Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=AQ= Chinese New Year Suggestion Contest! Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =AQ= Chinese New Year Suggestion Contest! Discussion
Page 1 of 41234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/9/2015 18:55:11   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

CLICK HERE FOR DETAILS!

Post your entries in the contest thread, this thread is for discussion only!

< Message edited by The Hollow -- 2/9/2015 20:57:52 >
AQ  Post #: 1
2/9/2015 19:11:50   
Daimyo Daimyo

Awesome! AQ is celebrating Chinese New Year for the first time. The item doesn't necessarily have to be Year of the Goat/Sheep/Ram-themed though, right?

*INB4 someone suggests an item involving the Chinese Zodiac Wheel*

So does 1st place also win tokens or get their item put in their inventory for free?

< Message edited by Daimyo Daimyo -- 2/9/2015 19:24:08 >
MQ  Post #: 2
2/9/2015 21:05:17   
Olzzon

Sorry about that.

I'll wait til someone post in the right place before doing anything else.

< Message edited by Olzzon -- 2/9/2015 21:35:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 3
2/9/2015 21:26:41   
Macho Man

^Wrong thread guys, you should post them in the other thread.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 4
2/9/2015 22:11:43   
Atomos

does like Goat/Ram/Sheep pet, firecrackers spell or firecrackers themed weapon would probably come into the mind of most people.

Dong Dong Chiang pet or armor would probably too, as well as red packet misc and something to do with oranges, just predicting what the common suggestions would be like.
AQ  Post #: 5
2/9/2015 22:34:08   
Kohryu

xD Yup, can't really think of anything else.
AQ  Post #: 6
2/9/2015 22:51:53   
poopbum

Well this is a good opportunity to get ourselves a nice armor in the GGBs! Pretty nice that anything goes now. Hmm I might cook up something once I got time and ideas later.
AQ  Post #: 7
2/9/2015 23:07:14   
stratuscone

nice contest, will think of something soon haha
AQ DF  Post #: 8
2/9/2015 23:23:27   
Lord Yeoj

Had a go, you never know when you could win something as long as your ideas are unique!
Good luck to the other idea makers and thanks staff for the great contest!
AQ  Post #: 9
2/10/2015 0:56:45   
Immortal God

Always end up making something that's OP. Oh well guess it wont hurt to try.

Good luck to everyone who enters. Can't wait to see all the interesting and cool ideas people come up with.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 10
2/10/2015 1:24:31   
zfloydz

Year of the Dragon Form, of course!
AQ AQW  Post #: 11
2/10/2015 3:21:15   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Ooh, shiny. I have something in mind too, let me balance it real quick. Good luck to all entering people!

Note to self: Don't try to come up with chinese names when your chinese skills are even worse than those of google translate >.> <.<

< Message edited by Rafiq von den Vielen -- 2/10/2015 3:56:31 >
Post #: 12
2/10/2015 3:42:12   
ss2195
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

@Hollow: Can we design something Airenal's Lance-esque with a weapon that Summons an armor? Long shot but worth a try!
I'm so psyched about this... IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DRAW!
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 13
2/10/2015 4:21:39   
Luster Bladewarrior

I have to research Chinese new year (what do people recommend here?) but a guarantee to get my suggestion or better* thing in game?

Excellent!

*As determined by staff.
AQ  Post #: 14
2/10/2015 4:23:05   
Rafiq von den Vielen

Well, my idea is up. And I feel like I've forgotten a thing or two.. well I never was the number cruncher so I'll just leave it and wait for staff decision. ^_^
Post #: 15
2/10/2015 7:14:11   
Atomos

quote:

Year of the Dragon Form, of course!

unfortunately its not the year of the Dragon this year, its the year of the goat/ram.

the next year of the dragon is 2024.
AQ  Post #: 16
2/10/2015 8:13:26   
Carandor

Archknight
AQ Pedia

quote:

Can we design something Airenal's Lance-esque with a weapon that Summons an armor?

Pretty sure someone asked that during a previous contest and Zeph said no.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 17
2/10/2015 8:31:59   
ss2195
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

hmm, also.. does this have to be about sheep, or can we consider other aspects of the CNY myths?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 18
2/10/2015 9:55:52   
skull x

Hollow did say "your own original idea themed around Chinese New Years", I guess any animal relating to the Chinese new year would be ok. (though don't take my word for it)
Post #: 19
2/10/2015 11:55:24   
Olzzon

I really hope we don't have to give specific numbers. Thought the general idea was the thing they were after.

Some of us are not good at making balanced numbers, me for example.

Looking at the suggestions, I know whitch armor I really want to see winning the contest.

Coolest item name so far is probably Rafiq's. Makes me think of DS for some reason.

@afterlifex Thanks! Glad to hear.

< Message edited by Olzzon -- 2/10/2015 12:08:08 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 20
2/10/2015 12:05:49   
afterlifex

X of the AQ Q&A/EC/BS

^ numbers have never been needed for a suggestion, a detailed original concept is what is wanted. Any numbers would have to be redone as is.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 21
2/10/2015 15:00:31   
ShimmerSoul

Aaaand left my AQ ID off my submission and had to edit it in, probably disqualifying myself in the process. :/ Curse you, multitasking. Oh, well. My idea was kinda meh anyway. There are some really impressive ones turning up, though. These three in particular are some I would love to have in my inventory. Good luck to all participating. :3
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 22
2/10/2015 15:21:33   
Luster Bladewarrior

@Oizzon: To add on what Afterlifex said:
You can do numbers to get an idea of how your idea would look - I find it neat enough, even if in my head it is still represented by an idea/name - but at least previous Shadow contest ideas, for example, were more often implemented in spirit rather exactly as written, even as far as ideas went. Numerous winning ideas used no numbers for this at all.

"Oh, the contest entries with numbers just happened to look better" isn't a thing at all.

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 2/10/2015 15:30:35 >
AQ  Post #: 23
2/11/2015 3:29:06   
Rafiq von den Vielen

@ Olz: Coming up with item names is hard, trying to do so in chinese is even harder when the first two things you had in mind aren't even translatable (or google translate sucks too much, mind you I had to use it, I don't understand even a word of chinese myself XD)

Although I'm in your boat with the numbers I didn't add many of them simply because I can't do it. I am horrible with numbers.
Post #: 24
2/11/2015 3:46:02   
Atomos

Just submitted mine, I know we are not supposed to edit but I accidentally made a minor typo error in the description, so I hope that's excusable.
AQ  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2 3 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> =AQ= Chinese New Year Suggestion Contest! Discussion
Page 1 of 41234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2014 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition