Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 16 of 27«<1415161718>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/3/2015 22:49:31   
Ash

quote:

With the next engine update, it would be great, once again, if at all possible, if the dialogue box were placed in front of (or above, whichever term is preferred) the Player model in future quests. It can be difficult to read the dialogue at times due to my character model covering the dialogue. However, like the last suggestion, if it is too much trouble, or even impossible, I can certainly understand.

Tomix is trying to position bubbles in a better way in cutscenes, but that's a limitation I don't know how to get around. It's based on how the game layers things, and it was looked into in the past but nothing came of it.

quote:

Its stated that the bonus damage of the pet is CHA/10 so if my pet damage is 15-20 and I have 50 CHA the final pet damage is 20-25, but when my pet dragon used the final skill in the fighting tree (called frenzy) he got a "bonus damage per hit", so supposing CHA 50 again the frenzy skill (that normaly gives 6 hits of 19 damage 6x19=114) whould do 6 hits of 24 damage so 50 CHA gave a +30 damage to the pet and not a +5. (my CHA was 30 in the original post, now is 40 and still works like that)

That gives me enough info to go on. Some of the skills in the baby dragon are setup in a way that breaks when you try to apply any outside buffs to it beyond "how many points are in said skill." It needs to be redone, the entire pet/guest interior setup needs to be fixed in parts because there are parts that break like that. I do not have an ETA on when that will be done because it is a massive project that would take days of solid work to get it all working correctly. That specific skill is not taking any bonus to damage from anywhere, it's only referencing how many points you put into it and the dragon's min/max damage. There's nothing in there to tell the game to add Cha's buff to that because it's pulling only very specific things. Claw and Lash appear to work in a similar way. It will get fixed but it's not going to be immediate.

quote:

also is the extra damage/hit thing universal (every pet get extra damage/hit, every skill get extra damage/hit, every trinket get extra damage/hit) or does it just work with the pet dragon?

Every pet and every guest in the game is now supposed to be affected by bonus damage from your Cha score. Certain pets, like the dragon, have issues because of how they are setup. All guests should be taking proper bonuses, the ones that have been tweaked and any post 9.0 for sure are. Almost every other pet is setup properly to use that bonus damage as well, some of the very original ones may need fixes but almost all of them work properly. What's happening is old and new coding is crossing in some places, the dragon being one, and the coding is twitching out. As people are reporting them I'm trying to fix things but certain things are just too large to do in a half hour and I have to prioritize time. That's a lengthy explanation just in case someone asks "well which pets and guests aren't working right and when will you fix them." I don't know every pet and every guest in the game off the top of my head and I'm fixing things as I find them.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/3/2015 22:53:13 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 376
3/4/2015 11:30:15   
s_venom

Would it be possible to sell more then one of the same item? or is impossible due to engine limitation?
AQ DF  Post #: 377
3/4/2015 11:50:43   
Ash

From 3. Engine updates / Fixes.

quote:

Multi sell/destroy - This requires a Database level fix that Verly and I don't have access to. We can do everything EXCEPT that small bit of Database work. It's on the list of fixes we're requesting when someone with access has time.

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/4/2015 11:51:00 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 378
3/4/2015 12:38:16   
s_venom

Ash: Thank you.
AQ DF  Post #: 379
3/6/2015 23:45:50   
Snakezarr

Hey Ash, is there a reason you or velry don't have full access to DF? I mean you two are the main coders correct?
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 380
3/7/2015 0:56:00   
flashbang

It's probably because that they haven't earned the right to delve within the deep parts of the database, which they could ruin the game with, if they wanted to.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 381
3/7/2015 14:40:10   
  133spider

If you and Verly don't have access to the deep part of the database then who is and why has that person not helped out yet? Just a tad bit curious.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 382
3/7/2015 15:06:41   
Ash

quote:

Hey Ash, is there a reason you or velry don't have full access to DF? I mean you two are the main coders correct?

We need to be trained to be able to properly work in that area and no one who can train us is available at this time to do so. Learning flash is one thing, since anything I break is easily fixed, screwing up the ENTIRE DB with one small thing could wipe out thousands of characters or all your quest progress or one of a hundred other issues.

quote:

It's probably because that they haven't earned the right to delve within the deep parts of the database, which they could ruin the game with, if they wanted to.

I can ruin the game now if I really wanted to. *Replaces all instances of DoomKnight with Angler* >.>

quote:

If you and Verly don't have access to the deep part of the database then who is and why has that person not helped out yet? Just a tad bit curious.

Rolith, Captain Rhubarb, and Zhoom. None of them has any free time really to speak of.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 383
3/7/2015 15:26:19   
aryc0110

quote:

I can ruin the game now if I really wanted to. *Replaces all instances of DoomKnight with Angler* >.>

Please don't. Speaking of Angler, I just made a challenge character that can only use that class. My reason for bringing this up is that in combat anglers occasionally just run in place in front of the enemy instead of attacking (you have to use the unstick button, which takes time to pop up). It isn't really about damage, as you can probably imagine, it's just time consuming. :/

I recommend really taking your time on this one, or even not fixing it at all, since I believe I am the only one insane enough to go through the game with angler, but I could be wrong.
Post #: 384
3/7/2015 16:24:35   
Shadows Morgenstern

quote:

Ohmygod Ash do it, for April fools or something just to see the DmK fanboys cry. XD

Your signature has been removed because Photobucket replaced it
with a third-party hosting notice that was too large for the forums.
DF  Post #: 385
3/7/2015 16:32:09   
Emrys

I just noticed bacon now has its own symbol when you attack with it opposed to the prior blank space. Finally!
DF MQ AQW  Post #: 386
3/7/2015 17:29:08   
Azan

quote:

quote:

Ohmygod Ash do it, for April fools or something just to see the DmK fanboys cry. XD

Amagawd yes! That would be hilarious! Ashpril Fools! xD

Edit: Though this could also be a good idea...

< Message edited by Azan -- 3/7/2015 17:34:01 >
Post #: 387
3/7/2015 18:34:01   
Snakezarr

I would rather DMK be a interesting class then op but thats just me . Ash, can flash count .5s? If so you could do with INT/CHA/STR/DEX have 0.5 bonus every 5 points you put in so it would have a better effect for low levels.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 388
3/7/2015 18:57:46   
Ash

quote:

I just noticed bacon now has its own symbol when you attack with it opposed to the prior blank space. Finally!

You're welcome! I slid that in as proof of concept so we can add more icons. I figured making that have an icon was the logical first step along with finally getting the artifact icon Tomix made when those first came out working.

quote:

Ash, can flash count .5s? If so you could do with INT/CHA/STR/DEX have 0.5 bonus every 5 points you put in so it would have a better effect for low levels.

It can, but it can't use them properly in terms of battle damage because it's all rounded so you don't end up with 34.66792 damage on one hit.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 389
3/7/2015 19:57:13   
Snakezarr

@Ash Aww that sucks, oh well I suppose I love the new stats makes it alot easier to calculate what your build should have without weird math, just to verify if I had 196 INT with plus 64 from items it would give me the same damage bonus as 200 INT with plus 64 sense its rounded down.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 390
3/7/2015 20:09:59   
Ash

Yes, it would round like that.. The easiest way to look at it is take off the last number. So if you had 200 points total you'd have +20. If you had 13 you'd have 1.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 391
3/7/2015 20:21:37   
Dracojan

str/dex/int are working properly. the rounding of the crit stat is actually not working well. if you have items with uneven numbers you lose crit chance. 2 items that give 9 crit for a total of 18 dont give 9% crit. they give 8%. taking half of the crit should be after adding all the crit from items, not 1 by 1. so your items wont make you lose up to 3-4 crit chance because of uneven numbers.
DF  Post #: 392
3/7/2015 23:41:59   
flashbang

I mean, I know you could ruin the game now, but it wouldn't be as bad as you said what could happen.

Also, #AsprilFoolsPls
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 393
3/8/2015 1:18:00   
Silver Sky Magician

Sepulchure, the most powerful Angler Lore has ever seen...and his sentient weapon, the Necrotic Rod of Doom. Can you stop him from making all of Lore his aquarium?
Post #: 394
3/9/2015 14:11:23   
crabpeople

Mmmm I just realized how useful LUK stat is for the dragonrider class. Like the best stat by a huge difference.
-Bonus: Dragonrider has low bonus so it's very valuable.
-Crit: Low crit (7 crit) so the +10% crit of Max LUK is just an insane buff.
-Damage: Negligible.
-Defense: A huge buff aswell because dragonrider has no base defense.

Edit: Ash chill I was just pointing something out. Back then all the stats were useless with dragonrider (except wisdom. 2k mana was pretty legit ).
LUK is fine the way it is. So don't change it and keep on the item stat changes (that's a lot of work tbh).

That's the problem, I'm not going to when people keep throwing around "Best Stat" willy nilly without actually taking into considering anything other than "omg it gives X%...it's so amazing!" If you want to say, "It's a lot better now because it helps shore up some things that DR was missing" yes, it does. If you want to say it's "Better than before because DR gets a bit more stats before it gets tweaked a bit to have some better stats" yes that's correct as well. "Best Stat" is a misnomer and one that people are jumping on for the wrong reasons that will bite them in the butt later on down the road. ~Ash

Edit2: Seriously I'm not talking in "math paper" stuff. When I said this about the dragonrider class I already did some titan boss battles and farmed about 60 dragon pvp medals. So thats like 100+ dragon battles. And what I really noticed from old times is a noticeable higher crit rate (you almost always get 1 crit with the offensive primal) and a slightly better accuracy (all of this with almost full luck).

Edit3 (after reading your reply): Point taken. I'll avoid using superlatives as it might lead to misunderstandings. Come on, look at the good side. Now people will stop counting the crits at the incoming revamp skills.

< Message edited by crabpeople -- 3/9/2015 15:14:35 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 395
3/9/2015 14:26:21   
Ash

quote:

str/dex/int are working properly. the rounding of the crit stat is actually not working well. if you have items with uneven numbers you lose crit chance. 2 items that give 9 crit for a total of 18 dont give 9% crit. they give 8%. taking half of the crit should be after adding all the crit from items, not 1 by 1. so your items wont make you lose up to 3-4 crit chance because of uneven numbers.

It's working as intended. It's taking half of EACH item's crit, as stated. It's not optimal nor is it meant to be. It's meant to FORCE players to stop focusing on crit.

quote:

Mmmm I just realized how useful LUK stat is for the dragonrider class. Like the best stat by a huge difference.
-Bonus: Dragonrider has low bonus so it's very valuable.
-Crit: Low crit (7 crit) so the +10% crit of Max LUK is just an insane buff.
-Damage: Negligible.
-Defense: A huge buff aswell because dragonrider has no base defense.

Considering we need to adjust armors that you can't equip items on to scale properly on secondary stats like Bonus and Defenses that'll even out. (Yes that's on the list) I mean if you all WANT me to nerf Luck back into the ground by going "It's SO MUCH BETTER" to every single possible thing and ignoring the blatant "look at the actual in game response and not the on paper numbers because in game it DOESN'T MATCH UP" I totes will. Constantly ignoring that, when I have repeated it, and constantly trying to use paper math and not in game examples gets annoying. I mean I will go back and make it proper paper wise and absolutely garbage in game wise, if that's what you really want.

This is one of the few times I actually use in game instead of paper math. I use paper math on most things because they are concrete and don't change. Boost for class damage? Does not change, it will ALWAYS give the same response. A 40% DoT effect? Does not change, it will ALWAYS give the same response. A 100% chance to crit? A -30 Ele Res? A stun? A "can't hit me" skill? A multi skill? NONE of those change, they are NOT based on the RNG, they won't just stop working one day because you got unlucky. Those HAVE TO be grounded in paper math because they WILL always turn out like the math says. Anything that has a CHANCE to occur, like half of Luk's effects, are RANDOM. You CANNOT predict it properly. Those were stated as they were BECAUSE of that. Ignoring me when I keep saying things and constantly trying to throw more stuff out when it doesn't work perfectly in line with what you want won't happen. This is one of those times you NEED to go in game and use something 500 times and then tell me if the math matched. This is much different than a class testing thread because classes aren't random at every single point. If paper math is supposed to be perfect then how did I miss at 99 Bonus when the opponent only had 4 Melee with a Melee attack? THAT should be the perfect reason as to why I'm this upset that you all constantly keep using something that doesn't work right as "it's so much better!"

< Message edited by Ash -- 3/9/2015 14:53:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 396
3/9/2015 14:28:41   
David the Wanderer
Legendary AK!

@crabpeople: Uh, you have a very good point. Since Titan form has already massive damage, HP and MP, stat bonus are rendered useless, so LUK is the best stat to use with it, since the statistics it affects aren't influenced by the larger numbers of DragonRider.
DF AQW  Post #: 397
3/9/2015 16:54:52   
AGreenAlien

From the 2nd post:
quote:

[...] Some players had figured out how to totally negate Darkness resistance [...]

How's that?

E: Also, since you're apparently now working more on the "fininshed" stuff, any chance of adding a "Saved Item Set" button, so that you don't have to equip each item individually, or re-logging in, whenever coming from a quest where you rode your dragon or played someone else?

That, and the fact that resistances and status effects don't somehow fit in the same section (there isn't even a scrollbar), are possibly my biggest annoyances in this great game that I still play even in my 20s.

< Message edited by AGreenAlien -- 3/9/2015 17:25:36 >
Post #: 398
3/9/2015 17:13:55   
Dracojan

i think ppl are just surprised at how good the stat is now compared to back then. this may lead to some exaggeration. its made useful and it is useful now. i cant find anything wrong with it :D
DF  Post #: 399
3/9/2015 17:38:01   
Sakurai the Cursed

Well Ash, I have tested Crit and Bonus vs low defense at least, and if anything Crit's giving higher chances than it should, though the variation is small enough given the sample size that I wouldn't assume any such bias; I hit the Mega Junkyard Driller 1000 times across 10 battles (conveniently, he consistently lasts just over 100 turns for me with DL's base weapon equipped!), with 200 Luk, 31 base Crit (so 41 total) and 46 base Bonus (54 total) vs his 5 Melee defense, and I got a miss rate of 1% (9 misses), non-crit rate of 52% (523) and crit rate of 47% (468). Assuming that it's still supposed to be possible to miss up until 100 Bonus, all these numbers seem to fit expectations well enough.

What I didn't test though, because it would've been too hectic, is his hit-rate against me, with my base 46 Melee (56 total)/20 Parry/27 Dodge/22 Block. I know from how little I had to use my heal that he was missing the vast majority of the time, but I don't know the percentage and I won't be doing that again very soon. I'd also like to test my own hit rate against higher-defense enemies first, but I need to find somewhere conducive to that test before I can (any suggestions, anyone?). :/
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 400
Page:   <<   < prev  14 15 [16] 17 18   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 16 of 27«<1415161718>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition