Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

New Idea hope u agree on it !

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> New Idea hope u agree on it !
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/25/2015 10:34:45   
shadow.bane

since the forever active shadow arts skill is useless , why not add 3 % chance for more blocks when activated ? i think it will give this skill it's rights :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/25/2015 14:36:02   
  Exploding Penguin

Nah, I doubt it. 3% isn't that much at all.

If the activation of shadow arts no longer added %-damage mitigation but instead just gave massive block chance (like 70%+) then it would be more useful because it just puts up a huge warning sign saying "do not strike me because this buff is applied."

Epic  Post #: 2
1/25/2015 15:07:58   
shadow.bane

devs will never agree to that 70 % !

my idea is is : imagine this 3 % + the ninja reflex (4%) and like a level 2 - 3 smoke as mine (level 2 - 28 dex) would be a beautiful counter to str builds since i am a focus 5 player str is my weakness , got the idea when i was in battle today with a 1600 hp tlm and i put shadow arts level 3 , and he/she did 120 damage max and much blocks idk , and i won cause battle was fair , so i got this idea of 3 % from that battle that made a lot of sense and still makes sense ... bh will be good again !

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/25/2015 15:09:40   
The berserker killer

I think 3% at lvl 1 is fine, increase all the way up to 13% atmax level.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
1/25/2015 15:19:33   
shadow.bane

^ that's not bad at all :O i like this :)

Bane Hallow The Last Shadow Fiend.
AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/25/2015 15:40:33   
Dual Thrusters

quote:

devs will never agree to that 70 %

I'm not saying that I support this, but a 70% block chance doesn't sound too far fetched considering that Cyber Yeti has a 100% Block/Deflect Chance for 2 turns, while 70% block chance for Shadow Arts does not guarantee blocks and does not increase deflection chance.
MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/25/2015 17:41:35   
  Exploding Penguin

The point is to just say "don't use blockable moves on me for 3-4 turns"

It could be useful in certain ways but would require good timing and a bit of risk-reward investment.
Epic  Post #: 7
1/25/2015 21:55:15   
The berserker killer

im just saying 70% is too high because I can make up a build rn to abuse it. 1k hp, 720 energy, 540 str, 45 dex, 45 sup, rest on tech. wep stats +0 +14 +35 +35. Max reflex boost, all armor stats on resistance. Turn 1: I go first because of my 80 support so I use shadow arts, bam I immediately have 70%+ block chance and 404 resistance. Do whatever you want cause Turn 2: OP smoke headed your way. Try to counter it with a shield, cause Turn 3: since im f5 I have an OP bot with 620 base damage and if hes physical I might be dealing even more because id tack on a physical bot. Turn 4: my shadow arts will end after this turn so let me cast +60 dex shield. Ill have enough energy, especially since my static grenade scales with support and ive got 80 support. Aftere that you wont even last 2 more turns.

70% + the maximum 30% block rate + cores (+6 dexterity core and 4% ninja reflex)= about 108% block chance total for 4 turns. I can smell the tech abuse coming
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
1/26/2015 0:08:48   
  Exploding Penguin

Aim assist negates deflection chance by the equivalent of 28 technology, which is quite a bit.

I think you're forgetting that the energy cost would of course have to be altered to keep it in check. Not to mention casting the buff itself uses up a turn of gaining no rage or dealing damage. And it requires skill points to be invested in that could go to other skills that are also very useful. Additionally, getting blocked generates rage ridiculously fast so it isn't as huge a detriment as you think.

All in all, you risk a large energy cost, no damage/rage, and skill points for a game-changing move. Play it right and it can be good. Play it wrong and it can set you back a ton. Essentially the ultimate tactical decision, which is what turn-based PvP is supposed to be.

And it shouldn't be some small amount like 5-25% or something like that because then you'll just get scrubs pushing their luck and raging at the RNG. We saw that with old shadow arts and that passive just should never have existed because it was raw BS.

< Message edited by Exploding Penguin -- 1/26/2015 0:09:40 >
Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> New Idea hope u agree on it !
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition