Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Discussion on Legion vs Exile's involving wars in general.

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Discussion on Legion vs Exile's involving wars in general.
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/12/2015 19:36:28   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

So if your reading this, You are probably wondering what this discussion is about. I'd like to have a conversation with fellow players of the epic duel community on your thought's of Legion versus Exile forces in wars.

As you may have noticed, we've come quite a ways in the way of what war is going to control what, and who has control of what. But have you ever stopped to wonder, what would happen if one of these 2 forces had complete control over the entire Delta world? Or maybe you'd like to share some thoughts on which war's you've enjoyed and which ones you would like to do over, Or maybe you even have some ideas or thoughts about what some future wars you'd like to see somewhere in years to come?

Let's have a good healthy discussion on all this, I'd like to read your thought's and ideas. I'll be more than happy to also share my thoughts.

And if there is already a thread for this particular discussion which involves wars in general, than I politely ask the arch knights to point me in the right direction.

Thanks, and let's discuss :)
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/12/2015 21:28:36   
Mother1

In the old days if that happened there would have been a problem for the other side. However now with this new war system and none of these events having any effect on the story line not much sadly.
Epic  Post #: 2
2/13/2015 2:29:46   
Ranloth
Banned

It's difficult to have them affect the story, when the said region is to be at war again, around a year later. Older Missions would have to go rare for that reason, and we'd have to write new ones, depending on the winner.

We have few references here and there though. For example, Naval Yard War was triggered due to everyone making their way to BigTuna, both alignments; I referenced the Regional Wars in Overlord Guard's dailies; one of the Dailies I'm currently writing also will mention another Regional War. As it stands, having each war affect the story would result in tremendous amount of work - making some Missions go rare, changing NPC dialogues, moving some NPCs elsewhere, etc; it happened to Alydriah during the Frysteland War, as she was banished and returned to Fortune City, but that isn't feasible for every single NPC.
AQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/13/2015 11:58:09   
Lord Machaar

^ Having a dynamic story line is way better than having TBT (throw back tuesday) each year, resulting in a boring wars.

You mentioned that if wars affect the storyline, that will result in a tremendous extra work. I think one year difference between two wars in same region is enough, and more enough, to write a bunch of missions. We are not talking here about monthly wars in each regions, we are talking about yearly wars in each region. Plus, "Affecting" storyline doesn't mean always you have to change everything. Affecting a storyline can take many forms, major is it mets an event, or a tiny one if time isn't enough + there isn't really anything going on. I think you know what I'm talking about.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/13/2015 12:00:37 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 4
2/13/2015 13:32:03   
Ranloth
Banned

Moving NPCs and changing dialogues works, when it seems reasonable to do so, as per Frysteland War example. It depends on the war, objective, and who's involved too; what seems easy to change, isn't necessarily easy to write - even more so when it conflicts with the notes left by BigTuna himself, so options end up being limited. There are other projects which could use the attention first, such as continuing Alydriah's story, Dread Plains, and the Infernal Mines (the latter two being stagnant for a while now) - all of which CAN be affected by the Regional War, and most likely will; dialogue, that is.
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
2/13/2015 14:02:56   
Alkimos
Banned

These wars are almost identical twins of the frost land 1.0. The infernal war however, no matter how much money you possessed, you could not buy out the war. You actually had to battle to even get a chance at the boss and when you fought the boss you had to actually fight it. From the business side of things remember this game needs a way to be funded. If we want better releases it needs money to support that. Unfortunately at this time, wars are bought, the richer side has a greater chance of winning that's just how wars are. My favorite war was infernal 2.0

Countless variables & factors contribute to winning wars and I think that is what makes them fun.

< Message edited by Alkimos -- 2/13/2015 14:12:33 >
Epic  Post #: 6
2/13/2015 14:42:08   
Mother1

@ Alkimos

Sad but true. This is why we have hardly any non variums going for war hero because at the very last minute someone with deep pocket can spam bombs to overshadow their work and this has happened quite a few times to some of my friends.

At best with the old infernal war you could buy an advantage but not one that was so big that it made hard work worthless. However here PVP comes second to Varium which to be honest is extremely and I mean extremely broken. Especially when the game itself is PVP and battle related to the core.
Epic  Post #: 7
2/13/2015 14:51:10   
Lord Machaar

@Ranloth:
Not really waiting a "lot" from a guest writer(s), as devs are giving you missions, mini-events, so for now, main storyline is suspended until the lead writer comes back. Can't wait for Cinderella to finish her PhD and come back to bring some action to the actualy storyline.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/13/2015 14:59:20   
Ranloth
Banned

We have full control over the storyline. Cindy is still around, since she helped with writing Frozen Fury and Heartbreaker Event. Currently we're expanding on NPCs that have little to no backstory, so we have solid foundation, instead of plot holes and making the stuff up as we go along - with no previous reference in-game. It's needed for some characters, before the main story can resume; especially since some NPCs are tied with the Infernal War / Dread Plains.
AQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/13/2015 15:09:48   
Lord Machaar

Who said that focusing on regional war stories won't help in that?
This problem could've been fixed by relating the wars to main storyline. It's a simple process, where in every regional war, NPCs of that region get updated. If for example there is a war happening in barrens outpost region, this means, if a story was made of this regional war that affects/touches/cross-over-with the sotryline, it will automatically lead to the update of all NPCs of that said region. By the end of the year you will have a more "Logical" stories of those NPCs rather than "made-up" stories for some NPCs.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/13/2015 15:11:24 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 10
2/13/2015 15:24:49   
Ranloth
Banned

If you have any ideas, post them in =ED= Storyline Suggestions instead.
AQ Epic  Post #: 11
2/13/2015 15:27:06   
Lord Machaar

It's not really a suggestion, you are here saying that you are updating some NPCs for the sake of next events that might/might no happen. We are discussing here how updating some NPCs which barely any player can see is better than making a storylines of regional wars that pretty much everyone is playing on.
MQ Epic  Post #: 12
2/13/2015 18:22:32   
dfo99

quote:

We have full control over the storyline

only ed devs (people who get money with the game) have the control of story line, players even being a close friend of devs still are players. you are only a player with high priority suggestions to implent in the game, however anybody can be a guest anything.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 2/13/2015 18:23:05 >
Post #: 13
2/13/2015 18:57:39   
The berserker killer

^ That. And is this EpicDUEL or EpicSTORY?
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
2/13/2015 19:27:31   
The Hollow Soul

@Dfo99, I think anyone who helps build a story or a game is considered staff by AE. They have to fill out the same N.D.A's that people actually paid by AE have to fill out, have to follow all the rules of social media that they have to do as well, and they do get control over some story-line things(most likely not main storyline, which would be written by main staff along with guest writers), just like every other AE game.

I also think you underestimate how much of AE is made up of people who are considered "Guest writers, artists, testers, or volunteers." If you took them all away from each AE game, there'd be a big gap all around and each game would suffer. They help build the game you're playing. Even if you disagree with what they're doing.

@The berserker Killer, that is fully opinion based. I like ED better with actual story then I did when AE first brought them in and it was just a PvP game.

< Message edited by The Hollow Soul -- 2/13/2015 19:40:22 >
DF  Post #: 15
2/13/2015 19:29:57   
The berserker killer

And I support that but don't understand why we cant have a mix between pvp and story. 8/10 releases are missions and story as opposed to actual PVP content besides balance and weapons that are all the same
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 16
2/13/2015 19:32:36   
The Hollow Soul

Hopefully the staff can find a halfway point of how to handle both and appease to both sides. I'd say give them more time to see if they can find a nice balance.
DF  Post #: 17
2/14/2015 2:37:47   
Dragonnightwolf
How We Roll Winner
Apr/Jun/Aug15

Well going back to Frysteland we did see some rather surprising changes to the backgrounds. After legion won there I mean.

And let's not forget that the infernal war (which I fell in love with, story, war and all) had the defeat of the legion's general who is at this moment, whose still under the lawman's watch..
AQW Epic  Post #: 18
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> Discussion on Legion vs Exile's involving wars in general.
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition