Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Being able to talk on headset

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Being able to talk on headset
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
2/27/2015 19:05:03   
WhiteChocolate

Instead of JUST typing, you can talk on your headset in game. Would make fame or even home parties far more amusing. It wouldn't really defeat the purpose of the ''mute'' just disable their speech as well. Being able to talk to friends etc in game would be enjoyable and i think its a great idea.

< Message edited by WhiteChocolate -- 2/27/2015 19:06:57 >
Post #: 1
2/28/2015 4:11:24   
Satafou

Just use skype.
Post #: 2
3/1/2015 15:32:17   
WhiteChocolate

Not everyone likes giving away that information. If you have ever heard of a game called trouble in terrorist town or other games that are used to speak through headset it makes playing quite amusing.
Post #: 3
3/1/2015 16:15:23   
Vextur

Not supported, sorry.
First and most important of all is that it would take unimaginable much time that ed can't afford (losing time on things that arent necessary)
Second thing is that skype or any other similar program has all that you are asking for (it's even free) and you can make account not using your real name so you re good about personal info
Third thing: imagine a room with like 80 people in it and all talking at the same time maybe even on different languages, full of spam, swears and so on. It would be impossible to keep the game safe. (nothing amusing for sure)
~Vextur

AQW Epic  Post #: 4
3/1/2015 16:17:07   
The berserker killer

I can suppor tthis if you get to choose who you want to talk to, like if you can set up "Partys' . But yea, I support, it might not get implemented in avery long time but I support
AQ DF Epic  Post #: 5
3/1/2015 16:27:37   
Mother1

While this sounds like a nice feature there are other more important things that the staff could be working on such as

1) Balance
2) Adding features that have been promised to us for a while
3) Fixing older problems that people have been complaining about for the longest.

So while I won't say I won't support it, I just think the staff could be doing better things with their time to improve the game.
Epic  Post #: 6
3/3/2015 19:16:25   
WhiteChocolate

They've pretty much rekted the game by getting rid of passives. The new balance update was awful and pointless. A room filled with 80 players? I was thinking more so a chat where you'd only talk to friends in the room you can also mute unwanted voices. One thing they can do would include faction wars / Faction Missions and have achievements for that. Everything they put ingame now is coreless? Which is not amusing at all most players come on to communicate with other players anyways.
Post #: 7
3/3/2015 19:57:15   
WhiteChocolate

Like on aqw.. you can add people to a group chat. Can be the same with headset. Add people to your own group that allows you to voice chat with people.
Post #: 8
3/3/2015 19:57:21   
  Battle Elf
has ten 1v1 wins

Hi everyone,

Unfortunately, the development team is limited by time restrictions (as well as the versatility of Adobe Flash). While this is an interesting idea, the creation and implementation of a headset based chat system in EpicDuel would take months. The team is busy working on balance updates and weekly releases, so a project this big simply isn't possible. I'd advise using a third-party platform such as Skype to communicate instead.
Since this post seems to have gone off topic, I'm going to padlock this thread.

Locked.

Thanks,
Battle Elf
ED GD Archknight

< Message edited by Battle Elf -- 3/3/2015 19:58:19 >
AQW Epic  Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [EpicDuel] >> EpicDuel Suggestions >> Being able to talk on headset
Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition