Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Aftermath of Extinction

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Aftermath of Extinction
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/20/2015 10:18:33   
whackybeanz
Times Silent Keeper

Aftermath of Extinction
Necromancers and Paladins

Location: Travel Map » Granemor » Go through Granemor Cemetery » Click on Halenro's Statue » Go! » Aftermath of Extinction

«Scene: Granemor Cemetery. Artix has brought a few of his followers to Halenro's statue.»

Artix: We are here to honor Halenro, one of the last paladins left of the original order.
Artix: Halenro was a noble paladin who saw what I saw: a world that was slowly being overrun by the undead, and by evil forces who sought to do Lore harm.
Artix: A blight that might overtake the world if we did not stop it... and had we succeeded, I'm certain that Halenro would have been hailed a hero for his sacrifice.
Artix: But no such tales will be sung of my dear friend.
Artix: We should be praising him for his efforts to always help the people of Granemor. He has singlehandedly kept the evil undead in this town at bay for so long.
Artix: And yet, because of my actions, he will no doubt go into the annals of history as some sort of monster or villain.
Artix: And as if our losses were not punishment enough, it seems the gods themselves disfavor us. The church has excommunicated us all.
Artix: And Coeuraservi has gone missing. So few of us are left.
Artix: I simply do not understand. We had victory in our grasp. We were so close to finishing the necromancers off!
Artix: Were we truly so wrong that fate sought to punish us? I...
Artix: I do not know.
Artix: ...I do not know.
Artix: Paladins, I have something to say.
Artix: I am leaving the order.
Paladins: What?!
  • !?

Artix: It has become clear to me that our actions were not as moral as I had believed. And for that, our powers have been stripped from us.
    Artix: And so, I must return to the path of Good if I am to repent!
    Artix: I will return one day, when I have made amends. For now, farewell.

«Artix leaves the scene and his fellow paladins chase after him. Over at the Necromancer Order...»

Morgul: Sometime after they departed Granemor, the Paladin was observed leaving Battleon. The rumors are true: Artix has left the Paladin Order.
    Kaley: That's one less enemy to deal with, for the time being.
    Morgul: We will have our hands plenty full with the Mantle, my lady.
    Kaley: Yes, but we have an advantage that they do not: we have a city.
    Kaley: A city with a graveyard whose ground still contains latent traces of necromancer magic. This location will do perfectly.
    Kaley: Now then, let us go. We have some fresh recruits to train.
    Morgul: Yes, my lady.

«The scene fades to black. In Zorbak's Hideout...»

Zorbak: I am sure of it, brother. The necromantic ley lines are gone. We cannot draw upon the mana in the planet's core for our necromancy any longer.
    Kabroz: I don't care.
    Zorbak: Therefore I think we shou... wait, what?
    Kabroz: It took me years of study and practice to perfect my necromancy. But not you. You were always gifted with necromancy.
    Kabroz: And now all of those years have been thrown away. I will not waste my time going after that power a second time.
    Kabroz: Especially since I know that you will just beat me to it, anyways. Your natural advantage makes it not worth my while.
    Kabroz: If I am to surpass you as an evil mastermind in this world, my brother, I will have to look elsewhere.
    Zorbak: Then... what will you do?
    Kabroz: There is one area that I have always excelled in: zombification. I think I will perfect my techniques.
    Kabroz: I will raise an army that is unlike any that a necromancer can hope to create.
    Kabroz: And I will perform evil deeds the likes of which you cannot possibly imagine!
    Zorbak: Mehehe! As you wish! We'll make a contest of it, then.
    Kabroz: And I already have the perfect plan in mind.
    Zorbak: Oh?
    Kabroz: Remind me again, dear brother... where did you say they buried all of the casualties from the war?

«The scene fades to black...»

• Watch again!
  • Guardian Tower!
  • Leave

Correction thanks to Archlist.
  • AQ DF MQ  Post #: 1
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest] >> [AQ Encyclopedia] >> Locations / Quests / Events >> Aftermath of Extinction
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition