Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= February 13th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= February 13th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 1
Page 1 of 212>
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/14/2015 10:48:54   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

February 13th, 2015
Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 1

The events of Frozen Fury ripped a hole in space and time, allowing travel into a realm beyond life and death. Journey into the Afterlife to learn more about the mysterious and powerful Necronauts Paz and Clemek. What is their purpose? How are they able to travel between worlds? Are they human or something beyond comprehension?
You will begin your journey into the great hereafter at a familiar face: Negawraith.

He will guide you to investigate some mysterious disturbances around the nearby Guard Outpost ruins. Longtime players will recall in the original Heartbreaker Saga, Administrator 12 was planning a coup to dethrone Alydriah and restore sanity to the Legion. Unfortunately, Administrator 11, Alydriah's brother and weapon of mass destruction, killed Administrator 12 in his office. His smoldering shoes and golden gun remain as a reminder from Alydriah to show what happens to those who would betray her.

The guards have been hearing noises...voices...that they can't explain. This line of inquiry will lead you to Frysteland to a portal leading to the Afterlife: a realm between life and death and home to billions of souls.

Aldhagrimm's sacrifice may have prevented The Endless from going rogue and destroying the world, but it also opened a tear to the Afterlife. Inside, you'll find some familiar faces...

...and some not so familiar faces.

Complete this first part of the event to earn a new Void Explorer achievement.

Gear UP!
A certain familiar NPC in the Afterlife will have a massive inventory of new Heartbreaker/Void gear! Stock on these seasonal rares as they will only be available for a limited time! Check out this comprehensive list of the new items available!
  • Valentine's Sword P/E
  • Metallic Heart Blades P/E
  • Metallic Heart Maul P/E
  • Metallic Heart Staff P/E
  • Valentine's Saber P/E
  • Heartbeat Sword P/E
  • Heartbeat Blades P/E
  • Heartbeat Mace P/E
  • Heartbeat Staff P/E

Endless Armor
For those who have access to the coveted The Endless shop, the color custom version of The Endless Armor has arrived!

This version have no cores preinstalled so you can completely customize it to your liking.

You can even make it completely pink...if that's your thing. I'm not here to judge.

Lucky Friday the 13th!

EpicDuel-heartbreaker-saga-2-MMO-pvp-browser-event-friday-the-13th
Collect the Friday the 13th achievement available in the achievement shop for a limited time!

We hope you all enjoy this epic release which should go live shortly. This release is PACKED with content created by our talented guest team, with content from 2046808, Goony, Tomcat, Bidoof, Vultex, Overlord Drekon, and SarpDV! Join us next week as we continue the saga with more mission content from Ranloth (Trans) and OWA! Enjoy your weekend and Duel On!

Tags: Nightwraith

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 2/14/2015 10:49:16 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/14/2015 10:53:34   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

I've been forced to restart this thread due to overwhelmingly negative and unconstructive response to the first one. Remember that there are consequences for breaking the rules and some of you are on very thin ice. I strongly suggest you improve your posting in this thread.

Please consider these quotes from Titan that Ranloth posted in the original DN thread.
quote:

Trans: Do you often find yourself struggling to release something, balance and non-balance related, due to engine limitations?

Sometimes. I like to say that nothing is impossible in the game, it’s just a matter of how long it will take to build. Our dev cycles usually involve a cost-benefit analysis in terms of time. So we list what we could do in a given week, and then select the changes, features, balance updates, and bug fixes that would have the most positive impact on the game.

quote:

GhostGod: Why can't we have a lot of simple features implemented into the game every week? Like 3 new missions, weekly challenges, 2 cores a week, a win/lose counter, solo options on some bosses.? etc etc. I'm not a programmer but these sound simple enough.

We do try to implement some content and smaller features each week, but sometimes to make engine level progress we have to sacrifice the smaller content releases in order to get the larger features out.
Source: TITAN ANSWERS

If you're still confused, please read the =AE= Comprehensive Forum Rules and ED GD Rules or PM myself with any questions.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 2/14/2015 10:56:15 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/14/2015 11:07:35   
Lord Machaar

Nothing about balance. Nothing to do here.

Sigh, I thought it was a new DN xD.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/14/2015 11:08:38 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/14/2015 12:19:07   
Squrwogrona

Lol restarting the truth; simpler than actually doing something about it, smooth move.
Epic  Post #: 4
2/14/2015 12:41:25   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

Do not think this is restarting the thread to remove the feedback given. The big majority of the posts were nothing but whining and trolling and thus the thread was restarted.
Feedback is appreciated but do so in a constructive way. In a way to improve the game and not to complain for the sake of complaining. everyone who posts here knows what the problem is, work on a solution rather than pointing fingers at the problem.
People who do not wish to improve the game and just are here to be a negative influence will have their posts deleted and warned.

~Therril Oreb
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 5
2/14/2015 13:14:19   
SouL Prisoner

@Oreb

Honestly IMO, there's hardly any difference to whining and giving positive feedback. Because the result is zero anyway. So many people complaining, what do you think?? Is everyone just messing around... screwing with you/dev's??

If everyone is complaining, there must be reason/problem. And honestly Dev's are very well aware of why players are complaining. Why players are complaining?? because even after knowing what the problem is, there's just nothing done about it.

I don't know if Dev's are not interested in doing or just doesn't have enough man power to do so... Whatever might be the reason, it's definitely not players problem. It's AE's problem and they should deal with it! You just cannot give excuse for everything.

I know complaining and whining will not get anywhere... But what do you expect players to do?? Players have been/are still giving suggestions and feedback(Dev's should once in awhile check suggestion section) but none of that is happening... So what's left?? complaining and whining...
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 6
2/14/2015 13:36:51   
dfo99

i really don't understand why the devs creat weapons without unique cores or property which affect the pvp, who ask for it? for me anything which don't affect the pvp or will not made this game more fun is a useless investiment of time.
Post #: 7
2/14/2015 13:38:31   
Drianx

There is plenty of constructive feedback in ED Suggestions and Balance Sections. Since devs have no problem ignoring all that feedback, I doubt they feel heartbroken when reading a complaint here and there.
AQW Epic  Post #: 8
2/14/2015 13:48:36   
Lord Machaar

I got to agree with @Soul, it's funny how they ask you here to express something that originally makes you feel sick with a wide smile. Are you kidding me?
Some problems in ED are frustrating, don't wait from players to come here and express their feelings with a wide smile and cool mood.
Players here do give constructive feeback, but on the other hand you can't hide all that frustration, it's just impossible. Especially when you know that devs are aware of that problem but they choose to ignore it.
In the end players are humans, they show feelings, and most of us show their frustration in posts.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/14/2015 13:51:16 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 9
2/14/2015 13:49:44   
dfo99

titan said that the they sacrifice the small features to creat biggers, however spent time design alot of and useless things which nobody ask (like cosmetic items), instead focus in design more information about war (like my suggest of show legion and exile players online, statics), display the faction and rank at player page, a daily wins counter, etc..

also you all should use the #EDcodes to write what you think because the number of players reading this hashtag seems far higher than this forum.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 2/14/2015 13:55:06 >
Post #: 10
2/14/2015 14:20:11   
Mother1

Almost done this mission chain. While it had more PVP missions than I normally see within one chain it is somewhat entertaining.
Epic  Post #: 11
2/14/2015 14:49:21   
King Bling

This is a total crap update actually, no balance, tlm conqrring nothing new, some crappy missions which take 5 mins to complete, new weapons which looks the same with nothing new in it, apart from that they look crappy, thin, unattactive, nothing willing to buy , or spend, or play, no 2vs2 fix or 1vs1 fix or juggernaut fix or something related to balance, but all crap IS NOT WHAT I AM GOING TO SAY rather I would reply positively and say this game is working hard but not attacting the players rather setting them apart.
Post #: 12
2/14/2015 15:06:05   
DOOMdeath

The endless armor cc needs to be bought -.- This is just stupid
DF AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/14/2015 18:57:41   
The berserker killer

Well ill try to be as constructive as I can. Art is nice, thats a given. But why would we want new weapons every update in a PVP based game where the Basic Bazooka is as strong as the EggZooka? The Broadsword is as strong as the Beta Cleaver? More importantly why would we buy basic weapons without when cores have such a large impact on who wins or loses in this PVP based game. Some constructive criticism: I am very, very, very disappointed with the fact that mods/devs continue taking a month for updates only to give us this "Part 1 Part 2" stuff. Especially when it only takes an hour to do these missions. The amount of work you put in should not exceed the amount of time players become bored of your update.

Some more criticism: For future references if you want to keep your players busy and you still want to make this an art based game then try implementing actual PVP things WITH your art. By that I mean that these new void creatures should have drops, maybe even a 1% drop for their armor. Or even set us up for something greater by letting them drop Void Shards. Dont tell us what we might need them for, let your players anticipate. From there you could have unlocked a Void Shop in your part 2 where you use these Void Shards as a form of currency to purchase Void Cores that will help in some future boss fight. That is how you keep your players busy.

Altogether im mad, and extremely depressed. I had big hopes for this update. You could have enhanced faction competition with things that would take you 1 week to do and would've kept us busy for months. Youre sacrificing too much small stuff. The small things matter.
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 14
2/14/2015 19:09:49   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

the berserker killer seems to understand how this works. Even if it feels like it is useless, you can still try. Refusing to try to be constructive means you gave up and no longer care.
quote:

@Oreb

Honestly IMO, there's hardly any difference to whining and giving positive feedback. Because the result is zero anyway. So many people complaining, what do you think?? Is everyone just messing around... screwing with you/dev's??

If everyone is complaining, there must be reason/problem. And honestly Dev's are very well aware of why players are complaining. Why players are complaining?? because even after knowing what the problem is, there's just nothing done about it.

I don't know if Dev's are not interested in doing or just doesn't have enough man power to do so... Whatever might be the reason, it's definitely not players problem. It's AE's problem and they should deal with it! You just cannot give excuse for everything.

I know complaining and whining will not get anywhere... But what do you expect players to do?? Players have been/are still giving suggestions and feedback(Dev's should once in awhile check suggestion section) but none of that is happening... So what's left?? complaining and whining...

The difference is the amount of respect you have for us and for the devs. The result might change too, I can't promise that of course. But if you want to whine, do this elsewhere, all you do is getting yourself in trouble and give us the unnecessary work of removing your post and contacting you about the deletion.

If everyone is complaining, there is indeed a reason, but once again, I cannot help you guys with this. I am only a moderator on this forum and my job is to keep things civil here.
So do not agravate everyone by just whining and complaining without even trying to give constructive feedback.

And what I say here goes for everyone. Your post does not need to be 5 pages long explaining what you think of it. Just say what you like (if anything), what you dislike (if anything) and explain for both why. that is how it works.

AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 15
2/14/2015 19:20:25   
Ranloth
Banned

Releases weren't delayed on purpose, when the server move across AE has taken priority - and releasing content whilst moving servers could only conflict the files, and skew the database. This wasn't something Devs decided on, but also AE programmers who helped to move all the games onto the new servers. Whilst Titan and Rabble were helping with the move, everyone else were focusing on the future content - beyond the Heartbreaker Saga.

As in other AE games, weekly releases take around 20-40 minutes to complete, leaving you with doing the usual until the week after. Taking above into account, it's a similar case.
On that note, we have more Spring content prepared already. OWA and I were writing Mission chains between the Winter Event and now, I'm almost done with the new Daily Missions, and Easter Event is also being planned already - similar to Heartbreaker + a side chain for hardcore players (with unique rewards). Artists are also focusing on making NPCs fightable, who currently aren't - the plan is to cover them all, including the likes of Dage. This also means we can put more Missions for them; especially since Writers work ahead of the schedule and plan in advance.

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 2/14/2015 19:21:26 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 16
2/14/2015 19:30:00   
dfo99

in this forum: inconstructive = the forum staff dislike.. this is a completly deturpation of the word construtive, because everything writed about anything can be used to be constructive. even the classic "this game sucks" means at least that there is a player that dislike the actual state of the game, which can be used to "construct" a better game.
Post #: 17
2/14/2015 19:32:37   
  Exploding Penguin

^No, not really. This is actually completely wrong.

I mean, it tells the staff they should probably do something, but what if they do something that makes the game even less satisfying than it currently is? Then you'll just get even more people saying "this game sucks."

That kind of statement is not constructive because it does not tell the staff what they can do to better construct their game.
Epic  Post #: 18
2/14/2015 20:07:51   
The berserker killer

Whoa whoa whoa, did I just read that Dages becoming fightable? Well I think I can wait. Now that is an epic release. Make sure he's near impossible to beat please =D
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 19
2/14/2015 20:24:58   
Ranloth
Banned

The aim is to make all NPCs fightable, if they aren't already. Char mentioned that a couple of months ago, so we are slowly making progress there - Raymus and Naomi got the treatment, I think Habuki was a new fightable NPC too; hence why we write these small chains for them; [1] expand their story, [2] give players something to do, and [3] have more possibilities in future Missions.

Mind you, Dage is-- well, Dage's NPC. I do believe we would need his permission / Dage himself to create the battle view (because it's his NPC). In the same way as some characters can't be used in, say, AQClassic, because the old writers are long-gone and didn't give permission to take over their projects / characters / etc. **this doesn't mean Dage will be fightable very soon, but I would very much hope so we get the permission from him**

< Message edited by Ranloth -- 2/14/2015 20:27:01 >
AQ Epic  Post #: 20
2/14/2015 20:32:55   
dfo99

quote:

That kind of statement is not constructive because it does not tell the staff what they can do to better construct their game.

lol, force the player say how the devs need do their job is a insanly stupid thing which happens only at this forum, of course is good the player help, however is the job of devs search and find what made the game sucks, not the players.

< Message edited by dfo99 -- 2/14/2015 20:33:15 >
Post #: 21
2/14/2015 22:03:17   
One Winged Angel1357

@dfo99 Penguin is correct if you just say this game sucks then you give no basis for what is wrong. If you go legendary ranks suck then you are about 10% of the way to where you need to be.

@Everyone As Therril said and as I have said many times the difference between constructive criticism and complaining is giving a reason why.

If I'm going to play devils advocate here then a constructive criticism of this update is it released coreless weapons which serve no purpose in the game when you can save up a few more credits to buy a cored and most likely mutating weapon, I consider sidearms and auxs as mutating as well because they have no class restrictions. The mission chain, for some players, only takes one sitting to beat giving little reason to log in until the next update. Finally there is no change in balance so the existing problems with PvP will continue to exist.

I'm going to cap this example with saying I haven't even played the update yet this is just from listening to you people and it gets all of your points across in a polite manor. Except the CC armor comment I fully agree with CC and non-CC being separate items because the way the art works is really strange and if you tried to CC a non-CC item something would be off

Edit: I also just got home from work and this thread was shoved into my face so my example is not nearly as strong as it could be and like I said it lacks any personal touch making it even weaker. Humanity goes a long way in making constructive criticism so long as it is not full of hyperbole, five minutes to beat, and fallacy. You also need to treat the audience with the same respect you expect them to give you and when you are posting on the forums your audience is not just the Dev's it is the lurkers, posters, moderators and admins as well. Anger and spite do not make a point stronger either

< Message edited by One Winged Angel1357 -- 2/15/2015 0:46:51 >
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 22
2/15/2015 0:16:56   
dfo99

owa

as i said before, is better explain why the game suck, but force the player do it for don't get the post delete is insane, because a small review of the game still is a review and any review/conclusion is constructive because show the player experience and POV of the game.
i was not anger in my posts, also i don't spit in the devs work as you try show here because i don't said that was a crap work in any posts, basicly you confuse my extremly direct to the point nature of my posts with anger. also i don't understand what you try say in the falacy part.
Post #: 23
2/15/2015 0:46:38   
One Winged Angel1357

@Dfo99 After the second line it was a message to everyone I'll edit it to make it clearer.
AQ DF AQW Epic  Post #: 24
2/15/2015 2:45:16   
RageSoul

So what's the criteria of "Constructive" ? My post got deleted despite having no super hurtful message , just me reminding what could have been done better when the longer unsolved problems are still existing rather than just going void on them like they don't exist.
AQW Epic  Post #: 25
Page:   [1] 2   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= February 13th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 1
Page 1 of 212>
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition