Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= January 30th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Pregame

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 30th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Pregame
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
1/30/2015 17:01:34   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

January 30th, 2015
Heartbreaker Saga 2 Pregame

The coveted Heartbreaker/Azrael items have returned once again! Visit the Alydroid in Fortune City to explore its shop of sensational seasonal rares, available NOW!

These are some of my favorite items in all of EpicDuel so I'm always excited to see them return. They also happen to possess some of the most powerful cores to entice those who value power over aesthetics.

Remember, these are seasonal rares with some being limited quantity. They will leave so be sure to stock up while you can! However, these aren't the only seasonal content coming to EpicDuel. In fact, we're in the process of planning the next major event...

Heartbreaker Saga 2: Electric Boogaloo

Prepare for this new epic event launching Friday, February 13!

This event will take place in the mysterious realm between life and death known as the Void. Many of Delta V's cititzens were banished here by Baelius in a desperate attempt to crush the uprising decades ago.

This realm is vast so although it is home to countless beings, they are very distant from each other making this a very lonely, but awe-inspiring, place.

Some happen into the Void through technology, some through death, but escaping is a complicated matter. Those who were born into the Void view the incursion of humans as a nuisance at best and a plague at worst. Humans are unique in their curiously and desire to understand and manipulate the Void to their will. Void Creatures want seek to maintain balance in this realm lest it become infected by outsiders. Some are friendlier than others, but their loyalties are always to the Void above all else.

Join us for this exciting event as we reveal the mysterious of the Void and it's inhabitants...some of whom may be familiar to you.

"The Big Game" Returns!
Are you ready...FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!

For those of you international players, we're refering to American Football or Hand Soccer as it's otherwise known. This Sunday the SeaMonsters will do battle with the Patreons...as far as I recall. I'm bad at sports talk. Anyway, I'm sure the commercials will be expensive!
Celebrate this event with the "Big Game" achievement available NOW in the achievement shop.

The War Wages On!
There is another battle raging this weekend: the battle for The Barrens Outpost!

After a strong start, the Legion forces gave way to the persistent Exiles. There's still plenty of time for that to change as every war tends to surprise with its final outcome.

It's still too early to call and there's a lot more dueling to do so don't give up! For Order! For Freedom! Duel On!

Tags: Nightwraith
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
1/30/2015 17:17:48   
Lord Machaar

3rd Month: Still waiting for a mention to balance.
MQ Epic  Post #: 2
1/30/2015 17:21:24   
Drianx

Oh wow, after two weeks of nothing, they announce an update in another two weeks - unless it will be postponed.

It feels like watching the grass grow.
AQW Epic  Post #: 3
1/30/2015 17:32:16   
coolboyelazizy

Well I really laughed hard now.

Its so funny that the devs don't care at all how we think.

So all those creative players who gives awesome thoughts don't bother yourselves by posting them cuz guess what?

The devs won't even check them.

Peace.
AQW Epic  Post #: 4
1/30/2015 17:42:32   
Inkwolf

Considering that every thread here is immediately hijacked into everybody's personal rants, is it surprising if the devs stop reading? I would.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 5
1/30/2015 18:00:41   
InFlamed Fury

Well regardless of the criticism, i'm actually looking forward to seeing the new area and story that goes along with it. Also am hoping that a new promo comes out with it :D
AQW Epic  Post #: 6
1/30/2015 18:36:51   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Thoguht it was out already, noticed I have the 46th Big Game cheevo but no new one. Well, I can wait.

Edit: Hang on a tick.. February 13th? Is that everything being released then, or just the Saga? As in cheevo and weapons today..?

< Message edited by Digital X -- 1/30/2015 18:37:59 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 7
1/30/2015 18:41:45   
Lord Machaar

Well they are sketching some new art to drawn the game even more art. Quantity over quality.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
1/31/2015 4:41:59   
King Bling

We want balance not this things

< Message edited by King Bling -- 1/31/2015 6:30:55 >
Post #: 9
1/31/2015 6:15:43   
Ranloth
Banned

Time and time again, players complain about having nothing to do apart from PvP, lack of story, etc. When things are released to deal with that, players just find a different target. There's no pleasing everyone, because it's impossible. Not everyone wants balance, in the same way not everyone wants Missions; hence why both are needed.
No mention of balance doesn't mean it's not being worked on either. We have separate Teams focusing on each area, so it's not like we clash with each other and have to focus on one thing. Mentioning a balance update in advance, and giving no ETA, means players will keep saying we delay balance updates for no reason, or change what was originally said. Hence why it's not done until last minute, even.

As of to why we keep "drowning the game with art", it's not like players are affected by it. If you don't want to buy them, that's fine - but there are people who do. In the same way people want balance, whilst some want storyline and Missions. It's a learning process for the Guest Artists, and building their portfolio, if they want to go farther into game dev, and create digital art for games. Char tweeted one of the players too, recently, saying the same things.
Only because some players don't like the idea, it doesn't mean everyone else don't either. And there's the focus on building the portfolio, or just releasing weapons for the sake of it. We are well aware some people only buy weapons with cores, so they will just ignore everything else without one.

Fun fact: NW does the databasing. Yes, a Dev Artist. Titan and Rabble don't have to database the weapons themselves, because it's already done by NW; so it doesn't slow them down in terms of coding other features, releases, etc. OWA and I mentioned this back in December too.

In regards to no update. DNs from Monday did mention the server move requires full attention. It was a necessary move, not an optional one, and for all AE Games. The servers needed to be upgraded after all the years, because it was affecting all the games in one way or another; downtime, server lag, etc. It wasn't a choice, but a necessity - not just for ED, but the server move was done for ALL the games.
AQ Epic  Post #: 10
1/31/2015 6:38:07   
SouL Prisoner

^Ranloth

We don't have any problem with new weapons and art and whatever Dev's want to add into the game. The problem only arises when player demanding features are not implemented, instead all we can see is tons and tons of pointless weapons. No matter how many weapons you make, some or the other players are bound to buy! That doesn't mean that become your primary focus.

All we want is for Dev's to implement more of new features instead of just weapons and occasional missions. And i don't have to explain why we/players are so hang upon new features, rather new weapons, because it's pretty obvious. Players that have all the weapons they need cannot/do not want to buy more. Hence useless to the old players. And missions, you just finish them in couple of hours... But a new feature, that stuff gets a player busy for a long time and something to look forward. A goal.

I have being saying this time and time over and over, please please focus on new features. It doesn't matter even if it takes months to make them. The longer the wait, the sweeter the results!
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 11
1/31/2015 6:49:58   
Ranloth
Banned

My point being: Titan and Rabble can still focus on these new features, if any are in the process of being made. People need to realise the Guest Teams are taking the workload off them, actually, and allow to focus more on stuff that we cannot do - but Devs can. It also allows to have releases a bit more often - whether it's items, Missions, etc.
Again, Artists cannot do much more than create art. You can't blame them for that (not saying you do), but then again, NW databases them, so Titan and Rabble aren't affected by that either. There's a reason why we have dedicated Teams for everything now, instead of Devs trying to cover all areas on their own and not having enough time to do so very often.

I know features are necessary, and some should get in-game ideally asap, but I don't call the shots either. I merely write so there's Missions to do, instead of having nothing else. Same with hoping the storyline progresses - some people want the story, or play for it, so it's also my job. Again, only minority cares for that, but it mustn't be overlooked either. Same with balance - it is being worked on behind the scenes, let me reassure you on this. No ETA nor details are given, for obvious reasons, but we aren't ignoring it either - I also personally read the posts on Forum and pass information over where necessary.
AQ Epic  Post #: 12
1/31/2015 10:57:58   
Lord Machaar

@Ranolth:

Balance is more important than anything on this game. Balanced game = Happy players.
When I talk about balance. I'm not saying devs after they read the posts here and go directly balance the game. Correct me if I'm wrong, there is a testing team. A dedicated server to that team, with all the tools to actually test and clarify what we are saying here. I once heard of the balance tracker, Where is that? What is that?
But in the end who decides? Testers? I believe not. Balance tracker? I believe not?. The devs who decide, AKs, Mods, Testers transmit the information (Atleast that's what I heard, because I can barely see a moderator in-game).

With that being said @Ranolth. I don't know if you have played this game for long enough. But this game is pretty much older the majority of its players. With that being said, this game has been running for a quite a while now. If you tell me after all those 6 years, balance remains a problem?

I prefer quality over quantity, sketching 3k new swords with 3k another sword coming as seasonals isn't right, atleast for me.

To go back once again to my first sentence. Balanced game = happy players. Balanced game means each player will be able to proceed in the game, which means, and as you know, the new swords aren't for free, players need to actualy play and get credits to buy them, well how can they do that when for example, rank 1 faces rank 60 and still gets the same reward, or for example when a 2vs2 battle starts with 36 / 38 vs 40 / 40 where both players 36 / 38 are legions/exiles and they were put in the same team for the sake of what? Storyline? War? So you are telling me balance comes in second place after "Fancy" little-no-changing-and-will-not-bring-back-players "storyline".?

To expand more my idea on why balance is more important than weapons/Storyline?
As @SoulPrisoner stated, technically, if you are going to buy a new weapon, it will be for the look. This is a fact. Because taking for example all new weapons, which don't have a special locked active/passive core, they are all same to me in terms of balance, why? because you can equip same cores to them/put same stats. In terms of look they might be different but why would a player, decent one, waste an inventory spot and credits for the sake of a repeated weapon which will be stocked in his inventory (I'm talking about decent players).
And yeah don't tell me some players need new weapons, we aren't running on a 1k - 2k players server, where players want new weapons each day. Merely, at its best, the server reaches 500 players, and goes down to a nice 200 players in reset.
For the storyline: As far as I know Cinderella took care of this matter, but since she is preparing her PhD, I think the guest writers should fill up her spot.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 1/31/2015 11:48:54 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 13
1/31/2015 11:44:19   
T.600

The problem with ED is that it the game isn't really moving forward. Weekly updates seem to have become monthly updates now, and most updates are just fillers like missions, gifts, codes etc. instead of more complete updates such as balance changes or new features such as tournaments, faction interface changes etc.

Even when the balance updates you are talking about do come, they always do the same thing, almost inexorably. There will be a new OP class, a couple of average classes and one class that is nerfed to the point of being virtually unplayable. The last ''balance update"just made tac merc OP, and for something you're claiming takes great consideration and work, it seems like it could have been done better. Also, does the balance team have a clear, coherent definition of balance? Is balance making everything so equal and constrained that there is no build creativity allowed in the game? Changes such as adding stat requirements to skills (especially to TM) seem to reflect this manifesto and I think it's a flawed way of viewing balance. I personally believe that ''balance'' is an ideal to strive for whereby there is a perfect equilibrium between freedom in build making and build power.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 14
1/31/2015 11:59:07   
The berserker killer

all weapons are the same. we don't want art, we want cores, content for factions and content for pvp
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 15
1/31/2015 13:46:10   
SouL Prisoner

New weapons are nothing but an excuse to saying that our game has weekly updates. Since Delta, more and more weapons are dumped in the name of weekly updates. Before Delta, new weapons used to be something to be excited about. Mainly due to 2 reasons. 1, Rarely new weapons were added. 2, New weapons = getting the exacts stats you want. (mostly it was Dex and tech)

I remember in gamma all f2p players had pretty much the same weapons, but nobody every complained about it! Because there was new content update. New features etc. Nobody cares so much about weapons as you might think in your head.

Players crave for something new, not new weapons. As if there wasn't already enough weapon that they now make only seasonal-rare weapons. What was the last rare and ultra rare weapons?? Other than some Prize code weapons.

Let at least some promo weapons be rare. So much weapons are dumped in-game that the weapon value has gone down so drastically that even level 5 player looks like a level 40. Earlier players actually worked hard to get all weapons and enhance them. But even that was ruined by the gift feature.

The person who told "Don't fix it, if it isn't broken" wasn't some fool. And that is what Dev's has done. If they wanted to make the game fun and watever the hell... idk, they should have added things into the game, not change the things already in game(Changing active cores into passive, completely ruined faction system, locking cores, weapon cores costing energy to use, removing boosters etc...)

ps.: The unwanted and dumping also applies to achievements. From 1 yellow star to 1 blue star it took ED nearly 4 years. But from 1 blue star to one red star it only took 2 years! When it's suppose to be harder after the blue star! What do they plan on doing after the red star?? Go for all the colors available?? Talk about destroying the value of each and everything because you're just too lazy to be creative enough!

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 2/1/2015 2:36:16 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 16
1/31/2015 18:56:47   
dfo99

i hope that this time they finally release a boss harder than saeva lionhart, which still is the hardest boss of this game.
Post #: 17
2/1/2015 2:34:55   
SouL Prisoner

^You want hard battles?? Go fight Titan, NW, admin 10, Exile Leader, Jorge Lowe etc(Without the Frost weapons)

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 2/1/2015 2:35:33 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 18
2/1/2015 2:40:44   
The Jop

Eh, they're all easier than Saeva (or at least were for me).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 19
2/1/2015 2:49:17   
Rayman
Banned

Soul: Titan is easy, same goes for nw, admin 10 and exile leader can be soloed and lowe without frost wep its too easy now.
We Need Harder 1v1 Bosses and harder 2v1 bosses.
AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/1/2015 3:00:14   
SouL Prisoner

Why do you guys keep forgetting that not everyone in ED is level 40+. This game isn't just for the higher levels you know. Too much hard boss = leaving out the low level players and it's kinda not fair to them.

And Titan is only easy after level 40+. You can barely defeat him at any level lower than that.

@Jop

Usually there are two kinds of bosses. 1, That uses mostly 1 type of weapon(Phy or Energy) Those are the tricky ones. The are hard but using the right build they are easy! And then their's the other one that uses everything, i mean everything. Really oped ones. And to win with them, you need to get lucky.(No funny business in battles. By that i mean no critic, deflection etc)

And The boss you're talking about falls in the first category. It's easy and at the same time really hard. That is if you don't know the trick.

< Message edited by SouL Prisoner -- 2/1/2015 3:01:07 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/1/2015 3:04:32   
The Jop

Saeva is difficult until he runs out of energy, since then he only uses physical weapons. Titan and Nightwraith are more difficult in that case.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/1/2015 3:11:08   
Rayman
Banned

They can always add a Hard Mode and Easy Mode of the NPC if only X Npc is requiered to kill for a mission.
Sometimes you have to reach the lvl cap to beat Certain bosses just like Titan and NW back in beta unless you were a TM.
AQW Epic  Post #: 23
2/1/2015 4:16:12   
SouL Prisoner

If you guys are itching so much for a hard mode, then why don't you just fight with just a sword or something. Make it hard yourself. Why give all the way so much trouble to Dev's??
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/1/2015 4:35:16   
RageSoul

^Unless they're CH/BM/TLM/BH , then said suggestion won't apply there .

But on to the topic , i say the upcoming expansion to the storyline is , although not at utmost importance , going to look good . But still having no solution to issues like First Strike advantage , impact on STR attacks and Cores only scaling based on Weapons/Items rather than actual Stats is very unbearable indeed .
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= January 30th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Pregame
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition