Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

2vs2 Filter

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> 2vs2 Filter
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/28/2015 11:06:29   
Lord Machaar

This is the last time I will report this. Filter is not Deleted. And this is confirmed.
This leads to UNFAIR 2vs2 battles.
2 Higher rankers from Legion/Exile Vs 2 VERY LOW RANKERS.
Sometimes it leads to two level 40s with HIGH RANKS VS. 38 / 36.

2vs2 fillter needs to be deleted.
http://puu.sh/eYeRp/3ba63afab8.jpg

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/28/2015 11:07:16 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 1
1/28/2015 12:38:46   
The berserker killer

ill tell you now, your problem there was attacking sr. jaspion instead of ekasus. 2v2 is all about strategy, ranks and levels don't matter. Countless players have won countless times vs 2 40s while their partner was a lvl 36-38 and you will find the credits/xp to be very rewarding. THat proves that 2v2 is just about strategy, that's it.

I thought the filter was removed but maybe there was a mistake

< Message edited by The berserker killer -- 1/28/2015 12:39:16 >
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 2
1/28/2015 13:01:51   
King Bling

Yes thought winning against a higher rank should give more creds and exp in 1vs1 and 2vs2, think bout that?
Post #: 3
1/28/2015 14:06:20   
Lord Machaar

We attacked Ekasus X. But they spent to health medics on him, and we had to switch targets. That's first.

Increasing rewards when defeating a player with high rank is a good suggestion, but what's the point of making that if you can't already win one?
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
1/28/2015 19:42:26   
dfo99

it should keep enabled during the wars.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 1/28/2015 19:53:48 >
Post #: 5
1/28/2015 21:47:36   
Lord Machaar

Any good reason for that? Other than resulting in imbalanced battles?
MQ Epic  Post #: 6
1/28/2015 21:58:40   
  Exploding Penguin

There is almost no competitive factor to 2v2 and it's literally entirely luck. Builds and their counters, levels/ranks, and teammates are completely random yet they're the most important thing in determining your win. This is why I don't really care about fairness in 2v2 because its nature is just to be imbalanced and unpredictable anyways.
Epic  Post #: 7
1/28/2015 23:21:26   
dfo99

is not the devs fault if the exile players is stronger and you legion partner weak, imo the filter should keep working during war times.
Post #: 8
1/28/2015 23:49:51   
Variation

@Exploding Penguin: 2v2 isn't nowhere near luck based, that's more of a generalization 1v1 players like to make of it because they don't prefer that mode. Also a good 2v2 player's win is much more reliant on strategy and not crossing his fingers for a good partner. I would know that considering I've beaten two rank 60+s with a level 36 partner more than once.

The problem with 2v2 minus the Legion v Exile filter is that many players simply lack the 2v2 skill to succeed in it. Players such as myself who have been hardcore 2v2ers for years(I started only doing only juggernaut and 2v2 sometime in Gamma on one of my older accounts) in this game have that 2v2 skill to succeed in it. In fact, some players even consider 2v2 their main mode because it requires much more strategy to win in compared to the generic 1v1 battle mode. So no it's not entirely luck. It's based much more on skill -- even when the odds are against players in 2v2 if they play strategically they can win most of their 2v2 matches.

I've had matches such as the one Lord Machaar posted and still won them without an issue. However, I do believe the Legion v Exile filter is problematic and should be removed. It could help the low ranking players who aren't so skilled in 2v2 to have a higher chance to win.
Post #: 9
1/29/2015 3:10:58   
Lord Machaar

While we are having this conversation, 3 hours after reset, 200 players in epic server, i'm playing since 50 minutes against same player that has 30 ranks more than, using an OPxOP build (a str blood mage), so basically me vs him now, I click one vs one I find him, I wait, and I click again I find him, those are about 30 losses, in a row. Not mentioning other losses ofcourse, and you come here and tell me ranks aren't an advantage?

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/29/2015 3:15:07 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/29/2015 3:25:15   
Ranloth
Banned

Statistically speaking, ranks are an advantage. You are the same level, but one of you has bonus damage/defense on top of it, whilst it's not taken into account when it comes to Exp/Credits, as well as starting first - unlike levels.

This is actually a fact, rather than an opinion. And yes, I do personally believe that ranks should be taken into account for both, or at least starting first.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
1/29/2015 4:08:24   
RageSoul

The 2v2 filter thing is the case of lack of consistency in updates . Even some Cores were nerfed without mentioning in the DNs ( like Improbability Gate ) ; what i mean is that they now do stuff without mention or do nothing more often than before ( filter is most likely not an accident , just inconsistency ) .

About the Ranks .... well , let's say those who wanted it are people you wouldn't won't have a decent discussion about this so-called "Mode" .
AQW Epic  Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Balance >> 2vs2 Filter
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition