Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 15 of 27«<1314151617>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/28/2015 15:29:36   
Mordred

Huh, so, I'm using Chronomancer, and I'm using the Necrotic Sword of Doom, a scythe. I have no main stats, so my stat arrangement was +63 STR, +57 INT, and +51 DEX. However, I was dealing Magic damage on my attacks, even though STR was the highest of the three...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 351
2/28/2015 17:23:11   
Therril Oreb
Legendary AdventureGuide!

IIRC, there is this weird bug considering scythes that if more than 1 stat is trained, and that INT is the second highest, it deals magic damage.
Is something from years ago. Nice noticing that though Mordred. I guess that goes on the list of bug fixes that need to be done :p
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 352
2/28/2015 18:41:24   
Mordred

I thought that bug was based on DEX being the middle stat, not INT. Because I think it made people see Pierce damage. :S
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 353
2/28/2015 19:43:34   
Arithonne

I thought that scythe bug was if Int was higher than Dex the scythe would deal magic damage.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 354
2/28/2015 20:11:12   
Mordred

If that had been the case, I would have experienced it before I traded in my STR for CHA. This is definitely new, because nothing else changed.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 355
3/1/2015 7:47:06   
abralah245

LOVE the new UI , it's sad that I can't keep hitting crazy damage with my crit skill now , but it should make the game more interesting , I really like the new design it makes the game feel fresher , I hope you look into stun skills on some bosses , they can be insanely overpowered , baron valtrith just kept using stun and I couldn't do anything about it

Post #: 356
3/1/2015 7:49:20   
Therril Oreb

well the stun locking is having a stroke of bad luck. I had times where I did not get stunned at all :/
With these new stats though, bosses can be a lot more interesting since Defensive skills have a better use now so playing defensive is a better option while being a glass canon is also still possible.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 357
3/2/2015 2:15:02   
Brasca123

Loved the update guys, it is a small visual change but a really good one
about the CHA change and the dragon pet: the last skill in fight normally gave 19 dmg per hit but my pet got 22 on every hit (I have 30 CHA) is this a bug (since CHA should not affect skill only how often they are used) or just CHA doing its job?

PS: I noticed some people said it already but, the golden bubbles in the red buttons are weird
AQ DF  Post #: 358
3/2/2015 2:28:49   
Therril Oreb

quote:

Cha - Every 10 points gives your pets and guests +1 damage. No cap. This rounds down, so if you have 59 points you would get +5 damage.

You can find everything on the first page Brasca

And yes, the golden bubbles are different, but they give a nice touch to it and we will get used to it in no time :D
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 359
3/2/2015 5:00:07   
Zaelin

I find the new UI to be a refreshing break from the old one, however even though it may be hard to do so, I wouldn't mind being able to change it back every now and then just for nostalgia's sake. Don't get me wrong though, I love the new look and hope it to improve even more in the future
Post #: 360
3/2/2015 21:28:26   
Oynque

Dragons are still broken. Mine misses as often as it hits. Is there a fix coming for this?
Post #: 361
3/2/2015 21:33:26   
Ash

That depends. Summon your guest dragon and look at its Bonus. That's the Bonus your pet dragon has. Nothing in the formula changes between guest and pet for that stat. This is the point I was making when people were asking about if Bonus and M/P/M/B/P/D were working. They do work, what you're seeing is exactly what I ran into, even with checks in place to let me know if something wasn't working right. Sometimes a bad roll is a bad roll, and Flash's RNG is just horrible at rolls.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 362
3/2/2015 22:24:26   
Mordred

@Ash: Any word on the weird scythe bug? Because I don't remember it from before the patch.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 363
3/2/2015 22:37:38   
Ash

It has to do with you not having a hard trained base stat. I just tried a character having differing amounts of Str/Dex/Int from items but 0 in each of those hard trained. I had the proper extra damage but the scythe check coding had nothing to lock onto so it defaulted to magic. I also tried with the same amount hard trained at 1/1/1 and it did the same thing, proper bonus damage but magic damage. I pushed it to 1/2/1 Str/Dex/Int hard trained and it properly did Pierce and proper bonus damage.

I don't know why it's doing this as I did not touch the scythe check coding. It's probably been there since Rolith did those changes years ago but since Luk and Cha held no merit no one took them as their "main" stat so no one ever found it. I'll check on why and possibly see about making a fix for it tomorrow after I take care of a few other things.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 364
3/3/2015 9:37:07   
Oynque

Okay. My dragon has a bonus of 50. How do I increase that?
Post #: 365
3/3/2015 9:49:54   
Dracojan

level up
DF  Post #: 366
3/3/2015 9:57:09   
Karika

Dragon Bonus is (Level/2) + 10, so assuming you're level 80, there's no way to raise it (until the next level cap increase at least).
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 367
3/3/2015 17:15:49   
Oynque

quote:

Dragon Bonus is (Level/2) + 10, so assuming you're level 80, there's no way to raise it (until the next level cap increase at least).

Well, that's a hell of a note.

I've tried to be patient, but this is the same type of poorly planned, poorly executed meddling that drove me away from Adventure Quest. I've spent quite a bit of
time and effort developing my dragon to where it's a reliable ally. To find out it's been reduced to the equivalent of a Level 1 character ... and there's nothing
I can do about it because I'm at the level cap ... is very discouraging for future gameplay.

When is Artix going to learn: if it isn't broke, don't fix it?
Post #: 368
3/3/2015 17:16:29   
The Jop

What would the C.E.O. of the company have to do with game mechanics?
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 369
3/3/2015 17:20:42   
Ash

quote:

When is Artix going to learn: if it isn't broke, don't fix it?

First off, things were broken which is why they were changed. I didn't make any changes just off the top of my head because I thought, "well you know...I think I need to change the entire game today. Let me just make it worse!" Secondly, the pet and guest now have MORE bonus then they did before. How is that not a fix and how does that mean he's been "reduced to the equivalent of a Level 1 character"?
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 370
3/3/2015 18:18:55   
Snakezarr

@Oynque How is the dragon weaker in any way? They have more bonus and at max charisma do a fair bit more damage, please explain it to me since the dragons been buffed not nerfed...
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 371
3/3/2015 18:58:19   
aryc0110

On the topic of the dragon, now that we can no longer summon the guest dragon mid-quest, we can also do nothing to change its element mid-quest.
Is there a way to fix this?
Post #: 372
3/3/2015 19:02:27   
Ash

The element of the guest is set when it's summoned, the game can't alter that once it's already out. The only work around I can give you at the moment is if your guest dragon is the "wrong" element you can change the element on the panel and then summon the pet when you get out of that battle. The pet should still be summonable in the quest. It's not a great work around but it's all I can give you until I come up with a better way to do certain things which might not be for a while as the dragon system as a whole is kinda messy and all over the place.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 373
3/3/2015 20:36:33   
aryc0110

Thanks for the info, Ash. I understand completely, I was hoping for a more immediate solution, but if the system needs a lot of work, I can definitely wait for when you have more time to implement those features. Seriously, I'm the first person I've seen to list a complaint about it on this forum, so it can't be too prevalent an issue. Take your time.

As someone who has played Dragonfable for six years (I was, what, eleven then? Wow that went by quickly), I personally think the game is taking a step in the right direction.
Before this, I simply put the majority of my points into strength and endurance, with some wisdom along the side so I could use my DoomKnight properly, and I never died in any quest, no matter how poorly I played. Now I have to put more points into my wisdom than I do my endurance and I actually have to think before I use a skill. My deaths are still few and far between, but my brain is certainly working more during the combat, and I like that.

Side notes:
I like that you're working on the potions next, the 5 mp per skill level compared to the 25 hp per skill level seemed extremely unbalanced, IMO.
With the next engine update, it would be great, once again, if at all possible, if the dialogue box were placed in front of (or above, whichever term is preferred) the Player model in future quests. It can be difficult to read the dialogue at times due to my character model covering the dialogue. However, like the last suggestion, if it is too much trouble, or even impossible, I can certainly understand.

Thank you for your time!
Post #: 374
3/3/2015 22:22:53   
Brasca123

Ok I guess that my question was badly formulated before and I am sorry about it, here is how it should have been:

Its stated that the bonus damage of the pet is CHA/10 so if my pet damage is 15-20 and I have 50 CHA the final pet damage is 20-25, but when my pet dragon used the final skill in the fighting tree (called frenzy) he got a "bonus damage per hit", so supposing CHA 50 again the frenzy skill (that normaly gives 6 hits of 19 damage 6x19=114) whould do 6 hits of 24 damage so 50 CHA gave a +30 damage to the pet and not a +5. (my CHA was 30 in the original post, now is 40 and still works like that)
Is this a bug or is intended? also is the extra damage/hit thing universal (every pet get extra damage/hit, every skill get extra damage/hit, every trinket get extra damage/hit) or does it just work with the pet dragon? moreover how does the CHA bonus work on the pet DPS skills (claw and lash)?

those are my doubts in this new patch, thanks in advance and keep up the amazing work.
AQ DF  Post #: 375
Page:   <<   < prev  13 14 [15] 16 17   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 15 of 27«<1314151617>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition