Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =AQ= Chinese New Year Suggestion Contest! Discussion

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQ= Chinese New Year Suggestion Contest! Discussion
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/4/2015 8:06:49   
Bu Kek Siansu

^ I think, they will announce the winners first 'cause usually the winners will have to wait for their rewards.

2/23/2015 14:58:04 http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21928150
quote:

Thank you for all the great ideas! We will now begin the difficult process of selecting a winner :)

2/9/2015 18:53:23 http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21921798
quote:

Prizes: 1st place: The winning idea will become a permanent addition to the Golden Giftboxes! 2nd place: Wins 3000 Z-Tokens! 3rd place: Wins 1000 Z-Tokens!

When: It starts Monday, February 9th and ends two weeks later on Monday, February 23rd. Winners will be announced one week after the contest is over.
Post #: 51
3/5/2015 7:34:14   
Nick.dant

Anyone know when the winners will be announced?
Post #: 52
3/8/2015 7:39:28   
Lord Yeoj

When they have been selected?
AQ  Post #: 53
3/9/2015 4:20:08   
Rafiq von den Vielen

I understand that most contest entries are by now pretty antsy when it comes to announcing the winners (because frankly:
quote:

Winners will be announced one week after the contest is over.
It's now been two weeks.) but do keep calm. I'm sure Hollow or anyone will get around to it as fast as they can.

Yes, I'm willing to admit that I am not quite happy myself with such a thing happening without a single staff notification of what exactly happened to keep it delayed (that is unless I overread one, if this is the case I apologize) but honestly what can we do except wait?
Post #: 54
3/13/2015 14:56:53   
  The Hollow
AQ Lead

We had a very hard time with so many great entries! Thanks again to everyone that participated :)

1st place: skullx
2nd place - Wins 4000 Z-Tokens: Neon_hyodra
3rd place- Wins 2000 Z-Tokens: Exodus Winter

Honorable Mentions - Wins 1000 Z-Tokens:
Legendary Ash
poopbum
ss2195
Shiba
The Forgotten
GRDN
AQ  Post #: 55
3/13/2015 15:05:35   
Olzzon

Congratz to skullx and the rest. I'm excited to see skullx's armor in the GGB shop in the future!

AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 56
3/13/2015 16:59:52   
Shiba

Woah, thanks for the 1000 z-tokens... More than I could hope for, not being in the top 3! :) gonna check the winner's entry now

EDIT: woah, an FO ice/fire armour! Hopefully it will not convert to ranged on the skill, because it is a ram attack! Also it should detect the highest of Str/INT, so that boosting items work with it. Otherwise it's a great winner :)

< Message edited by Shiba -- 3/13/2015 17:15:03 >
AQ  Post #: 57
3/13/2015 20:49:27   
poopbum

Yay 1k tokens for me!! Congratz to skullx and the other winners/mentions!!! Awesome we are getting an armor!!!!

@Shiba: Me agree, tho might be best to just make it like Hand of Tera'Suul and have the fire skill be a weapon-based one so that rangers and warriors will both be happy. Makes most sense for a ram attack IMO.(either that or melee like you said) Using player stats for major is nice too and can make sense cos we are using our own might to ram them. ^^

Hmm I think the bleeding for that stacks right as well as the stun?(if the enemy is already bleeding, increase power and if already stunned, increase duration....... otherwise just do full damage if they got status?)

Dayum this armor is gonna look hawt!

EDIT: Hmm this armor's skill reminds me of dat wyrm spell... still too early to think how it might be implemented tho.

< Message edited by poopbum -- 3/14/2015 5:47:25 >
AQ  Post #: 58
3/13/2015 23:30:46   
Luster Bladewarrior

Well, I'm glad that something I likely can use won :) Gratz to skullz, here's to hoping the implementation is just as good as I hope it will be.

Not making a long post this time, just few things I find interesting about that top9 list:

A) With the expectation exception of poopbum's idea all are comparatively simple enclosed concepts.
B) 6/9 are armors, 3/9 are pets. Looks like those who predicted misc would win were quite off-base.
C) Thematically, there are two goats, one festival, two festival foods, one about zodiac, three nians and a dragon (dance)-themed entries. Quite varied

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 3/14/2015 5:56:35 >
AQ  Post #: 59
3/14/2015 2:33:34   
GRDN

Honourable mention? Me? I'm flattered.

The winning idea's quite interesting, getting quite an FMS vibe from it. I wonder how it will turn out in-game?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 60
3/14/2015 3:10:56   
Neon_hyodra

Wow I got second place. Totally did not expect that considering how short my entry was.
First place armor seems very interesting. Will look forward to getting it.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 61
3/14/2015 4:26:07   
skull x

Dayum! I can't believe this! O_O

I always have a fascination with opposite elemental combinations.

About the skill, I not really sure about the skill conversion (I just used some existing armor skills' conversion for that matter, but yeah.. it probably should have been melee instead of the ranged conversion.. ramming one's horns isn't really very ranged like) as well as the penalty, bleed stacking/effect, etc. sorry..

Hopefully it will be balanced/sorted out once it gets implemented.

Thank you very much Hollow and the staff for this contest and everyone who participated in it. Congratulations to everyone.

Hopefully in the future, there will be more contests such as this one.
Post #: 62
3/14/2015 4:28:18   
Bu Kek Siansu

Congratz to the winners. I'm glad that I can replace my Hand of Tera'Suul with Formidable Spirit Protector. :)
Post #: 63
3/14/2015 6:17:23   
Rafiq von den Vielen

zfloydz can now finally stop posting about a level 150 FMS everywhere, lol

Congrats everyone.
Post #: 64
3/14/2015 18:38:29   
Nick.dant

Seriously..
Post #: 65
3/16/2015 19:28:56   
poopbum

Wow that's fast! The armor seems to be coming out this week.(dang it looks good)
AQ  Post #: 66
3/17/2015 4:12:53   
Rafiq von den Vielen

^ If you wanna call the visualized offspring of a Ramleoness and a Demon Steed good that is. Dunno... just I think a lot more could have been done with that. :/
Post #: 67
3/17/2015 17:22:21   
The Forgotten

Exquisitely pathological (AQ Q&A/Strat)

Wooo ... can't believe my completely not srs suggestion got a nod. Congrats to everyone else who won something! :) Excited for the armour ...
AQ AQW  Post #: 68
3/18/2015 7:56:02   
Nick.dant

Wow. Despite putting some serious research into my idea and a pretty substantial amount of detail and descriptive work into it, with full design, colours, animation, modifiers etc, I don't even get a nod, whilst some people get a prize for these? Weak staff. Seriously weak
Post #: 69
3/18/2015 10:27:54   
Bu Kek Siansu

^ You submitted and edited your first and second entries which will result in an automatic disqualification.

http://forums2.battleon.com/f/fb.asp?m=21921798
quote:

Rules (entries not following these guidelines will not be considered)
1. Have fun!
2. Each player gets one entry.
3. Your idea must be your own original idea themed around Chinese New Years.
4. You cannot delete or edit your entry once submitted. This isn't a race and everyone's submission will be reviewed! -Unless it's something simple like a typo. Then just note it in your post!
5. You must include your AQ ID in your submission, so we know who to reward the prizes to.
6. Not following these rules will result in an automatic disqualification.
Post #: 70
3/18/2015 10:38:18   
ss2195
How We Roll Winner
Nov14

^In addition to what Bu Kek Siansu's already mentioned, even if the staff were to just take your first entry, it doesnt have the same level of detail like entries by Exodus, Rafiq, Poopbum, Lu5ter or mine for that matter. Be a sport mate! I mean, most of us lost to a Dumpling pet(A delicious and unique one at that... but still a dumpling! :P )

There's always a text time... to get second place! Coz the first place is MINE!! xD
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 71
3/18/2015 11:18:39   
poopbum

Seriously tho, TBH and with all due respect some of the picked pet entries(and how they get there in the first place) really boggles my mind.(especially the short dumpling entry)

Really says something about.... I'll just stop here. Again very glad that my ridiculously long entry gets a nod. ^^

< Message edited by poopbum -- 3/18/2015 11:24:04 >
AQ  Post #: 72
3/18/2015 13:44:28   
Nick.dant

Thanks Bu Kek for clarifying the issue of making two entries, I didn't remember that, so my fault. my second post was very detailed if they could only take one regardless. But instead of being selfish, as poopbum mentioned there were some seriously good suggestions that were also not alluded to, and agree that was weak on the part of the staff
Post #: 73
3/19/2015 10:33:00   
Luster Bladewarrior

@above:
Heh, while I certainly didn't expect this, I did say on first page better (*as determined by staff).
Just so this happens be the style they wanted out of it, though I wish I had known that in advance
In any case it is pretty recognizable in intent, so for that style the entries indeed are better.

And if wishes were fishes, then they sure fished one out here. Though in reconsideration, I likely wont be using the armor after all, for same reason I ditched FMS

< Message edited by Luster Bladewarrior -- 3/19/2015 10:34:49 >
AQ  Post #: 74
3/19/2015 11:15:27   
poopbum

^Theme-wise it seems pretty random tho.(other than the general simplicity and gimmick-ness of some of the ideas, especially teh pets :P)
AQ  Post #: 75
Page:   <<   < prev  1 2 [3] 4   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Official AE Announcements and Contests!] >> Official Contests >> RE: =AQ= Chinese New Year Suggestion Contest! Discussion
Page 3 of 4<1234>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2017 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "WarpForce.com", "Artix Entertainment", "Artix"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY | Forum Home

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition