Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Calculate %s on the char profile

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Calculate %s on the char profile
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/27/2015 18:56:48   
The berserker killer

The luck #s/%s are just too complex. Very few players are actually going to sit and create a build while calculating the deflect/block/critical %s that you have given us. Just show us the percentages in game. Tbh why are we showing the amount of experience a player has on his char profile? Why are we showing his influence, how much xp he needs until his next rank, the entire scale of a skill on his skill tree instead of just the amount of dmg that skill will do? That's useless information.

Replace that information with useful information like deflect% block% critical%. Release that information on our char profiles and automatically calculate it for us. Youre calculating it already, just show us youre showing us how to calculate these things outside of the game, you already released the max %s. Stop being so sneaky with it and just release it so that when I click on someonones profile instead of showing me how much xp he needs until his next rank, how much fame he has or how much influence he has I can pay attention to actual PVP information such as his/her percentage to deflect, block, or critical.

Make a little chart that shows that connect chance, block, deflect, crit chances

For example (just like how it shows on your char page):

Primary 553-586 Frozen Fury Scythe E 22%, 24% (color codes will simplify this . 22% will be your chance to connect your strike (green) while 24% will be your chance to critical (red)) . Those aren't realistic numbers in just giving you an example. Lets continue.
Sidearm 553-586 frozen fury blaster p 22% (Color coded Blue for deflect chance), 24% (color coded red for critical chance)
Auxiliary 540-560 Frozen Fury Annihilator P 22% (Color coded blue) , 24% (Color coded red)
Robot 540-560 Black Abyss Bot P 22% (color coded green since this bot is Blockable), 24% (color coded red)
Defense 285-336 Basic Armor 22% (color coded green for your % to block)
Resistance 293-322 Basic Armor 24% (color coded blue for your % to deflect).

Without all the extra explaining stated above it would look like this:

Primary 553-586 Frozen Fury Scythe E 22%, 24%
Sidearm 553-586 frozen fury blaster p 22%, 24%
Auxiliary 540-560 Frozen Fury Annihilator P 22%, 24%
Robot 540-560 Black Abyss Bot P 22%, 24%
Defense 285-336 Basic Armor 22%
Resistance 293-322 Basic Armor 24%

EDIT: All percentages would vary depended on the opponent simply because I was made aware that it changes depending on the opponent.

As far as useless information goes:
quote:

all skills descriptions during battle should clearly read the following:
- if deflectable it should say 'deflectable'
- if blockable it should say 'blockable'
- if undeflectable and unblockable it should display nothing
- it should clearly display 'energy dmg' or 'physical dmg' for all skills and attacks. This is needed because for robot specials some players may not know if for example eating weapons by the Yeti deals physical or energy dmg
- damage should be calculated and displayed automatically - like it is displayed for Bunker Buster. But the damage should be the real one, considering enemy debuffs - for example, if you have bunker buster with 200-300 dmg but you apply Smoke Screen on the enemy, the damage displayed should become 250-350 until Smoke ends.

All information and descriptions about skills should be displayed in character window. But in battle, once you hover the mouse on a skill, it should display the above information.

EXAMPLES:
--- STRIKE ---
Current description: Attack enemy with current equipped weapon. (Really, why do I need this displayed during battle?)
New description: 250-350 physical damage. Blockable

--- FIRE SIDEARM ---
Current description: Shoot an enemy with your equipped sidearm
New description: 250-350 energy dmg. Deflectable

--- NECROSIS ---
Current description: Spit acid on your enemy, lowering their defenses by an increasing amount for 3 turns.
New description: 250-350 energy dmg. <Nothing> (because Necrosis is neither deflectable or blockable). SPECIAL: Spit acid on your enemy, lowering their defenses by an increasing amount for 3 turns.

--- IMPROBABILITY GATE ---
Current description: Energy required: 90. Opens a netherworldy portal, dealing Aux damage plus 5% of your target's max health. (Useless info)
New description: Energy required: 90. 300-400 physical dmg. Deflectable.

--- AZRAEL'S WILL ---
Current description: Energy required: 160. Charm an enemy, forcing them to strike you on their next turn. Deals 85% normal damage.
New description: Energy required: 160. 150-250 energy dmg. Deflectable. SPECIAL: Charm an enemy, forcing them to strike you on their next turn.

Basically what a player needs to have at hand in a batlle is:
- real damage amount to be displayed, considering all modifiers, e.g. buffs, debuffs, Rage def ignore etc.
- type of damage: physical/energy
- if deflectable/blockable
- special effect

Worst example currently is Fire Scythe. Its description is so useless that you cannot even tell how much damage it deals.

Just an idea, tell me what you think. Thank you.

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/28/2015 10:34:54 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 1
1/27/2015 20:33:49   
youbo

It don't work like that...
Your % of chance to block,crit,etc is depending on your AND YOUR OPPONENT's stats. For the same character, the % change depending on his opponents. Therefore,this suggestion is impossible.

However, I found another way to increase convenience that could be implemented:
In battle,after selecting an attack,when you mouse over an target, the damage range,block/deflect chance and crit chance appear.
For example,if someone use an basic strike that do 150-180 on at target with 80-100 defense and same stats with ninja reflexes core(+4% block),it will say 50-100 damage,12% block and 4% crit.
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 2
1/27/2015 21:17:18   
The berserker killer

thatd be effective too!

Im pretty sure the only formula that works off of your opponent is the First turn formula. Everything else is just numbers. If a dex mage has a 30% chance to block, +4% ninja reflex and +6 dexterity boost (gun core) he has about a 36+% chance to block. If I am wearing Celtic Cleaver (7%) and I have mediocre dex (10% chance to connect) then altogether I have a 10% chance to block and a 17% chance to connect. The rest is just based on the players intellect. 36-17=19 which means that the dex mage will have a 19% chance (approximately) to block my strikes.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 3
1/27/2015 21:25:57   
youbo

Everything is based off both player's stats
Proof: http://epicduelwiki.com/w/Battle_Mechanics
AQ MQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/27/2015 21:39:12   
The berserker killer

in thatcase your idea sounds even better. I have to admit, I don't like that its set up that way but eh it is what it is.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
1/28/2015 3:57:33   
Drianx

This idea is very good.

Actually I would suggest that all skills descriptions during battle should clearly read the following:
- if deflectable it should say 'deflectable'
- if blockable it should say 'blockable'
- if undeflectable and unblockable it should display nothing
- it should clearly display 'energy dmg' or 'physical dmg' for all skills and attacks. This is needed because for robot specials some players may not know if for example eating weapons by the Yeti deals physical or energy dmg
- damage should be calculated and displayed automatically - like it is displayed for Bunker Buster. But the damage should be the real one, considering enemy debuffs - for example, if you have bunker buster with 200-300 dmg but you apply Smoke Screen on the enemy, the damage displayed should become 250-350 until Smoke ends.

All information and descriptions about skills should be displayed in character window. But in battle, once you hover the mouse on a skill, it should display the above information.

EXAMPLES:
--- STRIKE ---
Current description: Attack enemy with current equipped weapon. (Really, why do I need this displayed during battle?)
New description: 250-350 physical damage. Blockable

--- FIRE SIDEARM ---
Current description: Shoot an enemy with your equipped sidearm
New description: 250-350 energy dmg. Deflectable

--- NECROSIS ---
Current description: Spit acid on your enemy, lowering their defenses by an increasing amount for 3 turns.
New description: 250-350 energy dmg. <Nothing> (because Necrosis is neither deflectable or blockable). SPECIAL: Spit acid on your enemy, lowering their defenses by an increasing amount for 3 turns.

--- IMPROBABILITY GATE ---
Current description: Energy required: 90. Opens a netherworldy portal, dealing Aux damage plus 5% of your target's max health. (Useless info)
New description: Energy required: 90. 300-400 physical dmg. Deflectable.

--- AZRAEL'S WILL ---
Current description: Energy required: 160. Charm an enemy, forcing them to strike you on their next turn. Deals 85% normal damage.
New description: Energy required: 160. 150-250 energy dmg. Deflectable. SPECIAL: Charm an enemy, forcing them to strike you on their next turn.

Basically what a player needs to have at hand in a batlle is:
- real damage amount to be displayed, considering all modifiers, e.g. buffs, debuffs, Rage def ignore etc.
- type of damage: physical/energy
- if deflectable/blockable
- special effect

Worst example currently is Fire Scythe. Its description is so useless that you cannot even tell how much damage it deals.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/28/2015 3:58:23 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/28/2015 9:15:40   
shadow.bane

ghost god ... this wont work ! cause luck factor is the following :

based on u and ur opponent ! like so >>> you have 100 dex he have 50 dex so u got 50 dex more so the higher rate of blocks is on ur side

another thing : u have 100 dex and ur opponent have 150 so block rates now is on his side

the % changes with each and every player u meet no just based on ur stats ...
AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/28/2015 10:20:37   
The berserker killer

@ Shadow Bane: Yes, we have already gone over that and I said that this

quote:

In battle,after selecting an attack,when you mouse over an target, the damage range,block/deflect chance and crit chance appear.
For example,if someone use an basic strike that do 150-180 on at target with 80-100 defense and same stats with ninja reflexes core(+4% block),it will say 50-100 damage,12% block and 4% crit.

is a better idea.

@Drianx: That's absolutely perfect. Theres too much useless information being showed to other players in this game. ED needs to show the things that actualy matter like all of those things you mentioned above.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 8
1/28/2015 20:55:21   
shadow.bane

^hey man but the point is to see ur skills and calculation in battle , not to give u all information needed , then it will be not 90% luck game like now it will be 100 % luck game cause no one is using his MIND
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
1/29/2015 0:36:39   
Drianx

@shadow bane: imagine your opponent has 200 hp and you have 5 hp and it is your turn, you have 15 seconds to choose a finishing move, otherwise you lose. Do you really think 15 seconds are enough to 'use your mind' and calculate 20% def ignore or 85% of normal strike damage? No, you don't.

< Message edited by Drianx -- 1/29/2015 0:38:41 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 10
1/29/2015 6:21:27   
King Bling

The DNs said that they are getting a better server which holds up more than enough information per each player,when you change and build log out and login, you still have that build because the server saves your adjusted stats, skills and rest weapons stats etc. Using this information, Ghost's suggested idea can be implemented what ever stats the enemy may hold. It isnt hard if they have all the info needed.
Post #: 11
1/29/2015 7:55:31   
The berserker killer

Exactly. And no one can do those formulas in 15 seconds to calculate which attack would be best. If I know in battle that my strike has a 10% chance of connecting but my gun has a 28 % chance of critical I'm gonna use my gun.

Luck is going to follow everywhere. Theres no doubt about it. Its omega. We might as well make good use of it
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 12
1/29/2015 10:48:43   
shadow.bane

lol i laugh ! am out of this useless topic cause it will never be happen ! u just want everything easy , no brain use , no fun , ed dead :) . ENJOY :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
1/29/2015 12:05:00   
JUSTICE IS MINE

Supported 100% The char page looks boring and they need to add some new features
Post #: 14
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Calculate %s on the char profile
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition