Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: My Thoughts on the Ranks

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: My Thoughts on the Ranks
Page 3 of 3<123
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/29/2015 16:41:28   
King Bling

How come you won so many 1vs1 if you complain that ranks are broken too much?
Post #: 51
1/29/2015 16:46:08   
Lord Machaar

I got a nice 40% win ratio, I have been playing since reset, compare my wins with omi x, he is rank 66, he didn't start at reset, yet he surpassed me easily.

I met him today about 20 - 30 times along with the 2nd dude, I lost them all, why? because of their high rank, and me simply having no chance.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/29/2015 16:50:27 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 52
1/29/2015 17:01:08   
Variation

@Lord Machaar: Nope, to obtain level 40 you need to get 7,770 experience after level 39. So that would still leave your calculations incorrect.

Also I've read everything and I've addressed the NPC argument. You're right players don't have to NPC and you know what, they don't have to PvP either. If they choose to completely neglect their options to rank up it's not the developers' fault. If some players want to ride on an excuse as to why they're a low rank and do nothing but complain about it, it's not the developers' fault.

It's quite amusing how you completely neglected the fact that not all high rankers are no-lifers yet again ("Yeah sure, the devs sold the game to no-lifers, what can I do?")

Anyways, that's besides the point. No matter what the developers do players won't be satisfied with it. So the entire notion some people like to make about how players are just so unhappy because of Legendary Mode is pretty hilarious. Players were unhappy long before it existed and altering it/removing it isn't just gonna make the game become mystical again like it was in Gamma. That could be the very reason why the developers are so reluctant to change it. Enhancements v2.0 at the end of the day, but much more fair to credit players. The bigger question is "What should the developers do?"

If they gave players with a lower rank a higher chance to start first some of those players would still moan that high rankers are too hard to beat.

If they just removed Legendary Mode to cater the low rankers it could end up like the removal of enhancements all over again. I'm sure they don't want that.

They could alter them, but if they still gave a power advantage after that some players would still moan.

They could change the ranks to not give power, but they would certainly need to go about that correctly.

... etc.

At the end of the day, no matter what they were to do players are gonna complain. There is no doubt in my mind that they aren't accustomed to it by now, and that like I said it could be why they're reluctant to change it.
Post #: 53
1/29/2015 17:18:56   
Lord Machaar

Not in one single post of mine, I said that ranks should be removed. Once again I advise you to read what I've said again.

There are solutions for everything on this game. I'm sadly not paid to find solutions.

So you are telling me, it's not devs fault for not foreseeing this? Whoever suggested this system to give players something to do after reaching level cap has no idea about the game. Simply because, since ED was created, every single balance problem was related to:

- Small range of players having HUGE advantage over everybody else.
- Pay To Win rule: basically that's what they were trying to fix in Omega.

Ranking system could've worked in a "more populated" player base than this one we have. Then, many players will rank up, leading to fair battles. Where high rank players meet high rank players, in this case. Where basically the server can drop down to 200 players at reset. One high rank player will man up on players with lower ranks. And yes, man up and brag with his winning % while he has a huge advantage over everyone else. You never thought about that? When number of players in the server drop down dramatically, when a rank 60 pushes the 1vs1 button to find a battle, he won't find a challenging battle for him, since there aren't any players in his rank. So let's feed him some low rankers.
At this stage, you will basically a player with 50 ranks higher than you for 50 - 60 times, because there are only both of you. I once again say, I cannot judge you because you didn't experience it. You are a high rank now, the game for you is flying butterflies and unicorns and rainbows.

I will say this again, the game has been sold out to no-lifers. Period.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/29/2015 17:25:10 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 54
1/29/2015 17:32:19   
zion

Once you get to rank 20 you have completely even defenses. If you go str build, you put plus 30 on primary and you are basically on the same level as a 60 ranked player... so its really only half as bad as you say.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 55
1/29/2015 17:37:57   
Variation

@Lord Machaar: I didn't say you did, I was just bringing up the point players like to ignore the most -- no matter what the developers do there will always be players who are unsatisfied with what the developers do. It was like that in 2009 also, albeit the community wasn't nowhere near as bad back then.

The issue is, what the developers foresee is subject to opinions, seeing that some players are happy with it and some aren't pretty much, but that is the case with everything EpicDuel related. So since that's generally the case that is probably what the developers foresaw honestly.

Yep you can say it as much times as you want, it's your right to say it. That doesn't mean it holds any significance. Especially considering the fact that there are casual players who are high rankers.

EDIT: @zion: I actually did reference that point before (as in having all ranks unlocked won't serve as a major benefit versus all builds). The only builds that can generally take advantage of all 60 ranks are focus based builds.

< Message edited by Variation -- 1/29/2015 17:59:03 >
Post #: 56
1/29/2015 18:12:15   
The berserker killer

So did anyone buy the beta stuff
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 57
1/29/2015 18:39:28   
Lord Machaar

@Zion
You are safe until rank 30, with one condition that you use a strength build. Then you can max out 3 stats, for example: Str, Defense, Resistance.
As Variation mentioned, this doesn't apply when you use a f5 build. This build actually gets the best out of ranks. Imagine a rank 1 f5 vs rank 60 f5. Strategy will decide who will win? I believe not. Since 5 focus builds are very clear where they base on Robots. 45 str 45 dex 45 supp rest on tech, 800 hp. Legendary points will decide who will win here.

MQ Epic  Post #: 58
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> RE: My Thoughts on the Ranks
Page 3 of 3<123
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition