Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

=ED= February 20th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 2

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= February 20th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 2
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/20/2015 16:20:25   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

quote:

February 20th, 2015
Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 2

Return to the Afterlife to complete the second part of the second Heartbreaker saga! The Necronauts Paz and Clemek are more unhinged than ever as their time away from the world of the living has drained their humanity and sanity! Challenge them to a battle of wits and brawn from beyond the grave in this exciting conclusion to this saga!

This epic update comes with THREE achievements. One for completing the chain, one for beating the boss, and one for completing the super-secret BONUS mission! Well, it's not so secret. It's actually in your mission...nevermind.

Moar Missions
This release will also feature brand new missions created by Ranloth! We intended to release them as dailies, but it looks like one of the chains BloodHawk Training slipped into the regular mission category. This will be corrected in the next release, allowing you to complete it again and again!

Necrotic Armaments
The Necronauts have been in the Afterlife long enough to develop some interesting hobbies -- weaponcraft, to be specific. Visit Clemek to browse his inventory of Void creations, including the Necronaut Armor!

Just don't fog up the dome with too much necroplasm. You'll feel all...funky.

Necro-Stylin'
Access the style-change interface to try some Necronaut and Endless styles!

Finally satisfy that need to be a disfigured skull-head man (or woman). What's the hose attached to? Only Paz knows for sure.

War Update
You may have noticed this most recent war is lasting an awfully long time. We've noted this. With the War 2.0 system, we built a feature to balance the duration of the war based on the previous war's duration. The last war occured during the holiday season, a time when our activity spikes unusually high. This made the war end very, very quickly, causing the system to say, "HEY! These players need a REAL challenge!" Thus, the next war was adjusted based on those extreme numbers.

Now, we are in a state in which the total points needed to win the war are much too high. The war would go on for months at this rate. Thus, to shorten the duration, we will be reducing the total points needed to win.
No personal scores will be reduced. No one side will receive an artificial advantage.

The positive effects are that participating players will receive their prizes sooner. We will also be able to reach the next war region early Spring rather than early Summer!

Balance
We will be performing a substantial and much needed balance update next week. We planned on balance improvements this week, but ultimately, we decided we would need more time to test the proposed changes. We will keep you updated on the proposed changes as they are closer to being locked in.

Tags: Nightwraith

Enjoy! ~Battle Elf

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 2/20/2015 16:40:21 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 1
2/20/2015 16:36:30   
  Digital X

Beep Beep! ArchKnight AQ / ED

Glad to see balance being addressed. Apparently 3 cheevos in this release which is nice.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 2
2/20/2015 17:05:55   
Lord Machaar

Beautiful, 2 new fightable bosses, some cool new missions, reducing the number of influence to win the war.... I have nothing to add until I see the balance changes.

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/20/2015 17:21:14 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 3
2/20/2015 18:26:07   
The berserker killer

To be honest...I like this. The constant releases. Keep it up. For future references you should do things just like this, split it up and ease your way into putting in new content every week. Even if its small, new content every week is better than a boatload at once and then waiting 4 months for more content
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 4
2/20/2015 18:37:35   
Ranloth
Banned

There should be more Missions next week, on top of the balance update - and more in March, as we prepare for the Easter Event; which is in the works already, anyway. Didn't expect Dailies to be released today though, which is always neat - one of them awards the Whiteout core, so perhaps we'll see more people using it without having to pay for it every time. *permanent version would be nice too, but it's not my call*
AQ Epic  Post #: 5
2/20/2015 23:12:53   
Silver Sky Magician

Alydriah's activities grow ever more ominous - the Necronauts' mission, coupled with the words of the Mysterious Man in the Void, hint that Baelius is actually already dead. And that he could be resurrected, with unknown consequences. This latest saga provides an enticing glimpse into the future of Delta V. There is room to doubt if he is indeed Baelius, however - his rational and humble words after completing his mission point to a very different person from the power-crazed authoritarian Baelius is depicted as.

However, there's one aspect where this saga falls short. It fails to provide an explanation about why it was so critical to banish the Endless, despite a hint in the Part 1 Design Notes
quote:

Aldhagrimm's sacrifice may have prevented The Endless from going rogue and destroying the world

The plot holes have not yet been covered, though Alydriah's out-of-character actions during last winter have been somewhat accounted for.

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/21/2015 0:08:41 >
Post #: 6
2/21/2015 4:53:00   
Squrwogrona

I'm really hyped now for the Friday 27th. This was a decent and fun update, but nothing gets more attention than balance now.
Epic  Post #: 7
2/21/2015 14:11:36   
Lord Machaar

It would be great if devs launch a pre-patchnote for the balance changes that will occur in the upcoming update. A nice little discussion about them will do no harm, actually, a tweaks can be done easily before implementing those changes, a lot easier than complaining after they are done.
MQ Epic  Post #: 8
2/21/2015 17:46:01   
dfo99

quote:

No one side will receive an artificial advantage.

this is very hard to believe. still there is ways to cheat the war like, change the drop rate odds, add damage extremly slowly (unlike befere where suddently appear 2-4k of influence for both sides every 2mins, now it without any explain doesnot happens anymore, the average playets online remains almost same, never reaching more than 1000) anyway, there is no way to know if the influence of war is result of players bombs only or not, and if the drop rates is same, there is many players at facebook group saying that the war is cheated, so if the devs do anything to prove that the war is fair, that's would be great.
Post #: 9
2/21/2015 20:31:31   
Mother1

Here is a major flaw that happened when they changed the war bar.

Before the change the finisher objective was much weaker due to the main objective having more health. However even with the reduction to the objectives the finisher gained a great deal of power in the process.

If it was the way it was before Legion players might have destroyed it before it gained it's boost in power, however seeing as this change happened Exile players now have a stronger objective to attack the main objective with and now Legion who was ahead before with fire power is now behind and the gap is growing.

So while the staff may not have intended to do this they basically helped exile in this change.
Epic  Post #: 10
2/21/2015 22:59:25   
dfo99

reduce the total points needed to close the war was not good or bad for any side, the exiles got the finisher stronger fast, but will get a shorter period of time to use it against the legion. it should be a captain obvious observation ¬¬"
Post #: 11
2/21/2015 23:42:30   
Silver Sky Magician

^

The 'shorter period of time' isn't a disadvantage at all when the health of the Exiles' objective has also been drastically decreased. As a Legionnaire, I'm disappointed with the unfair advantage Exile has now gained. However, I would much prefer this war to be shortened than for it to drag on for the next few weeks (or months). If Exile wins as a result, that's a pill I can swallow. Like many others I'm not quite certain what I'm warring for - there has been no hint or preview of the reward for the winning alignment, and the wars' outcome do not appear to have significant or lasting impacts on the storyline. The consequences of the wars are outlined in their descriptions but are never shown. Indeed the entire concept is less a 'war' than a inferior substitute for PvP drops. The war system has to be overhauled to make factions and competition relevant again.

My biggest complaint this time is that the war meter update should have happened much earlier - at the very start of the war, when it was immediately apparent to everyone that the objectives' health bars were ludicrously inflated. Why did it take weeks to act when it was obvious from the beginning that this war would drag on?

< Message edited by Silver Sky Magician -- 2/21/2015 23:53:58 >
Post #: 12
2/22/2015 2:12:30   
DanniiBoiixD

Would love a version of the necronaut armor without a locked hairstyle.

< Message edited by DanniiBoiixD -- 2/26/2015 1:04:39 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 13
2/22/2015 5:50:57   
Lord Machaar

Also the war rally occured in a really sensitive spot, war rally made the difference plus the point that mother1 has stated.
MQ Epic  Post #: 14
2/24/2015 20:18:04   
ambien

well the WAR is almost over YAY about time , could the chest prize be some thing rly good or same old thing
any way the prize well make some players upset.

my thoughts on this

always the syfy

< Message edited by ambien -- 2/25/2015 10:34:16 >
Post #: 15
2/25/2015 14:22:16   
Lord Machaar

I'm a legion player, I'm not happy with the result for the reason that mother1 explained, and also giving a rally in a deadly timing. Yet, I'm more happy then upset because this war is ending earlier. I'm not saying that bugged war bar after update was bugged, but you never know :P, when you want something very bad, it ends up happening whether in the way you want it or not, ofcourse if you know what I mean

< Message edited by Lord Machaar -- 2/25/2015 14:24:56 >
MQ Epic  Post #: 16
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel General Discussion >> =ED= February 20th, 2015 - Heartbreaker Saga 2 Part 2
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition