine their builds, but instead of doing that really what's happening is one person does it and everyone just copies that build. I'd rather make it free and have people running around with really awkward yet interesting builds than watching sheeple all use the same build.

Also, it's not a matter of foreseeing the price being lowered. This is the suggestions board. We make things people don't foresee happen by bringing up new suggestions. Foreseeing a change would really only happen based off of in-game activities, but then there'd be no point for a suggestion board.
Epic  Post #: 13
1/22/2015 2:20:14   
Drianx

quote:

250 credits is only a couple wins worth of credits
No, because if you need to retrain then your build is bad.
So I'd rather say '250 credits for a retrain is only several losses away'.

Retraining should be free. You already have to pay for rearranging customization of weapons and armor, because usually when you retrain you also need to reallocate stat bonuses for your gear.
AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/22/2015 17:52:27   
The berserker killer

Thanks for the support guys. I'm sure that if weapon stats were different and we went back a phase (delta perhaps) that retraining cost wouldn't be a big deal however it currently is a big deal and will continue to be a big deal. If anything this is one of the core reasons that balance is so bad in the first place. Everyone abusing the same class/build would surely wreck balance.

@Drianx: I can't tell you the amount of times I ran out of creds trying to create builds, then im stuck with a bad build (losing a ton of matches) until I can make more creds to finish a build.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 15
1/23/2015 15:20:31   
Thylek Shran

quote:

Ok, then it got lowered to 250 after the increase for high levels but retraining is now still way more expensive than in the past because of flexible weapon and armor stats. The problem is that most players donīt retrain just for one time. When trying to make a good build players have to retrain several times during a day until everything does fit. This could sum up easily to 1000 credits and more. Now also add the cost for item stats rearrangements. And there are bosses and other NPCs that could require unique builds. I donīt get the point about what should be bad when players could retrain after every battle. Atm characters are not very flexible and players have to stick with mostly one battle mode as every mode does require a different build. This is why we all can see weak 1vs1 builds with very low defenses in 2vs2 who try to get their daily mission wins. Just ask their partners how much they like to loose because of this. Not many players would retrain twice (500 credits) for just 3 to 7 daily mission wins. More flexiblity with battle modes and builds could only increase player happyness.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 1/23/2015 15:25:15 >
DF Epic  Post #: 16
1/23/2015 18:57:55   
The berserker killer

Basically if you want to go from a str build to a more relax f5 build you end up spending 100 creds for your weapons (armor, prim, gun, aux) which ends up to be 400 credits (EVEN IF YOU CHANGE 1 STAT) and 250 for your build (Even if you change one stat). Thats 650 credits to change altogether. And when youre testing builds only for everyone to copy? Pft people spend at least 10k a day, easily. And that's not counting when you have to test cores
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 17
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Lower retrain costs
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition