Home  | Login  | Register  | Help  | Play 

Etherstorm Wasteland Survival Guide

Logged in as: Guest
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Guides >> Pending Guides >> Etherstorm Wasteland Survival Guide
Forum Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
3/1/2015 14:16:38   
Shadowhunt

Reminder to self: What Else Is There?, optimize method (i.e. remove Gilead from optional list and mention in Additional Notes). 46,250 base rep.

Table of Contents
  1. Introduction
  2. Before You Start
  3. The Beginning of a Saga

1. Dragonplane
    2. Water
    3. Wind
    4. Fire

4. The Hero's Story

1. Firestorm
    2. Airstorm
    3. Waterstorm
    4. Earthstorm
    5. The War

5. The Saga's End

1. Dragonhame
    2. Dragonheart

6. The Extras

1. The Reputation
    2. The Quests

7. Change Log
  8. Credits

Introduction

The Etherstorm Wastes. Once home to prideful dragons, their homeland has been torn apart as the Prime Dragons are slain and a new power comes to conquer the lands. If you like stories about dragons, this is the place for you! If you're bored and need something to do, this is the place for you! If you love Avatar: The Last Airbender then you may find some great fun in this saga. In this guide I will be walking you through the storyline, advising you where to go, what to defeat, what needs to be done, and all that jazz! There are a few things to keep in mind about this saga. As the Table of Contents would suggest, the first part of the saga is largely Legend-only, so if you're a Hero, you'll be able to do a bit of it (about a quarter actually) but then the rest will be unavailable to you. As a result, some of the story may be a little choppy. Note that all quests, except those noted, can only be completed one time. So sit back, log in, and survive the (Etherstorm) wasteland!

Before You Start

There are some thing I'd like to say before you start, mostly about how this guide is set up and how to use it. Please do read through this so that important information is not lost.
  • First and foremost, I have done my best to make this guide optimized for your time and sanity. There are a few things that will result from this. If you read through the quest descriptions, you may find that it tells you to visit one area. If you read through my guide, I may tell you to visit a different area. The reason for this is that I've found the other area to have a more efficient means of getting the items you need, whether it be a guaranteed spawn or more of an enemy. You are always free to use the location that the quest description tells you, but I am giving you the way I have found to be faster.
  • I've written this as a rather in-depth, step-by-step guide, so there is a chance you may find some of the quests silly, since you're quite easily able to figure out on your own. I am fine with that, as I wrote this with the intention of being as thorough as possible.
  • In each quest description, you'll find several subsections. The Relevant Quests section is the quest(s) that you must have completed in order to unlock the quest. In general it will basically just be the previous quest, but keep in mind that the previous quest needed you to complete the quest before it, and so on. So by the end of the saga, it will say the relevant quest is one thing, but what it's implying is the many others you did before it as well. The Item Requirements section is what items you need for the quest. I have included the quantity as well as the name. If it is plain text, then the item is a temporary item (which is the case for all but one quest). If it is a linked item, then the item is permanent. The Locations section is where you will be going in the course of the quest. Oftentimes it is just the map you are in, but there are plenty of times you'll be heading to a different map as well, so I have included all of these. I have linked each as well, so if I refer to "Screen X" in the Walkthrough portion, it is the numbered screen on the Wiki page for that map. The Additional Notes section is just some things that you should keep in mind while doing the quest or after completing it.
  • I would highly encourage you to read through the entire quest's section before you actually start doing the quest, as there is often some important information in the Additional Notes section that is pertinent while doing the quest, but I put in the Additional Notes section so the Walkthrough would not be as cluttered.
  • As a service to you, the guide reader, I have included a screenshot or screenshots for every quest in which you are required to click an item, with the item/location highlighted by a colored (usually red or bright green) box. There are a few quests that these screenshots may seem unnecessary since the items are quite easy to find, but a large part of it is to help you if you seem to be missing an item but clicked everything. If you consult with the screenshot and see that you did not miss any of the items, but you don't have all the items needed to finish the quest, it is likely that you went too quickly and the server was not able to finish giving you the temporary item before you went on to the next one. If this is the case, you'll usually have to log out and back in (relog) and redo the quest.
  • If I refer to "roomhop" or "roomhopping", what I mean is joining a private room (or instance). You can join any room privately by entering the room name and then a four or higher digit number afterwards. For example, /join battleon-8151 will take me into Battleon-8151, where I will most likely be alone. Any four (higher than 1000) or five digit number will take you to that room specifically. If you enter a six or higher digit number, you'll be put into a random room in the high 90,000s. This is useful for roomhopping. If you copy "/join room-123456" and paste it, you can easily jump between different private rooms. This is useful if you're looking for a random spawn or just trying to get around the respawn time for a monster.
  • Some fights in the saga are hard. Other fights take a while. And some are hard and take a while! You can make them easier and shorter by asking for help in the =AQW= Let's Party! Thread found in the AQWorlds General Discussion board. You can usually find some players willing to help you fight a boss.
  • Finally, if you find anything wrong with the guide like typos, broken links, two of the same screenshot, or anything else, please, don't hesitate to let me know! Just leave a reply and I'll take a look at it; if it's something I need to fix, I'll get on it (your name will go in the credits!).

The Beginning of a Saga

While many players think that the Etherstorm Saga first starts in the Firestorm area, the true beginnings of the saga lie here, in the backstory, which you can play through as a Legend. One thing that I will note is that, perhaps in the name of fairness, this entire part of the arc does not provide any reputation for Etherstorm. This is purely for the backstory. So if you are going to play through the saga solely for the purpose of reputation and not for the actual story of it, then feel free to skip this section and go right ahead to The Hero's Story.

Dragonplane

The first of the places that you'll be visiting when you begin the Etherstorm Wastes saga, this location contains both the actual plane as well as the Earth realm that is available to Heroes. Let's get started, shall we? The first thing you'll want to do is join the Dragonplane, using /join dragonplane. Upon arriving, you'll be greeted with a cutscene that gives the premise of the area as well as a song that you can try to figure out the tune of! Once getting through the cutscene, talk to X'Dir to start questing.

Explore the DragonPlane
    In order to help X'Dir free his master, you're going to need to know the area, so you'll go on a mission to explore and find the portals to the different realms as well as the DragonGate.
    Relevant Quests: None!
    Item Requirements:
  • Earth Realm Found
  • Water Realm Found
  • Air Realm Found
  • Fire Realm Found
  • DragonGate Found
    Locations:
  • Dragonplane, /join dragonplane
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Head left one screen from the start, and voila! You'll get the Earth Realm Found item without even having to click on anything. Look at you, going on an exploratory adventure!
    Step 2: Head left another screen from the Earth Realm to find the Water Realm.
    Step 3: Run the half-marathon to the left across the screen to get to the next screen, where you'll find the Air Realm.
    Step 4: Run another half-marathon to the left and you'll stumble upon the Fire Realm! Don't get burned!
    Step 5: Run to the left once again to find... some circles. For now, that's all that will be there, but it will give you the DragonGate Found item, so you can return to the start of the map (run or /join a different instance) and talk to X'Dir to complete the quest.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all quest items here are temporary.
    Additional Notes: There is a lot of running in the DragonPlane, it's a large map distance-wise, so if you want to cut down on some time, I'd recommend hopping back to the beginning of the map when you're at the very end with a private room. Other than that, this is a really simple quest.

Lots of Fiber
    You'll need X'Dir to prepare some things for you in order to enter the different realms, so you'll need to go collect some items he'll need for this.
    Relevant Quests: Explore the DragonPlane
    Item Requirements:
  • 3 Earth Fibers
  • 3 Water Fibers
  • 3 Air Fibers
  • 3 Fire Fibers
    Locations:
  • The Ruins of Great Gilead, /join gilead (optional but highly recommended)
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1 (Dragonplane method): After accepting the quest, head off to the left. Now begins the fun part. You're looking to defeat four different types of enemies; Earth Elementals, Water Elementals, Wind Elementals, and Fire Elementals. All four of these Elementals are random spawns in the Dragonplane. This means that Earth Elementals aren't necessarily going to be in front of the Earth Realm and so on. Explore the Dragonplane and kill Elementals until you've gotten 3 drops of each type of Fiber.
    Step 1 (Gilead method): After accepting the quest, head off to the Ruins of Great Gilead. Here you'll find all four types of Elementals you're looking for, on a much smaller map, with the spawns being non-random (the same Elemental will always spawn in the same spot). The bottom right room (Screen 3) from the main area with lots of paths (Screen 2) has Fire, Air, and Earth Elementals, and the bottom left (Screen 4) has the Water Elementals. Kill them until you've got the Fibers.
    Step 2: Make your way back to X'Dir (run or /join) and turn in the quest.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all quest items are temporary items.
    Additional Notes: I cannot even begin to stress enough how much I'd recommend using the Gilead method over the Dragonplane method. The map is much smaller, the spawns aren't random, and you'll spend a lot less time searching for the right monster to kill. And to make matters even worse for the Dragonplane method, the Fibers do not drop 100% of the time, which means you'll possibly finally get one of the random spawns you need only for the Fiber to not drop. If, despite all this, you insist on using the Gilead method, you can hop between private rooms to reset the spawned monsters to try to find ones you need.

Carrying the Torches
    If you try to enter the elemental realms without being attuned to the elemental magic, you'll be ripped to shreds. Let's avoid that fate by placing the attuning torches that will help sync our energy with the elements.
    Relevant Quests: Lots of Fiber
    Item Requirements:
  • 6 Attuning Torches Placed
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from X'Dir and start heading to the left
    Step 2: Place the first torch, which is located on the ground right in front of you. To place the torch, click the bouncing arrow and the progress bar will show up and you'll place the torch.
    Step 3: Head left one more screen to place the second torch, which is located just about right where you're standing, so you'll have to move off a bit to click it.
    Step 4: Once again, head to the left to place the third torch, which is right in the center.
    Step 5: Head yet again to the left, where you'll place the fourth torch off near the left monster. If you get lucky the monster won't be blocking it, but there is a chance the monster may be blocking it, in which case you'll have to defeat the monster to get access to the spot.
    Step 6: Make your way to the final screen of the Dragonplane, where you'll place torches five and six on the left and right sides of the big circle. Head back to X'Dir and turn in the quest.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all quest items are temporary.
    Additional Notes: Do yourself a favor and make sure you get the items. This isn't big an issue with the torches that are alone but when you've got two in the same room it can be tempted to click them both quickly. Other than that this is a straightforward quest.

Meet me in the Earth Realm
    Off you go into the Earth Realm, which X'Dir helpfully tells us (as if we didn't already know from our exploration) that it's the closest portal.
    Relevant Quests: Carrying the Torches
    Item Requirements:
  • X'Dir Found
    Locations:
  • Earth Realm, /join dragonplane
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: After accepting the quest, head left one screen and then head up
    Step 2: Wonder how, despite the fact that you ran as fast as you could, an old creature was able to beat you there, when you saw him as you left the first screen. How'd he do it?! The quest item will be granted when you enter the Earth Realm and the quest will automatically turn in as well.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all items are temporary.
    Additional Notes: Not much to say about this, except that the quest is auto-completing so you don't have to do anything about turning it in. Just make sure you stay in the room until the quest auto-completes, and don't start fighting anything until it does, or you run the risk of the quest not turning in (quests cannot be turned in during combat). Also, despite the fact that you're in the Earth Realm now, it's still counted as part of Dragonplane. That's fun?

Breaking Chains
    Your first endeavor in the Earth realm, you're going to need to weaken the Prime Earth Dragon's link to the Earth realm by killing the monsters there... apparently.
    Relevant Quests: Meet me in the Earth Realm
    Item Requirements:
  • 5 Earth Elementals Destroyed
  • 5 Living Earths Destroyed
    Locations:
  • The Ruins of Great Gilead, /join gilead (optional)
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from X'Dir and go find yourself some monsters. The Earth Elementals you've already met and as you may recall, they're in Gilead as well. You can go back to Gilead for guaranteed spawns, or you can hang around in the Earth realm, where they'll spawn but randomly (though you won't have to deal with other types of Elementals spawning in there). No matter which you choose to do, you'll need to kill five of the Earth Elementals.
    Step 2: You'll probably be doing this at the same time as Step 1, but you're also going to need to kill five Living Earths. They'll spawn in the Earth realm and aren't that hard to find, so kill them and kill the Earth Elementals until you've gotten all your quest items, at which point you can turn in the quest to X'Dir (the one in the Earth Realm).
    Inventory Space Required: None, the quest items are all temporary.
    Additional Notes: The first room of the Earth realm has a blue portal in the middle of the ground that, if you run into, will send you back into the Dragonplane. Avoid stepping on this when you're fighting monsters, otherwise you'll have to restart the fight. You'll likely be able to get all five of both the Living Earths and the Earth Elementals killed in the Earth Realm without having to hop to a different Dragonplane or go to Gilead, but those are both options if you don't want to kill extra of one hoping to get the other to spawn.

Soil Sprites
    The Prime Earth Dragon, Moganth, seems to need Soil Sprites to keep his power, so you're going to go capture them to prevent that. Sound sinister? Who knows! This is another click around the map quest.
    Relevant Quests: Breaking Chains
    Item Requirements:
  • 5 Soil Sprites Captured
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head to the left to enter the room with three monsters (Screen 8). There are three Sprites here, but one of them is hidden behind the first monster. You can either kill the first monster, or just move it out of the way by getting it to follow you (attack it then run) to the other side of the screen. Once it's been taken care of, you'll have access to all three of the Sprites.
    Step 2: Run into the next room to the right and you'll encounter... Moganth very much in the way. From your point behind him, simply attack him. He'll shoot over to the other side of the screen and open the path to the next Sprite. Once you've collected the Sprite, just run back out of the room. No need to fight Moganth quite yet.
    Step 3: Go back to the first room, where you'll find the last Sprite right where you were standing. You may have to move to be able to click it if you've got something equipped blocking the arrow. Once you've gotten all five Sprites, turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: As with the Carrying the Torches quest, you'll need to be sure you get the temporary item before moving on, otherwise you'll run into some accounting issues with the items and need to relog to fix it. When you attack Moganth, use a skill rather than your Auto Attack, as using your Auto Attack makes you run to the middle of the room, whereas using a skill just shoots Moganth across the room without you having to move. Also, don't waste time killing Moganth. You'll need to later (you probably figured that out) but there's no point doing it now just to get access to the Sprite.

Cripple the Earth Prime
    It appears that Moganth has sensed (well, sense... I think the quest has a typo) our presence, but has insulted our honor by not considering us a threat! Let's prove him wrong! X'Dir has a plan to cripple his power, so we're going to help out with this. Pretty simple gathering materials quest.
    Relevant Quests: Soil Sprites
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Stone Sigils
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from X'Dir and start your slaying. You're going to need 10 Stone Sigils from the Earth Elementals and the Living Earths. Both monsters drop the item, but it's not a 100% drop, so you may need to keep slaying for a while to get all 10.
    Step 2: Once you've gotten all 10 of your Stone Sigils, turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: It really doesn't matter what monsters you kill, as long as it's one of the Earth ones (so the non-Earth monster in the second room won't help), so just kill whatever spawns. It may take a bit to get all 10 stones since the drop rate isn't 100% (I'd estimate it closer to 25-33%). Just hang in there, you'll get them eventually.

Ward of the Stone
    This is another of the quests where you'll be placing something around the map, in this case some Ward Stones that are supposed to cripple Moganth's power.
    Relevant Quests: Soil Sprites
    Item Requirements:
  • 5 Stone Wards Placed
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head to the left one screen. Here you'll find three of the locations to place the Stone Wards. Depending on what spawns in the left spot, you may need to kill or move the monster (like in the Breaking Chains quest) to get access to the location to click.
    Step 2: Head to the right and be greeted by.... Moganth STILL very much in the way. Once again, attack him to get him to move so you can access the next Stone Ward, and once again leave when you have the Stone Ward Placed item.
    Step 3: Go back to the main room to find the last Stone Ward location, get the item, and turn in the quest.
    Inventory Space Required: None, the quest items are all temporary.
    Additional Notes: Once again there is no point in fighting Moganth yet, so leave once you've got the item. Once again, make sure you actually receive the item. From this point forth I will assume you've figured that part out.

Moganth's Dracoscintilla
    Each of the four Prime dragons have a Dracoscintilla, which we will be needing in order to break the DragonMark. Obviously the Primes like their Dracoscintilla so the only way to obtain it is through forced submission. This is the one where you'll finally be battling Moganth.
    Relevant Quests: Ward of the Stone
    Item Requirements:
  • Dracoscintilla Terra
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from X'Dir and head the two screens over to the battleground with Moganth.
    Step 2: Beat Moganth to submission and head back to X'Dir once you've obtained your Dracoscintilla Terra.
    Additional Notes: Moganth is a pretty tough battle if you're a lower level. He's got a powerful attack that he occasionally charges up and unleashes, and this is enough to one-hit many players. It make take several tries to get to the point where you're able to finally defeat him, but you just have to stick with it. If you die, you respawn at the beginning of the Dragonplane map, so it's not a far walk but it's farther than you'd like to have to do a lot.

Meet me in the DragonPlane
    We are done with the Earth Realm but need to plan out the next steps, which apparently need to be done in the DragonPlane.
    Relevant Quests: Moganth's Dracoscintilla
    Item Requirements:
  • X'Dir Found
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: After accepting the quest, either head through the portal and right one screen or /join a different instance of DragonPlane to go straight back to the first screen
    Step 2: Once you arrive, the quest item will be rewarded to you and then a few seconds later the quest will automatically complete.
    Additional Notes: There's really nothing else. The quest literally even turns itself in for you.

This concludes the portion of the DragonPlane quests are are available to Heroes. Everything from this point on (until The Hero's Story section) is Legend-only. X'Dir will not even offer the quests if you are not a Legend; he instead has a button prompting purchasing membership.

In the sake of getting all the things available for a Hero done, I'll be starting the next part, and these Legend-only quests will be added in at the end.

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 8/2/2015 12:53:01 >
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 1
    3/25/2015 16:46:00   
    Shadowhunt

The Hero's Story

No matter if you're a Legend or a Hero, you're able to play this part of the Etherstorm Saga. The backstory of the beginning of the saga can be helpful for the story purposes, but it's not entirely necessary. You'll also start getting EtherStorm reputation here, so if you've got a reputation boosting item, you may find it worthy to use that starting now. So without further ado, let's jump in, shall we?

Firestorm

Kicking it off is the Firestorm area, which, unsurprisingly, focuses on fire-y sorts of creatures and themes. Also, cookies if you understand why every time I hear it I think of Sonic Firestorm. Get to know Hs'Sakar, he will be your buddy throughout the journey. When you fire arrive at Firestorm (via /join firestorm), he has a lot of buttons you can click, mostly just for a little bit of exposition. Hit the Quests button to get going!

Something Smells Rotten in EtherStorm
    A new volcano is clouding the air with sulfur (which smells like rotten eggs, by the way, hence the quest title) but luckily for us, the Sulfur Imps like that, and they've got some supplies we need for a suit to WALK INTO THE MIDDLE OF A VOLCANO. Sounds like a great idea, so start getting those supplies!
    Relevant Quests: None!
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Sulfuric Cores
  • Enchanted Lava Bucket
    Locations:
  • Firestorm, /join firestorm
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Head right and SURPRISE! Cutscene! For whatever reason, running to the right (or maybe just moving... something!) triggers a cutscene, so you can watch that and start learning the story of what's happening to Lore.
    Step 2: Once you've conquered the cutscene, head to the right again and then click above your character. There is an arrow here you can't see, since it's being blocked by your character, but it sends you to the area where most of the monsters are.
    Step 3: Find the Sulfur Imps. They're a random spawn, so you may need to either hop rooms or kill some of the Living Fires that are hanging around to find the Sulfur Imps. They're only found in this map, so no hopping to an unrelated map to get the items this time, unfortunately.
    Step 4: Once you've gotten all the items (which should only take 10 kills), head back to Hs'Sakar either by running to /joining another instance and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: Not much to say about this, as I already mentioned the Sulfur Imps are random spawns but there are a lot of spawn points on the map so chances are you'll find a fair number of them to start. It's a rather large map so /joining another instance may be a preferable method for getting back to Hs'Sakar throughout the area.

Play With Fire
    Weren't you told not to play with fire when you were young? Well, now we get to. Remember that suit we're working on? Apparently it needs to be alive, so we need to get some items to help imbue it with life.
    Relevant Quests: Something Smells Rotten in EtherStorm
    Item Requirements:
  • 15 Essences of Flame
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Hs'Sakar and essentially repeat the steps from the above quest, except this time you're going after the Living Fires.
    Step 2: Once you've gotten the 15 Essences of Flame, head back to Hs'Sakar and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: Once again, random spawns means you may need to hop or run around a lot to find all the Living Fires you need. But again, a big map with a lot of spawn points means they're not too tough to find.

Set Me On Fire
    Don't try this at home! The Essences we just collected are apparently not good enough for the outside of the suit; we need lava for that. So you'll need to go collect some!
    Relevant Quests: Play With Fire
    Item Requirements:
  • 13 Bucketfuls of Lava
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head to the right, then up, then down the path and to the right (you'll end up at Screen 5). Here you'll find four locations for the lava. One may be blocked by the Living Fire if it spawns in the middle, so you may need to move or kill it to click the arrow. Obtain the lava and head one more screen to the right.
    Step 2: On the next screen over, you'll find four more lava locations. Pick them up and head to the right once more.
    Step 3: This next screen has three more lava locations. For those of you counting, we've gotten 11 so far. Head one more screen to the right.
    Step 4: This screen has the last two lava locations. Gather the lava and head back to Hs'Sakar.
    Additional Notes: If you didn't read the first part of the guide, this will be the only time I'll restate this: with the temporary items, make sure you allow the item to get into your temp inventory before you run to the next screen. There is occasionally a small delay, and if you move on too early, you can click all the arrows but not get all the items, which means you'd need to relog and redo the quest. That applies for all the remaining temp item click quests for the remainder of the saga. Now with that past, there isn't much else to say about this. It's a straightforward quest that may require one kill. After completing it, you'll be awarded the temporary Suit of Flame armor, which will automatically equip.

Walk Through Fire
    We're going to be walking through some fire, it appears, using your fancy new suit. You'll approach the volcano's heart with yours at peace in order to find Hs'Sakar's altar. Because apparently he can't just tell you where it is.
    Relevant Quests: Set Me On Fire
    Item Requirements:
  • Altar Reached
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head right, up, down the path and right, and then right two more times (you'll be at Screen 7).
    Step 2: Head into the little circle rather then heading right (this puts you at Screen 9). If you tried going in here before completing the Set Me On Fire quest, it will have denied access, but you can now get in. Head left and then up.
    Step 3: Upon arriving you'll find sort of an altar, though it's mostly blocked by Ssikari. The temp item will be rewarded upon entering the room, and if you wait around a couple seconds the quest will auto-complete.
    Additional Notes: Since you only need to find the room with the altar and not actually click it, you don't have to worry about Ssikari blocking it. The quest auto-completes but you need to head back to Hs'Sakar so you'll need to run or /join your way back to where he is.

Everything's On Fire
    Some others have been summoned but we may need more help than that, so we're going to need to gather some items and put them... in the hearts of the helpers. Sounds painful.
    Relevant Quests: Walk Through Fire
    Item Requirements:
  • 20 Sacred Flame Seeds
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head to the right two screens. That's right, we're finally going over to that other screen! Here you will find three of the seeds you need. Collect them, then head left and up.
    Step 2: On the winding path you'll find three more seeds, bringing us up to six. Collect them and head to the right.
    Step 3: This screen has two more seeds, so collect them to bring us up to eight. Head to the right.
    Step 4: There are two more seeds on this screen, but one of them may be hidden by an enemy that you'll need to move to access it. Accept them to get up to 10 and then head to the right.
    Step 5: This screen's got another two seeds, and again one may be blocked by an enemy so you may need to move them. These seeds will bring you up to 12. Head once more to the right.
    Step 6: On this screen you'll find two more seeds. Accept them to bring us to 14 and then head back to the left and up into the volcano area.
    Step 7: Here you will find three more seeds. The middle one looks blocked but you can actually click between the monster and its name badge and get the seed without having to move the monster. Do what you have to to get all three and bring us up to 17 seeds. Head to the left.
    Step 8: This final screen has the remaining three seeds, so collect them and then head back to Hs'Sakar (run or /join) to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: With the large number of seeds being gathered, make sure to take your time and collect them all. I've marked the locations of all of them so you shouldn't have any issues with it, but some are blocked so you will need to move or kill the enemy blocking it to be able to click the arrow and gather the seeds.

Baby's On Fire
    Put that baby out! Dragons have become enraged and turned on their own. In order to protect the next generation, we need to bring the tykes to Hs'Sakar. Gently.
    Relevant Quests: Everything's On Fire
    Item Requirements:
  • 20 Baby Dragons Wrangled
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head back into the heart of the volcano to find the Firestorm Hatchlings.
    Step 2: Apparently "gently" bringing the babies back, or "wrangling" them, means beating them in combat. There are four in the first room inside the volcano, which should be plenty, but there are a couple on the next screen as well. "Wrangle" 20 of them and then head back to Hs'Sakar.
    Inventory Spaces Required: None, all items are temporary.
    Additional Notes: Not a lot for this one. There are plenty of guaranteed-spawn baby dragons so you'll have no problem with them. 20 is a decent amount but they're weak, have low HP, and there are a lot of them, so it's a pretty simple quest.

Fire In My Heart
    One of the strongest of the fire dragons, Ssikari, is quite susceptible to Desoloth's plan. We need to put him in time-out, by subduing but not killing him.
    Relevant Quests: Baby's On Fire
    Item Requirements:
  • Ssikari Defeated
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head back into the volcano to find Ssikari, whom you may remember was blocking the altar we had to find earlier.
    Step 2: "Subdue" Ssikari by defeating him. Wait a few seconds and the quest will automatically complete and then launch you into a cutscene.
    Additional Notes: The cutscene is sort of interesting, it gives some more of the story. The quest auto-completes, which is nice. Once the cutscene is over, it dumps you back into the beginning of Firestorm. You may have noticed there was another quest from Hs'Sakar; this one is locked and requires membership to do. If you read through Hs'Sakar's dialogue box after the cutscene, he tells you the next place you'll be heading is the air realm. There is a button that says As'uiir that you can click to head to Airstorm.

Airstorm

Once you arrive via the button or by /joining Airstorm, you'll be greeted with another cutscene. This, along with the previous one, give some more background onto the battles the elements are having with themselves and develop some of the characters in the saga a little. Once it's over, you're ready to get questing in Airstorm! Though it is somewhat confusing, since there are two NPCs here! The one on the left is As'iiur and will be your Airstorm guide.

A Fresh Breath of Life
    Breathing. Overrated, right? In order to subdue Desoloth, we'll need to steal the very air from his lungs, and since like calls to like (or in chemistry, like dissolves like!) we need some air. Makes sense.
    Relevant Quests: Fire In My Heart
    Item Requirements:
  • 15 Breaths of Life
    Locations:
  • Airstorm, /join airstorm
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head off to the right. The Breaths of Life drop from both the Living Airs and the Wind Elementals (note that it must be the level 20 ones found in Airstorm; others will not work).
    Step 2: Defeat the monsters here and then head right to find some more. You can explore the map a little getting your kills or just alternate between a couple rooms, but either way get your 15 Breaths of Life and then head back to As'iiur to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: For whatever reason, it seems that the Living Airs drop the Breath of Life at a 100% rate, while the Wind Elementals drop it at around a 20% rate. As such I'd recommend looking for the Living Airs. They and the Wind Elementals are a random spawn, so if you cannot find any at all, try joining a different room to look for some.

Where Air You?
    Geddit? Like where are you, but since you're in the air realm, it's air? Geddit? Ha. You're going to need to prove to As'iiur that you can find what isn't there, so you'll need to find his temple. Which he proceeds to tell you where it is, for reasons unbeknownst to me.
    Relevant Quests: A Fresh Breath of Life
    Item Requirements:
  • Altar Found
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from As'iiur and then run to the right three times, until you get to Screen 4. Once you get there you'll find an arrow indicating the temple.
    Step 2: Click on the sand underneath the arrow (you can't click the actual arrow) and you'll get a slight change in the sand.
    Step 3: Click the sand once more, and you'll see another change in the sand.
    Step 4: Again, click on the sand to get a rather noticeable change in the sand.
    Step 5: Get a drink of water or lemonade, you've been digging in the sand for a while! Click the sand one last time to reveal the temple entrance, which also counts for finding the altar. Head back to As'iiur and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: For whatever reason you can't click on the arrow, it's got to be the sand you click on. Allow the game to catch up on the click, so don't just spam-click four times and expect it to be good. You'll have to get the progress bar all the way and then proceed. Other than that, it's a simple quest.

Invading Your (Sacred) Space
    It seems we have been the target of a joke. We wouldn't be able to invade Airstorm but Desoloth might, so we need to help As'iiur prevent that by collecting some air samples.
    Relevant Quests: Where Air You?
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Sacred Spaces
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head back to the temple entrance, and go inside.
    Step 2: Upon arriving you'll find three Sacred Spaces. Click them and head to the right.
    Step 3: This next room has four Sacred Spaces. Depending on what monsters spawn here, one may be hidden (as it is in the picture), so you may need to move the monster to access it. Collect the four air samples and head off to the right.
    Step 4: In this last room you'll find the last three Sacred Spaces. Collect them and head back to As'iiur.
    Additional Notes: There are chances the random spawns will result in you having to move some monsters. If you do have to, they're simple to beat, so it's not a huge issue if you just kill it rather than make it move just for access. By the last room in the cave you're somewhat far from As'iiur so it may be worth it to /join another instance to get there quickly.

There's Magic Every-Air
    All those sparkly crystals you see in the cave have magic in them, but now that magic (which is Airther, a clever pun on aether) needs to be released. Let's go break some crystals!
    Relevant Quests: Invading Your (Sacred) Space
    Item Requirements:
  • 15 Airy Aethers Released
  • Trapped Air Spirit
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head back into the cave. They're easy to miss but some of the crystals in the cave are actually monsters. You'll need to destroy 15 Air Crystals to release their Airther.
    Step 2: In the last room you'll find (right behind you when you walk in) the KingCrystal, which as far as I can tell is distinguished from the normal ones solely because it is blue. Destroying this will trap the air spirit. Head back to As'iiur.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all items are temporary. However there is an optional one required (see Additional Notes).
    Additional Notes: When you turn in this quest, you'll also be given a Mini Energy Tornado pet. You can accept it if you want but if you aren't a Legend, you won't be able to use it. That being said, the only way to get the pet is from this quest, which can only be done once, so choose wisely whether to keep or scrap it.

Dragon's Fire Blossom to be Found
    The fire in "his" (I assume this is referring to Desoloth) heart is strong and we need to blow it out. In order to do that, we need some fire-y items, so we are actually going to venture back into Firestorm for this one.
    Relevant Quests: There's Magic Every-Air
    Item Requirements:
  • 15 Caustic Pollens
  • 12 Fire Blossom Petals
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then head over to Firestorm.
    Step 2: Similar to when you did the Something Smells Rotten in EtherStorm quest, find and defeat 15 Sulfur Imps to get the Caustic Pollens you need.
    Step 3: From the entrance of Firestorm, head one screen to the right to find the first Fire Blossom. Collect the petal and head to the right. Petal Count: 1
    Step 4: On this screen you will find the next Fire Blossom. Collect it and head to the left and then up. Petal Count: 2
    Step 5: Here you will find two more flowers. Collect and head to the right. Petal Count: 4
    Step 6: This screen has one more Fire Blossom. Collect it and head right. Petal Count: 5
    Step 7: On this screen you'll find two more flowers. Pick the petals and go to the right. Petal Count: 7
    Step 8: This screen's got a couple more Fire Blossoms. Collect and head right. Petal Count: 9
    Step 9: Finally, the last three flowers can be found here. Collect them and go back to Airstorm to turn the quest in to As'iiur.
    Additional Notes: You don't have to get the Caustic Pollens and then go back and get the Fire Blossom Petals. In fact, that would be quite silly. I just ordered it that way to keep it organized and because the Sulfur Imps are a random spawn. By all means, get them at the same time! And if you're reading this after having done them separately, sorry! As with many of the item-clicking quests, some may and probably will be blocked by monsters, so move or defeat them to get access.

The Space Between
    As'iiur has some confusing words for us, but then tells us not to be confused by them. He requests that we retrieve The Space Between, so we shall be loyal fetch-and-carry helpers as always.
    Relevant Quests: Dragon's Fire Blossom to be Found
    Item Requirements:
  • The Space Between
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then get your running shoes on, because we are going seven screens to the right to find the Energy Tornado.
    Step 2: Defeat the Energy Tornado and wait a few seconds, and you'll be launched into a cutscene as well as having the quest auto-complete.
    Additional Notes: The quest auto-completes, thankfully, so you don't have to run all the way back to the beginning of the map. The cutscene progresses the plot a little more, and once it is over you'll be put back in beginning of the Airstorm map. The Energy Tornado doesn't have a lot of health, but he hits pretty hard, so be prepared for a tough battle. If you die, it's a long run back.

The Burning Question
    We need a formula in order to make the spell, but only Hs'Sakar has it, so we need to go ask him for it. Pretty simple, right?
    Relevant Quests: The Space Between
    Item Requirements:
  • Answer Not Found
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from As'iiur and then head over to Firestorm to have a little chat with Hs'Sakar.
    Step 2: Talk to Hs'Sakar to get the quest item. You don't have to read the dialogue box, but it reveals that Hs'Sakar doesn't know a formula (you might have guessed this from the quest item) and that As'iiur actually knows more than Hs'Sakar. Something is a little suspicious here.
    Step 3: Go back to Airstorm, where you'll be greeted with another cutscene, which gives some more story. The quest will be auto-completed.
    Additional Note: Not much to say about this, except that the plot is thickening and this was the last of the quests in Airstorm. There doesn't seem to be any indication but the next place to head is Waterstorm.

Waterstorm

Here we are in Waterstorm. I hope you know how to swim! You'll arrive once you /join waterstorm, and unsurprisingly is another expository cutscene. There are some great Avatar: The Last Airbender references in this one, such as an air priest named Ang'st, and a creature called an Omom that looks suspiciously like Momo. He also has a peach, which is "momo" in Japanese. Trivia aside, the cutscene develops the plot further and then you're plopped into Waterstorm, where you'll find your friendly guide Ll'rillor (that's a lot of L's!). Speak to him to get going.

So, something washed up on the beach...
    Any quest that has that title cannot possibly be bad! Beaches can be nice, but Ll'rillor was walking on one and came upon a mysterious beached tentacle. So the obvious course of action is to make you go walking around on beaches too!
    Relevant Quests: The Burning Question
    Item Requirements:
  • Ominous Feeling of Foreboding
  • Water Temple Found!
    Locations:
  • Waterstorm, /join waterstorm
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head six screens to the right. Here you'll find a tentacle with a speech bubble prompt above it. Click on it to get a dialogue box with some information as well as the Ominous Feeling of Foreboding.
    Step 2: Head one screen to the right (well, up-right) to find a big whirlpool and get the Water Temple Found! quest item. Return to Ll'rillor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: There's not really a lot to say about this. It's sort of the typical "learn the area" quest we've been having. The tentacle doesn't really look that ominous, though.

Dilution Solution
    Dilution? Solution? Yay science! There is a water-earth spell bond we need to break, and for that, we need a solution made of both water and earth. So, muddy water, right? Nope! Instead we're going to get some Marsh Lurker blood. Because that makes more sense than mud.
    Relevant Quests: So, something washed up on the beach...
    Item Requirements:
  • 12 Marsh Lurker Bloods
    Locations:
  • Poison Forest, /join poisonforest (optional)
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1 (Waterstorm): Accept the quest and head to the right to find some Marsh Lurkers (the level 15 ones). They're a random spawn, so you may need to roomhop or kill extra enemies to get them to show up. Kill them until you've gotten 12 of their bloods.
    Step 1 (Poison Forest): Accept the quest and then go to the Poison Forest. Right behind you when you first spawn is a Marsh Lurker. It's a bit tricky because it apparently has an infinitely ranged attack, so you can't get it to move to attack it. However, you can click these rocks to stand in melee range of the Lurker. Kill it and either wait for it to spawn or roomhop and go back to that spot. Repeat this until you've got the 12 Bloods.
    Step 2: Return to Ll'rillor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: Not only are the Marsh Lurkers a random spawn in Waterstorm, they also don't drop the quest item 100% of the time. The one in Poison Forest is a 100% spawn but there is only one, so it's a bit of a tossup as to which method is better. I personally prefer consistency so I'd recommend Poison Forest. If you do the Poison Forest method, when you run to the rocks, you'll clip the silver arrow and be asked if you want to go to Swordhaven. Just hit No and you'll stay on the map. You don't have to go to that spot, you can kill the Lurker with ranged attacks only, but that takes longer since you have to wait for them to cool down.

A Frogdrake's Love Story
    Female Frogdrakes, like many other creatures in the wild, select their mate based off a mating display. In the case of a Frogdrake, that is their flame, which must be quite flamboyant. The flames can crystalize and we need these to break the fire-water bond.
    Relevant Quests: Dilution Solution
    Item Requirements:
  • 13 Crystallized Frogdrake Flames
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head off to the right. Here you will find two of the flames. Pick them up. Flame Count: 2
    Step 2: Head to the right and collect the next two flames found here. Gather them up. Flame Count: 4
    Step 3: Go to the right and find another two flames. Pick them up. Flame Count: 6
    Step 4: Off to the right again, to find yet another pair of flames. Grab them. Flame Count: 8
    Step 5: Go to the - you guessed it! - right, and pick up the next two flames. Flame Count: 10
    Step 6: Check up on your buddy the tentacle and grab the lonely flame found here. Flame Count: 11
    Step 7: Up to the final room to find the last two flames. Gather them and then head back to Ll'rillor.
    Additional Notes: As usual, some of the flames may be blocked from view/clicking, depending on what enemies spawn in what locations. Do what needs to be done in order to move them. It's your standard clicking quest, we've done plenty of them by now. Once you turn in the quest, a cutscene will play.

A Little Bit of Bubbly Never Hurt
    Who doesn't love bubbles? They're so festive. We need to help Ll'rillor in his tending to the water-water bond of the spell and for that we get to play with bubbles!
    Relevant Quests: A Frogdrake's Love Story
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Bubbles of Water Magic
  • 15 Aqua Vitaes
  • 10 Water Bubbles Burst
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head one screen to the right. Here you will find two of the bubbles. Collect them. Bubble Count: 2
    Step 2: Off to the right, and you'll find one lonely bubble. Collect it to make it feel loved. Bubble Count: 3
    Step 3: One more screen to the right, you'll find a couple more bubbles. Add them to your collection. Bubble Count: 5
    Step 4: Head to the right once again. Here you'll find two bouncy bubbles. You know the drill. Bubble Count: 7
    Step 5: Go to the right to find two more bubbles. Collect them. Bubble Count: 9
    Step 6: Head one more screen to the right. Here you'll find the last bubble. Grab it.
    Step 7: Look around the map and find Living Waters. You'll need to kill a bunch of them, so get comfortable. Luckily they drop both the Aqua Vitaes and the Water Bubble Burst items. Either kill other enemies or roomhop if you run out of Living Waters. Once you have all the items, return to Ll'rillor.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all items are temporary. One optional (see Additional Notes).
    Additional Notes: Somewhat irritatingly, the Aqua Vitaes and Water Bubbles Burst are not a 100% drop rate. They're high, but not 100%, so you may need to kill more than the already rather substantial 15 Living Waters to get everything. Prepare to have to kill anywhere from 20-30. Which means you'll likely need to roomhop or kill extra monsters (I would suggest roomhopping). There are 20 spawn points on the map, so you should be able to find some with every room, but you'll run out most likely. The Living Waters also seem to have a 100% drop rate of the Wave of Virility. You can accept it once so you don't have to keep hitting No every time, but that's optional. As with other quests that are a combination of kill and click, you don't necessarily have to do the clicking first and killing second; you can do them at the same time. I just ordered them that way for convenience.

Flight of the Fishwings
    Fishwings are pretty interesting (and based off the flying fish, also very interesting), and are a melding of water and air. We are going to need some of their wings, as well as their apparently rare venom, in order to move forward. Let's go fishing!
    Relevant Quests: A Little Bit of Bubbly Never Hurt
    Item Requirements:
  • 13 Fish Wings
  • Vial of Fishwing Venom
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head off into the greater part of the map. You're looking for the Fishwings, and since the map is a random spawn they may be somewhat tough to find, just like the Living Waters of the last quest. Kill them until you've got all the items.
    Step 2: Return to Ll'rillor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: This is basically the same deal as the part with the Living Waters from the previous quest. You'll probably have to roomhop or kill extra monsters, the items aren't a 100% drop rate, and it's a somewhat significant number of items you need. Not an ideal situation but it's manageable.

Hunt for the Greater Good
    We need a spiritual trident in order to break the spell, so Ll'rillor needs us to go collect some items for it. Pretty straightforward, though I guess Ll'rillor is a pretty ingenious engineer to take the items and make a spiritual trident with them.
    Relevant Quests: Flight of the Fishwings
    Item Requirements:
  • Shining Fishman Trident
  • Marsh Tribal Totem
  • Powdered Drake's Horn
  • 3 Ocean Spirits Acquired
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head off to the right. Three of the items you need are drops from monsters; the Shining Fishman Trident comes from the Fishman Soldier, the Marsh Tribal Totem comes from the Marsh Lurker, and the Powdered Drake's Horn comes from the Frogdrake. You may need to explore the map a little to find these three (good old random spawns), but you only need one of each so you can pretty likely get it all within the same map.
    Step 2: From the very first screen where Ll'rillor is, head to the right five times. Here you'll find the first Ocean Spirit. Acquire it and head right. Spirit Count: 1
    Step 3: On this next screen you will find the second Ocean Spirit. Pick it up and head to the right-up area. Spirit Count: 2
    Step 4: Here you will find the last Ocean Spirit. Grab it and head back to Ll'rillor.
    Additional Notes: Since you only need one of each for the Fishman Soldier, Marsh Lurker, and Frogdrake, you shouldn't need to go to another map. If you do get unlucky and one doesn't spawn, though, just hop to another map. Other than that, it's a really straightforward quest.

Kill the Deep Dweller
    We need eggs, and so we have no choice but to kill the Deep Dweller. Everything depends on us, so no pressure or anything.
    Relevant Quests: Hunt for the Greater Good
    Item Requirements:
  • Deep Dweller Decompressed
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head all the way to the right, then walk into the middle of the whirlpool thingy.
    Step 2: Defeat the Deep Dweller that resides here. It hits fairly hard and has a pretty good amount of HP so prepare yourself for a rather tough fight. And a long run if you die.
    Additional Notes: Once you defeat the Deep Dweller, the quest will auto-complete, and it will launch into a cutscene. A very important cutscene. A cutscene that will actually result in a change in the game. But I will let you figure out what that is. Consider it a little game! After the cutscene you'll be put back in Waterstorm, but we are done here. Ll'rillor has a couple Legend-only quests, but now it's on to the final zone, Earthstorm.

Earthstorm

We find ourselves in the perhaps more ironically named place now, Earthstorm. Make your way there by /joining, and watch the cutscene that will play. After that you'll be put into the map, and you'll find Dr'Rader. He is your guide for Earthstorm. It is still undecided whether he is, in fact, a doctor. Talk to him to begin questing.

Call From Deep Within
    In these dire times, we must go deeper into the earth so we can understand more about the realm. We need to secure the Core Crystal, so we need to kill some elementals to prove the core is safe.
    Relevant Quests: Kill the Deep Dweller
    Item Requirements:
  • 5 Snuffed Flames
  • 5 Still Winds
  • 5 Toxic Waters
  • 5 Shaken Stones
    Locations:
  • Earthstorm, /join earthstorm
  • The Ruins of Great Gilead, /join gilead (optional)
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1 (Earthstorm): Accept the quest and basically just stay in the first room killing things. You're going to need to kill all four of the elementals there; the Fire Elementals, Wind Elementals, Water Elementals, and Earth Elementals.
    Step 1 (Gilead): Accept the quest and then head to The Ruins of Great Gilead. Here you'll find all the elementals you need, so use the rooms you need (from the central screen that would be the bottom left for Water and Earth, and bottom right for Earth, Fire, and Wind) to get the items.
    Step 2: Once you've gotten the items, return to Earthstorm (if you went to The Ruins of Great Gilead) and either way, talk to Dr'Rader to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: The four Elementals that spawn in the first screen of Earthstorm are guaranteed, the rest of the map has random spawns. If you choose to go to Gilead, keep in mind that upon returning to Earthstorm, you'll need to rewatch the cutscene (the cutscene will keep playing until you complete the first quest of the area). Somewhat frustratingly, the items are not 100% drops, so prepare yourself for a lot of kills. I would recommend running in a pattern so you aren't just standing around waiting for the elemental to respawn.

Chrysalis of Flames
    The earth put a shell of crystal around fire in an attempt to subdue it, but now that the fire is tamed we need to free it so that it can whisper secrets to us. Yay secrets! Here's another combo kill/click quest.
    Relevant Quests: Call from Deep Within
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Shattered Heats
  • 5 Aqua Libertases
  • 3 Glowing Coals
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then head to the right one screen and up one screen. You'll be in a cavern with various colors in the wall. Go in the leftmost one (the orange one) and here you'll find the first two Coals. Pick them up and head left.
    Step 2: In this next room you will find the third Coal. Pick it up.
    Step 3: Stay in these two rooms and kill the Crystallized Living Fires until you've gotten the ten Shattered Heats.
    Step 4: Leave these two rooms and go back to the main room with the four colors. Now run into the blue one. Kill the Sapphire Golems found here until you've got the five items, then return to Dr'Rader and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: The Shattered Heats and Aqua Libertases seem to be close to 100% drop rates (I had 100% for the Flames, it took 6 Golems to get the 5 Aquas), but the Crystallized Living Fires and Sapphire Golems are random spawns (within the two rooms you can find them in) so you may need to kill some extras to get all the items and/or get the monsters you need to spawn. Alternately you can roomhop. When you turn in the quest it shows an item called Secrets of Earth as a reward. This will get dumped into you Temporary Items inventory so you don't need to worry about it.

Glittering Secrets of Old
    It seems that when water and earth went to war, the secrets of water were stolen. However, the faithful acolytes of water retrieved them and hid them in the matrix of Crystallized Water. Whether that's relevant to this quest, I'm not 100% sure, but it is what happened.
    Relevant Quests: Chrysalis of Flames
    Item Requirements:
  • 8 Water Shell Matrix Decoders
  • 8 Diamond CrystalCutters
  • 8 Water Secrets Unlocked
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head right and up into the caves once more. Go into the water (blue) cave and find some Crystalized Jellyfish. Vanquish them until you've gotten the eight Water Shell Matrix Decoders.
    Step 2: In the second room of the water cave, there are the Water Secrets Unlocked. All eight can be found here, but some are almost guaranteed to be blocked by enemies. Do what you have to and collect them.
    Step 3: Leave the water cave and go to the air (grey) cave from the hub. Here you'll find Diamond Golems. Defeat them for the Diamond CrystalCutters and then return Dr'Rader and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: Both monsters required in this quest are random spawns, so you'll probably have to kill extra enemies or roomhop to get all the items you need. Additionally, the air cave only has four spawn points in it, so you may need to spend extra time there looking for the Diamond Golems. The Water Secrets Unlocked have the arrow above the pool of water, and you can actually click the pool to get the item, so use that to your advantage to avoid some fighting if you can and want to. As with the previous quest, you'll get a temp item as a reward when you turn in the quest.

Aria of Great Significance
    Air has some secrets that are locked away to all but those who know the proper song. I'm assuming this song is not the Song of Storms. If we want to hear Air's song, we're going to need to reproduce the tones the crystals play. As an aside, the Aria in the quest name is not the pet shop owner, but rather an aria, hence the quest description.
    Relevant Quests: Glittering Secrets of Old
    Item Requirements:
  • 2 G Tones
  • 2 B Tones
  • 2 D Tones
  • 2 E Tones
  • 8 Greenglass Bells
  • 8 Crystal Strikers
  • Tone Sounded
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head to the caves. You'll find some clickables here that you can gather but for now I am going to ignore them. Return to the air cave and find some Shard Spinners. Defeat them until you've gotten all the Tones.
    Step 2: Leave the air cave and go into the earth (green) cave. You're looking for the Emerald Golems. Defeat them until you've gotten the eight Greenglass Bells.
    Step 3: Go back into the main hub to collect (if you didn't already) the three Crystal Strikers found there. Striker Count: 3
    Step 4: Into the air cave we go (again)! In the first room you'll find another three Strikers. Collect them. Striker Count: 6
    Step 5: Head into the final room to find the last two Crystal Strikers. Gather them up. Also take note of the eight colored crystals in the back, they're important.
    Step 6: Leave the room and then go back in, watching the crystals. They'll light up in a pattern. Remember that pattern (or don't since I'm about to tell you what it is). You need to replicate the pattern by clicking on the crystals. The order is Red, Green, Yellow, Orange, Blue, Violet, Purple, Pink. In numerical order (from left to right) that would be 1, 4, 3, 2, 5, 7, 6, 8. Once you've played it you'll get the Tone Sounded. Return to Dr'Rader and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: I'm going to assume by now you've gotten the random spawn thing down. When playing the crystals, they're light up with a white outline. Let that fade before clicking the next one. You'll also get the temporary Secrets of Air item.

Rekindling a Pomegranate
    Do you like pomegranates? Well, Dr'Rader likes them... in crystal form for their beauty. Because apparently beauty is more useful than food. But we want these crystal pomegranates to continue to exist, so we need to kindle the Radia Terrix's life force. They grow via heat so we need heat!
    Relevant Quests: Aria of Great Significance
    Item Requirements:
  • 12 Crystallized Heats
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head to the right, going back to the main cave hub.
    Step 2: Go into the fire cave once more and find Ruby Golems. They drop the Crystallized Heat required for the quest. Once you have all 12, return to Dr'Rader.
    Additional Notes: Random respawns is really the only issue to deal with for this quest. Beyond that, it's pretty simple. Once again you'll be given an temporary Secrets (Earth this time) item.

Legendary Crystal Skulls
    Now that we have the secrets, we need to bring them to life. Once you've finished imagining the terror of embodied secrets, you'll discover we need some crystals that are of the purest form to give voice to Earth's secrets. The other secrets, it seems, will remain secret.
    Relevant Quests: Rekindling a Pomegranate
    Item Requirements:
  • 4 Crystal Skulls
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head off to the main cave hub once more. Head into the earth cave.
    Step 2: We're looking for the Amethites that spawn (grow?) here. Look at their face. Don't they look so happy? Clearly, the optimal course of action is to pick a fight with them. Keep on wailing on them until you've gotten the four Crystal Skulls, then return to Dr'Rader.
    Inventory Space Required: 1, for the skulls (literally the only quest in the entire saga that has non-temporary items).
    Additional Notes: Random spawns. The Skulls are very much not a 100% drop rate, which is a bit of a bummer. You can expect to be there for a decent amount of time trying to get all four of them. On the bright side, because they're not temporary, you can log out without worrying about losing your progress.

Return of the Crystal Beauty
    Desoloth has turned the earth power against the embodiment of earth, Arradia. We need to attack her, as much as it pains Dr'Rader, in order to help restore her to her true form.
    Relevant Quests: Legendary Crystal Skulls
    Item Requirements:
  • Proto-Earth Prime Dragon Subdued
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and head back to the cave hub.
    Step 2: Surprise! Arradia is right here, waiting for you. Where she came from, I have no idea, but here she is. Lay the smackdown on her (yelling "Bad dragon!" is optional). Once you defeat her, you'll get the item, and a couple seconds later the quest will auto-complete.
    Additional Notes: Unsurprisingly, after defeating Arradia, you'll be given another cutscene to progress the storyline. It's quite the cutscene, and afterwards there will be a certain change in one of the maps you've been to. After it finishes, you'll be dumped back into Earthstorm, but you're now done with the Earthstorm portion of the storyline. Up next is the Etherstorm War.

The War

Now it is time to fight in the war. Except, not really anymore. The Etherstorm War was one of the War events that AQW puts on but it ended long ago. The maps are still around, but the actual war event is over, so there's naught to do with the actual war. You've got three options here for maps, representing the different sides of the war. There is the Good side of the war, with the Etherstorm War (Good) map (/join etherwargood). There is the Evil side, Etherstorm War (Evil) (/join etherwarevil). And there is Desoloth's side, Etherstorm War (Desoloth) (/join etherwardes). Join any one of them (it doesn't matter which, the only differences are the monsters in them) and you'll be greeted with another cutscene. Watch it and you'll be dumped in the entrance of the map. Now, just ignore the NPC that's standing there; in terms of where we are at now, they don't have anything of use to us. Instead, run up/right, up through the portal, to the left, and up. Once you get here, you'll be given one of the morality options. Pick whichever you please to see whichever response you want, and prepare yourself for potential emotional impacts. After the cutscene finishes, you'll find yourself in a room with Desoloth the Final. As you've probably figured out by now, your goal is to beat him. He's not actually terribly difficult, he just has a lot of HP, but you may want to get some friends to help so you can survive better and go faster.

Once you beat Desoloth, you'll be given one more cutscene. You'll be asked a question and you can respond either way; it changes some of the dialogue but the end result is the same. Once you finish the cutscene, you'll be put back at the entrance of the Etherstorm War map you were in and... that's all for Etherstorm!

Now, there are a few things I'd like to note before moving on. If you read the dialogue in the cutscene before the fight with Desoloth, you may have noticed something about the Primes helping you. This is a vestige of an older version of the fight; Artix Entertainment staff removed that mechanic and changed the fight long ago, so the dialogue in the cutscene isn't quite as meaningful as it once was. Additionally, the follow-up to the Etherstorm area, Dragonhame, was released long after Etherstorm finished, so don't worry too much if there seems to be weird difficult shifts or anything. And on that note, let's move on!

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 7/13/2016 18:31:04 >
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 2
    5/1/2015 21:34:17   
    Shadowhunt

The Saga's End

Long after the events of the Etherstorm War were finished and Desoloth was defeated, Artix Entertainment released an expansion on the Etherstorm story. If you watched the last cutscene from the Etherstorm War, you probably have a pretty good idea of where this will be heading. So let's get going with the end of the Etherstorm saga, shall we?

Dragonhame

Welcome to Dragonhame, the heart of the Etherstorm Wastes. This is a pretty big map, but it's mostly just full of NPCs, so beware that there may be some long journeys and a lot of room changing ahead. Also of note is that many of the quests that are involved with this zone have NPCs in other areas that either also offer the quest, or have a quest that you start from (i.e. you'll have a quest from Hs'Sakar in Firestorm, but it's still a part of the Dragonhame quests). There are a lot of ways to access this map: you can just join it (/join dragonhame), or you can access it from any of the portals found in Firestorm, Airstorm, Waterstorm, and Earthstorm. Now that you've gotten here, let's get going. Head up from the screen you spawn in and talk to the NPC on the right, Drakor. He's the man (Dracomancer, actually) for the quests.

Talk to Hs'Sakar in Firestorm
    Drakor tells us that the community there is hesitant to trust outsiders. Hard to blame them, really, but we can be vouched for by Hs'Sakar, whom Drakor trusts, so we need to go talk to Hs'Sakar.
    Relevant Quests: Whatever the quest is where you have to beat Desoloth the Final is called... Which you've done!
    Item Requirements:
  • Find Hs'Sakar
    Locations:
  • Dragonhame, /join dragonhame
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and head to Firestorm. Haven't been there in a while!
    Step 2: Talk to Hs'Sakar in order to receive the quest item. Click on the quests button to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: You can turn in this quest at Hs'Sakar, so you don't need to go back to Drakor to try to do it. For whatever reason it is the second quest in the quest list, but completing it will unlock the currently locked one above it. It's a pretty straightforward quest.

Bring Amulet to Drakor
    Once again Hs'Sakar tells us of his plight; his amulet was stolen by a Sulfur Imp! Sneaky little guys, always getting into trouble. We need to fetch it so that we can bring it back to Drakor.
    Relevant Quests: Talk to Hs'Sakar in Firestorm
    Item Requirements:
  • Golden Flame Sigil
    Locations:
    Walkthrough
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Hs'Sakar and head to the right. As you may recall from the Firestorm section, most of the enemies will be up, but you can head to the right as well. No matter which way you choose, you're going to be looking for the Sulfur Imps.
    Step 2: Once you've found some Sulfur Imps, slay them with your mighty will until you've obtained the Golden Flame Sigil.
    Step 3: Return to Dragonhame and talk to Drakor to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: The Sulfur Imps don't seem to have a 100% drop rate for the item, but it seems high enough; I got it in two kills. Once again, the quest is at the bottom of the list for Drakor for whatever reason.

Kill Us Some Zombies
    Because Hs'Sakar trusts us, we are being given the chance to prove ourselves to Dragonhame by Drakor. Our first task is to help them with a little land problem. The undead of Shadowfall are trying to take Dragonhame's land. We'll ignore the discrepancy between undead and zombies and help out Drakor.
    Relevant Quests: Bring Amulet to Drakor
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Undead defeated
    Locations:
  • Shadowfall, /join shadowfall
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then make your way to Shadowfall.
    Step 2: Head left into the dragon's mouth, and then make your way into the middle of the three options to the right (it's through the door with the two skulls mounted above it, next to the Undead).
    Step 3: You have several options at this point. The item that is required is dropped by the Angry Zombies, Shadow Munchers, Skeletal Knights, and Skeletal Warriors that can be found here. Kill whatever combination of them you prefer (see Additional Notes here for some more information and recommendations) until you've got the quest items.
    Step 4: Return to Dragonhame and turn in the quest to Drakor.
    Additional Notes: Lots to say about this one. First off, if you go to Shadowfall and go through the door, there is a chance you'll be greeted with a cutscene in which Gravelyn shows herself to be in a foul mood. You have to make a choice for which side you fight on here, and the choice is 100% final. That doesn't affect this questline so I won't go into it, but what does matter is that the quests you'll get from that choice are essentially the same, they just reward either Good or Evil reputation depending on which side you choose. Now, for this quest, there are a lot of ways to tackle getting the Undead defeated items. There are a lot of Angry Zombies so you could get most of the items by just killing them and not having to wait around for respawns, but they also have the most health. The Shadow Munchers have less health but there are only three of them (though all are in the same room). Personally, I'd recommend heading to the right from the doorway and then up into the first room from that hallway. This is the "training room", where the Skeletal Knights and Warriors are on an infinite spawn loop. They have very little health so you can kill them quickly but they also are prone to dropping a lot of items, so you will likely have to deal with that. Pick whichever you like but I prefer the Skeletal one; it isn't that hard to click No to some items.

Put 'Em Through the Wringer
    Put your "interrogating" hat on because we're going "interrogating"! For whatever reason the denizens of Dragonhame have had problems with the cultists of Fotia so we are going to go get some information from them to get some insight to the plague's source.
    Relevant Quests: Kill Us Some Zombies
    Item Requirements:
  • 7 Cultists Interrogated
    Locations:
  • Fotia, /join fotia (Choose one)
  • Elsa's Frozen Fotia, /join frozenfotia (Choose one)
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head to whichever of the two Fotia maps you prefer. You'll have to run the same distance for each map and both have the same spawn chances, so pick Fotia if you like red and Frozen Fotia if you like blue.
    Step 2: Run to the left, then up, then up the path, up that next path, and down the path in the middle. Once here you'll find (regardless of the map) two Femme Cult Worshippers. "Interrogate" them until you've "interrogated" enough of them and then return to Drakor in Dragonhame to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: The room I send you to with the two Femme Cult Worshippers has them as a guaranteed spawn, but there is a random spawn of two more in the room before, so there is a chance you could find some there as well. Also, be careful with them if you're a lower level. They have almost 15,000 HP and hit for around 200 damage, up to around 500 on a critical hit, so they're potent enemies. Also, as an aside, Fotia is the beginning of an interesting saga regarding Dage the Evil, so if you've not done that, you could start it while you're working on this quest.

The Core of the Problem
    The elementals of Dragonhame aren't being killed but they are being affected by the plague, so Drakor wants us to bring some cores from an area untainted by the plague. He says the Ruins of Great Gilead but we're not going there, because we're smart!
    Relevant Quests: Put 'Em Through the Wringer
    Item Requirements:
  • 3 Cores of Earth
  • 3 Cores of Fire
  • 3 Cores of Water
  • 3 Cores of Wind
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head over to our old romp, Earthstorm. I know Drakor said The Ruins of Great Gilead but you'll see why we are going to Earthstorm!
    Step 2: In this first room, you will find the Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, and Wind Elemental that drop the four types of cores we need. All four are conveniently in one room, so we don't need to run around to find them. Thus, going here instead of The Ruins of Great Gilead. Defeat the Elementals until you've gotten three of each type of core, the return to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: In a somewhat irritating and seemingly recurring theme, the Elementals do not drop the Cores at a 100% rate. It does seem somewhat high so you shouldn't have to stick around for too long but it does mean you'll probably have some extra kills to make. Other than that it's very straightforward.

The Scroll of Salubris
    The Merdraconians in the Natatorium appear to be unaffected by the plague, despite being dragonkin. Rumors have been swirling of a scroll they posses that is making them immune. So Drakor wants us to take the scroll from them. Which seems to mean we will be taking their immunity, but that's just sort of glossed over. If it's in the name of survival of all dragons, though, I suppose it's acceptable?
    Relevant Quests: The Core of the Problem
    Item Requirements:
  • Scroll of Salubris
    Locations:
  • Natatorium, /join natatorium
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head to the Natatorium.
    Step 2: Head up one screen to find two Merdraconians. Defeat them until you have gotten the Scroll of Salubris, and then head back to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: The Scroll is not a 100% drop rate. I got it in 5 kills but that doesn't say much about the rate, just that it's not 100%. From the screen with the two Merdraconians, you can find one more per screen by heading either one screen to the left or right, if you don't want to wait around for the two to spawn. This does appear to be the last quest from Drakor, but if you close the quest box and then talk to Drakor again, he gives some information about the scroll and has a new set of quests you can access.

Must Be All Those Limbs
    The magic from the scroll is apparently a different type than we're used to. As a result, we need some stuff from the Cave of Wanders in Sandsea to help us.
    Relevant Quests: The Scroll of Salubris
    Item Requirements:
  • 5 Lotus Petals
  • 5 Talismans of Renewal
    Locations:
  • The Cave of Wanders, /join wanders
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head over to the Cave of Wanders.
    Step 2: Head up one screen. This is the "hub" screen. Use this screen and then the screens accessible through the three doors to find the Lotus Spiders for the Lotus Petals and Kalestri Worshippers for the Talismans. Defeat them until you've got all the Petals and Talismans, then return to Drakor to turn in the quest. Please see Additional Notes for notes about the Cave of Wanders.
    Additional Notes: The Cave of Wanders is a pretty confusing place. There are a lot of screens that look similar and a lot of doorways. As a result we are going to keep it simple and use the "hub" room and only the rooms directly connected to it through the three doorways so there isn't an issue of getting lost or anything. Furthermore, all the monsters are random spawns, so you may need to room-hop or kill some extra monsters to get all the Lotus Spiders and Kalestri Worshippers you need for this quest. There's also some more bad news; the items are not 100% drops. Neither the Petals nor the Talismans drop 100% of the time, though the Talismans seem to be a little less. On the bright side, the Petals drop in bunches, so in order to get all 5 I only need 2 drops (I got a 2 and 3) from the Lotus Spiders. So we've got a confusing map with random spawns and non-100% drops to deal with for this quest.

What We Need is More Mages
    The priests and alchemists (for whatever reason) will work on the materials we have brought back, but Drakor is wise and knows it couldn't hurt to ask for more help. As a result, we are going to go to Dragonrune Hall and ask the professors there for help.
    Relevant Quests: Must Be All Those Limbs
    Item Requirements:
  • Maedoc's Report
  • Mueran's Report
  • Warlic's Report
  • Sora to Hoshi's Report
  • Neveya's Report
    Locations:
  • Dragonrune Hall, /join dragonrune
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head to Dragonrune Hall. Head up twice, and you'll find Sora to Hoshi. Click on the arrow to receive her report.
    Step 2: Head through the leftmost door (with the purple rune on it) and you'll find Mueran. Receive his report and head back out into the main room with Sora.
    Step 3: Go through the middle-left door (with the green rune on it) and find Maedoc. Get his report and head back out to the main room.
    Step 4: Head into the middle-right door (with the cyan rune on it) and find Neveya. Receive her report and head back into the main room.
    Step 5: Finally, head into the rightmost room (with the yellow rune on it) and talk to Warlic to get his report. Now that you've gotten all the reports, head back to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: Not much to say, except that this is one where you click the arrow to talk to the NPC to get the item, rather than clicking the dialogue bubble, so don't get confused by that. It would be interesting to see what they all report but alas.

Protect the Eggs
    We've done all the research we can, so now it is time to focus on protecting the young. We are going to find as many eggs as we can in Dragonhame and bring them to the center of town, so the healers can look after them more easily. You know what that means? We're going on a quest where we don't have to leave Dragonhame!
    Relevant Quests: What We Need is More Mages
    Item Requirements:
  • 8 Dragon Eggs
  • Dragon Eggs Placed
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Buckle in and listen up, because Dragonhame is a huge map. Start off by heading two screens to the right, where you'll find the first egg. Find a way to gather up that beast of an egg and chuckle at the text in the progress bar. Egg Count: 1
    Step 2: Go to the left one screen, then up, then left once more to find another egg. Gather it up. Egg Count: 2
    Step 3: Head to the left two screens to find the next egg. Gather that little guy up. Egg Count: 3
    Step 4: Go to the left one screen and then down one screen, where you'll find two more eggs. Grab 'em! Egg Count: 5
    Step 5: Head to the left, and then to the right, to find another couple eggs. Gather them. Egg Count: 7
    Step 6: Head one screen to the right and you'll be back where you started. Now head up one screen and find the last egg. Gather it up. You're now conveniently in the room where you can place the eggs (if you try to do it before you have all 8 it won't let you), so place them and wonder why you had to gather that last egg, since it was already right there. Head down one screen to talk to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: You don't really have to go in a counter-clockwise circle like I had you go, it's just an easy to way to hit all the rooms with eggs. There are several pathways you can take in the map that won't lead to a room with an egg, though, so be careful with those. Like I said, Dragonhame is a big map.

Very, Very Sad
    One of the young dragons seems have fallen very ill and in his fever is in an uncontrollable rampage. His plague is too far advanced for him to be saved, and he cannot be allowed to continue his destruction and plague spread. You can see where this is heading, can't you? Drakor wants us to take care of the situation, as none of the residents of Dragonhame have the heart to do it. Sometimes sacrifices must be made for the greater good.
    Relevant Quests: Protect the Eggs
    Item Requirements:
  • Sick Dragon Slain
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head right two screens and up one. If you tried going here before, it was blocked off, but now it is accessible.
    Step 2: Here you will find the Infected Dragon. For a baby dragon he's got some health and power, but do him and Dragonhame a favor and defeat him. Once you defeat him, the quest will auto-complete and you'll be launched into a cutscene.
    Additional Notes: The cutscene gives some direction for what you need to do next, so it could be worth watching if you're in the habit of skipping them (though I'll tell you where to go next anyways...). There's also some interesting things that happen regarding the baby dragon, which could be some foreshadowing.

Ward the Hospital
    Despite what was said in the cutscene, it seems we still need to do some warding for the rest of the town. As a result, we're going to need to slay three more infected dragons.
    Relevant Quests: Very, Very Sad
    Item Requirements:
  • 3 Infected Bloods
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and once again, head two screen to the right and one screen up.
    Step 2: The Infected Dragon still is here, so defeat it three times to get the three bloods. This one doesn't auto-complete so return to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: This is basically the same quest as Very, Very Sad, only we are doing it three times. So it's pretty straightforward. Once you turn it in, there is a cutscene that shows the spread of the plague. From this point on, the quests start being available from several locations, but they are still a part of the Dragonhame line.

Recover samples in Lair
    Galanoth is glad that we are working with Warlic, and he wants us to obtain some samples of uninfected biological material for him. Note that this quest can be started from Drakor in Dragonhame or Galanoth in Vasalkar Lair. Of important note is that once you reach this point, Galanoth's usual dialogue box is replaced with one specific for the Dragonhame line, so his normal buttons are not available. So for this quest and the following two, you will be unable to access Galanoth's regular shops or quests.
    Relevant Quests: Ward the Hospital
    Item Requirements:
  • 3 Superior Dragon Bloods
  • 3 Draconian Venoms
  • 3 Draconian Tears
  • 3 Wyvern Scales
    Locations:
  • Dragonhame, /join dragonhame (Optional)
  • Vasalkar Lair, /join lair
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: If you're in Dragonhame, accept the quest from Drakor and then head to Vasalkar Lair. Or just make your way to Vasalkar Lair and accept the quest from Galanoth in the first room. In this first room are two Water Draconians. Defeat them until you've gotten the three Draconian Tears.
    Step 2: Head up one screen and slay the Wyvern you find here. Go up one more screen and slay this Wyvern as well. Make your way more more screen up and defeat one of the Wyverns here. You should have all three of the Wvyern Scales but if not, you can just stay in this room defeating the two Wyverns here until you've gotten the Scales.
    Step 3: From the screen with the two Wyverns (Screen 4), head straight up. This will lead you into a little side cave where you can find a few monsters, one of which is the Venom Draconian (the green one). Kill it, and then head down out and to the right along the top path. In this next room you'll find another Venom Draconian. Alternate between the rooms defeating them until you've got all three Draconian Venoms.
    Step 4: You may not have to do this depending on your luck, but you may have noticed the Water and Venom Draconians also were dropping the Superior Dragon Blood. If you managed to get all 3 while getting the Tears and Venoms, you can go turn in the quest. If you didn't, return to the little side cave. Defeat the Venom Draconian and Purple Draconian until you've gotten all the Superior Dragon Bloods, then return to Galanoth or Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: In my experience with it, the Wyvern Scales dropped at a 100% rate while everything else did not. In the side cave, there is also a Bronze Draconian. You can kill it if you want to, but it won't drop the Superior Dragon Blood so there is no need to. If you decide to fight Draconians in rooms other than the side cave, you can also get the Superior Dragon Blood from the Dark Draconians and Golden Draconians. I'd recommend turning the quest in to Galanoth, since he is conveniently located on Screen 4 with the two Wyverns.

Darkness to Calm Dragons
    Dragons are calmed by Dark Draconian Essence and it seems DragonSlayers often use it to subdue the dragons. Galanoth wants us to gather some. Once again, this quest is available from both Drakor and Galanoth.
    Relevant Quests: Recover samples in Lair
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Dark Draconian Essences
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 0: Make your way to screen 4 of Vasalkar Lair if you are not there already.
    Step 1: If you haven't from one of the other locations (Drakor or Galanoth on Screen 1), accept the quest. Head right (it doesn't matter which path you take) one screen. Here you will find, on the bottom path, a Dark Draconian. If you are on the bottom path, you can just go attack it. If you are on the top path, double click it to attack and your character should run and cross the gap of the path to attack. Alternately, you can use a ranged attack or attacks to attack and kill it from the top path.
    Step 2: Head one more screen to the right. There will be another Dark Draconian on the top path. If you're still on the top path, you can go attack it. If you're on the bottom path, once again you should be able to double click and your character will run and then cross the gap. Kill this one too.
    Step 3: Alternate between the rooms killing the two Dark Draconians, either with ranged attacks or crossing the gap, until you've gotten all 10 Essences, then return to Galanoth on Screen 4 and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: I am very confident in the technique to cross the gap; I did it for all 10 of the kills needed for the Essence. However, you won't be able to just run across the gap, you need to be in the process of attacking a monster. Additionally, if you use a ranged attack, the Draconian will likely cross the gap on its own to come attack you, so either way, you should be able to get to it. If you are unable to get the gap crossing to work and don't have a class with ranged attacks, you'll just have to run, though at that point it's probably faster to just use one room and have the monster respawn.

Quest for the Red Dragon's Scroll
    Galanoth thinks that if there is one dragon who would know more about any other plagues the dragons have suffered, it would be the Red Dragon. Whether this is a reference to the length the Red Dragon has been in the game, I'll let you decide. Regardless, we are to defeat it to convince it to tell us more. Once again, this quest is available from both Drakor and Galanoth.
    Relevant Quests: Darkness to Calm Dragons
    Item Requirements:
  • Red Dragon's Scroll
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 0: Make your way to screen 4 of Vasalkar Lair if you are not there already.
    Step 1: If you haven't yet, accept the quest from Galanoth. Now head to the top path and head right three times until you get to the cave with the famous Red Dragon.
    Step 2: Defeat the Red Dragon to obtain the scroll, and then head back to Galanoth to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: If you actually read the quest text for when you finish a quest, Galanoth will tell you to go see Artix in Swordhaven. Not quite yet. If you talk to Galanoth again he will then tell you to go talk to Drakor once more, and have a button that will take you right to him. How convenient!

Help Artix in Swordhavenundead
    Well, the quest text seems to indicate Artix is talking to us but we are accepting the quest from Drakor. So that's fun. But Artix (I think) needs our help clearing out the last of the undead from Swordhaven, so we help him and he will help us! That's fair.
    Relevant Quests: Quest for the Red Dragon's Scroll
    Item Requirements:
  • 13 Undead Slain
    Locations:
  • Swordhaven (Undead), /join swordhavenundead
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head to Swordhaven (Undead). In this first room you will find two Skeletal Soldiers and one Skeletal Ice Mage. Defeat them and then head up.
    Step 2: On this screen you will find three more Skeletal Ice Mages. Take them out and then head back down.
    Step 3: Alternate between this room and the one with the three Skeletal Ice Mages, clearing them out until you've gotten the 13 Undead Slain. Return to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: Very straightforward quest here. The monsters in Swordhavenundead to tend to drop a lot of items so you may need to decline some. Also, the quest text is almost certainly supposed to be from Artix's point of view so it's sort of funny to have it being delivered by Drakor. Of more important note, after completing this quest, Galanoth's dialogue box and options return to normal in the Vasalkar Lair map, so you can access them again.

Kill Dracolich in Temple
    Warlic is going to need the bones of an undead dragon in order to study, since the dragons are dying. We need to slay a Dracolich, therefore, to get Warlic the specimen he needs. Note that this quest can be started from Drakor or from the Artix NPC that shows up at in the Dracolich room at the Light Temple after completing the previous quest. You're already at Drakor, though...
    Relevant Quests: Help Artix in Swordhavenundead, as well as the Light Temple Quests up to and including 'Level 20' (please see Additional Notes)
    Item Requirements:
  • Undead Dragon Bones
    Locations:
  • Light Temple, /join temple
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor or head to Light Temple and skip to the bottom, and then head left to the room with the Dracolich to accept the quest from Artix there.
    Step 2: Defeat the Dracolich and then turn the quest in to Artix (since he's standing right there).
    Additional Notes: First and foremost; I am not 100% sure if you need to have access to the Dracolich screen by having done the quests for the Light Temple. Artix mentions in his dialogue box that if we haven't done the rest of the temple, we should come back later and do it, but for now we should fight the Dracolich. So there is a chance you may be able to skip down there for this quest if you haven't done the Light Temple Quests. However, I have done those on the account I am using for this section, so until I can double check I am going to assume they need to be done. Now, for the Dracolich: this is a tough fight, as it hits hard (230-430 sort of range, nearing 600 on critical hits). This is made even harder by the fact that there is an additional monster, the Cryptkeeper Lich, in the room, which will attack you if you use an AoE class. So do what needs to be done in order to defeat the Dracolich. After you turn in the quest to Artix, his new dialogue box will have a button to send you to see Warlic in Dragonhame.

Research in Gilead
    Warlic says some sort of confusing stuff about being sure and suggesting the cause of the plague and whatnot, but the main point here is that he needs pure elemental essences, which we will be obtaining for him. This quest can be accepted from Warlic either in Dragonhame or The Ruins of Great Gilead, or from Drakor.
    Relevant Quests: Kill Dracolich in Temple
    Item Requirements:
  • 3 Pure Fire Essences
  • 3 Pure Water Essences
  • 3 Pure Air Essences
  • 3 Pure Earth Essences
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then head to Earthstorm. Yes, I know the quest says Gilead, but you may recall doing this before with The Core of the Problem quest.
    Step 2: Once again, we are going to kill the Earth Elemental, Fire Elemental, Water Elemental, and Wind Elemental that can be found here in order to get the Pure Essences. Once we have three of all four types, return to Warlic in Dragonhame to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: On this day, a miracle has been witnessed. The Essences seem to have a 100% drop rate! Finally, Elementals dropping their items at a 100% rate! You can also choose to go to the Ruins of Great Gilead if you would prefer that, and you could accept the quest from Warlic there instead of going to Dragonhame, but I find it more convenient to use Earthstorm since all four types of Elementals are in the same room.

Fire and Ice in Battleundera
    Warlic needs bone marrow samples from both fire and ice undead, so we are going to get him some. Maybe we can sing a song about ice and fire while doing it (cookies if you get the reference!). This quest can be accepted from Warlic in either Dragonhame or BattleUnder, or from Drakor.
    Relevant Quests: Research in Gilead
    Item Requirements:
  • 6 Undead Fire Marrows
  • 6 Undead Ice Marrows
    Locations:
  • Swordhaven (Undead), /join swordhavenundead
  • Portal (Undead), /join portalundead
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then head to Swordhaven (Undead). Once again we are being smart about where we go for the items. You'll be killing the Skeletal Ice Mages again, so kill the one in the first room and the three in the room up, alternating the rooms until you get the six Undead Ice Marrows.
    Step 2: Now head to Portal (Undead). When you join the room, a cutscene will play, but there is a skip button in the bottom right. In this first room you will encounter two Skeletal Fire Mages. Slay them and head up one room to find one more Skeletal Fire Mage. Head back to the first room or roomhop to another Portal (Undead) map (you'll have to skip or watch the cutscene again if you roomhop) and repeat the process to get the last three Undead Fire Marrows. Return to Warlic in Dragonhame and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: If you want to go by what the quest says, you can use the BattleUnder map (/join battleundera). However, the enemies here are random spawns, unlike the guaranteed ones in Swordhaven (Undead) and Portal (Undead) so you could have to roomhop or kill a lot of extra monsters to find the ones you need. As a result I highly encourage you to just use the method I've outlined.

Unlife's a Lich
    Ha! A pun on an expression about what life is. Our Elemental Undead samples were perfect but now we are going to need to get a sample of purely necromantic magic, which will be done with the Lich and his runes. Warlic in Dragonhame or BattleUnder, or Drakor, will give you this quest.
    Relevant Quests: Fire and Ice in Battleundera
    Item Requirements:
  • 6 Necromantic Runes
    Locations:
  • Marsh 2, /join marsh2
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then head to Marsh 2.
    Step 2: Head to the right three times and you'll find a party! In this room are several monsters, including the Lich. Start defeating him until you've gotten 6 Necromantic Runes. Once you've got them, return to Warlic in Dragonhame and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: As with the previous quest, you can use the BattleUnder map (/join battleundera). But the enemies are, as mentioned, random spawns. This, compounded with the fact that the Necromantic Rune does not drop 100% of the time (though it is fairly high) means you could spend a lot of time finding Liches and getting the six Runes if you choose to use BattleUnder. If you use the Marsh 2 map, use caution in the room with the Lich. There are three other monsters besides the Lich so if you have an AoE class you might end up fighting a lot more than you need to.

Dragonhame Infirmary Invasion
    There are zombie dragons in the hospital, and we need to put them out of their misery. We also cannot allow them to threaten the rest of the citizens of Dragonhame, so we'll need to go take care of the problem.
    Relevant Quests: Unlife's a Lich
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Dragons Subdued
    Locations:
  • Infirmary, /join infirmary
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head to the Infirmary. It's faster to just join it, but you can run there by going right two screens and then up two screens.
    Step 2: In this first room you will find a Zombie Dragon. Defeat it and head to the right.
    Step 2: This room contains two more Zombie Dragons. Put them out of their misery. You'll now be alternating between this room and the first until you get all 10 Dragons Subdued. Drakor should be in the first room, so turn in the quest to him.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all items are temporary, though one could be quite useful.
    Additional Notes: The Zombie Dragons are tagged as Undead, so if you've got something that does bonus damage to Undead then you could use it here. The reason you may want one inventory space is that the Zombie Dragons drop the Infection Cutter 100% of the time, so unless you want to hit No to it each time, you could accept it and then just delete it later if you don't want to keep it.

Elemental Dracolich Destruction
    We seem to have encountered an elemental Dracolich. Though Drakor's never heard of something like that, it does make sense, apparently. How the plague could do it, though, makes less sense. We need to subdue the creature to study it and find out what has become of it.
    Relevant Quests: Dragonhame Infirmary Invasion
    Item Requirements:
  • Proto-Earth Dracolich
    Locations:
  • Infirmary, /join infirmary
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head two screens to the right, through the big door that says KEEP OUT! Here you will find the Proto-Earth Dracolich.
    Step 2: Defeat the Proto-Earth Dracolich and then wait a couple seconds. The quest will auto-complete and then a cutscene will play.
    Additional Notes: The Proto-Earth Dragon is a somewhat tough fight with a lot of health and a pretty strong attack. He also does not seem to be tagged as Undead. So you may be in for a bit of a fight. The cutscene sort of gives direction on where to go next, but not a lot. This is, however, the end of the Dragonhame section.

Dragon Heart

Well, here we are. Finally here to wrap up this saga. When you head to Dragon Heart (either by /joining dragonheart or via the button on Drakor in Dragonhame) you'll be greeted with a cutscene that gives more story development. So how about it? Let's finish this fight! As a side note, the map may look pretty familiar; it's basically a recolored and slightly pared down version of the Dragonplane map, which makes sense if you've been watching the cutscenes. Something to note: I went to the map via the button from Drakor in Dragonhame and after that it dumped me in the second room of the map, where Drakor is. This led to an issue where I couldn't accept the quests, because when you first join the map, there is an auto-completing quest in the first room. So you'll either need to rejoin the map if you use the button from Drakor, or you may be able to just run to the right one room and get the quest completion.

Ward the Heart
    The Dragonplane has, as you can clearly see, been infected. If we want to contain it, we are going to have to isolate the areas. This means Warlic's handy wards are going to be used. Thanks Warlic!
    Relevant Quests: Dragonplane in Peril (this is the aforementioned auto-completing quest) and probably Elemental Dracolich Destruction
    Item Requirements:
  • 5 Wards Placed
    Locations:
  • Dragon Heart, /join dragonheart
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and head up one screen. This is roughly the equivalent of the Earth portion of the Dragonplane, and it is here that you'll find the first ward location. Place the ward.
    Step 2: Head out of the "Infected Earth Realm" and then make your way to the left. Now head up into the "Infected Water Realm" to find the second ward location. Set the might ward!
    Step 3: Now head up and out, to the left, and into the "Infected Air Realm". Once here you will find ward location number three. Place that ward. Place it!
    Step 4: Once again, head up and out, to the left, and into the infected realm, this time Fire. Here you'll find the fourth ward location. Set the ward.
    Step 5: This time you're going to head straight up (which is slightly different from the Dragonplane map) and then to the right two screens. Upon your arrival you shall be greeted by the final ward location. Place the ward and then head back to Drakor to turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: This quest serves as your introduction to the map and also gives you a pretty good idea of what is going to be coming up for the remaining quests (you did look at the monsters, right?). By the time you get to the final ward, you'll be at the end of the map, so it's probably better to roomhop to get back to Drakor rather than run all the way back.

Infection Rejection
    It seems Drakor still has hope we can save some of those infected dragons that aren't too far gone, so he wants us to knock some out so we can try to treat and save them.
    Relevant Quests: Ward the Heart
    Item Requirements:
  • 6 Infected Dragons Slain
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head back one screen to the first screen. There are two Infected Dragonlings here, and they are what give you the quest item.
    Step 2: "Knock out" the two Dragonlings and then either wait for them to respawn or head one screen left and "knock out" the Dragonling there as well, and then repeat. We need 6 of the items, so get them in whatever way you feel like, and then turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: Not much more to say about this. The spawns on this map are all guaranteed, which is nice, so you know there will be two Infected Dragonlings on the first screen that are nearby for this quest.

Purify the Plane
    The taint is everywhere, so get your bucket and scrubby bubbles because we're going cleaning! Drakor wants us to start out by cleaning seven of the columns of their taint.
    Relevant Quests: Infection Rejection
    Item Requirements:
  • Node Purified
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head one screen to the right, back to the entrance of the map. Here you'll find the somewhat ambiguous node!
    Step 2: Click on the disc and experience great sadness as it runs away from you! It keeps hopping around, so here are the locations it'll go after the first place: second, third, fourth, fifth, sixth, and finally seventh. Once you've gotten the seventh one, you will get the quest item and a few seconds later the quest will auto-complete.
    Additional Notes: For whatever reason the spinning discs seem to have areas you can click (the blue portions) and areas you can't (gaps), so you may have to click a few times before you actually hit one of the areas you can click, since the disc spins. Also, just sort of a cool thing, but when the quest completes you can see the columns in the background do actually get cleansed.

Zombie Dragon Destruction
    The Zombie Dragons (actually, the quest says "Zombiel" Dragons. Zombie Jessica Biel dragons?) cannot control themselves so they need to be subdued to ensure our safety while working to cleanse the realm.
    Relevant Quests: Purify the Plane
    Item Requirements:
  • 10 Zombies Subdued
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head two screens to the left. On this screen you will find two Zombie Dragons, which you may recognize having fought before.
    Step 2: This should come as no surprise, but just start wailing on these guys until you've gotten all 10 of the items you need. Head back to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Inventory Space Required: None, all items are temporary, though one may be desired.
    Additional Notes: Remember the Infection Cutter thing from the quest that was almost exactly like this one? It still applies; unless you want to hit No every time, you may just want to accept the axe. If you've already got it in your inventory it won't drop. Also, you don't actually have to go to the left two screens, since there is a Zombie Dragon on the same screen as Drakor. I just prefer to go to the one with two so that I don't have to wait around as long for the monster to respawn.

Water Realm Purification
    We need to sever Desolich's link to the water realm! And how are we going to do it? Well, we'll kill some Water Elemental Dracoliches and purify the water of course! How do we purify the water, you ask? Why, by removing the corruption, obviously...
    Relevant Quests: Zombie Dragon Destruction
    Item Requirements:
  • Water Purified
  • 5 Water Links Weakened
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head off to the left one screen and then up one screen (we're not starting with the Earth Realm for whatever reason).
    Step 2: Upon arrival you'll be greeted by a strange click spot. I'm not exactly sure what it's trying to actually have you interact with, but IT'S A TRAP! As with the previous purification process, they couldn't just leave it at one thing, so it moves around. Here are the spots: second, third, fourth. Luckily there are only four, and after you get this last one, you'll get the Water Purified item.
    Step 3: Now head down to fight the Proto-Water Dracolich. Keep defeating it until you've gotten all five of the items, then head back to Drakor and turn in the quest.
    Additional Notes: The Proto-Water Dracolich can hit somewhat hard so be careful if you're a lower level, though it doesn't have much health so that's a bonus. Other than that, it's pretty straightforward, even if the click spots are sort of strangely located.

Water Cleanses Fire
    I was under the impression that water put out fire, but I guess it cleanses it too (though fire actually makes water. Think on that one.). We need some purified water in order to cleanse the Fire Realm.
    Relevant Quests: Water Realm Purification
    Item Requirements:
  • 7 Clean Waters
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head back to the Water Realm.
    Step 2: There are seven water drops here. As you can see, most are accessible but some are a little less so. The top-right arrow is blocked by the quest progress box, but the actual drop you can click on is below the boundary of the box so you should be able to click it fine. There is one blocked by the Proto-Water Dracolich, so you'll need to attack him to get him to move out of the way so you can click the drop. Once you've gotten all seven, return to Drakor.
    Additional Notes: Not much else to say, it's a pretty simple one. If for some reason your quest progress box is blocking you from clicking the drop, you can either close the box or click and hold on it, which allows you to drag it to a different part of the screen. You don't have to actually defeat the Proto-Water Dracolich, just move it, but it's not got a lot of health so it's not as big a pain as some of the earlier ones like moving Moganth.

Fire Realm Purification
    We need to sever Desolich's link to the Water Realm by killing some... Fire Elemental Dracoliches! Because that makes sense. We also need to purify the Fire of the realm (which is sounds like we're still talking about the Water Realm...) by removing the corruption. I am fairly sure the quest description is a typo and should say Fire Realm, so if you're confused, don't worry!
    Relevant Quests: Water Cleanses Fire
    Item Requirements:
  • Fire Purified
  • 6 Fire Links Weakened
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then head over to the Fire Realm (three screen left and then one up).
    Step 2: Once here you'll find a circle to click on! Click it and be perhaps disappointed, maybe surprised, that it doesn't just give you the Fire Purified. Nope, we got more places that don't even have fire to click! Here are the rest: second, third, fourth, and fifth.
    Step 3: Also in this room, which you've probably noticed, is the Proto-Fire Dracolich. Despite the quest description saying Fire Elemental Dracoliches, this is what you need to kill for the Fire Link Weakened items. Defeat six of them and then head back to Drakor.
    Additional Notes: Like the other purification processes, the circle that spins actually does require you to hit the "solid" part. This isn't too tough with most of them, but for the fifth one that's partly behind the Proto-Fire Dracolich, you may need to try a few times to click the portion that's not being covered.

Fire Cleanses Earth
    This one does make a little more sense and there is some interesting biology about fire and the earth, but the main point is we are going to need purified flames to help cleanse our next target, the Earth Realm.
    Relevant Quests: Fire Realm Purification
    Item Requirements:
  • 7 Pure Fires
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then return to the Fire Realm.
    Step 2: Upon arrival you shouldn't be surprised to find seven arrows. And once again, some of them are being blocked. Do what you need to in order to get all seven of them, and then return to Drakor.
    Additional Notes: Though it's not really clear where you are supposed to click, you can tell when it's okay to click because the cursor changes to the hand icon. They are pretty big areas for this one so you shouldn't have any problem with it. You are able to get the spot that seems like it may be covered by the Proto-Fire Dracolich's tail, but the two that are blocked by it truly are blocked so you'll need to move the baddie out of the way.

Earth Realm Purification
    By now you probably know what the deal is. We need to sever Desolich's link to the Earth Realm and we need to purify the Earth there. Got it? Good!
    Relevant Quests: Fire Cleanses Earth
    Item Requirements:
  • Earth Purified
  • 7 Earth Links Weakened
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head up into the Earth Realm, which is finally on the same screen!
    Step 2: Prepare yourself for the moving circles again. Once you get here, the first one awaits! But you know we aren't done. Remember how many Pure Fires we collected? Well, that's not how many spots we purify... Regardless, here are the remaining ones: second, third, fourth, fifth, and finally sixth. Purify that Earth!
    Step 3: The Proto-Earth Dracolich awaits, all high and mighty. Why don't we show him who the boss around here is. And in case he doesn't get it the first time, let's show him seven times. Once you've gotten all the items, return to Drakor.
    Additional Notes: Not much to say. You should know the drill with the circles by now. Though why we needed seven Pure Flames if we only "use" six is beyond me. What are we doing with the last one?

Earth Cleanses Air
    I guess earth can kind of cleanse air, in a way? But this is AQW so we are going to make it work! Though we are somehow going to use stones to do it.
    Relevant Quests: Earth Realm Purification
    Item Requirements:
  • 7 Stones
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head up into the Earth Realm once more.
    Step 2: Remember the days of your childhood when everything was fascinating and pick up seven stones. Once again there are a few that are blocked, so you'll need to move the Proto-Earth Dracolich to access them. Once you've gotten all seven, return to Drakor to show him your pretty rocks!
    Additional Notes: If you try to get the Dracolich to move while standing where you enter the room, it may just attack you with range, so you might need to go stand a little off to the right to get it to actually move. Of course you can also just go kill it too.

Air Realm Purification
    One last realm to purify! I bet you're pretty good at it by now, aren't you? You probably even know what to do! But here it is anyways.
    Relevant Quests: Earth Cleanses Air
    Item Requirements:
  • Air Purified
  • 8 Air Links Weakened
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest and then head two screens to the left and up one to the Air Realm.
    Step 2: Yep, those circles are back. You won't have to reach far to get the first one, but there are more of them. At least they are mostly in a straight line. Here they are: second, third, fourth, fifth, and sixth. The fourth and sixth ones are your slightly tricky blocked ones but they can be clicked without attacking the monster.
    Step 3: Apparently the Proto-Air Dracolich is even more stubborn than the other Proto-Elemental Dracoliches, so we are going to need to teach this one eight lessons. Or Desolich just has a stronger link to the Air Realm, but I like to think the Dracolich is stubborn. Once you've taught it eight lessons, print yourself out a Teacher of the Year award and return to Drakor.
    Additional Notes: Because the circles are in a line in this one, it is a little easier to get overeager in your clicking and potentially miss getting the temporary item for the click, so be sure to wait it out, especially if your internet connection isn't the strongest and/or fastest. Other than that, it's a simple and familiar quest.

Dracolich Disconnection
    Now that we have weakened Desolich's links to the four Elemental Realms, it's time to begin working on his link to the Heart of the Dragonplane. To do this we need to slay some Dracoliches!
    Relevant Quests: Air Realm Purification
    Item Requirements:
  • Water Link Severed
  • Fire Link Severed
  • Earth Link Severed
  • Air Link Severed
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head back to the Fire Realm, and then keep heading up one screen.
    Step 2: Once here you'll find the Tempest Dracolich and Deluge Dracolich. Lay the slay down to get the Air Link Severed from the Tempest Dracolich and the Water Link Severed from the Deluge Dracolich. Head to the right one screen.
    Step 3: On this screen you'll find the Granite Dracolich and Inferno Dracolich. Defeat these two to get the Earth Link Severed from the Granite Dracolich and Fire Link Severed from the Inferno Dracolich and then head back to Drakor.
    Additional Notes: You may have found in your travels of Lore other versions of the Inferno Dracolich, and all of them would be easier than this one. However, this is the only one that will drop the Fire Link Severed, so you're stuck fighting this one. After you turn in the quest, a cutscene will play. Interesting information is revealed, and there is some fun photo evidence of you besting the Proto-Elemental Dracoliches.

Heart-searing Pain
    I don't even know where to start with this one. Let's clear some things up though. If you talk to Drakor and read the dialogue box as well as the one you get when you click the "Avatar?" button, you'll see why we aren't actually fighting Desolich himself. You'll also see that you're fighting Lavastorm. Who was just called Lavablast in the cutscene, and in the quest text. And isn't called either when you actually find the monster. It's sort of confusing. But what matters is we need to fight him as he is the last link of Desolich to the Dragonplane!
    Relevant Quests: Dracolich Disconnection
    Item Requirements:
    Locations:
    Walkthrough:
    Step 1: Accept the quest from Drakor and then head all the way to the end of the map, which you've done before in the Ward the Heart quest.
    Step 2: Once here you'll find Lavastorm the Final Lavablast the Final the Avatar of Desolich. Not even Desolich himself, unfortunately. Defeat the Avatar and then wait a few seconds. The quest will auto-complete and a cutscene will play.
    Additional Notes: The Avatar of Desolich can hit pretty hard and has a decent chunk of health, so you could be in for a fight, depending on your class and level. You may need to call in the cavalry (your friends or helpful forumites) to help you if you are having trouble on your own. The cutscene has a sort of nice message, and sort of not-so-nice one, but all's well in the end.

Congratulations, you've done it! You've saved the Etherstorm from the wrath of Desoloth and rid Dragonhame of it's plague! You are now done with the main storyline of the Etherstorm Wastes, but that isn't all there is to it. Keep on reading to see what else there is for you to do in the Etherstorm area.

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 7/13/2016 18:29:21 >
  • AQ AQW  Post #: 3
    7/26/2015 20:24:27   
    Shadowhunt

The Extras

Now that you've wrapped up the storyline of the Etherstorm Wastes, I'm sure you're just itching to keep exploring it and doing everything else you can with the area. Well fret not, for there is plenty more you can do. I will be discussing two things that you can do now that you're done with the storyline; Reputation and the additional quests. These are rather closely linked, as most of the extra quests are repeatable ones to help you gain Reputation, but I'll be detailing them separately.

The Reputation

As you've quested through the saga, you've gained Reputation (also known simply as Rep) in the EtherStorm faction. By my calculations (which could be slightly off, depending on if some auto-completing quests give Rep as well), you will likely have gotten 46,250 Reputation total. This is the minimum, assuming you did it with no Reputation boosting item. The maximum you'll have gotten, if you ran through the entire saga during one of the double Reputation server boosts while using Reputation Boosts and having equipped either the Cape of Awe, Armor of Awe, or Helm of Awe, then you will have gotten 231,250 Reputation (again, assuming my math is correct). As we can see from the Wiki, the rank require increasing amounts of Reputation:

quote:

Reputation Requirements:
  • 1-2: 900 Rep
  • 2-3: 2,700 Rep
  • 3-4: 6,400 Rep
  • 4-5: 12,500 Rep
  • 5-6: 21,600 Rep
  • 6-7: 34,300 Rep
  • 7-8: 51,200 Rep
  • 8-9: 72,900 Rep
  • 9-10: 100,000 Rep

• If you add all of this up, you'll see that in order to get from Rank 0 (having no Rep) to Rank 10 requires 302,500 Reputation. So, if you got the minimum amount of Reputation, you'll be Rank 6 and have 2,150 Reputation towards Rank 7. If you were able to get the maximum amount of Rep, you'll be sitting comfortably in Rank 9, with 28,750 Rep towards Rank 10. But what can you do with this Reputation? Get help with quests, perhaps? Maybe some letters of recommendation? Well, not really. But you can get access to items! I'll break down what you can get, and then let you know where you can get it. Let's dive in! For the items, I will link the item and then provide the rank Reputation needed to buy it. Note that these are just the items that require Etherstorm Reputation to purchase; there are plenty of other items in the area that you can purchase that do not require any Reputation to purchase.

WeaponsArmorsHelmsBack ItemsClassesThat is a lot of items that you can get for ranking up your Reputation in Etherstorm, including a class! While I won't go into too much detail, I will say that the class is a great class, has a high damage output against a single target, and great defenses, though the lack of a native heal makes it riskier to use than some other classes. But knowing all the cool things we can get doesn't help if we don't know where to get them. So here are the shops that you can buy all the Reputation gear from, as well as where to find them.

Air Rep Shop
    The Air Rep Shop can be found in the Airstorm map, in the first screen. It is only available after you have completed the Fire In My Heart quest, which is done in the Firestorm segment. You can access it from As'iiur up until you've completed the Return of the Crystal Beauty quest, which is done during the Earthstorm segment. After completing this quest, As'iiur is replaced by Windstorm, who will allow you to access the shop.

Aniya's Weapons
    Bet you'll never guess what's in this shop! To access it, simply go to Dragonhame and head up one screen. Aniya is the lass across from Drakor.

Earth Rep Shop
    This shop can be found on the first screen of the Earthstorm map. It is only available after you have completed the Kill the Deep Dweller quest, which is done during the Waterstorm segment. Dr'rader will give you access to the shop.

Fire Rep Shop
    This shop is accessed from Hs'Sakar on the first screen of the Firestorm map.

Il'Lar's Armors
    You can access this shop by speaking to Il'Lar in Dragonhame. To find him (from the first screen), head up three screens and then to the left two screens.

Shav'Riel's Helms
    To access this shop, speak to Sha'Riel (I think the shop name is the typo'd one) in Dragonhame. She's hiding (from the first screen) three screens up and two screens to the right.

Smothers's Capes
    To access this shop, go speak to... Not Smothers! I have no idea who Smothers is, but his shop is accessed from Kl'Ing. He (she?) can be found (from the first screen) one screen up and one screen to the right.

Water Rep
    This shop can be found from Ll'rillor on the first screen of the Waterstorm map. In order to access it, you must have completed the quests from As'iiur, which is the Airstorm segment.

Credits

Thanks to .Shadow// for the awesome banner!
    Many thanks to the AQWorlds Wiki for providing all sorts of things like pages for the items and quest direction.

< Message edited by Shadowhunt -- 7/13/2016 18:27:35 >
    AQ AQW  Post #: 4
    Page:   [1]
    All Forums >> [Artix Entertainment Games] >> [AdventureQuest Worlds] >> AQWorlds Guides >> Pending Guides >> Etherstorm Wasteland Survival Guide
    Jump to:

Advertisement

Icon Legend
    New Messages No New Messages
    Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
    Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
     Post New Thread
     Reply to Message
     Post New Poll
     Submit Vote
     Delete My Own Post
     Delete My Own Thread
     Rate Posts

Forum Content Copyright © 2018 Artix Entertainment, LLC.

"AdventureQuest", "DragonFable", "MechQuest", "EpicDuel", "BattleOn.com", "AdventureQuest Worlds", "Artix Entertainment"
    and all game character names are either trademarks or registered trademarks of Artix Entertainment, LLC. All rights are reserved.
    PRIVACY POLICY

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition