Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 24 of 27«<2223242526>»
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
7/26/2015 13:14:52   
Brasca123

@ash. that's a good point, it makes sense, i don't think votabolt needs to be a big gold farming spot as it is already good for xp farming, would totally ruin the growth if one just keeps farming there over and over again
AQ DF  Post #: 576
7/26/2015 13:35:45   
Guardian Patrick

lol Voltabolt is still the best EXP farming spot? O_o wow lol

btw, I believe it's still possible to make people play the game even when they reached their level cap.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 577
7/26/2015 13:45:11   
Ash

It is, if they want to do anything. From the amount of

"I'm bored, there's nothing to do."

"I finished the release for the week and then log off because I don't want to explore around."

"I don't want to repeat any old quests so I only have 1 character. I'm bored and have nothing to do now."

"I already trained all the classes. Can't you just release like 4 new ones for me to train up?"

etc, some people don't WANT to play when they reach the level cap because they have to be shown what to do. There are right now 1,283 quests in the game. If we cut out, say, 300 of them as being "seasonal" or rare, that leaves 983 quests. I can guarantee that most of the people complaining there's nothing to do have not done every single quest in the game that's available.

Gamers who like Fallout and Skyrim, where you have to look around and find things, are the type of gamers this game is made for. Lately it seems as though the gamers who want immediate rewards and instant quests are the ones trying the game, not liking it, and then going to AQW or a mobile type game. They then come back and try to convert DF into AQW and when we tell them we can't really do that they leave because it's not the same game as they want. There's only so much we can change before DF isn't DF and by that point we should just drop it and make a totally new game.

< Message edited by Ash -- 7/26/2015 13:46:21 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 578
7/26/2015 13:49:46   
dragon_monster

If they are the majority well they are the majority and the majority rules.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 579
7/26/2015 13:52:30   
Ash

Then DF shuts down because the "majority" doesn't like the play style. That's not a viable option.

This is also getting off topic for the thread, head to the "will it hold" thread for this type of discussion.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 580
7/27/2015 6:01:14   
Verecundi Animus

Since it's (sort of) a topic, can someone explain what classes are in what teirs?

I know Base classes are teir 1, DC are high teir 3, DmK is teir 4...
Is it basically like, one quest chain/upgrade thing needed = teir two, two quest chains/classes upgraded or more = teir three?

And in this year's edition of 'ask a stupid question', buying a single piece of the DmK package doesn't lock you out of another one you've unlocked at that point for six months, right?

< Message edited by Verecundi Animus -- 7/27/2015 6:06:59 >
Post #: 581
7/27/2015 6:30:01   
Chazero

I can only answer the tier question since I have never actually bought even a piece of the DmK set:

You are right with the Base classes, DC classes, and DmK. Most storyline classes belong in tier 2. These classes only require you to train up through a method that is specified by the NPC that gives you the class. Guardian is part of the higher part of tier 2 due to having a "special offer" bonus. Also, the Dragon Base classes that can be found in Dragongrasp will be buffed to tier 2 in the near future. I did say that most storyline classes are in tier 2. The few exceptions are Deathknight, Master Soulweaver, and Dragonlord which belong in tier 3. The reason why is because DK requires 2 classes to unlock while MSW is simply an upgrade to SW. Dragonlord is a class that requires the Dragon Amulet to unlock with no other way around it(DK can still be used by non-DAs while MSW is simply an upgraded version of a class that non-DAs can access). Other classes that belong to tier 3 are the Atealan Base class upgrades(Riftwalker, Cryptic, and Ascendant) and the Calendar Classes. GPS, the weakest DC class atm, will be buffed so that it fits in tier 3 in the near future. I don't think I missed anything.

< Message edited by Chazero -- 7/28/2015 6:05:03 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 582
7/27/2015 11:16:35   
blllaaaaaaaa

I probably finished out on all of the quests I could do on my first char at around level 60. Only things he hasn't done is, max his mana potions (There's something that needs a revamp - the mana test), frostvale, heros heart, and I think there's another seasonal that I haven't cared enough to pump through.

Personally, I miss the exploration element the game used to have and I am hoping for it to return. Whereas I love the storylines, I like adventure as well. That's why my Skyrim char is level 81 with every single achievement possible and I've explored every unknown area possible (it took a while.)

All that to say, please don't change the way DF is to better suit the rapidly dissipating attention span of the new generation.
DF  Post #: 583
7/27/2015 11:31:04   
flashbang

As soon as you buy a DmK item, you can buy the next instantly as long as you meet the six month requirement.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 584
7/27/2015 15:48:30   
Sakurai the Cursed

Personally, I have done every quest at least once and have multiple alts, and I find very little to do between releases unless I'm doing tests/theory-crafting/whatever. But then, isn't that the entire point of having the weekly releases? After all, I'm still here (well, I have quit a couple times but I always come back) after about 10 years; even if all I do is play the weekly release when it comes out, I'm still playing. From what I see, I don't think it's meant to be a game where you sit down and immerse yourself in it for hours upon hours (though you really could with so many years of releases, if you're new), but more of a...how did the original AQ put it...a "lunchbreak-sized RPG."
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 585
7/27/2015 16:02:36   
PusatShrade

The WIS nerf is DREADFUL for low level players. Even though half of my stats are dumped into WIS for my lvl 32 character, I can't go through a regular quest without intaking potions.
DF AQW  Post #: 586
7/27/2015 16:04:35   
Chaoshaper

One of the reasons for the WIS reduction was to give potions and potion training some love.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 587
7/27/2015 16:25:35   
dragon_monster

Only weaklings use potions my hero is not a weakling he must kill anything without a potion and at level 80 its not a problem but at lower levels it is.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 588
7/27/2015 16:41:21   
PusatShrade

^Exactly. For higher levels, I can go blindfolded and still annihilate anything that gets in my way without having to use my potions. However, for lower levels, I'm afraid I can't say the same.
DF AQW  Post #: 589
7/27/2015 17:11:51   
Ash

It's almost as though you're supposed to train and use potions.
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 590
7/27/2015 17:19:24   
dragon_monster

That minigame I just can not pass so I went towards not needing potions like a mega uber powerful creature.
AQ DF MQ  Post #: 591
7/27/2015 17:21:43   
Aura Knight

I had trouble with potion training too so I then decided to just record the game when it shows how to do it and then played it back so I don't mess up the order.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 592
7/27/2015 17:22:24   
SonicTbear

@dragon_monster: So, you don't use potions because you can't level them up? You do know the reason you can't beat it is because it's bugged? Well technically you can. Just complete the mini-game once and refresh the web page. Repeat until you max it out to 40. It's some weird bug that speeds up the mini-game after completing for the first time it in one login.

< Message edited by SonicTbear -- 7/27/2015 17:23:20 >
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 593
7/27/2015 17:24:54   
Ash

Considering the mini-game is on the list of things to be fixed for 14.1, which I'm working on and it'll be out as quickly as possible, we know. I can't just toss a fix out for something that's fundamentally BROKEN on the inside and was never fixed unless you want 30 more bugs thrown in. That's why I haven't pushed out the fix for it yet. The mini-game itself is broken in parts.

< Message edited by Ash -- 7/27/2015 17:25:23 >
AQ DF MQ AQW  Post #: 594
7/27/2015 17:27:08   
Chaoshaper

I eagerly await the day that the fix rolls in. Until then i will play Evo-Dragonlord so i dont have to rely on mana potions. >_>

Seriously, that minigame is the bane of my existence.
AQ DF MQ AQW Epic  Post #: 595
7/27/2015 21:12:57   
Aura Knight

Are mana potions even needed? I mean if you have enough points in wisdom you probably don't even have to use mana potions. I didn't realize how mana potion training was so annoying. I was about to train that but then I realized I have no clue what I'd be doing on the mini-game part of it. Guess I don't need those potions at all.
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 596
7/28/2015 0:26:38   
blllaaaaaaaa

I'm assuming it would be too much work to completely replace the mini-game?
DF  Post #: 597
7/28/2015 0:29:23   
Aura Knight

Why does the mana potion training need to be more annoying than the health potion training?
AQ DF AQW  Post #: 598
7/28/2015 0:41:15   
requiem.exe

quote:

Why does the mana potion training need to be more annoying than the health potion training?

Personally, I blame the Rose. I know its not really logical, but it helps me sleep at night after ignoring that training entirely.

Who knows, maybe I'm right. Maybe they endured the horrors in Cysero's room and stole his time machines, went back in time to the creation of those trainings, and ruined them to spite mana users. No matter what, however, I blame them. And to make them pay for it, I drop my dragon on them in its giant form.
AQ DF  Post #: 599
7/28/2015 0:48:32   
Eaglestrike

It is not designed to annoy anyone...maybe the right term is "harder". I am not gonna deny that it is somewhat frustrating connecting those dots with a time limit, but as it is already stressed many times by Ash this game is an RPG game and grinding/farming is expected to be included in its gameplay whether it be hard and long ,or easy and short. Well I think they will fix the mana potion mastery mini-game to make it easier(?)..
Post #: 600
Page:   <<   < prev  22 23 [24] 25 26   next >   >>
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [DragonFable] >> DragonFable General Discussion >> RE: =DF= Version 14.0.1
Page 24 of 27«<2223242526>»
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition