Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RNG is completely rediculous

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RNG is completely rediculous
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/23/2015 19:44:55   
FameFortune

Ok, Fights lvl 31 - I am lvl 27 - He gets first turn - He crits me twice blocks me twice then deflects me respectively - He had 6 more dex - 3 more tech - Same support - Seriously I didn't manage to get any luck at all and I lost. Just... No. This must be fixed!

Yeah ok deflects my infernal then blocks my blud and loses to crit this happened consecutively... What the hell! Its like skill vs luck... Would have won if not for block.

I'm just saying this isnt fair anymore - The occasional block or deflect here and there are ok but one straight after another just isn't fair!

< Message edited by FameFortune -- 1/23/2015 20:10:56 >
Post #: 1
1/24/2015 17:09:19   
Zeruphantom

I don't quite understand what you're trying to say. RNG is a major part of Epic Duel - if you want it to be fixed, you must provide some sort of idea that the staff can build upon in order to fix said problem.

If you didn't "manage to get any luck at all," then that isn't the game's problem, it's just the general RNG.

Thank you for 1K subs! <3

AQ Epic  Post #: 2
1/24/2015 18:55:13   
Mother1

@ Zeruphantom

The person sounds like they are upset with the fact that anyone who has less of a stat then them has the possible chance to doing/getting (Insert luck factor that comes with the stat here) while they aren't getting them enough.

Basically it sounds like the OP is annoyed with the bad luck that RNG is dishing him/her.
Epic  Post #: 3
1/24/2015 20:24:14   
Zeruphantom

Hmm.

Look, I get it, I dislike the RNG just as much as the next guy. But it isn't helpful when you complain and don't propose any ideas that could possibly benefit the staff if they were to implement something (which I doubt they will, since Epic Duel is literally a game about luck). My attacks are deflected all the time, but that's just a tactical advantage your opponent receives.

'
AQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/25/2015 0:15:24   
The Jop

I know what you mean: it's all about luck. I lost a match because someone with 77 less technology deflected my attack. I think Epicduel is the only game that I hate more the more I play it.

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/25/2015 0:26:06   
  Exploding Penguin

I should make a text document of things that I say a lot because I'm pretty just just mimicking my response to the numerous similar threads each time.

And I'll say this again

Bad luck happens to everyone and it will theoretically apply equally to everyone over an infinite number of trials/occasions, so it's not unfair.

Epic  Post #: 6
1/25/2015 18:24:17   
Thylek Shran

The minimum chances to deflect and block are definetly
a problem and annoyed people since the beginning.
It does not make sense that someone with 50 and more
stat points difference could be blocked and deflected.
It would be better to get rid of the minimum chances as
they counter investments into stat points and buffs by
pure luck which has nothing to do with tactics.
Its also part of the problem that HPs can be abused as
they are not dependant on luck.

< Message edited by Thylek Shran -- 1/25/2015 18:35:16 >
DF Epic  Post #: 7
1/25/2015 19:54:41   
Mother1

@ thylek Shran

Even if they removed those there would be two problems.

1 (Smoke and Malf would get a massive indirect buff) Seeing as these two things would be able to nerf block and deflection chance down to 0 (Which is why I believe they added those mins in the first place)

2) Even if 1) wasn't an issue there are still the Ninja reflexes and Deflection cores which add block and Deflection chance passively so if a player has one or the other this problem will still be there even with removing the mins from the game.
Epic  Post #: 8
1/25/2015 21:42:59   
The berserker killer

whats rng
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 9
1/25/2015 22:36:44   
Rayman
Banned

Above:

RNG = Random Number Generator
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/27/2015 14:51:10   
FameFortune

@mother
not a buff if you completely remove block/deflect - Those cores would become the min block/deflect if removed actual min which doesn't seem to bother me since it would have usefulness like 3% stun on aux which i recently got rekt by btw
---
luck shouldn't replace the deciding factor in a fight, skill

that buff in deflection doe
---
@penguin
quote:

Bad luck happens to everyone and it will theoretically apply equally to everyone over an infinite number of trials/occasions, so it's not unfair.

No... I have never gone first versus a support merc in all my years of ED plus - theoretically = possibly not true
I recently made a post about arcade and he got the gold I wanted in 6 tries vs my over 100 tries and I never got one
---
I'm 99% sure at least one of you reading this have achieved those one things I haven't with your superior luck
---
I like the game for the part the requires skill, for the crap that has happened I haven't quit ever since I started playing in the early beta

< Message edited by FameFortune -- 1/27/2015 15:33:59 >
Post #: 11
1/27/2015 15:25:30   
Lord Machaar

Luck an ED affects more the results of everthing on game more than any other factor.
Starting with arcades, battle modes, drop chance of war items, winning contests...
If you are an unlucky person and playing ED, you my friend chose the wrong game.
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
1/27/2015 18:27:57   
The berserker killer

The luck #s/%s are just too complex. Simplify it or just show us the percentages in game. Tbh why are we showing the amount of experience a player has on his char profile? Why are we showing his influence, how much xp he needs until his next rank, the entire scale of a skill on his skill tree instead of just the amount of dmg that skill will do?

Replace that information with useful information like deflect% block% critical%. Release that information on our char profiles and automatically calculate it for us. Youre calculating everything else, youre showing us how to calculate these things outside of the game, you already released the max %s. Stop being so sneaky with it and just release it so that when I click on someonones profile instead of showing me how much xp he needs until his next rank, how much fame he has or how much influence he has I can pay attention to actual PVP information such as his/her percentage to deflect, block, or critical.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 13
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> RNG is completely rediculous
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition